The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think Kim really likes her? K seems down to earth and sensible so I wonder why she is such a faithful friend.
I wonder why anyone keeps hanging around with Stephanie? Once might be for a fun freak show experience at the chateau, but to keep coming back for more? Kim Raad, Tess Hoffman, Dana, Dan, Cheese Guy, Marie Larkin, Nic Larkin, Ruth, Camilla, everyone. Stephanie seems so selfish, immature and a bit slutty. Out of all the things I would call her, a good friend is not on the list. It’s not like Stephanie is walking around handing out fistfuls of money to everyone. Steph is cheap, lazy and can only pretend to love herself.
❤💩🏚

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
This thread title is still making me giggle - I think it's my all time favourite.

On a side note: I was driving back from walking the dogs at the dog park and listening to the news - I heard: 'A bottom vs top encounter' - and was bemused to find out it was regarding our big tennis tournament......................... tell me the news writer isn't gay and having a laugh, or very naive.
:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I am waiting for Steph to write a biography named "accident" where she reveals when and where she lost her virginity, how she didn't want Mummy to marry Percy, how many animals she killed and how Gerry punched her ince
Not to mention how much PhiPhi reminds her of her father and how she's pursuing "the media" for self-validation...or wait, maybe it's for privacy because it was so dangerous for her in the UK? 😀

Reactions: 14
I wonder why anyone keeps hanging around with Stephanie? Once might be for a fun freak show experience at the chateau, but to keep coming back for more? Kim Raad, Tess Hoffman, Dana, Dan, Cheese Guy, Marie Larkin, Nic Larkin, Ruth, Camilla, everyone. Stephanie seems so selfish, immature and a bit slutty. Out of all the things I would call her, a good friend is not on the list. It’s not like Stephanie is walking around handing out fistfuls of money to everyone. Steph is cheap, lazy and can only pretend to love herself.
❤💩🏚
I'm always wondering that too - what in world keeps them coming back for more. It's not the food - or the sumptuous surroundings.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Happy New Year All! :love:

I don't know about you all but 2022 knocked the stuffing and attention span out of me, covid, cancer, a court case a death in the family and medical issues have plagued me and my family.
I am not much far ahead of things in 2023 and not sure how much time I will have to be online , but I am curious what I have missed out on all these months ( so so so many threads o_O ).
The last time I kinda paid attention was Billy's sister and her BF working on an appartment, Lalande was still La la land & Michael was still promising content, Marie had not moved home yet but don't remember where she was living, Dan had moved into his grandfathers place.
Has anything improved? Have more of the La la Land cult woken up ? ( did patreon supporters that wanted financial answers get them? ).
Has anything happened ? LOL I've got a lot of thread to skim :coffee:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I wouldn’t be caught dead in one of Fanny’s videos! She is so mean spirited to portray her friends and family like that!

The only safe place to be in HMN is behind the pink camera.. and even then a ceiling may collapse on you!
Perhaps some enterprising young dog lover could be persuaded to…drop a chateau on her, say…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Well, my lovelies, I wrote a T Rex Take, and my MacBook Pro decided to die on me. (It's either an issue with the battery, the charger, or a dirty connector.) So instead of the novel, I'll just hit some recaps: Potts and the epiphany cake- YES! Fanny was really out of sorts he put multiple charms in it (she makes sure she gets the charm every year), and her flat remark of, "Everyone is a winner" did not go unnoticed. No, Fanny, the true winner was Potts! "Fanny Explains"- she opens the HelloFresh box (video's sponsor) and states she has been eating so much candy, biscuits and fried food and just needed to make a healthy meal. The risotto she made contained a brick of cream cheese and a TON of parmesan. IJ (who claims she does not drink) is once again shown drinking wine at lunch, cocktails at dinner (she did not like Snorts' bottled mojitos), and champers. Marina Kim (the Russian) is an old friend of Fanny's. The Tattler who observed the choice of champers was correct- it was 2 bottles of Dom Perignon. It was certainly a party of excess- with the world economy as it is, people suffering, and Fanny crying poor that she does not have enough $ to make the repairs, it was truly in poor taste. When dinner was finished, Fanny filmed the table of empty dishes- who cleaned up the mess, or did it actually stay on the table until the next day? No cleanup was to be seen- just a lot of drunken "adults" awkwardly dancing while a teenage girl sat on the sofa with her phone looking bored AF. My takes: Potts and Ruth were wise beyond their years to leave. Fanny did nothing other than to slather some cream cheese and fish on baguette slices as an appetizer offering and gather champers, while IJ heated up some mini mince pies from Tesco. This is Fanny's house- yet she treats her guests as if they are her hired help!
Check your charging port. I had to fish out a load of fluff from mine. A toothpick works great

