Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Do Tattlers really think Phiphi is that cold and calculated or is he acting off instinct?
I wonder if he's deliberately making down the princess so no one else wants her - you know like a 'Feeder' makes someone eat and eat and eat so they can't get out of bed and escape into someone else's arms.
Although - to be fair, I'm starting to fancy having my own Feeder/Making-Downer - does that make me like Fanny?
OMG am I a Narc???
:oops:
No, you just need/want a maid. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Yikes! I never watched Chateau DIY show, so I have no idea who these people are... but that poor chateau has been outright vandalized by their "restorations"... It's hideous!

I wanted to say the best thing about the rooms are the Persian rugs.. but upon zooming in, at least the blue ones are fake Persian rugs, the pink ones are also sus... go figure 😂

View attachment 1836011

View attachment 1836012

View attachment 1836013

View attachment 1836014

View attachment 1836015
Is this UK C4 episodes? If so, I don't recognise any of those rooms being featured from any Chateau that I know. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
Just in case any of you Baby Boomers have been naughty lately. 🤣

A single injection of long-acting Benzathine penicillin G can cure the early stages of syphilis. This includes primary, secondary, or early latent syphilis. CDC recommends three doses of long-acting Benzathine penicillin G at weekly intervals for late latent syphilis or latent syphilis of unknown duration.
Peanut butter shot 😬

• Wow

Imperious Me

VIP Member
Ohhh, so, at least according to Italian law, she had no rights at all on his property, will or not will. But, even if that was not the case, I find very awkward that things went the way they went. She was not his legal wife, how could she get everything and then leave it to her family?
But don't forget, he sold his flat and they lived in a rented senior apartment... So he owned nothing, the money was all in a joint account.. how do you begin to separate it all? Too late now anyways, but she made out like a bandit...

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad

Imperious Me

VIP Member
That's who I was thinking of, yes. I've never been keen on their sense of style (I didn't see the relevance of a Queen Victoria theme in a French château) but they've worked hard.
I thought they were the strangest combination, would love to know how they got together...

Madame No

VIP Member
I heard the treatment for syphilis can be very unpleasant 😱
Just in case any of you Baby Boomers have been naughty lately. 🤣

A single injection of long-acting Benzathine penicillin G can cure the early stages of syphilis. This includes primary, secondary, or early latent syphilis. CDC recommends three doses of long-acting Benzathine penicillin G at weekly intervals for late latent syphilis or latent syphilis of unknown duration.

• Wow
  • Sick

On Repeat

VIP Member
Very curious as to why they’re selling up. Probably just not making enough money.
When I was more stupid than today I saw this couple on one of those DIY Strawbridge shows. They both had big corporate jobs and I think I remember worked as expats- maybe Hong Kong was mentioned? They worked hard but needed a decorator for some help.

• Heart

crabandoyster

I can't believe I am partially agreeing with Phiphi - we lived in Holland when I was a kid and my sisters and I went to a local primary school. Everyone had to go home for lunches and we were often invited to other kids' houses for lunch, so I got to experience what they were eating.
It was very stodgy and heavy on the carbs and sugars.
It's not like I didn't like it - my favourite Dutch food was poffertches and fries with pindersaus - but wasn't that keen on the cake sandwiches.
I'm certain that the adult palate includes more spices and herbs but they would be introduced from other countries and more readily available in the big smoke, not standard suburbia in the 70s.
I lived in Berkenwoude from 1988 to 1992. I couldn’t wait to escape. I put on 4 stone putting up with boring housfrau life. The food and the people were full.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
Okay so this was a little weird coincidence. This just randomly showed up in my Insta feed. But look who liked it? PhiPhi. What the hell is he doing liking the private fashion show scene in a 1962 movie with Doris Day? Yeah. Sure he’s straight.
The best part about the Doris Day show was the annual vanity fashion show the writers had to shoehorn into the script for her. So hilariously awful! Do yourselves a favor and watch them all! Here are a couple:

Last edited:
  • Haha

Yebo

VIP Member
What an absolute fiddle.
I wonder if they realised what they were letting themselves in for when they started.
But kudos to them, they actually finished the blessed thing and it was rather cute.

They mentioned a few times how they are both people who once they start a task, they are compelled to complete it.
So unlike Stephanie.

Cami tells Ollie not to drag the trestle legs across the tiled floor.
Cami noisily drags her chair in under the trestle to sit down.
Ollie immediately swings his head round and looks at the floor . . . and says nothing.
He jokingly referred to Cami as Her Majesty at one point.
We know who's the boss of the house, and it's not Ollie.

Grandma Jenny is a good old stick.
She and Ollie have a companionable relationship.
And I think in her time, she would have been 'boss of the house'.
I actually enjoyed the video. I would never have the patience to finish something like that... it would have been thrown through the window after an hour or two but they finished it so kudos to them.

• Haha
  • Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
I would be impressed if I stayed at a friend’s house and they had custom monogrammed bathrobes for me and my husband.
Mmmmm, I think not. On the same principle Camilla Parker Bowles should neither have accepted nor worn the Saudis' emerald, ruby, and sapphire necklaces. It's too intimate a gift, which in Camilla's case says, I'm your bitch, bags of cash in exchange for citizenship and honors welcome.

• Heart

Madame No

VIP Member
I’m very lucky in that I’m in one of the few industries that still offer outstanding insurance coverage as part of my contract. I work in supply chain logistics. I’m told that only CEO’s of major companies have better plans than we do. Our dental covers everything (preventative, reconstructive, replacements and orthodontic) up to 80% per year with no annual or lifetime cap. It’s an incredibly rare coverage. Only our vision insurance is subpar but it’s pretty much the same for most vision coverages. My medical plan covers 100% of everything including mental health for just the copay. Again, incredibly rare and I am very grateful to have it. I suppose I ought to admit that I’m a terrible patient who loathes taking meds but I have an outstanding doctor who knows how to get me to follow her orders.😆
Wow! I didn't even know this kind of insurance existed. You are incredibly fortunate, I hope you take advantage of it. I thought I had great coverage when I was a public school teacher, but it pales in comparison to what you have. Will you have this when you retire? I couldn't quite figure that out from your post. I can't even imagine what the premiums must be per month.

TorontoGWM

VIP Member
And look at Natti's pose! She is as fake as her mistress and is getting a salary just for opening parcels.We know she is inefficient, doesn't answer emails, and doesn't care a jot about running the B & B efficiently as they don't supply the guests with the basic information they request. Fanny has two salaried employees, N and PJ, who are paid to do virtually nothing and are harming her business. However, Fanny doesn't care as they both fawn over her and know too much about her to be sacked. I can imagine that Natti and Cuz are pretty critical behind Fanny's back though!

If Selmar watched the Christmas vlogs, I should think he'd feel pleased to be out of it. Tatiana would not have felt comfortable in that setting. I know she's rather odd and a lost soul but at least she's not trashy like the rest of the women there!
Selma’s girlfriend is an odd duck and it must infuriate her to think about all those months the Chatelaine was rocking the camper with him at the beginning of the Pandemic. Perhaps Mummsie also enjoyed some time in the camper? Maybe even Fill-Up? The Weed Arranger, too?

• Wow