The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats UvulaDonor - VIP ....... Plus ......... A very Happy Birthday too !!! 🍾 🍹

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And that is why Dan is doing it, he's NOT smart, no, not at all.
"You guys", whatever problems and concerns Dan has, I'm sure he'll resolve them by the simple virtue of putting his monumental ego to work for him. Just witness how far he's willing to go into conning his fans into believing in his dedication and hard work, in all weather's including snow, into looking after his family's home by building the extension all on his lonesome. Legend!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
download (1).jpeg

Congrats @UvulaDonor for your VIP status! Happy Birthday too!

download.jpeg

See your at the bar on Friday night, drinks on me.
And I'll bring the chips and dip, traditional kiwi recipe of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ugh! :sick: I just finished watching the stay-puff marshmallow man's pointless vlog!
To me, Dana will always be the living spitting image of Mother Gothel. 😱

Mother_Gothel.jpg
dana2.png

And Justin Trudeau will always be Eugene aka Flynn Rider
turdeau.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
His black eye is fading at least.. View attachment 1890931
Oh snap- how did I miss that?!? While I do not condone violence, things had to be very bad if Angelina was the delivery person of THAT punch. (Take note, Edd- be nicer to your wife. Anna is much stronger and scrappier than Angelina- you'll be vlogging with not one but TWO black eyes!)

I finally got round to watching Lunch at Dana's. I'll focus on the positives- this is probably the one time Andrew did not have to bring the meal to someone's house. While he was his usual non-charming self (annoying AF), Dana did a great job at shutting him down multiple times. I will give Dana props- she was exceptionally kind to the little girl (and made her feel included), and while Andrew never explained who the other guests were (I suspect it was Andrew's sister and his nieces), Dana certainly did her best to be a good hostess. The vibe was completely different than a Fanny Four Flues production- based on the lack of coats being worn in the kitchen and at dinner, Dana's home has heat! While her hair was a crazy mess (which is not unusual- girl, call up Annaliese and get a keratin treatment stat, and book one for Tess as well!), Dana's house seems more welcoming and fun. Dana even busted out her best bottle of wine for dinner- something Fanny would never do (as she saves the best bottles to drink in the wine closet with Potts and Larkin, like when the ceiling caved in from the pink bathroom that she blamed Ian for.) At the end of the day, even with the face scratching and hair, I'd rather have dinner at Dana's.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
"You guys", whatever problems and concerns Dan has, I'm sure he'll resolve them by the simple virtue of putting his monumental ego to work for him. Just witness how far he's willing to go into conning his fans into believing in his dedication and hard work, in all weather's including snow, into looking after his family's home by building the extension all on his lonesome. Legend!
Dan is not alone in the ego department.
I think some of the You tubers that we gossip about have massive, self inflated opinions of themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
His black eye is fading at least.. View attachment 1890931
Is he drinking....looks unwell. Hopefully not.

Happy Birthday 🎂 and CONGRATULATIONS to our newest VIP @UvulaDonor ! 🍸🍾🥂 In your specially curated swag bag, you'll find the following items: a blue tile with your likeness and Miller Lite coupons (from our sponsor @Jules100), an Hermes blanket (they are legit- exactly the same ones Andrew & Ricardo have- they were $13 on Alibaba!), a highly coveted T Rex candle (hand-crafted in a third world country using only the finest Bath & Body fragrances), a "vintage" jar of Fanny's home-made chutney, the very same pink trousers Fanny so selflessly donated in the Advent vlog, a can of starch and some linen napkins so you can live elegantly, a "wreat" made by FRK, and coupons for free tango lessons from Selmar (airfare and lodging not included.) These are skint times, Tartlets and Tartgents, so feel free to add something nice to the swag bag!
A delicious meal made by Dana and... a table layed by squirrel with vintage china and old napkins all unwashed straight from Emmaus

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
It’s a delivery service for meals. Or basically the ingredients you can combine with a step by step recipe card for a meal.
So if they send you … a falafel meal, you get all the necessary ingredients plus the recipe for falafel. All the ingredients are weighted or assembled to fit the amount for the receipt, so that you have no leftover.

It’s a subscription model. Meat, vegetarian, and vegan available.

View attachment 1890049
Got it.
Thanks @HalcyonOrganic
But therein is my problem. I never follow recipes and I must have left overs...
:LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I have linen napkins. I wash them in the washing machine, then lay them flat to air dry, no starch because hey it’s linen. Since Thanksgiving, I also have matching tablecloths. If anyone would blow their nose into my fancy, yet cool and casual linen napkins, I would throw them away, be really pissed and hold a grudge. I’m not touching other people’s gross stuff.
🤧

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
IMHO, their new kitchen is completely devoid of any personality/character. Simply just like any other kind of kitchen straight out of a present day magazine feature. Granted, fabulous carpentry skills supplied via Benoit. It took absolutely months to complete and cost a ridiculous fortune too. Will it stand the test of time and in 1/200 years time be considered an historical feature? :unsure: I personally, think NOT!
The kitchen, while beautiful, took no risks…except for the handmade tiles, which were a nice touch. To me it was all beige, beige, beige. I really expected the wallpaperer to show some real artistry, being a textile designer, and unleash her personal sense of design, maybe push some design boundaries. the lack of originality from someone who was a professional textile designer from a major French designer, Balmain, I believe, has been so underwhelming.

