The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
True, much more efficient ways to tackle the job. However, I suspect Miss Fanny was after the visual of her looking like a pitiful washerwoman and how it would influence all her grannies into continuously digging into their pocketbooks for that monthly contribution.
Cinderella syndrome. Somebody already beat me to the punch line!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 25
it's pre-thanksgiving
Better get ready for a lot more pre-stuff during advent and Christmas too. She wants it to be a private celebration with "only" family and thinks she can pull it off by narrating as usual. She's delusional, but hey, we already knew that. A lot of her true fans (and let's be fait, she has some...not as many as she would like us to believe, but still, some) will probably buy into it anyway and that's all she needs for now. Stephanie Jarvis has never worried much about the future.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Off-Topic Rant:

Why don't doctors listen to Women? Why don't they take us seriously?

The last week has been pure hell. It's been so bad I haven't even clocked into tattle.
I have a stomach ache to end all stomach aches. Severe pain. At the doctor's office twice, then finally, the emergency room, where I literally begged them to do something! The Emergency Doc reluctantly ordered a CT scan. It turns out there is a massive mass on my right ovary.
Surgery is on Friday.

I am hoping for the best but bracing for the worst.
Trying to placate the children and my elderly parents that things will be okay.

Rant Over.
Bought myself a tablet so I can keep up with you witches while laid up (I mean, you lovely people )
I hope your surgery and recovery goes well. I had a very bad stomach ache once. My regular doc was on vacation and the substitute doctor gave me antacid pills. A few months later the stomach ache came back with a vengeance. My appendix had perforated and my body was filled with toxins. Emergency surgery at 2 am, three nights in hospital hooked up to antibiotic drip to rid my system of the poison. Surgeon said I was lucky to have made it. Next year at work, at colleague complained about the same kind of pain I had had. I told her to go immediately to the doctor to be checked for appendicitis. She had surgery that night to remove it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Jeesus... still wearing that sweater???
In the dark ages of the disco era when I lived in Germany at dances it was abundantly clear that Dutch & German men in jumpers did not wear deodorant! I can almost smell Snorts, yuck!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Snorts really had his nose put out of joint (!) at the dinner Yorrick cooked - he's used to lording it at the table with the guests but this time they started without him, he was ignored while they praised the food in FRENCH & THE CHEF as he sat staring in disbelief at Fanny, being kept out of the conversation and then flouncing out. Oddly enough he wasn't missed in the comments, compliments flying for Amaury & the new kid on the block, till just a couple asked why he wasn't present so 'Caroline Gooder' huffed that he had to do Nutti's admin. Not sorely missed....yippee😊
This is almost the very proof we needed that Nati is indeed Caroline Gooder. How would anyone not living at the shitoo know this? So bizarre to have a ghostwriter for your YT comments. Fanny's probably not the only YTer that does this I'm sure. What a strange and sneaky way to run a business.

In the dark ages of the disco era when I lived in Germany at dances it was abundantly clear that Dutch & German men in jumpers did not wear deodorant! I can almost smell Snorts, yuck!
Dutch and German men weren't the only ones on the dance floor that stank. Men from the Middle East not only had the worst BO, but they layered it with cologne. PU get away. They also were very vulgar in that they would try to rub their crotch against you. So disgusting! I refused to dance with them after that.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Off-Topic Rant:

The last week has been pure hell. It's been so bad I haven't even clocked into tattle.
I have a stomach ache to end all stomach aches. Severe pain. At the doctor's office twice, then finally, the emergency room, where I literally begged them to do something! The Emergency Doc reluctantly ordered a CT scan. It turns out there is a massive mass on my right ovary.
Surgery is on Friday.

