The Chateau Diaries #202 The Fleuries next Christmas grift candle may smell of greed, sweat & regret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Jeeves, my back hurts just thinking about it!
I wonder if Andrew won a lottery or something. He doesn't appear to have a job. Maybe he's from another family who ran homes for the elderly and he inherited that way. He gives the impression of being nouveau riche, rather than coming from old money. He wants everyone to know he's loaded!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I wonder if Andrew won a lottery or something. He doesn't appear to have a job. Maybe he's from another family who ran homes for the elderly and he inherited that way. He gives the impression of being nouveau riche, rather than coming from old money. He wants everyone to know he's loaded!
Splatter cash-his new nickname

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What is that saying, “money talks, wealth whispers.”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
If I were Isabelle I'd change the locks on the apartment and make sure that Phillipa did not have a access. That would infuriate it intensely 😁👍
Nothing to change because there are no locks. Stephanie Jarvis thinks she's entitled to access everything in her CHMN, no questions asked.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Here's my working theory: Isabelle Jarvis' biggest fear is that her daughter's reckless and irresponsible behavior will eventually not just bring her downfall, but will drag her along with it and expose her granny farm crimes of the past. Isabelle Jarvis is only worried about Isabelle Jarvis.
Isabel's over the top adoration and fawning over Philip suggest to me his father has found a tax loophole to save the grifter's dynasty!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Seemed like lots of people missing from dinner, Mummy and Percy, Amorie, Phi phis parents.... Unless this dinner timeline is skewed... And doesn't Stuart have dogs??? But she brought her cat??? This weekend will be interesting. And if Snorts ever laid a hand on my personal stuff. He would loose it. I think the Mummy has done lost her mind or lost interest, this may well be the last time they visit. And how are they heating that huge room? Did I miss that?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We never did see what was in Isabelle's very late Christmas gift, from Stephanie Jarvis and Michael Petherick.

Screenshot (54).png

oh-dear-catherine-ohara.gif

@3:31

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Isabel's over the top adoration and fawning over Philip suggest to me his father has found a tax loophole to save the grifter's dynasty!
He can find as many loopholes as he likes, the fact of the matter is that they monkeyed around with the members and the association. If someone complains it could still close the whole thing down. The legal procedures of the association have to be followed, you can't just effectively disenfranchise the members at will. If I had been affected I'd have raised a huge stink over the whole affair. Let's see what happens.
In any case, doesn't he work for a pension company? Not an accountancy firm.

Reactions: 20
Memo #110
To: Current Residents
From: Staph Jarvis (prepared on my behalf by my son Caroline, I mean PhiPhi)
RE: Holiday Sing A Long - Courtyard
Herewith with are the lyrics for our song this afternoon. Since I just got a blue coat, I’d like to insist that you pull from your wardrobes something blue as well. Thank you in advance. I will stand in the center surrounded by all. You’ll note we’re only singing the first few stanzas as that is all we have time for in the upcoming vlog. 3 p.m. - please be prompt.

O come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant
O come ye, o come ye to Lie, Lie, LaLande
O come and behold ME, born the Queen of Castles grifters (or chateaus, you pick)
O come you may must adore ME
at my farmhouse Lie Lie La Lande
O sing choir of houseguests
Sing in exhultation
O do you love me, I know you do
Love this
Made just some improvements (?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
What is that saying, “money talks, wealth whispers.” Here are some of my experiences with this concept:

When I was in college, I worked a couple of summers at an exclusive country club to earn money for the upcoming school year ( like about 55+ hours a week , I ended up pretty much living there during those summers, filling in to work in several positions across the property). Being around and observing so many monied families in an insular setting was eye opening.

Warning: these are broad generalizations and there are certainly exceptions to what I am writing her so please do not take offense.

I noticed that in general, the people from families with generations of wealth were comfortable with themselves, didn’t follow the trends, drove older cars, and were low key (there are always exceptions to this, of course… there were some old money people that were obnoxious jerks, and flaunted themselves). If you met any of these people in the local community they wouldn’t stand out or expect any special treatment.

In the new money crew, in general, there were several wives that routinely and conspicuously wore lots of flashy jewelry, new trendy expensive clothing, drove the latest highest end Range Rover, had to loudly discuss their upcoming vacations at the trendiest new in locations, the latest trainer, show off their latest luxury watch, etc. ( there were people with the new money that were fine and low key) .Some of the new money husbands would loudly brag about their latest expensive golf clubs and were always maneuvering to get into a golfing foursome with an influential club member.

They would hold weekly luncheons after tennis matches ( ironically with several of them wearing diamond tennis bracelets and Cartier bracelets stacked on their arms)and would gift each other $200 picture frames, expensive candles, spa gift certificates, etc. while many of them would be eying each other to figure out who had the latest cosmetic procedure or gossiping about who was sleeping with whom and who as rumored to getting a divorce, etc. It was a superficial cut throat environment with these ladies.

I learned a lot about the functional and dysfunctional dynamics of money and how it can affect people during those couple of summers.

