The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I admit my car is sometimes messy, too. Especially when using it on vacations. But that's because I deliberately decided to be lazy and not because I am a busy mum. Same with my house. When I am tired or have really busy days or no energy left I would always miss on me,though, never on children. I would skip a relaxing bath and have a shower but clean up the kitchen...things like that. It's just ridiculous how often Dan goes to McDonalds- and he is even a cook. He should cook proper meals and support Analiese and bring her ready to use healthy meals instead of being the fun dad with fast food cheat days. What lesson is he teaching the boys?
To me it seems the only job Analiese is doing is buying matching cute clothes. She has no proper job but is also not really taking proper care of her place.
But she lost anyway because she allows the kids to be filmed and that's just a no-go. I hope she does feel some shame in this case.
House work is counterproductive. You should only do it if you're being paid.
That's why God gave us Housekeepers lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
At this point I've decided to use the leather from the back of the couch to redo the cushions on the love seat until I'm ready to do both, and just store the couch for now. I love the set, but fabric is likely the only affordable option eventually..
That’s a great idea, I may keep the good pieces of leather from my sofa when I eventually reupholster.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just seen that F4F has commissioned a special Medieval-Castles-R-Us portrait of them both. She is going to take to BricoCr@p to have it inappropriately framed especially as a little cadeaux for Lord Snorty for Valentines Day. The likenesses are uncanny.

It will be just paaaaarfect to hang and clash against Daddy’s wallpaper in the non functioning Winter Salon WC…

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Just had a thought. With a bit more class, a bit more style, a bit more 'taste', a bit more humour. More appealing characters, in fact a completely different cast - Chateau Diaries could become the French Schitt's Creek.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
As we manage our way through the day - I’m taking a brief moment to wonder out loud on Tattle -
Do we know if anyone had a chance to clean up the pigeon tit on the cushion/chair?
I mean why fuss over Dan, his wasted look, his gleaming teeth, a messy car, a hallow building, his friendship with Cuz, his lack of engagement with reality - when. . . .well, never mind.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Just seen that F4F has commissioned a special Medieval-Castles-R-Us portrait of them both. She is going to take to BricoCr@p to have it inappropriately framed especially as a little cadeaux for Lord Snorty for Valentines Day. The likenesses are uncanny.

It will be just paaaaarfect to hang and clash against Daddy’s wallpaper in the non functioning Winter Salon WC…
Are we sure that’s not Isabelle and Percy? 😄

D8460A18-3EC0-437F-B455-5BEADF02232E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 22
YouTube threw me Dan's video #2 so I watched it.
Again the concrete mixer, the row of concrete blocks and the story of the door.
When building a house, there is a sequence of works.
Dear God, Dan, windows and doors go at the end, when the house has a roof.
Thought the same thing myself. The lintels you place as you build, but to fit the door when there's not even a roof on........... what a fuckin numpty.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Had to laugh when I saw someone taking the moral high ground for "mum shaming" please- people said he car was a mess. Isabelle is a Mum and she is called all manner of things and questioned over actual mothering! Natti's Mum? Chantalle. Dan's a Dad he gets criticused over a parenting? This is a gossip site and if calling out a messy car is too harsh how can you stomach the IJ comments. A messy car is just a messy car.
Friend… I think the tattle moral high ground is fully occupied by people thinking themselves so much better than others to judge the whole upbringing of 2 kids, based on the minutes of footage they see every 4 weeks.

And comparing that to talking about IJ or Natty’s mom? Please! We are seeing the result of their failed parenting on the screen in every single video.
Bad parenting is not being too overwhelmed to clean your car, or making a mistake of giving kids pacifiers for too long.
It’s outright saying to your kid you don’t buy her gifts because you gave her gift of life, and to be model narcissist grifter for her to follow!
So far as I have seen, Annalise is trying her best for those kids to have beautiful experiences (ok the septic tank was outright stupid and made me angry too) but I see her entertaining them, going out for walks, going on play dates, creating a lovely Christmas for them, talking to them with respect and constantly saying they are the best thing in her life.
All while their dead beat dad is off to nobody knows where and the biggest responsibility he seems to have is to occasionally babysit his own kids…

