The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Looks more like an Airbnb apartment than a shared flat to me. Or maybe flight attendants who are only once a month there? 🤔

Reactions: 13
There was a meme doing the rounds on FB a while ago showing that the cars of women tend to be bomb sites and their houses immaculate whereas mens cars are immaculate and their houses bomb sites. In our family I can confirm this theory 🤣. Annalise has two young children and a job, feck the car, she’s busy enough.
What job? The kindergarden lunchtime help job is long over?

Kathy is more interested in Tattle than she cares to admit.
Happened to the best of us😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My brother and I were raised by the same nanny as my mother. Several of the staff that began their careers were still with the family when it all came crashing down. They were pensioned off and the surviving family members got on with life. Fortunately our parents insisted we learn everything from polishing boots to household management. Dad knew the end was coming and wanted us prepared to be self-sufficient.
Yes but what people don't realise is that for some families the staff almost become family. They aren't discarded and are looked after as they once looked after us. But unfortunately that was a different and in my view, better world. One which could not last.

Kathy is more interested in Tattle than she cares to admit.
I have zero idea who this Kathy woman is. Another Gooder woman? I have no intention of watching her in any case.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have zero idea who this Kathy woman is. Another Gooder woman? I have no intention of watching her in any case.
Don’t! Really! I would fall asleep watching her, if I wasn’t too busy cringing.
I only saw a few of her videos that were linked here, but imagine a random kinda incoherent grandma sitting in front of a camera and just rambling on!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Air-conditioning?
'flow thru ventilation'

The Influencer’s message to trolls whilst driving the Tesla made absolutely no sense. The Influencer has lost his touch. Funny how they haven’t connected all of the “hate” to the 110 euro CANDLEGATE. Let’s hear the Influencer and Wallpaperer address that!
While I watched the message to trolls, I thought . . . am I missing something.
Whatever his point was, I didn't get it.

Saint Kathy knows all.
She only thinks she knows all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I think this argument brings down the whole glass house of tattle… if that’s the case, then we shouldn’t be criticizing most people we see in the vlogs. because we only see minutes of their lives.
The reality is that we are adults with powers of deduction and common sense. Most of us are very good at reading between the lines and sleuthing too.

So, I don’t think there is one person here who would defend Dan as a parent at this point. We have seen far too much of his actions. But we barely ever see Annalise, we don’t even see inside of her house anymore.
The fact that she gets the same amount of tit from some people as Dan when it comes to parenting, is weird to say the least. Someone here even said “she doesn’t even have a job and all she does is buying matching outfits for the kids”
Bruh! Are you for real? 😂 I’m sure if she had a job someone else would pop up to say “she spends her time at a job and doesn’t pay enough attention to the kids” (tell me as working moms, you haven’t heard these sort of snarky comments in your lives)

Our society has always been harder on women when it comes to parenting, and most of that hard criticism comes from other women. It’s really sad.
Ma’am, Just let the pacifiers go! 😂 it’s not that important to be mentioned every time we talk about Annalise.
Re: I think this argument brings down the whole glass house of tattle… if that’s the case, then we shouldn’t be criticizing most people we see in the vlogs. because we only see minutes of their lives.

Not only that, but the Vlogger decides what content to put in.... It's not like Chateau DIY where they are filmed and someone else does the editing in post-production.

One would think the content they choose to leave in a video, is the type of content that makes them look their VERY best -- their best highlights of the day or week or month. The most flattering images of themselves. It's a head-scratcher to see them use content which is so unflattering or ridiculous, shows poor judgement, or demonstrates rude, greedy or lazy behaviour. It must be because they live in a bubble, are surrounded by sycophants who don't tell them the truth, or they think it's funny. They have a very high opinion of themselves and sadly it's a rather distorted viewpoint. Perhaps they don't care how they are represented as long as it gets clicks, likes and subscribes.

No one is holding a gun to Fanny or Dan's head to push out content like the kind they do. Both of them are 100% in control of their videos....They are just too stupid or blind to see how they really look. Imagine what they are really like when the camera is off or the clips that end up the cutting room floor. I personally think Fanny, in particular, has been flattered and adored her whole life -- her family and the people treat her as though she's so charming, they're swept up in her blond hair and big eyes, vibrant laughter and her coquettish and flirtatious mannerisms --- and yet, I think tattlers have seen through her parlour tricks. While she's dazzling people, she's picking their pockets and in some cases, robbing them blind.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
A few comments from manless dans latest video:

Rick Walker
5 minutes ago
Where would we find a explanation of the crazy floor plan for this "interesting" design for an addition that looks rather confused and disjointed like a Rube Goldberg invention ?