Rant Over.
Bought myself a tablet so I can keep up with you witches while laid up (I mean, you lovely people )
Hope your surgery goes well and you get good results after x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I hope your surgery and recovery goes well. I had a very bad stomach ache once. My regular doc was on vacation and the substitute doctor gave me antacid pills. A few months later the stomach ache came back with a vengeance. My appendix had perforated and my body was filled with toxins. Emergency surgery at 2 am, three nights in hospital hooked up to antibiotic drip to rid my system of the poison. Surgeon said I was lucky to have made it. Next year at work, at colleague complained about the same kind of pain I had had. I told her to go immediately to the doctor to be checked for appendicitis. She had surgery that night to remove it.
A tip i learnt three decades ago when I had my appendix removed. It was OK for the Dr to press down on the appendix area (no excessive pain) but when he released the pressure, it was like a volcano of pain. Anyone else experience this?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Good morning Tattlers! Just got through all the headlines here. Some really good reporting as usual. Here are my comments:
  • Phyllis is on Santa's bad boy list for behaving poorly in polite company and was sent to bed without dinner
  • Fanny is channeling Cinderella before the Fairy Godmother visit
  • Michael Petherick's driving license saga is still split amongst Tattlers whether he should get a license or not, I think not.
  • Nadillac Boy has charmed everyone and is a sore spot for Phyllis. Phyllis, needs to double down on the French lessons.
  • Dan's mystery chateau continues to be a mystery
  • Advent vlogs may or may not start on Dec. 1, we wait with baited breath.
  • The Jewish symbol over our heads has been removed and needs to stay removed. I personally don't want any religious symbols placed over my head on this site, it's inappropriate.
  • At least one Tattler is headed for surgery and needs our support and love, which we all send with best intentions for a speedy recovery.
  • The pros and cons of marzipan and its various forms are still being discussed while discussion of fruitcake seems to have subsided for now.
  • Heathcliffe made an appearance edging closer and closer to becoming a VIP by New Year's.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
We have a student (leaving tomorrow) baths on a sunday whether he needs it or not... 🤦‍♀️ No doubt will need to purchase a new mattress...

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Tune in now to Journey to the Chateu de Colombe for a very tedious ribbon tutorial!

I find his speach pattern stressful - the way he constantly pauses as if he's speaking between bites of a sandwich.
I know exactly what you mean. :D But, they are a really nice couple. I feel that their Chateau will be very tastefully restored eventually.
Plus, they have made many friends in the local community within the 6 months they have been there which if far greater than SJ has ever done during her 18 years at LaLa Land.
How many dogs do they have - I lose count, but it's a lot no matter what. Not sure which breed they are though! Are they dog breeders?
They were absolutely heartbroken and, understandably so stressed out when one of them recently went walk about.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
  • The Jewish symbol over our heads has been removed and needs to stay removed. I personally don't want any religious symbols placed over my head on this site, it's inappropriate.
I completely agree.
Even amongst Jews, wearing a kippah is something only VERY religious people observe. In the Reform Jewish tradition, to which I belong, wearing a kippah is optional. Personally, I don't wear a kippah except when I go to shul or Jewish holy sites.

Although, of all the Jewish holidays, we Jews don't mind having the world celebrate Hanukkah with us because it is not necessarily a religious holiday but a commemoration of the Maccabean revolt against the Seleucids. To us, it's more like Bastille Day or even the Fourth of July. The religious undertone of Hanukkah is in the fact that the Maccabean revolutionaries, consequently regained control of the Temple in Jerusalem, which the Seleucids desecrated, and restored freedom of worship.

BUT...It pains me to even imagine Stephanie Jarvis lighting a chanukiah menorah!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
🤓OMG!!! Jumpsuit Jill 🍊 gets around! She's now not only waiting for CD but she's QUEEN of the jungle! Now the thing to watch in the Chateau world these days is Mr. Bean's castle. His bossy wife is less whingy, and their vlogs are almost entertaining. My wife have swapped us over there, I think CD soon can kiss us goodbye. Mr. Bean is an enigma. He walks around with a knowing little smirk, he knows something the rest of us do not. We think he is a little evil, an imp of an aristocrat. Perhaps he turns into a bat at night.
OMG. All you 15 dirty witches (and 3 trolls :devilish:) listen up!
Get your gladrags ironed, hair washed and fluffed up, teeth whitened, stuff manicured, pedicured and bikini waxed...WHY, you are asking?
There will be a huge party,🥳🍸🍾🍹🍾🍾🍾🍾 free Concorde flights, pineapple cocktails in the Tiki hut, and so much more!
Guess who'll be our long awaited VIP and only 11 more messages to go! Eh? 🥰
Answers on a postcard!🥰

