The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good evening, Tartlets and Tartgents! I am just catching up after an incredibly busy few days, and see you all have been a chatty lot. 🤪

Annaliese's dirty car (not the stock footage Macca Mobile one): she is a working mum with full custody of two children (it's not like the littles are having sleepovers at Dan's roofless Chateau), and Dan borrows her car. While it is a hot mess, Annaliese is doing the best she can, doesn't have a maid nor nanny, and is probably exhausted just trying to feed them, keep up on laundry, housework, homework, and spending time with them when she gets home. While it wouldn't hurt her to keep a small rubbish bin in there, it wouldn't kill Dan to clean and wash the car for her once in a while- he seems to have a lot more free time on his hands.

@Karma baby! - enjoy your holiday, soak up that sunshine in Punta Cana, and share some picts with us! It is freezing right now, even in SW Florida!

@Beachgirl - good on you for wanting to re-upholster your sofa! There is a fantastic synthetic leather called Ultra Leather (which is used in luxury cars and sailboats)- measure out how much material you would need and look on eBay- often, you will find a deal on remnants. It is relatively easy to sew (with a heavy duty sewing machine). I re-upholstered my interior boat cushions in it in 2014 (the factory ones were a hideous pink burlap, and was quoted $18K to have them recovered 😯) myself for far less (I used my Sailrite sewing machine, but an old school serger with a leather needle would have worked fine.) You'll need to use a heavier thread (I used Sailrite's V-92 because it is what I had on hand, which may be a bit much for a regular machine.) After 10 years (and much abuse), they still look amazing! (With boat cushions, it's a bit different, as they need to breathe, so the backs are done with Pfifertex mesh and zippers.)

I haven't followed Angelina Ballerina and Phil's channel in a while, so may have to watch a few to see what the fuss is about. Did Phil actually finally BUY the rented Chateau?!?

The Fleuries- just watched their latest vlog (mudroom), and am in agreement with you all- the dogs (how RIDICULOUS was Ziggy when Benoit drove up with his friends?!?) and Benoit are the highlight. I'm not sure what is going on, but (I am probably the only Anna and Philipp fan left on here after "Candlegate"), but the vlogs as of late have just felt a bit off.

As to Kathy, either you love Kathy or you don't, just like marzipan. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Kathy is just living her life, vlogging about it (she does not have a Patreon), and stating her views. While the majority of us do this with our anonymity safely ensconced behind a keyboard, she is out there calling it as she sees it, which is kind of bad-ass in a way- Kathy is a honey badger and could give two forks whether one likes her or not. While I may not agree with her on everything, none of us are perfect- if you were, you certainly would not be on a gossip site (although it is ridiculously fun!) At the end of the day, no matter what shade you 15 trolls and 3 hags throw at me, I'll still adore you (I have thick skin) and will just blame it on your menopause. But, goodness, there is no need to attack Kathy's physical appearance!

And, to end this rant on a positive note, @Beachgirl here is the interior of my sailboat with its Ultra Leather interior:
IMG_6850.jpg

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I'm on the fence with Dan and his "career". As a seasoned career development professional - I have no problems with the more modern concept of 'portfolio careers' - ie: gaining your income from a variety of jobs - the obvious examples being movie stars who also put out albums and sell perfumes etc. I'm also almost in awe of Dan's endless energy for project work - and taking on giant projects. He may be deluded and moneyless but he is certainly optimistic and brave to do what he does. It's much easier to have just the one job with the steady income and knowing where your next pay check is coming from and when.

So you didn't get them to lay out your clothes for the day and make sure your teddy bears are all in the correct place on your bed? :oops: :oops::LOL:
Nope, I did that myself! As well as being responsible for keeping my rooms tidy. We weren’t allowed to make a mess and if we did, we were responsible for clearing it away. We also began working at an early age, in the family company. However my father hated nepotism so we had to put in much more effort than employees not of the family. It’s a lesson that has served us well throughout our lives. We also had daily chores that took a lot of our personal time. The rest was spent in education. And I still have my only stuffed animal, it’s a buffalo. A bit ragged now but still much loved.😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I like the kind of risk Dan and Annalise took to move to France and renovate a bargain property. Worse case scenario you have your 70k sunk in a hard to sell rural French property, it'd be a set back but not insurmountable. His new endeavour beggars belief ... does he not look to La Lande and see that the funds of three privileged families have failed to renovate a habitable building in 17 years? There's a lot of money coming in now and just structural and heating needs could gobble it all up. Did he really think he'd have the charisma of the early CD to drum up similar investment either via viewers or some production company? He couldn't even be warm to Annalise on camera to sell the happy plucky little family narrative that is a proven formula. Stupid. Now he's going OTT with clickbait titles, the desperation is off putting.

I really feel for Annalise in all this. I haven't forgotten the misposted Instagram about the Christmas gift he had sent to the chateau. We know now they were separated then. I want her to have kicked him to the curb but I really think he has got his head turned and couldn't maintain his commitment. Turns out he's a selfish scrawny try hard, better off without him sooner rather than later.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
He just needed to get rid of his partner and becoming a spare time dad to fulfill his dreams for that. Involved himself with grifters and liars, lived for month at lalande, free booze, holiday in Venetia, spent his money on teeth, flight to another country for his teeth (surely not alone), sunglasses.. but wasn’t able to buy vital construction items for his (former) house.