When I got out of graduate school, I worked for several years for a man who had become very successful and was easily in the top 1% of earners in the state. He was an absolute cheap jerk to anyone who was not in his coveted monied social circle in which he desperately wanted to be a major player. Over the last 30+ years, he made it and is now considered an old school elite member of this group of people who attend the latest charity balls, vacation at the priciest in “dude ranch”, etc.

I observed him and his wife clawing their way up the social ladder for decades. They were worried about winning the “prettiest table” award at events, he resentfully overpaid for crappy auction items to show their “status” and to obtain invitations to certain social events, disingenuously kissed the ass of every person they thought could help them achieve their social goals only to swiftly dump them if they divorced or encountered financial hard times, and added a special wing to their house to host soirees.They were incredibly worried about outer appearances ( e.g., he leased a jaguar for their maid to drive his kids to and from their local private school) etc.

He would only help someone or make donations to charities if he got a plaque or a mention in the society page ( while behind the scenes he was scrimping on paying employees and complaining about price of writing pens going up by .50 cents). He framed and displayed photos of himself with any and every celebrity/high level society person, governor/ United States president. Incredibly shallow existence.

Once after I had earned him over $600,000 profit on a particular business situation that he thought he was going to lose his shirt on, he magnanimously told me that he was going to give me a $5,000 bonus for all my “hard work.” As he was writing out the check for his “grand gesture,” he commented that he didn’t know how he was going to be able to afford to give me the check for $5,000 (implying it was such a great burden), I noticed the next check he had waiting to be signed was for $10,000 made payable to his wife so she could purchase a new $10,000 gown for the latest disease ball gala that they were attending.

It took another couple of years, but I was so glad to quit that job. True to form, he pretty much screwed me on many career prospects thru his prominence in the the good ole boy network, and he made it to the top of the professional field, surrounded by transactional, superficial, money hungry, and self congratulatory wanna bes. I knew who he really was and he hated that. In the end, it was a big lesson I learned about money and how the love of money can really affect every part of how some people operate and you have to decide if you want to be on that ride. I did not.

As I assume is likely with most of the Tattlers in this forum, F4F ‘s grifting and posturing brings up so many issues concerning money and the love of money that we see in people we know and society in general.

Okay, rant over. Sorry to take up so much space with this rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
oh come on Grift Wood, give the kid a break. It must be so tedious having to disguise the fact that you're bald every day. Maybe he ran out of black boot polish?
Poor Squirrel is probably freezing cold! Everyone looks like they’re cold. I can’t imagine living in a place where you have to wear coats, hats, and scarves indoors to keep warm. It must be miserable. It’s comically ridiculous (and tragically pathetic) …surrounded by all their materialistic baubles, finery, and possessions while shivering from the cold. You can imagine them shaking underneath! The only thing that would be even better is if Stephanie forced everyone to remove their warm winter coats, hats, and gloves for the camera to fake that the farmhouse is warmer than it is in reality! Can you imagine the looks? 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Didn't he say that he grew up in a care home like SJ or am I hallucinating ?
Was some time ago when he was at Lieland looking for a house to buy, I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have Arab friends, and those gifts are hands down some of the most exclusive treats of pure AAA grade goodness on the planet! Incredibly generous chauffeured to give you the fresh timely delivery... Sultana does not mess around!
This gives credit to Clara's idea that Strep herself bought them. Exclusive and expensive treats -right up her street - not to mention in the note they said about travel to Saudi next year.. Strep's getaway break up trip maybe?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What is that saying, “money talks, wealth whispers.” Here are some of my experiences with this concept:

When I was in college, I worked a couple of summers at an exclusive country club to earn money for the upcoming school year ( like about 55+ hours a week , I ended up pretty much living there during those summers, filling in to work in several positions across the property). Being around and observing so many monied families in an insular setting was eye opening.

Warning: these are broad generalizations and there are certainly exceptions to what I am writing her so please do not take offense.

I noticed that in general, the people from families with generations of wealth were comfortable with themselves, didn’t follow the trends, drove older cars, and were low key (there are always exceptions to this, of course… there were some old money people that were obnoxious jerks, and flaunted themselves). If you met any of these people in the local community they wouldn’t stand out or expect any special treatment.

In the new money crew, in general, there were several wives that routinely and conspicuously wore lots of flashy jewelry, new trendy expensive clothing, drove the latest highest end Range Rover, had to loudly discuss their upcoming vacations at the trendiest new in locations, the latest trainer, show off their latest luxury watch, etc. ( there were people with the new money that were fine and low key) .Some of the new money husbands would loudly brag about their latest expensive golf clubs and were always maneuvering to get into a golfing foursome with an influential club member.

They would hold weekly luncheons after tennis matches ( ironically with several of them wearing diamond tennis bracelets and Cartier bracelets stacked on their arms)and would gift each other $200 picture frames, expensive candles, spa gift certificates, etc. while many of them would be eying each other to figure out who had the latest cosmetic procedure or gossiping about who was sleeping with whom and who as rumored to getting a divorce, etc. It was a superficial cut throat environment with these ladies.