Sea Moon
1 hour ago
Sometimes I see the crazy things you do ...in a Cartoon form...it makes it easier to watch..yowza ...
Just put a piece of plywood in front of the glass door.
Just think if you had that great 'Hummty Dumpty" moment during the scaffolding /lintel escapade ..it would all have been caught on camera...Epic...passive aggressive drama..
Cherie Sharp
37 minutes ago
Dan you are going to end up hurting yourself, ask for someone to help Reply

ÆM
ÆM
38 minutes ago
Now lookit: you were TOTALLY taking a chance using that rickety scaffolding for that heavy wood. How hard would it have been to ask Amaury to stop by and help you? One fall, Dan, and your career would be over. I don’t think you’d recommend such a move to your sons (once grown up and attempting same). PLEEEEEEEEEEZE

poodlegirl55
41 minutes ago
Oh geez what could go wrong? Rickety scaffold, glass door, huge weight.

The Chapel 1898
43 minutes ago
I think my jaw was dropped wide open watching the last half of this video. Please take care of yourself and get some safety glasses too please. Concrete chips and dust in the eye is no fun either. Safety first.

Barbara L'Amoreaux
51 minutes ago
I thought for a minute there that we were going to witness the “Dan goes to hospital“ episode…glad you finished in one piece. Congrats on getting the lintel in!2

diamondslashranch
1 hour ago
I lost my bet that you were going to put the oak lintel through the glass door😂😂
Humpty Dumpty Numpty.
The best takeaway from all this is that someone believes Dan has a "career." 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Saint Kathy knows all.
Hmm. I think the jury is still out on that one. She was rather miffed when I pointed out that she was promoting fake news back in the summer, definately not fact checking. And now she's on her very own high horse blaming tattlers for doing the very same. Tattlers don't rattle. But it would appear that the patron saint of Lidl does.

Humpty Dumpty Numpty.
The best takeaway from all this is that someone believes Dan has a "career." 🤣
Was going to say the exact same. What career is that then Danno? Twonk.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
THEY use Patreon and other services to ask for money, THEY monetize their videos to get money, THEY have lied shamelessly on multiple occasions to the viewers, THEY drag people and children in front of the camera to show off how nice and perfect they all are, THEY promote each other for the sake of gaining more followers and money, THEY reveal their private lives to the viewers and a lot of time THEY tell a sad story to count on the compassionate followers to send more money, THEY break their belongings and ask the followers for compensation…..

For how long have DanAliese pretended to be the perfect family, and have received Patreon money until they revealed their breakup? They played that charade so long, that both parties had enough money to get by on their own for some time.

No one of them is perfect. Most of them joined the Patreon grifting bandwagon fun and became franchises for Lalande and hope that they also get the attention.

So, we do have every right to talk, tattle and gossip about everything we see on this our own playground.

And it doesn’t matter if those YouTube celebrities are dads, moms, old, young, gay, person of color, lesbians, thin, bigger, … they all voluntarily risk themselves being exposed and exploited in public. That’s the prize they have to pay for gering money from strangers. There is no pass for anyone, no matter how sweet and kind they seem to be on cam.
Exactly !!! No one put a gun to their head and said "Do this!" !!! (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
After reading 16 pages, I am updated!

Here's what I think:

1) This guy might have successfully convinced himself of the folly that he is so cool.

cd746.png

2) That car is messy, but that's an easy fix if you're the type who can't tolerate mess. These people obviously can.
Also, the interwebs (and behavioral scientists) agree that the cleanliness of your vehicle says a whole lot about you!

cd747.png

3) This man and his dog are the only entertainment value the Honfleur smugs managed to put out on their vlog this week.
Anna's constipated voice is still painful to listen to, but I prefer her narration over her smug hubby.

cd748.png

4) In 15 years, I imagine SJ like Miss Havisham, saying...

cd749.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Thought the same thing myself. The lintels you place as you build, but to fit the door when there's not even a roof on........... what a fuckin numpty.
Correct, there is a sequence of works but the order is dependent on the type of construction technique.
In the case of a timber or brick veneer structure the windows and doors are usually installed after the roof.

However, when using solid bricks or breeze blocks, it is acceptable practice to install both the window and door frames prior to laying the bricks/blocks courses above. Only when the lintel (made out of timber or steel) is in place, can the courses of bricks above be laid, and finally, the roof structure added.