When there is a party at lalande at night, he brings the kids with him to a bunch of drunk adults.
To be fair - he had the 'portfolio career' and the optimism of converting a rundown farmhouse before leaving his partner - I think there was more to it than following a dream at the expense of his family.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Next video: him
Correct, there is a sequence of works but the order is dependent on the type of construction technique.
In the case of a timber or brick veneer structure the windows and doors are usually installed after the roof.

However, when using solid bricks or breeze blocks, it is acceptable practice to install both the window and door frames prior to laying the bricks/blocks courses above. Only when the lintel (made out of timber or steel) is in place, can the courses of bricks above be laid, and finally, the roof structure added.

The technique employed by Dan is atypical of this type of construction.
Future video: Dan planing the lower edge of the door once starting with tiling the floor

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Kathy is more interested in Tattle than she cares to admit.
I hope St Kathy of Lidl finds real friends, you know....real people to talk to so she can stop treating her YouTube subscribers collectively like a next-door neighbor she can rant to about the neighbors they equally dislike! :ROFLMAO: ✌ :ROFLMAO: ✌

mmrrgghhhh:cautious::cautious:
Have a smile, meet Prince Abdul Mateen of Brunei!
brunei prince mateen.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
That's good, she's sharing with 3 other girls, she needs company, she spends too much time in her own head..
Though in this case it doesn't look like there are any girls. And which was her room? The second small one with only a bed and a chest or the first one without window and only a bed without a chest? 🤔
Is she allowed to distribute her precious christlas in the living room? And sure this kitchen is a change compared to Lalande kitchen, is there anybody cooking at all? I don't believe she will be there next year this time around...

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I am not defending Dan but I do have to say that I don’t think it’s fair to crown all mothers with a halo without having more information. He does seem to at least do a lot of “things”. I haven’t seen one thing that Annalise has done, and what I have seen of her house yard and car is not good. In most couples, people have their roles. How people decide to split the work varies couple to couple.

He might have been acting an ass because he wanted out due to feeling like she wasn’t keeping her bargain. We did hear something that he didn’t want kids and she ended up pregnant. If I were the man I would be pissed off. That’s a big betrayal. It doesn’t seem like she was trying to be a spot on housekeeper when she didn’t really have a job. Her vegetable beds were a mess. Her chickens were a mess. The house was a mess. Etc. if I were the man, out working all day I would be upset.

I know raising babies is hard. But if she got pregnant against his wishes, she should be putting forth the effort. Again, if he doesn’t like any of this, then he needs to leave or get on board.

Sometimes men turn into assholes when they want out because they don’t want to be the bad guy. They just act like total assholes until the women make them leave or leave themselves. I get the sense that’s what he was doing when he showed himself being a dick to her.

I don’t think he finds himself very happy at all at the moment. He certainly doesn’t look it. He hasn’t done anything (that he has shown at least) for months. He hasn’t posted much for months either. So I don’t really know what their problem was. But based on the state of that house car whatever, I don’t think she’s blameless.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Good evening, Tartlets and Tartgents! I am just catching up after an incredibly busy few days, and see you all have been a chatty lot. 🤪

Annaliese's dirty car (not the stock footage Macca Mobile one): she is a working mum with full custody of two children (it's not like the littles are having sleepovers at Dan's roofless Chateau), and Dan borrows her car. While it is a hot mess, Annaliese is doing the best she can, doesn't have a maid nor nanny, and is probably exhausted just trying to feed them, keep up on laundry, housework, homework, and spending time with them when she gets home. While it wouldn't hurt her to keep a small rubbish bin in there, it wouldn't kill Dan to clean and wash the car for her once in a while- he seems to have a lot more free time on his hands.

@Karma baby! - enjoy your holiday, soak up that sunshine in Punta Cana, and share some picts with us! It is freezing right now, even in SW Florida!

@Beachgirl - good on you for wanting to re-upholster your sofa! There is a fantastic synthetic leather called Ultra Leather (which is used in luxury cars and sailboats)- measure out how much material you would need and look on eBay- often, you will find a deal on remnants. It is relatively easy to sew (with a heavy duty sewing machine). I re-upholstered my interior boat cushions in it in 2014 (the factory ones were a hideous pink burlap, and was quoted $18K to have them recovered 😯) myself for far less (I used my Sailrite sewing machine, but an old school serger with a leather needle would have worked fine.) You'll need to use a heavier thread (I used Sailrite's V-92 because it is what I had on hand, which may be a bit much for a regular machine.) After 10 years (and much abuse), they still look amazing! (With boat cushions, it's a bit different, as they need to breathe, so the backs are done with Pfifertex mesh and zippers.)

I haven't followed Angelina Ballerina and Phil's channel in a while, so may have to watch a few to see what the fuss is about. Did Phil actually finally BUY the rented Chateau?!?