From what I have ever seen or witnessed, Marie Wiik has never been backward in coming forward in her opinion, likes, dislikes OR anything else.
Does anybody know what she "actually" did before arriving at the HMN, apart from being a waitress in Norway? Isn't she approx early 30's now?
Her family background is also rather vague too, obviously, her personal business but it does seem that no matter what went down, it has has some kind of impact on her mental health. Who really knows?
OK, not really my business or an area of concern for me personally. BUT, what exactly makes her think that "random" YT watchers will help her as from where I am sitting, whatever she attempts to achieve, always appears to end in failure of some kind or other. TBH, to me, she is just a nomadic YT/Insta wonderer without a "real" purpose or plan.
And, the apartment thing, is her just viewing NOT, actually deciding and securing a place. God help her future flatmates is all I will say here.
As to the ridiculous IKEA wish list - WTAF??? :rolleyes:
Granted, I am a firm believer in aim to achieve and if you fail, then that is a lesson learnt, BUT ultimately, you do have to learn from those experiences at the end of day!
words and phrases I hate:
influencer
monetize/monetization
hit the notification button
algorithm
sponsored video
patreon
cadeau at the chateau
todays video is sponsored by
buy me a coffee
gofundme
like and subscribe
comment (but don’t be a troll or have any kind of an opinion other than adoration)

I adore flowers, but Marie, stop begging for house supplies. It’s Cringe.
you already scammed a car and thousands of dollars in floral supplies including flowers, vases and tools, gifts, clothes, and jewelry from the chateau gift grab, free rent, free vacation stays, free trips, free clothes, and many perks we probably don’t even know about. Didn’t stephanie also give you money?

you know what those items are….Taxable Earnings. They are also known in business as expenses. Are you in business or just a self-appointed charity? Shameful.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Snot rag = tissue = Philip.
But then who's the toe rag...?

I use Irish linen every day, but paper napkins for guests. As a die hard snob who believes table manners are a must, I used to pride myself on presenting lovely meals in convivial settings for friends until... one evening, the plus one of a friend used her linen napkin to wipe off her bright red stay fast lipstick at table, blew her nose, then used the edge of the table cloth to finish the job. She was a nice enough person, but had the table manners of an imbecile. I appreciate etiquette in others but this woman makes Jewelyn look like a finishing school graduate. It took 4 washes, and 2 trips to the dry cleaners to get the napkin and table cloth clean, so now I don't bother.
Was she drunk? Seriously. Who does that?
At least she didn't lift up her leg and 🦵☄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I have linen napkins. I wash them in the washing machine, then lay them flat to air dry, no starch because hey it’s linen. Since Thanksgiving, I also have matching tablecloths. If anyone would blow their nose into my fancy, yet cool and casual linen napkins, I would throw them away, be really pissed and hold a grudge. I’m not touching other people’s gross stuff.
🤧
Agree.
It's bad enough washing handkerchieves.

• Haha
Happy Birthday 🎂 and CONGRATULATIONS to our newest VIP @UvulaDonor ! 🍸🍾🥂 In your specially curated swag bag, you'll find the following items: a blue tile with your likeness and Miller Lite coupons (from our sponsor @Jules100), an Hermes blanket (they are legit- exactly the same ones Andrew & Ricardo have- they were $13 on Alibaba!), a highly coveted T Rex candle (hand-crafted in a third world country using only the finest Bath & Body fragrances), a "vintage" jar of Fanny's home-made chutney, the very same pink trousers Fanny so selflessly donated in the Advent vlog, a can of starch and some linen napkins so you can live elegantly, a "wreat" made by FRK, and coupons for free tango lessons from Selmar (airfare and lodging not included.) These are skint times, Tartlets and Tartgents, so feel free to add something nice to the swag bag!
I’d like to add a few things to the swag bag
- a previously owned drone (one of the many broken by Dan, Billy and Ryan)
- a used sample jar of Little Green Paint
- your choice of any someone’s grandma‘s cherished porc-ceLAIN pottery that accidentally broke in shipping, but phiphi fixed with crazy glue
-a bottle of eau Narnia, which is reminiscent of owl pool, wood worm treatment, mild, dust and moth balls
-a free night in the Chambres des Oiseau and by that I mean a night in the Chateau barn covered in bird poo
- a dozen fresh peacock eggs
- a mouse in your likeness by Wendy
- a complimentary dinner of noodles with Brussels sprouts

Happy Birthday!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
🤧
Wasn’t that entertaining your sons future in-laws. How did you all get on and have they set a wedding date yet.

• Haha
Will Alice Allan's frustration lead to the eventual ruin of Stephanie Jarvis' farmdom?
Do you hear the people sing, singing the song of angry men?
Vive la revolution!

View attachment 1890175View attachment 1890209
Might have to rewatch Les Miserables film with Hugh Jackman again. Love to have a cry at the movies. :cry:

You have to rent a bin? That is theft! We can use any container, the garbage collection/garden waste etc collection is all part of our taxes... I have brown bags but only for overflow, I use a Rubbermaid garbage bin for garden waste... It's all such bullshit, but gotta play their game or your stuck figuring out how to get it to the dump... I refuse to buy black garbage bags that don't break down in landfill, so just put my garbage directly in the garbage bins.
I guess I am lucky. Our council supply green waste bin (collected monthly) recycling bin (collected fortnightly) and rubbish collected weekly. All included in our rates unless you want a second bin.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Add Marc from Going Solo in France to this list.
He doesn't stop.
I'm not surprised he's 'going solo' because I doubt anyone could put up with his negativity.

Plus he's got some kooky ideas.
He thinks smart meters are a potential means for 'the government' to control us.
Then he wonders why his subscriber numbers aren't rocketing.

One of his vlogging heroes is . . . drum roll . . . Dan the Man. :rolleyes:
He pissed me off ages ago...another plank.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.