The Chateau Diaries #210 PhiPhi. He's the first Real Housewife of Lalande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They don’t have a YouTube channel, they have a strong Instagram presence and a newsletter (I don’t read or subscribe, but one of the proprietors was a professional writer before B&B life so she’s leaning into her strengths).

I don’t see this reel as whining about the work, but an advertisement showing how they are good hosts. Clean bathrooms! Dinner, breakfast, brownies, drinks! Picturesque! You might think of course you have clean bathrooms, beautiful rooms and food if you run a B&B… but that’s not the case for every B&B we talk about on here.

Reactions: 27
Not that easy to sell these chateaux, as we've discussed before. It could take years, even if there isn't some specific local issue (wind farm, busy road etc, etc) to complicate things further.
Isn't that the case for any house sale no matter where you live? Location, location, location! Granted, a chateau maybe not be as easy as a 3 bed house in a sought after area. BUT, from personal experience, always a minefield no matter where, unfortunately!
The buyers of my last home made a significant offer over any other prospective purchasers, only then as completion date drew nearer, wanted £20,000 off their original offer. Was never going to happen as they got an absolute bargain in any case! Turned out they were developers - says it all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
We used to have a read to dogs in libraries programme - I think the odd Librarian still does it if they have a calm, sleepy dog to take. FABULOUS idea - whatever animal you choose. Maybe not squirrels...........or hedgehogs.

Reactions: 9
It would be curious to see what sort of house they left behind. We have seen their two leather chairs. The only indication of their style there.
They have no sense of what goes together at all . I cannot see them staying in France . Was it Steve’s dream and is now Sarah’s. He does not look that happy and I think they are lonely and maybe finances are stretched with no real income . They probably imagined their workshops would be a roaring success and his drawing by numbers graphic design would be appreciated.Another couple duped by Fanny. They thought they would find friends have endless parties. The house does not make it a home…..

---

S

Several of my camelias have been flowering since Christmas, where they are sheltered. My mum's are too. We are on the coast
Mine are out on the south coast uk. The Williamsii group of camellia are very hardy. ( many initially collected by our family from Caerhays castle in Cornwall….) Cornish snow is a favourite of mine. not out now! Small delicate white flowers…..
Japonica group are less hardy and flower later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Shrek and the Sewer are to decorating as Saint Kathy is to painting!

Reactions: 13
My family say ’French France’ too. My nephew has been to Normandy and Paris but says he prefers where I live better as it’s ‘French France’ out in the sticks with wonderful neighbours and a real community. Of course it could be that they fed him red wine at the age of 15…

Reactions: 18

Reactions: 8
Beautiful chateau not the most bubbly personality, I only watched a bit as her talking in monotone in black and white put me to sleep. Not sure she is thick skinned enough to be making her life public
She needs to sort out the volume between music and narration.. my volume control was up n down like a fiddlers elbow.... I'd love to hear her thoughts on the chateau you tubers she's watched... especially CD's...maybe she will become more comfortable in front of the camera the more she produces as I think she is going to struggle..

Reactions: 12

Reactions: 6
People have commented here about Dan's scrawny appearance. To me, he has the look of a long-term smoker of weed. Remember the guilty looks when Fanny went into Amaury's workshop and the two of them and Sabine seemed to be hiding something they were smoking? The recent trip to Morocco? Probably bought some supplies there to bring back to France for smoking. Not to mention the VW van, hippy wrist bands, cravings for McD...

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.