The Fleuries- just watched their latest vlog (mudroom), and am in agreement with you all- the dogs (how RIDICULOUS was Ziggy when Benoit drove up with his friends?!?) and Benoit are the highlight. I'm not sure what is going on, but (I am probably the only Anna and Philipp fan left on here after "Candlegate"), but the vlogs as of late have just felt a bit off.

As to Kathy, either you love Kathy or you don't, just like marzipan. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Kathy is just living her life, vlogging about it (she does not have a Patreon), and stating her views. While the majority of us do this with our anonymity safely ensconced behind a keyboard, she is out there calling it as she sees it, which is kind of bad-ass in a way- Kathy is a honey badger and could give two forks whether one likes her or not. While I may not agree with her on everything, none of us are perfect- if you were, you certainly would not be on a gossip site (although it is ridiculously fun!) At the end of the day, no matter what shade you 15 trolls and 3 hags throw at me, I'll still adore you (I have thick skin) and will just blame it on your menopause. But, goodness, there is no need to attack Kathy's physical appearance!

And, to end this rant on a positive note, @Beachgirl here is the interior of my sailboat with its Ultra Leather interior:
View attachment 1886171
Fleurieswill be jealous when they see this 😍🤣

So true for Dan:
"Clutteredness is a sign of stagnation and will slow you and your progress down in life. Like a clogged drain, Feng Shui masters claim that good luck for the Year of the Rabbit will be blocked if you do not take the initiative now to clean up your car!"
After reading 16 pages, I am updated!

Here's what I think:

1) This guy might have successfully convinced himself of the folly that he is so cool.

View attachment 1885918

2) That car is messy, but that's an easy fix if you're the type who can't tolerate mess. These people obviously can.
Also, the interwebs (and behavioral scientists) agree that the cleanliness of your vehicle says a whole lot about you!

View attachment 1885995

3) This man and his dog are the only entertainment value the Honfleur smugs managed to put out on their vlog this week.
Anna's constipated voice is still painful to listen to, but I prefer her narration over her smug hubby.

View attachment 1886004

4) In 15 years, I imagine SJ like Miss Havisham, saying...

View attachment 1886026

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I am not defending Dan but I do have to say that I don’t think it’s fair to crown all mothers with a halo without having more information. He does seem to at least do a lot of “things”. I haven’t seen one thing that Annalise has done, and what I have seen of her house yard and car is not good. In most couples, people have their roles. How people decide to split the work varies couple to couple.
He might have been acting an ass because he wanted out due to feeling like she wasn’t keeping her bargain. We did hear something that he didn’t want kids and she ended up pregnant. If I were the man I would be pissed off. That’s a big betrayal. It doesn’t seem like she was trying to be a spot on housekeeper when she didn’t really have a job. Her vegetable beds were a mess. Her chickens were a mess. The house was a mess. Etc. if I were the man, out working all day I would be upset.
I know raising babies is hard. But if she got pregnant against his wishes, she should be putting forth the effort. Again, if he doesn’t like any of this, then he needs to leave or get on board.
Sometimes men turn into assholes when they want out because they don’t want to be the bad guy. They just act like total assholes until the women make them leave or leave themselves. I get the sense that’s what he was doing when he showed himself being a dick to her.
I don’t think he finds himself very happy at all at the moment. He certainly doesn’t look it. He hasn’t done anything (that he has shown at least) for months. He hasn’t posted much for months either. So I don’t really know what their problem was. But based on the state of that house car whatever, I don’t think she’s blameless.
Dan is a dick. Not a cute smiling one with wings either. A nasty scrawny, stanky one. Dan the gardener must not have minded too much that Annalise got pregnant the first time because they obviously have two kids now. Dan and Annalise are grown adults in their 30’s and know how babies are made. We don’t know what happens behind closed doors in any relationship, BUT Dan was obviously the problem. Dan is still the problem. Annalise is not perfect, no one is, but I hope she is counting her lucky stars every day to no longer be together with Dan.

“Oh, how can you say that, how do you know?”, some sweet tartlets might be asking. Because I have eyes, ears and common sense and have seen what they have voluntarily shown me and the entire internet. I am also an amazing snap judge of character and a little bit psychic.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Next video: him

Future video: Dan planing the lower edge of the door once starting with tiling the floor
That is not an uncommon problem.
Installation of carpets, tiles or new floors such as laminate can be problematic, and may require the planing of the bottoms of doors.

Dan is a dick. Not a cute smiling one with wings either. A nasty scrawny, stanky one. Dan the gardener must not have minded too much that Annalise got pregnant the first time because they obviously have two kids now. Dan and Annalise are grown adults in their 30’s and know how babies are made. We don’t know what happens behind closed doors in any relationship, BUT Dan was obviously the problem. Dan is still the problem. Annalise is not perfect, no one is, but I hope she is counting her lucky stars every day to no longer be together with Dan.

“Oh, how can you say that, how do you know?”, some sweet tartlets might be asking. Because I have eyes, ears and common sense and have seen what they have voluntarily shown me and the entire internet. I am also an amazing snap judge of character and a little bit psychic.
Agreed @Jules.
Annalise is well shot of him.
Dan has grandiose plans but not grandiose amounts of money.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.