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
We have a student (leaving tomorrow) baths on a sunday whether he needs it or not... 🤦‍♀️ No doubt will need to purchase a new mattress...
Ugh! Reminds me of an old roomie I had. He had no furniture so I lent him an Ikea sofa bed I no longer used. When he moved out the sofa bed was brown and under it was a couple months worth of fast-food wrappers and roaches. The smell was so bad I didn't bother cleaning it, just threw it in the trash.
1669657817817.png

(not my actual sofa but same style/color)

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Off-Topic Rant:

Surgery is on Friday.

Rant Over.
Not a rant at all. Worry would be my interpretation for how you currently feel. Sincerely hope that your surgery goes really well, nothing untoward and that your recovery is swift. ❤
I once experienced severe abdominal dragging pain and it got so bad that I could hardly walk, was in a terrible state. Ultimately decided that I had to go to A&E, was just about able to drive myself there. Seen immediately, had a multitude of tests and turned out, suspected ectopic pregnancy. They gave me medication and all I wanted to do was go home, take the drugs and sleep away the pain. Thankfully, everything was ultimately fine. To this day, 3 decades later, I am still none the wiser as to what exactly it was.
Excellent idea with regards to the tablet - just make sure you obtain the hospital's internet password before surgery so that you can keep up with us witches asap once it is all over. Take care. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
1669658228681.png

Since Mary Poppins had just cleaned the floors, wouldn't it have been easier for Fanny to have just mopped the linseed oil mixture onto the floor instead of hands and knees scrubbing?
BTW, she kept saying linseed oil and "turps" - is "turps" a Brit term for turpentine?

Squirrel is the interior designer don’t you know🤣 He is moving stuff about, adding inappropriate dirty junk and fabric especially cushions.
He also copied Nicolas Fairbottom stacking books with a lamp on it. Squirrel has done this in many rooms and it looks ridiculous especially with the very crappy lamps they have.
He has put nasty little teacups and pot combinations in the bedrooms . Everything he touches becomes horrible.
Also he loves two piece outfits for F4F …so ageing but no doubt Granny wore these. He bases all his ideas on his grandparents not very lovely home.
I noticed that too! He fills every surface with tat, where are people to put their own stuff?? I'd be asking for a cardboard box... ship all that tit into the hallway!

View attachment 1767137
Since Mary Poppins had just cleaned the floors, wouldn't it have been easier for Fanny to have just mopped the linseed oil mixture onto the floor instead of hands and knees scrubbing?
BTW, she kept saying linseed oil and "turps" - is "turps" a Brit term for turpentine?
Did we notice how she worked around all the table and chair legs? That floor is going to be dead patchy, won't be able to move anything..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
OMG. All you 15 dirty witches (and 3 trolls :devilish:) listen up!
Get your gladrags ironed, hair washed and fluffed up, teeth whitened, stuff manicured, pedicured and bikini waxed...WHY, you are asking?
There will be a huge party,🥳🍸🍾🍹🍾🍾🍾🍾 free Concorde flights, pineapple cocktails in the Tiki hut, and so much more!
Guess who'll be our long awaited VIP and only 11 more messages to go! Eh? 🥰
Answers on a postcard!🥰
I'm sending invitations to two of Heathcliffe's favorite chateauverse characters, Michael Petherick and Marie Wiik. Of course, someone will need to pick up Michael and drive him to the party.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
View attachment 1767137
My father was a painter and decorator and always called it turps, we’re Irish Canadian

Reactions: 23
View attachment 1767137
Exactly! She could have used a roller or a mop, but the optic of being on her knees hard at work alone is what tugs at the hearts of Patreon grannies!
However, she may have unknowingly (or deliberately) put her beloved Snorts in a bad light because he let his precious dahling work alone on her knees like a cursed princess, and makes him look like the villain in her fairytale! What was PhiPhi doing the whole time, watching p0rn?

cd533.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.