The Chateau Diaries #199 We 3 queens of La-la-lande are, There would be a 4th but he can't drive a car.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2 of my BFF life-long friends, i.e. over 5.5 decades each, had their thyroids removed in their early 20s (leaves a scar right across your throat). Am not even sure whether that procedure is carried out these days with the advances in medicine/surgery? IDK!
Both have been on daily medication ever since which needs periodical monitoring by a medical professional.
The only aspect that either seem to be affected by, is the occasional dip and/or manic behaviour in their energy levels, i.e. up/down, hence when there may be the need to slightly adjust their dosage.
Perhaps, possibly, because Marie Wilks doesn't stay in one place long enough in order to register with a doctor and thereafter receive the vital, appropriate monitoring - she may be experiencing problems? Just a thought, because I am certainly no doctor!
I think she is or was trying to regulate it herself by natural methods. This doesn’t work as the thyroid is so easily thrown out of kilter. I missed 5 days of my meds wen I went to Australia recently as I forgot to pack them. I am still noticing an upset in my thyroid as it takes a while to regulate.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I read that article as well. I had to read it twice as the first time I was convinced that the child was put out over night along with the cat😂😂.
if you have watched Call the midwife you will see that this was a common occurrence in the UK even in the 60’s. I was born in the 60s but can’t remember being put out🤦‍♀️ I know we didn’t have heating and like you was never sick.
My mother used to put us as babies in the pram outside to get 'some air'. Unfortunately one day she forgot to put the brake on and the wind came up and blew me and the pram down the front steps. I ended up with a broken nose and over my teenage years had a real complex about it due to nasty bullies.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think the Tattler who thought Steph had Invisalign may be on to something.
For the the first time I noticed a line along her top teeth.
I thought it could have been the lighting but it's there when she is back inside her castle.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
While I am usually not the most empathetic person, I do wonder if Alexander' eyes are sensitive to light, which would explain him wearing sunglasses all the time (it is condition that can occur with people who have light eye colours- even at night, with artificial lighting, can be painful). Oh Fanny, I suspect your "sizeable" donation to the community you actually reportedly live in (we all know Fanny "lives" on holiday!) is not even close to the $ you've donated to the Villoti Institute of Questionable Fashion, but way to go at patting yourself on the back and thinking you are the Chatelaine of your village now. Fanny has no idea what is even going on in the village. SMH- she's not going to donate a single pence quietly, but will demand some sort of fanfare and recognition in return.
Did you know Fanny that most people donate out of kindness and generosity and don't expect a fanfare! On some forums you can also donate anonymously!

I'm sure the locals appreciate you and all you do to ruin the local village! I'm sure that the 20 villagers who live there year round ( plus I'm sure plenty of summer owners will donate more than you and make a far bigger contribution to the village culturally and economically. Buying expensive stuff at the local Emmaus (whilst sending them a load of unsellable junk) doesn't really count. For exampIe I love buying milk, eggs and cheese from the farm up the road, I love buying plants from the nursery round the corner, I would love to participate in the summer fruit and veg contest ( which i have missed for the last 3 yrs due to the covid) and i know that all us here can share similar tales of connection and support within our local communities ( which is especially true for those who just suffered with storm Ian and the disastrous consequences to many homes and lives)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I had one side of my thyroid removed 25 years ago due to thyroid cancer. I have had to take thyroxine ever since. For many years this was at a high ish dose in order to stop the thyroid from having to work which could have led to more cancer. The downside of this is that the high dose can leech calcium from your bones risking osteoporosis. So now I am older the dose has been reduced as you don't get the same hormonal protections against losing calcium once you reach menopause. It becomes a balancing act between the cancer risk (unlikely after all this time) and the potential leeching.
I managed to have a busy career and bring up 2 children. At times the dose has been slightly adrift and I have been tired but it is manageable with a bit of self care and self awareness. Interestingly the main symptom that tells me it is too high is very vivid dreaming tipping over into nightmares.
You think that the scar looks horrendous when you first have it but most people don't even notice it. I had a friend of a number of years ask me one summer if I had fallen asleep in the sun with a necklace on. It was the first time she had noticed the scar.
I’ve never heard of thyroxine affecting your calcium levels. That is really concerning as I’m post menopausal (saves giving my age)😂😂 and take 150 micrograms a day, is that a high dose, I need to look into this so thank you for posting this information 💕

Reactions: 15
typical Marie...she leaves everything open...it would be better if she explained...but no...always keep secrets...where did she learn that??? :rolleyes:

I watched Dans vlog....wondering around in his 15 acres....clearly to me...there isnt a plan....he waits untill somebody comes with a bag of money....i guess that place will have a long time without a roof...and he is planning to live there in a cabin?? without electricity and water?? shitting in the forest?? .... well people like to see some people living on the grid..it can work:rolleyes: he is also a lost soul...imagine him as your father...he may be a good supporting father..but i somehow doubt it...all those lost souls seem to end up at lalande...like flies to a warm turd...i dont get it...
..and that was his choice over a loving partner and two beautiful children.. smh. Stupid, stupid man.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Well, that's a good reason to buy a purebred dog that will become neurotic because it won't get enough training and exercise. Pisses me off so much when people get pets that are completely inappropriate for their situation. Poor puppy.
Exactly Madame No ...... pisses me off too !!!
Pets take money , time and energy .
Get a stuffed toy ...... hell, Squirrel Boyfriend has a ton of them - pinch one of his ! He would never know its missing !!! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 14
While I am usually not the most empathetic person, I do wonder if Alexander' eyes are sensitive to light, which would explain him wearing sunglasses all the time (it is condition that can occur with people who have light eye colours- even at night, with artificial lighting, can be painful). Oh Fanny, I suspect your "sizeable" donation to the community you actually reportedly live in (we all know Fanny "lives" on holiday!) is not even close to the $ you've donated to the Villoti Institute of Questionable Fashion, but way to go at patting yourself on the back and thinking you are the Chatelaine of your village now. Fanny has no idea what is even going on in the village. SMH- she's not going to donate a single pence quietly, but will demand some sort of fanfare and recognition in return.

Parrfect recap @JP in SC! If I might add- the local vendors had no idea who the feck she was or why she had a phone in their faces. After 18+ years of owning the Shitoo, it only showcased how out of touch she is with her local community- Fanny apparently lives on another planet.
T Rex you are so right - so out of touch. 18 years and she has no clue the locals, or craftspeople. And wouldn’t that be interesting - to tour around on her vlogs LOCALLY. Instead she has to pack herself onto a plane (with an upgrade of course) with her 15 year old boy/man and travel. Local history is fascinating, most everywhere - but she doesn’t think like that. And how refined the various vendors were, graciously speaking to Staph. The least she could have done is buy something from the leather maker. That’s what you do, support the locals at events like this. Mindless Staph.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She worked really hard at La Lande and I think if you can get out of there even half normal you're doing well. I would say go to a major floral designer in London, Paris or wherever and try and get an apprenticeship she has talent with flowers
When she walked into that florist I thought . . . this is not going to work.
The shop was quite 'commercial' and didn't suit her style of work or vibe.
And I agree with you JGW, Marie is talented with flowers. 🌸🌼🌺

Reactions: 9
For the latest Christmas flog, Stef, Alex (wearing sunglasses) the Argentinian bully and her boyfriend, Davy and Palvina go to the village's first Christmas fair. Phiphi is back at the Shitshow so that's great for us. But Stef has forgotten her gloves. FFS!
That's PhiPhi's fault, he should have run after her with her gloves... I guess she didn't have the camera rolling when she left...

• Haha
  • Heart
JRTs are ridiculously amazing little dogs, but are incredibly stubborn. When we rescued ours (Atlas) from the shelter, he was not even a year old. Luckily, we discovered as soon as we got him home that he was already trained, BUT, suspected he wasn't walked very often, as he was absolutely terrible on the lead. He was high energy- I would take him running with me in the morning, and the little joker would run 4 miles at a 7:30 pace. I'd go to work, come home for lunch, and play Wubba with him in the back yard. After work, I'd take him on a 2+ mile walk- and he'd still be amped up and want to play when we got home. We never crated him- he never chewed on our things, but did destroy his many toys- he was a heavy chewer. He sleeps with us (along with our Chiweenie), and they have full reign of the house. I wipe their paws and bums with baby wipes before they go into the house, and we have covers on our furniture- it's a lot more laundry (along with the bedding), but their lives are short. Atlas has slowed down a bit (he's over 8 years old), but still goes into "beast mode" and wants to run. Ours is pretty chill compared to most (he's also got some Rat Terrier and Chihuahua), but I don't think Sadie KNOWS what she is getting into- while they are ridiculously adorable, they need a LOT of exercise, attention and consistent training.
Rexy ..... you do all that running and playing with them and that is why they are good but a working terrier that is bored ...... oh boy.
That is why I have pekingese now ..... I am not that strong anymore so you must research the pet for you !
Mind you - if you do not like grooming - Never get a Pekingese .
I like to groom him all year round but, soon he will have his summer groom at the salon once a year - he gets shaved off for our high heated summer. Its kinder.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've got to have that done, just how painful is it.

