The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was that photo actually taken in her car? 😳 That’s not even near normal- I was thinking some cracker crumbs and maybe a hamburger wrapper or some Happy Meal toys. But good grief/ that looked staged as in someone emptied several trash cans in there/ I’m even thinking the stench would be pretty bad! Ewww! Where do the boys even sit? There’s a rug on the passengers seat??? Omgosh! I can’t even imagine- driving around like that.
*My daughters have toddlers and it is a struggle to keep the car tidy inside/ but geez/ I have never seen theirs look like that- I have seen a couple of Froot loops and some goldfish crackers. But I have never seen anything like that In their vehicles! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Someone please tell me that’s not her car!!!
I don’t want to believe that! 😳😨🙈
It was not her vehicle!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Confused in 2023?
SJ no longer shows renovations she does a show so she can have a commercial in a show and be the actress in that commercial??? Her last commercial was not for chateau diaries but was for chateau unwrapped but we saw it in chateau diaries? This commercial was for charity but you win a van? So it is a chance in a lottery or raffle which is gambling? Her Patrons could not donate to the lottery thru SJ thru the scam and were upset? Where is the charity? I never saw any donations leave from the tiny chateau built for Advent. These people suck!
I don’t want to watch a commercial! I do not want to watch Snorty wink into the camera one more time! He is 🤮. The kaboom is so fake SJ spent the day with a pigeon just to avoid Snorty and his mother.
Cuz thinks he can fix the falling castle alone but needed help from his Daddy to put a wire in a dirt hole.
Dan should put down the booze and call the men’s mental health line he was begging money for. It’s sad to watch him now so I don’t.
I use to watch to see a chateau get renovated or to see if SJ and Potty get back together. I still hope Diesel visits Ruby one last time. Instead the freak show is about Snorty sniffing Percy’s bow tie. He’s a weird one! No thanks

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
This actually made me think that she should host murder mysteries at the shitto. I wonder if they've thought about it? It's paaarfect for them. Drama. Costumes. Alcohol. The current residents are spot on characters! But I digress... they would need to charge BIG BUCKS for such a thing, so only a couple of the regulars could be present. But think about it... the current regulars are SO PERFECT for this! The fading, dated blonde socialite and her grossly unappealing young lover; the wealthy and elderly couple; the "dishy" handyman; the odd Scottish dwarf; the Argentinian housekeeper; the semi-successful photographer on vacation with his writer companion... And of course there are more! Baghead and family; the tree guy; Kirsty; the neighborhood jack of all trades, the refugee, the Russian cook... LOL! Help me put this together. 😆 I think snorty could be the victim, then everyone would blame everyone else for the motives.
It's been done - 7 Academy Award nominations - 1 award, 9 BAFTA nominations - 2 awards.
Gosford Park even had yellow couches in the Grand Salon, but unlike LaLaLande there was no bird tit or brown stains.

1673752693193.png
1673755487839.png
1673755547356.png
1673756106890.png

LaLaLande is based on
Gosford Park
is a 2001 satirical black comedy mystery film directed by Robert Altman and written by Julian Fellowes. It was influenced by Jean Renoir's French classic La Règle du jeu (The Rules of the Game).

GOSFORD PARK LaLaLande explores the English-Euro class trash system and master-servant relations via the modus operandi of multiple characters and intertwining storylines. In November 1932 2022, a phalanx of faux-moneyed guests arrives for a weekend Christmas decorating shooting party at the estate decrepit French isolated chateau HMN of Sir William McCordle aging, English society wanna-be Stephanme 'Fanny' Jarvis and her bearded companion Lady Sylvia Snorty Janssen. Mary, Kathy an fresh experience-faced, naïve skeptical new maid accompanies the sniping Countess Caroline of Gooder Trentham, and is shown the ropes by the house's worldly fiery Argentinian head housemaid, Elsie Natti and her seemingly hapless, handyman Amoire. While the masters engage in various financial and sexual intrigues upstairs, the world downstairs in the filthy kitchen quarters has its own curiosities--namely, Ruthy the alleged partner predatory valet to a Hollywood producer South African F1 photographer, Henry Denton Michael, 'Potty' Potts, and the mysterious, cagey chateau co-owner Nic 'Baghead' Larkin servant, Robert Parks. Mary Kathy soon discovers that the image of servants living vicariously through their masters is a false one, and that the upstairs-downstairs worlds are often shockingly interwoven.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I really like Annalise and will forgive her for having a messy car. She is mostly a single Mum, trying to run the house, look after the kids and work as a hairdresser . I should think cleaning her car is pretty low on her list of priorities.
Not that it matters but isn't she a preschool teacher with hairdressing on the side? And, even though we have a low opinion of Dan, he seems very involved in his kids' lives.

Reactions: 11
Please put us out of our misery and let us know when she is going down, lol!
All the letters went in last week. I won't hear anything and the officials WILL have a look. I suspect we'll only see some actual action if the French Authorities start investigating. Things will get very tense at the Farmhouse and I suspect people will leave the scene of the crime.
I'm hoping that Clara will be able to pick up on what's going on.
Hopefully I'm not the only one making waves. I'm wondering if she'll dissolve the Association? It's a way to get the patreon funds into her own bank account.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Hopefully I'm not the only one making waves. I'm wondering if she'll dissolve the Association? It's a way to get the patreon funds into her own bank account.
I feel like you are - just my opinion. Why would she dissolve something that is working so well for her?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Have you ever priced getting furniture re-upholstered in leather... I did 7 years ago, for a sofa and love seat it was $7,500 +13% tax.. Almost as much as I'd paid for them years before... we still haven't had it done, can't imagine how much it is now...
Yes, you can honestly buy new furniture for the same $$$ as buying the yardage of fabric required and paying the labor of the upholsterer.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
She does have some land. If memory serves it’s about 70 acres or hectares. Can’t remember which. It could earn a small income with work. Managed parkland, fisheries and organic produce and eggs. But nooooo, Stephony only wants a party palace!
Not to mention wood/lumber...

hmmm.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel like you are - just my opinion. Why would she dissolve something that is working so well for her?
Well technically the association money has to be spent on actual restoration of the château. Not on travel, Phillipa etc.
If she dissolved the association then legally she could spend it on whatever she wants. Of course she wouldn't tell the patrons about the change so they'll just continue handing over money.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Yes, you can honestly buy new furniture for the same $$$ as buying the yardage of fabric required and paying the labor of the upholsterer.
It's not usually cost effective to recover sofas and chairs - hence the large number available in second hand shops.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I forgot comment earlier on Dans latest. I think he’s screwing with timelines. He started out at Lalalande drinking with Anne Marie, and acted like he woke up at his grandfathers with a hangover, and then went to work on the house.

More likely, he went to Lalalande, partied, and then went the next day to work on Annalise’s house. He wouldn’t drive an hour away to drink, drive an hour back, and then an hour back again the next day to his old house. He probably stayed at the shittoo.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.