I learned a lot about the functional and dysfunctional dynamics of money and how it can affect people during those couple of summers.

When I got out of graduate school, I worked for several years for a man who had become very successful and was easily in the top 1% of earners in the state. He was an absolute cheap jerk to anyone who was not in his coveted monied social circle in which he desperately wanted to be a major player. Over the last 30+ years, he made it and is now considered an old school elite member of this group of people who attend the latest charity balls, vacation at the priciest in “dude ranch”, etc.

I observed him and his wife clawing their way up the social ladder for decades. They were worried about winning the “prettiest table” award at events, he resentfully overpaid for crappy auction items to show their “status” and to obtain invitations to certain social events, disingenuously kissed the ass of every person they thought could help them achieve their social goals only to swiftly dump them if they divorced or encountered financial hard times, and added a special wing to their house to host soirees.They were incredibly worried about outer appearances ( e.g., he leased a jaguar for their maid to drive his kids to and from their local private school) etc.

He would only help someone or make donations to charities if he got a plaque or a mention in the society page ( while behind the scenes he was scrimping on paying employees and complaining about price of writing pens going up by .50 cents). He framed and displayed photos of himself with any and every celebrity/high level society person, governor/ United States president. Incredibly shallow existence.

Once after I had earned him over $600,000 profit on a particular business situation that he thought he was going to lose his shirt on, he magnanimously told me that he was going to give me a $5,000 bonus for all my “hard work.” As he was writing out the check for his “grand gesture,” he commented that he didn’t know how he was going to be able to afford to give me the check for $5,000 (implying it was such a great burden), I noticed the next check he had waiting to be signed was for $10,000 made payable to his wife so she could purchase a new $10,000 gown for the latest disease ball gala that they were attending.

It took another couple of years, but I was so glad to quit that job. True to form, he pretty much screwed me on many career prospects thru his prominence in the the good ole boy network, and he made it to the top of the professional field, surrounded by transactional, superficial, money hungry, and self congratulatory wanna bes. I knew who he really was and he hated that. In the end, it was a big lesson I learned about money and how the love of money can really affect every part of how some people operate and you have to decide if you want to be on that ride. I did not.

As I assume is likely with most of the Tattlers in this forum, F4F ‘s grifting and posturing brings up so many issues concerning money and the love of money that we see in people we know and society in general.

Okay, rant over. Sorry to take up so much space with this rant.
When I was first dating my XH, he introduced me to his "best" friend. I disliked him immediately as he was so far up himself, with no good reason for being so, imho.
He had a finger in absolutely every pie just to bolster his business, pure N was my initial evaluation of him, and in those days, N was not even in the dictionary! He joined many golf clubs, was a Mason and eventually became a Justice of the Peace too - not because he had any thoughts of doing good within the community, he simply 100% loved the power behind the role and being able to dole out punishment. Actually, I imagine that his business, or otherwise, dealings were far more illegal than anybody who came up before him. 🤮
He was up to eyes in debt too just to appear and, make others think that he was such a success - NOT, as it ultimately transpired.
When his wife suffered from PND after their first child was born, it made me so angry listening to him "nastily" complaining about her behind her back AND, to this day, I am reliably informed, that child and him have an awful relationship. He should never have been a father but, of course, 2.4 children was part of his plan to appear "normal" rather than the out and out N user of others that he was/is!
Luckily, I haven't had to be in his company or around his toxicity for years because I absolutely hate "fake" people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry but I think the coat looks huge and ugly on the Floor Scrubber. Just more of Crap Unwrapped. At Emmaus it would sell for a fiver. The Sewer would make it into some pillows.
I agree! I don't like the color at all nor the silhouette, it's very dated looking. I also don't like open coats. For me, the function of a coat is to stay warm, therefore it needs to close. I guess you could use a belt, but then when you take the coat off, what do you do with the belt?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What is this guy's profession? Porsche, cottage in France, 2 pugs, a designer bag for the dogs stuff. 2500 jamon!
You forgot to mention his catalog husband. ;) ✌

Where is Armoire?

cd650.png

Nati's younger sister and nieces look nothing like her.
cd651.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Just been catching up on this week's episodes of Chateau DIY at Christmas. Still to watch today's and I think a new couple will be featured.
Simply so refreshing as all the chateaux owners appear to work extremely hard in creating their projects, themselves, and sharing the results within their communities. Plus, I imagine, paying for any necessary assistance too, not just using volunteers.
BUT, it must be really strange celebrating Christmas a couple of months in advance, don't you think? :ROFLMAO:
Although, I am still not convinced that they earn zilch from having the C4 production company/ies filming at their chateaux - just why would you do that? C4 are no doubt making huge profits.
I do accept that it's exposure for their businesses, but, really is that the absolute truth?
I imagine all of them have business websites BUT, I haven't seen any of them featured on YT, yet! Apart from, to date, Stephanie Jarvis, Hopefully, those here in the current day online marketing business environment will enlightened me please. TIA :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.