Got an underactive Thyroid (weight gain even on medication) as well as a knackered knee, I'm such a catch. Oh ....and throw in Menopause just for good measure (y)
@JackSpratt you could be my twin apart from me being post menopausal 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
T Rex you are so right - so out of touch. 18 years and she has no clue the locals, or craftspeople. And wouldn’t that be interesting - to tour around on her vlogs LOCALLY. Instead she has to pack herself onto a plane (with an upgrade of course) with her 15 year old boy/man and travel. Local history is fascinating, most everywhere - but she doesn’t think like that. And how refined the various vendors were, graciously speaking to Staph. The least she could have done is buy something from the leather maker. That’s what you do, support the locals at events like this. Mindless Staph.
Agreed @JP in SC - Fanny does very little to tout her local community, and it is certainly a gem. Even Shrek and Sarah constantly film their local villages and bring the guests out to them- as well as the Fleuries. The leather maker was so passionate about her wares- and they were lovely! The least Fanny could have done was to buy a nice wallet for someone- but this is not how Fanny thinks- "What will you give me for FREE? Can you stamp a Prada emblem on it?"

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Well, that's a good reason to buy a purebred dog that will become neurotic because it won't get enough training and exercise. Pisses me off so much when people get pets that are completely inappropriate for their situation. Poor puppy.
The people across the street have two dogs.
One is a collie.
Those dogs are lucky to be walked once a week. 🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Agreed @JP in SC - Fanny does very little to tout her local community, and it is certainly a gem. Even Shrek and Sarah constantly film their local villages and bring the guests out to them- as well as the Fleuries. The leather maker was so passionate about her wares- and they were lovely! The least Fanny could have done was to buy a nice wallet for someone- but this is not how Fanny thinks- "What will you give me for FREE? Can you stamp a Prada emblem on it?"
I just hope she bought a bunch of sanitizer pouch stocking stuffers or a purse or SOMETHING... That lady was so kind and talented!

• Heart
Johnny and wifey Lice (the veggie sellers with more chateau than sense) have something in common with Fill-Up and the Floor Scrubber - a shopping addiction. They buy and buy yet make no attempt at renovations or redecorating.

View attachment 1798189
They have architects working on changes.

Stop giving away your trousers, get rid of your old lady dresses, you look better in slacks.
She would probably look good in dresses.
Just not the dresses she actually wears.

dan's ruin is not a chado

one episode of midsomer murders came on my mind when i saw pictures of that passage.
Oh my god. :LOL:
We're back to Midsommer.

Funnily enough, the ABC has just started Saturday night replays.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I follow that couple on you tube. They are really sweet. MP mentioned he had trouble finding the weights for his new windows. The man custom made his windows and does his own woodwork. Anyhow he reached out to MP was he had extra weights he went to help teach him how to install the windows. It was a nice little vlog
I love Tracy and Budo. They really know what they're doing and they're role models for every retired person. Get a jackhammer and remove the salon floor down to the earthen fundament!!!!

Reactions: 12
Rexy ..... you do all that running and playing with them and that is why they are good but a working terrier that is bored ...... oh boy.
That is why I have pekingese now ..... I am not that strong anymore so you must research the pet for you !
Mind you - if you do not like grooming - Never get a Pekingese .
I like to groom him all year round but, soon he will have his summer groom at the salon once a year - he gets shaved off for our high heated summer. Its kinder.
I saw that Sadie also gifted Gwen one- dogs should never be given as "gifts"! (But I do suspect Mo is going to be the trainer/disciplinarian when he is actually there- swoon, the little guy looks so much like my little Atlas down to the rosette ears and white tipped tail!) I agree- you definitely have to find the dog that is right for your lifestyle. Unfortunately, our groomer who Dremeled his nails every month has decided to retire (this is our 3rd groomer who has retired now), so I've been forced to cut/Dremel his (and Luna's) nails every month (the struggle is real.) Fortunately, he's a smooth coat, so he gets weekly baths in our ensuite garden tub. Little joker LOVES baths- "Who wants a bath? Who wants a bath?" and he will run up to the tub and put his little paws up- "YAS! Give to me bath, mumma!" (Our Chiweenie does not share the same sentiment, unfortunately.) Atlas is also a fan of nightly tooth brushing- unlike Luna, who I have to chase with a toothbrush- the struggle is real with that one. You are a fantastic mum to Yum Yum- I bet he looks tiny when his fur is shaved off in the summer, but he's probably relieved! At least Yum Yum doesn't shed- our little jokers could make coats with all of the fur! (Our robot vac does an amazing job, but we still Hoover the furniture and floors every other day.)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.