The Chateau Diaries #199 We 3 queens of La-la-lande are, There would be a 4th but he can't drive a car.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry but that wood burner looks incongruous. This room has way too much going on: wooden panelling, vile crookedly painted durge sludge green /teal, black pipe cream wood burner. I actually think you want the wood burner to recess into the background, a black one would have been better. Everything in Fanny's decorative scheme shouts and it all fights "look at me". All that time and money and it looks really naff. The scale of the picture and the chair are wrong too and the chair is really not great is it. Oh dear I despair it is a bloody nightmare.
She originally said the green one was to go in there, but I think that when it arrived the green was too green and it went in the new Dining room instead and the cream one went in there

So why can Alla from Dreaming of a chateau drive to her house project and then work tearing out ceiling, flooring, building stone walls in the garden etc. make lunch, clean up and drive home and edit and put out a Vlog?? Everyday everyday.... but yet other Vloggers cry about editing for 8 hours a day... And she films everything on her phone... I love watching her channel she is so sweet and innocent and works really hard, her husband is a stick in the mud and very sour... But she is a bright light maybe she could teach Phi Phi how to vlog edit ( also why did Phi Phi need to be right in the middle of everyone working on the computer???) oh yeah not getting enough attention and Alexander said he wears sunglasses "for the fashion" to there's that .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Chateau Diaries has devolved into a grotesque, farcical money making machine.

And with her inheritance from Mummy not too far away she will hope to remain financially safe.
But she forgets she has a boyfriend who shops til he drops and he is 20 years younger,what is that in plate years?
Its pathetic how Fanny trys....to make him sound so useful, kind, thoughtful. Is she trying to convince us or herself.
She's trying to validate his presence for the grannies.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
`This had me crying too! 😂😂😂
It gave me an asthma cough from laughing so much.

Yes I learnt that as well. Far less upsetting for them. If you think something will upset them then I found it best not to mention it. When my sister died I decided not to tell my dad. She lived in Australia and for the first couple of years I used to send him cards and presents from her. That made him so happy. How could I tell him the truth. 💕💕
Agreed.

One of our friends did not tell his mother that her other son had died.
She was 102 and had dementia.
She would occasionally ask why the dead son had not visited.
My friend would say . . . he came to visit last week.
She would think it over and say . . . oh yes, that's right.

Another friend, whose father died last year, also has a mother with dementia.
Her mother asks where is her husband.
My friend has chosen to tell her the truth.
So each time she visits, her mother has forgotten, and my friend goes through the whole pahlavah again.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 1.24.01 PM.png

Those last two posts don't look very straight, especially the last one. And why is the steel not on the roof yet?

• Angry
Reactions: 14
My BFF is on the Alzheimer's board, they were short of volunteers to take a van load off on a Christmas expedition, asked me. I had the best day ever, met some with amazing backstories, enjoyed watching their enjoyment in the simple things life has to offer. It made me look at the disease in a different manner. My main nursing was mainly surgery and emergency, it was a short career for all the training. Never had exposure to Parkinson, Dementia or Alzheimers. That day made me review my retirement and make start to make positiev changes. As ex-miltary I know you will get veterans support. My deepest respect to your husband for his service, vietnam was just finishing when I joined, NZ didn't have conscription like USA our men volunteered, for years they were never acknowledged.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Everything in that room is fighting with everything else.
It's one big clash.
Her style is described by the narrator on DIY as 'flamboyant'.
I think 'chaotic' is more appropriate.
She has to have it all, "oh there's THREE colours? I'll have one of each"... I listed a house where the owners had used a different crown moulding in every room. Grapes in the dining room, dentil in the living room, leaf pattern in the hallway, roses in the master bedroom, omg it went on and on... all because why have one when you can have them all? 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
DTM is still cutting even down trees with Nimble Nick on his latest borefest.

For reasons known only to himself, he’s stuck a huge pine tree at the front of The McMansion and declared ‘its officialy christmas ‘

Seriously Dan, I hate being the Spelling Police, but you’re supposed to be a professional vlogger 🙄 Christmas is Christmas. Please use a capital ‘C’ 🙄. I hate also you’ve not bothered to type ‘It’s’. And don’t get me on ‘officialy’
So, so sloppy.

Also, why have you declared that at McMansion ? Surely you should be doing that at your children’s home, rather than at your vanity vlogger content ruin ?
What a waste of time that was, trying to balance a 20' tree, for what? Was he paying Nick for that? He'd have done better selling it to a chateau owner...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So sad to leave the world only in your own mind. I worked on a Dementia unit for years- my advice is ..... better to enter into his reality than trying to make him stay in yours. It saves your sanity and helps to keep people calm. Trying to convince someone that they are wrong when they know they are clearly right will cause many battles . Prayers for you and your husband
Yes, this is the advice I am getting. It's been a lesson for me as I LOVE to be right! In the long run it doesn't matter if I'm right or not. The important thing is to keep him calm, agitation is bad and can send him spiraling downward. He was a dance instructor at one time and still remembers all the steps which is so nice as he loves to dance. He also paints. While his paintings are becoming more abstract, I actually like them better than his more realistic ones. I'm so glad that part of his brain is still active and engaged. He also listens to Buddhist teachings and lectures which are calming and reassuring.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Snorts…you are so dense. It doesn’t matter if the tree is on sale or not. If the farmhouse has structural issues, and you’re asking strangers to pay for the repairs, you don’t spend a single dime on a new Christmas tree! You spend that money on repairs.

View attachment 1790719
Especially if you have a forest out your door full of TREES

• Heart
Reactions: 18
And crying loudly in the shower❤
When acting as caregiver for my dementia afflicted grandmother and wheelchair bound mom I would go into the laundry room, open the washing machine, stick my head in and scream! Why that particular method I don’t know, other than that being the most soundproofed room in the house.

• Heart
  • Sad
Yes I learnt that as well. Far less upsetting for them. If you think something will upset them then I found it best not to mention it. When my sister died I decided not to tell my dad. She lived in Australia and for the first couple of years I used to send him cards and presents from her. That made him so happy. How could I tell him the truth. 💕💕
in my opinion, you did the 'right thing'. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Watch out ☀👶. It's time for some body shaming!

Look how thick Philip's hair was in his poodle phase of 2021. It's falling out fast! You think he'll be completely bald by this time next year?

View attachment 1790826 View attachment 1790828
To be fair the longer hair gets the more you lose volume, and I don’t think he washes it much.

I was genuinely surprised. It is a comfortable place. They have given themselves a home away from their business.
however, we know Terry first fell for Dick and Angela strawbridge with how much fabric of hers he has used.
It’s a lovely little apartment isn’t it?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
An adult student, learning how to talk about daily routines, said "I get up at 7 am and then I get up my wife". I also remember someone writing about going to the park and feeding penis to the ducks.
Not that ducks can't eat penis... But what exactly did your student mean to write?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
in my opinion, you did the 'right thing'. ❤
I agree. From my research, it's best not to bring up trauma and painful past events as this may cause someone to relive it again. There's no point. Redirect. My Nana had Alzheimer's and would ask about Grandpa who had been dead for years. We would just say he's running errands or working out in his shop and would be back soon. At Christmas she would have us get Grandpa a shirt. I remember visiting her and she told me that I would really like her granddaughter, which was me of course! I just went along with it. She was a wonderful woman and a fantastic Nana! ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.