The Chateau Diaries #203 I'm dreaming of a Emmaüs Christmas...🎶

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You've got my attention. Do tell. I somehow doubt if it's as bad as some of the more derogatory names I've seen written on alleyway walls in third world anti-American countries.
Strange but true - Yank = tank = septic = seppo. In traditional Australian rhyming slang the derogatory nickname for any American, North or South, is a 'septic' or 'seppo.' It's only 'seppo' if we're just joking about but it always comes with an accompanying eye roll. 🙂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Strange but true - Yank = tank = septic = seppo. In Australian rhyming slang the derogatory nickname for any American, North or South, is a 'septic' or 'seppo.' It's only 'seppo' if we're just joking about but it always comes with an accompanying eye roll. 🙂
I was expecting something much worse! Whew! Being stinky is not the worst name I've been called. 🤣 👃🏼 One thing about rhymes, once you learn them, you never forget them! From what I've heard, Aussies are a good sort, always up for a bit of fun. I'm sure they can take what they dish out. I can't think of any derogatory names Americans have for Aussies. Probably because it's so far away. I'm sure the majority of Americans wouldn't even be able to identify Australia on the map or they get it mixed up with Austria! Sad but true. Geography here has gone the way of cursive, non existent.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Loved the Hillbillies, Nodic could play the unfortunate result of Ellie May and Jethro's 'close ' friendship.
You're right, I should never have had them and Fanny in the same sentence. I loved the goofy but good Clampetts. They were very kind and generous. Never wasted a penny on silly or unnecessary items. They wore the same clothes everyday for years. Never bought a new car. Never went on expensive vacations. They did, however, splurge on the big house, but they never forgot where they came from. Ma was a tough old bird but took care of her brood. They could see through a con in a moment's flash and outsmarted them too. Gosh, I never realized how much of a fan I was! Long live the memory of the Clampetts and may they be an inspiration to all of us. Hip, hip hooray! 🤣
once F4F gets the pool table back they can eat dinner on it for fancy and use the pot passers to impress their guests

• Haha
„Flip’s parents don’t want to be filmed…“

isn’t that usually a code when something shouldn’t be revealed, or that the timeline is being manipulated again?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Our Tattle Christmas wish came true - no more Advent vlogs from the “castle”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Our Tattle Christmas wish came true - no more Advent vlogs from the “castle”.
What? No family and friends in their PJs drinking hot chocolate? No Fanny playing Santa and passing out the giant burlap bags? Well, Christmas really has gone to down the tubes at the castle this year. 😢 Maybe they can all parade up to her boudoir for one final effort at being joyful. 🛏

Attachments

• Haha
SJ tells Snorty it’s not Christmas until the real tree gets put up. So although he has been faffing about for a month. . .SJ wants Pott’s tree!
There are 32 people in the house and no one keeps the fire going? Then a 800 year old man fixes that while a 26 year old kaboom messes with candy canes and tinsel?
We witnessed Snorty trimming the tree why not his neck beard? Who’s cleaning up all the needles in the castle?
Ruth’s face shows she is not like these dirty birds she needs hot showers and bread that hasn’t touched car seats.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Off topic. I want this hat! Santa come back around, I'm being really good today. 🤞 🎅
Now that is elegant!
Simple is beautiful, refined, and elegant.

rf1.png

Unlike her ladyship at the crumbling castle who dresses flamboyantly like a clown (as social climbers often do).

cd694.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm really hung up on this Ukrainian thing today. I don't understand why Pavlina is not with her family. I don't understand why she isn't doing anything for her homeland. Honestly, if I was a healthy young Ukrainian, I'd probably be fighting. And if I wasn't fighting, I'd be of service to those in need. I just don't get her. Unless she has a really good reason for not being in Ukraine, I think she's selfish and/or cowardly. If and when she goes back, she may have to answer for herself. Unfortunately, her past is all on YT so her defense will be very weak. I hope I'm wrong about her, but nothing says otherwise at this point in time.
Fighting in this case would also mean killing. I would not want to do that. And it shouldn't take a war to decide to be in service to people in need. Some people choose careers where they can help people some not. Can't blame them. Home is where you and your family is save and free. Not a particular place. Maybe she has no family. Maybe her family is dead because someone chose to fight. She doesn't need any defense and she doesn't need to prove anything as long she didn't hurt anybody or any law which I don't believe she did. This from someone who experienced war in Jugoslavija which took way too long and too much of sacrifice from mostly women and children ( and animals by the way who nobody talks about) because people chose fighting for the wrong reasons.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Sadly, the Lesbians of Vidal Sassoon worship the Floor Scrubber and will most likely get caught up in the same grifting schemes given time. I suspect they have more money and sense than the Chatelaine and hope they will think twice about copying her. Mom and Dad’s involvement might just save them!
Why do you call them lesbians? Is it of any interest what sex their partner has?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Is it me or is something iffy about that photo. I see three different lighting conditions in the background, the size difference of the people looks weird and finally Amaury's left arm and hand size in comparison to the left of him? WTF has he been doing to that arm?
It looks to me like they took a photo of a photo and caused a key-stoning effect.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ok... I'm gonna have to eat my words... the Fleurie's dining room color turned out to be the same terracotta one I liked!
They just need some art/sconces on the walls to break the monochrome, and a much better chandelier... But I like the room a lot!

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 11.49.08.png

I also recommend to both Stiffy Jarvis and PhiPhi Janssen to go eat their hearts out!
This is what simple and elegant looks like! Both in the table settings and decorations.
Bad business decisions and smugness aside, I really like their taste in how they are fixing the chateau.. 🤷‍♀️

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 11.51.05.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 11.51.19.png

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Anyone else think it's odd for Phyllis to gift Fanny dishes for her Christmas present? Did she want those? I think he bought them for himself! Also, it's not a very personal gift and she certainly doesn't need more dishes! I actually like the pattern because they are pretty simple but with an interesting relief. He's pretty clueless when it comes to gift giving I've noticed. Of course, I've only seen what is shown on the vlogs. Did he give her a pair of earrings last year? She hasn't worn them very much. I think they were large and looked heavy. She looks better in smaller earrings. I wonder if Phyllis is getting any new beanies this year from Santa? I haven't seen him wear any holiday themed ones. Maybe he thinks it makes him look silly! Unlike the crop top and perched hedgehog on his shoulder. 🦔 🎽
He doesn't need beanies to look silly.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Why do you call them lesbians? Is it of any interest what sex their partner has?
They’re lesbians and that’s part of what makes their vlog good to watch particularly if the viewer is 2SLGBTQ+. Uncomfortable with me calling them lesbians… get comfortable. I’m not stopping.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.