The technique employed by Dan is atypical of this type of construction.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Correct, there is a sequence of works but the order is dependent on the type of construction technique.
In the case of a timber or brick veneer structure the windows and doors are usually installed after the roof.

However, when using solid bricks or breeze blocks, it is acceptable practice to install both the window and door frames prior to laying the bricks/blocks courses above. Only when the lintel (made out of timber or steel) is in place, can the courses of bricks above be laid, and finally, the roof structure added.

The technique employed by Dan is atypical of this type of construction.
Here's SJ's sequence:

Step 1: Put wallpaper on the walls
Step 1.5 Drain the pond
Step 2: Travel
Step 2.5 Beg online
Step 3: Decorate, paint the lintels and doorposts, and install new doors and chandeliers.
Step 3.5 Find a useless gay twink boyfriend
Step 4: Ignore the building's compromised structural integrity and damages.
Step 4.5 Purchase old paneling
Step 5: Travel
Step 5.5 Pretend to save money to restore the pond
Step 6: Buy trees from Belgium
Step 7: Plant a new garden
Step 8: Travel
Step 9: Pretend to be surprised to find out about the structural damage to her castle.
Step 10: Travel

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
we also always had staff...but we always throw our mess away ourselves...having staff doesnt mean you have to act as a pig yourself...i sometimes m clean the kitchen.myself..when i have the time.....i dont see why i shouldnt be doing that...just because you have staff?? Next month when we have the springclean i am also hands on..i actually like it..it great fun..the interaction with all the ladies who come from the village to help...they get paid...but we all have a great time together..and we always laugh a lott..
So you didn't get them to lay out your clothes for the day and make sure your teddy bears are all in the correct place on your bed? :oops: :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Flower Killer's got herself somewhere to live

(227) Come and view an apartment with me - YouTube
That's good, she's sharing with 3 other girls, she needs company, she spends too much time in her own head..

I can say from experience that if you hire a person to clean, they are not going to come into a strangers home and put all their stuff away. They have no idea where it goes. If you want someone to put all your stuff away you need a housekeeper rather than a cleaner. They clean and put stuff away. But you need a longer term more personal relationship with them so they learn how you do things. You also need to give them more time to do the work.
That's what I said, my point being, it's the tidying up I don't like, running the vacuum around and cleaning bathrooms is a doddle (to me).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm on the fence with Dan and his "career". As a seasoned career development professional - I have no problems with the more modern concept of 'portfolio careers' - ie: gaining your income from a variety of jobs - the obvious examples being movie stars who also put out albums and sell perfumes etc. I'm also almost in awe of Dan's endless energy for project work - and taking on giant projects. He may be deluded and moneyless but he is certainly optimistic and brave to do what he does. It's much easier to have just the one job with the steady income and knowing where your next pay check is coming from and when.

My brother and I were raised by the same nanny as my mother. Several of the staff that began their careers with my grandparents were still with the family when it all came crashing down. They were pensioned off and the surviving family members got on with life. Fortunately our parents insisted we learn everything from polishing boots to household management. Dad knew the end was coming and wanted us prepared to be self-sufficient.
So you didn't get them to lay out your clothes for the day and make sure your teddy bears are all in the correct place on your bed? :oops: :oops::LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm on the fence with Dan and his "career". As a seasoned career development professional - I have no problems with the more modern concept of 'portfolio careers' - ie: gaining your income from a variety of jobs - the obvious examples being movie stars who also put out albums and sell perfumes etc. I'm also almost in awe of Dan's endless energy for project work - and taking on giant projects. He may be deluded and moneyless but he is certainly optimistic and brave to do what he does. It's much easier to have just the one job with the steady income and knowing where your next pay check is coming from and when.
He just needed to get rid of his partner and becoming a spare time dad to fulfill his dreams for that. Involved himself with grifters and liars, lived for month at lalande, free booze, holiday in Venetia, spent his money on teeth, flight to another country for his teeth (surely not alone), sunglasses.. but wasn’t able to buy vital construction items for his (former) house.

When there is a party at lalande at night, he brings the kids with him to a bunch of drunk adults.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Dan has to gain more weight...he is too skinny..he cant even lift that piece of wood... :rolleyes: he has the body of a 14 year old kid..
Do you have any idea how much that old lintel weighs?
The lintel is made from very old and thus very dense and very heavy timber.

It was really bad judgement on Dan's part to put it up alone.
He put himself in a potentially disastrous situation . . . again.
Putting up that lintel was a two person job.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.