Not to worry tho! Tattle away… it was my mistake to try to say something nice I guess! 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
CB58B01D-1906-4EE0-8FC7-B31D315AB931.jpeg
As we manage our way through the day - I’m taking a brief moment to wonder out loud on Tattle -
Do we know if anyone had a chance to clean up the pigeon tit on the cushion/chair?
I mean why fuss over Dan, his wasted look, his gleaming teeth, a messy car, a hallow building, his friendship with Cuz, his lack of engagement with reality - when. . . .well, never mind.
Why would the lazy Floor Scrubber have the pigeon 💩 on the furniture cleaned up when according to Pill (at Chateau Strife) you can just paint over it? 😆 😝 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Friend… I think the tattle moral high ground is fully occupied by people thinking themselves so much better than others to judge the whole upbringing of 2 kids, based on the minutes of footage they see every 4 weeks.

And comparing that to talking about IJ or Natty’s mom? Please! We are seeing the result of their failed parenting on the screen in every single video.
Bad parenting is not being too overwhelmed to clean your car, or making a mistake of giving kids pacifiers for too long.
It’s outright saying to your kid you don’t buy her gifts because you gave her gift of life, and to be model narcissist grifter for her to follow!
So far as I have seen, Annalise is trying her best for those kids to have beautiful experiences (ok the septic tank was outright stupid and made me angry too) but I see her entertaining them, going out for walks, going on play dates, creating a lovely Christmas for them, talking to them with respect and constantly saying they are the best thing in her life.
All while their dead beat dad is off to nobody knows where and the biggest responsibility he seems to have is to occasionally babysit his own kids…

Not to worry tho! Tattle away… it was my mistake to try to say something nice I guess! 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think you are overreacting the comment was the car is a mess. That is a fact it is a mess. A messy car is not parent shaming, nor does a messy car a bad parent make. I am happy to hear nice things but just thought it was a bit of an over reaction.

Reactions: 7
i just find a very old episode of escape to the chateau on one of croatian channels, with michael petheric doing panels.

Reactions: 4

Using your own argument, I'm not sure we can judge Dan's parenting, based on "minutes of footage every 4 weeks." We don't know how often he babysits his own kids - neither do we know how often Annalise enjoys her little breaks away shown on her IG, when I assume Dan is looking after the boys. You can't use the same argument to defend Annalise and then to castigate Dan.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So leather can be painted , who knew? However given Phils attempts at painting a wall I do not hold out much hope of his leather attempts looking good, nor that painted seats stand up to daily wear and tear of actually being sat upon!
If your leather furniture is in such bad condition you are going to throw it out, go ahead and give painting it a try. Maybe you’ll get a little more time before you need to buy something new?

My fil tried spray painting a set of hand me down fabric dining chairs. Yes, they make fabric spray paint. They didn’t turn out well and looked better before he attempted his experiment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I think you are overreacting the comment was the car is a mess. That is a fact it is a mess. A messy car is not parent shaming, nor does a messy car a bad parent make. I am happy to hear nice things but just thought it was a bit of an over reaction.

Exactly. I said the car is a mess. I never said anything about either of them being bad parents. The photo was a joke and having watched the vlog it was obviously not their car.

• Heart
Using your own argument, I'm not sure we can judge Dan's parenting, based on "minutes of footage every 4 weeks." We don't know how often he babysits his own kids - neither do we know how often Annalise enjoys her little breaks away shown on her IG, when I assume Dan is looking after the boys. You can't use the same argument to defend Annalise and then to castigate Dan.
So stance we’re taking is that Dan may be a good parent too?
Good to know 😆

• Haha
So stance we’re taking is that Dan may be a good parent too?
Good to know 😆
No, I'm saying that none of us are in a position to judge either parent based on very limited footage. Why is Annalise a contender for "Mother of the Year" based on the odd minute or two we see of her every now and again? From what I see, neither are perfect but trying to get by.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.