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Or how about 'The last turkey in the shop!'. We still use the term "mutton dressed as lamb" in my neck of the woods. (NW England). Interesting that another Tattler said that posh people say pudding rather than dessert. At the other end of the scale, growing up we used to call it 'afters'.
I think mutton sometimes gets a very bad press, sneered at for trying to be what it isn't, when actually it's just as delicious as lamb (or hogget....just to complicate things!). The chatelaine certainly tries to be something and everything she isn't but, unlike mutton, there's very little to commend in the real thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The last time I kinda paid attention was Billy's sister and her BF working on an appartment, Lalande was still La la land & Michael was still promising content, Marie had not moved home yet but don't remember where she was living, Dan had moved into his grandfathers place.
Has anything improved? Have more of the La la Land cult woken up ? ( did patreon supporters that wanted financial answers get them? ).
Your post reminded me of a few things I wanted to comment on. All of these "YouTubers" are so fake. They will do anything just to throw a video up. And, I see this in many categories (sailing, DIY, homesteaders). Some of them buy a new house, some a new boat, and some a bigger piece of property. Some continuously renovate the same room over and over. Makes me realize I am just tired of it. And, I don't think Billy's sis and BF are actually planning on moving into the apt. Who knows what the heck is up with Dan. Ryan was Billy's full-time videographer now that has changed to whenever he feels like it. And on and on, rinse and repeat. Circle of youtube life.

The patreon LaLa cult is stronger than ever by the look of it. Even knowing she is NEVER going to show the books, lol!

Anyway, hope your 2023 is better than the last!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm always wondering that too - what in world keeps them coming back for more. It's not the food - or the sumptuous surroundings.
I had a relative whose partner and two best friends were narcissists. The Ns hated each other, btw. Ns and their supply smell each other out and have a fatal attraction for one another. Kim Raad, according to Clara, actually gave Jarvis pocket money, like a teenager's allowance, and kept her freezer full of food. This is delusion.
For those of you who wish to join me in awarding yourself an MD in psychiatry, I thought this little piece on how to make your child a narcissist rang some bells.
(Not to derail but I am reeling from details of how Harry and William were raised. What kind of father says to his son, I'm not your father, ha ha, thereby disowning the son and assassinating his dead mother again? I also think Harry's memoir will be read as the true story of what Charles, Diana and Camilla were like, and what they wrought, a thousand years from now, God willing and the creek don't rise. He is absolutely right to finger Camilla, who, according to Sally Bedell Smith, started leaking information about the Wales' marriage to Sun royals reporter Stuart Higgins 40 years ago, in 1982. Higgins corroborates. She spoke to Higgins once a week for 10 years. Then got Charles to hire Marc Bolland, on the advice of her divorce lawyer, where Harry picks up the tale. Harry says she was "bored" when she first met him, because he was the spare and could not effectively prevent her marriage and coronation, as William could.)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Good evening 🍸 ;) On the subject of insisting to always stay friends with ex's... it is a sign of a narcissist.
"To insist on staying friends allows a person to not acknowledge the painful ending of the relationship for themselves. A person with a more narcissistic psychology is not required to acknowledge their grief, which indicates love, need, and missing of another.
Further, if their ex-partner refuses to be friends, then a person who tends to have a more narcissistic pathology, will often dismiss that person as 'crazy' instead of being able to put themselves into their ex-partners shoes (empathy) to hold in mind that breakups and the loss of a partner is immensely painful and that the other person needs space to grieve, heal, and move on.
If they did, they would have to tap into their own feelings of loss… which indicates a need for a person.
Furthermore, to never say goodbye means that they will never have to experience that loss and will always feel they still have that person's positive affections (i.e. narcissistic supply)."
I read this in the women's gossip forum today. Two other signs of being one of these narcs, never being able to apologise properly or say thank you properly. Rather heaping praise on people, but unable to be vulnerable and genuinely say just "Thank you" or "I'm sorry".
Interesting... I would say I am definitely on speaking terms with my ex wife, I will talk to her when we happen to be in the same place, but I would not consider her a FRIEND. Besides, to me it is hard to just be friends with ladies unless they are not attractive to me, far too old, far too young, or a close friend of my current wife. I am not a narc myself, but a bit of a show off I can be, and a bit of a Jack the Lad I've always been. Selfish, ambitious, and at times ruthless. But not a narc. I do know of several though, so I have enjoyed learning about it on this site of 15 haters and 3 trolls. Sleep well.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
What’s fannys secret to getting her guests to provide and cook the meals??? I didn’t know who that couple was I had never seen them before but here they were in the kitchen like catering staff. Who does that!!!
i have always assumed that if the guests are put to work they either pay much less or nothing at all to stay there?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Check your charging port. I had to fish out a load of fluff from mine. A toothpick works great
Thanks! I suspect that is probably the case! I'll faff with it tomorrow!

I don't think Fanny has "real" friends- they are more "social acquaintances". Even when her alleged "friends" come to visit, their interaction is so awkward and weird. (Although I will give Dana props- she strikes me as one who tries with Fanny, and probably has her own circle of real friends.) I can't imagine how sad my life would be without my big group of friends- they are like family. Like most of you, I drop everything when they need me (they do the same). Not only do we genuinely care about one another and stay in touch regularly, even though we are scattered throughout the globe, when we are together, it's as if we were only apart for 5 minutes. (The majority of my friends are females- they are sisters to me.) Friendship is give and take- unfortunately, all Fanny knows how to do is take, and that is why she has no true friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I had a relative whose partner and two best friends were narcissists. The Ns hated each other, btw. Ns and their supply smell each other out and have a fatal attraction for one another. Kim Raad, according to Clara, actually gave Jarvis pocket money, like a teenager's allowance, and kept her freezer full of food. This is delusion.
For those of you who wish to join me in awarding yourself an MD in psychiatry, I thought this little piece on how to make your child a narcissist rang some bells.
(Not to derail but I am reeling from details of how Harry and William were raised. What kind of father says to his son, I'm not your father, ha ha, thereby disowning the son and assassinating his dead mother again? I also think Harry's memoir will be read as the true story of what Charles, Diana and Camilla were like, and what they wrought, a thousand years from now, God willing and the creek don't rise. He is absolutely right to finger Camilla, who, according to Sally Bedell Smith, started leaking information about the Wales' marriage to Sun royals reporter Stuart Higgins 40 years ago, in 1982. Higgins corroborates. She spoke to Higgins once a week for 10 years. Then got Charles to hire Marc Bolland, on the advice of her divorce lawyer, where Harry picks up the tale. Harry says she was "bored" when she first met him, because he was the spare and could not effectively prevent her marriage and coronation, as William could.)
Thank you @billybudd.
Having had a mother who was a paranoid narcissist and also a narcissistic 'golden child' sister, I am always interested in finding out more information about how they, and people like them, tick.

And I think Harry's memoir will make interesting reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
A review from Tripadvisor from 2018. How times change Fanny cooked back then and greeted guests. I do wonder how busy she ever was with B n B as there is only a total of 19 reviews.
View attachment 1859378
Empireboy wrote a review Sept 2018
Barnstaple, United Kingdom167 contributions12 helpful votes
View attachment 1859379
View attachment 1859380
+1
View attachment 1859381

A beautiful partially restored Château
The owner, Stephanie, was on hand to meet us and couldn’t have been more welcoming. She has owned the Château for 13 years and the rooms that she has already restored are exquisite. The whole building is obviously going to be a lifetimes work!

The breakfast was wonderful in the most beautiful room. For one of our three nights she produced a fantastic supper in yet another restored room.

The building is has a unique charm - we loved it!
Read less
Date of stay: September 2018Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Unique charm = shabby chic

Bonfire night - November 5, 2023! I'll bring the marshmallows!
If Snorty is present then we already have a giant wiener to roast.

Happy New Year All! :love:

I don't know about you all but 2022 knocked the stuffing and attention span out of me, covid, cancer, a court case a death in the family and medical issues have plagued me and my family.
I am not much far ahead of things in 2023 and not sure how much time I will have to be online , but I am curious what I have missed out on all these months ( so so so many threads o_O ).
It's a New Year, but it's still the same old Fanny, same ole rundown HMN and same sad ensemble of hanger-ons!
Here's wishing you and all 15 Tattlers a happy, healthy and prosperous 2023!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thank you @billybudd.
Having had a mother who was a paranoid narcissist and also a narcissistic 'golden child' sister, I am always interested in finding out more information about how they, and people like them, tick.

And I think Harry's memoir will make interesting reading.
i am not going to comment much on Harry his book..but..i do find it very odd...he said he lost his virginity the way he did..behind a bar?? oh my..i can tell you one thing..when i was young there wasnt even a chance for me to loose my virginity in that way....i was watched all the time..by a lott of people...i know it was the same for Harry..a very odd story.. 🙄 Even when i was 25 , i had a group of friends who kept a keen eye on me..when i went to the toilet, a friend went along..i never had the opportunity to piss next to the pot..and i didnt have bodyguards like Harry..very strange story..

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.