The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This title selling site is not very picky in selecting channels, are they? I've now seen them on a channel about recreational math ...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Yesterday was the first sunday of advent.
There are four sundays of advent every year.
Christmas is always 24/25 of december.
BUT
advent calendars are starting the first of december and have 24 doors for the 24 days in december.

F4F did a sort of advent calendar, so perhaps starting on thursday.

If not 🤷‍♀️
Didn't watch them last year.
Strange that she didn't talk about her adventvlogs.

Reactions: 25
Puy Vidal released a vlog today that clocks in in just under an hour!

I was a skeptic of theirs early on but they've proven me wrong! The amount of thought, planning, and work they're doing is impressive!
I agree they have not posted in a while. But they have been working hard the place looks amazing and they seem to all work well together. The workshop looked great

Off-Topic Rant:

Why don't doctors listen to Women? Why don't they take us seriously?

The last week has been pure hell. It's been so bad I haven't even clocked into tattle.
I have a stomach ache to end all stomach aches. Severe pain. At the doctor's office twice, then finally, the emergency room, where I literally begged them to do something! The Emergency Doc reluctantly ordered a CT scan. It turns out there is a massive mass on my right ovary.
Surgery is on Friday.

I am hoping for the best but bracing for the worst.
Trying to placate the children and my elderly parents that things will be okay.

Rant Over.
Bought myself a tablet so I can keep up with you witches while laid up (I mean, you lovely people )
You have to be your own advocate its sad but true. Good part is you pushed for an answer. Better part is they will take out the mass praying for white light and healing and a positive outcome. You are woman you are strong

T
Well, we can conclude that there will be no roof by december 🤣
There will be a tarp. That's red neck for roof

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
No you are not the only person with a woodburner aversion, but for me it depends on their application.
In my opinion they do have their place, either as a stand alone or in a large inglenook.
But I do not like them in chateau fireplaces.

Carole and Adrian at Chateau la Ferte were kindly lent a woodturner for their grand salon by the Lacelle boys.
Luckily they came to their senses and realised how ugly inappropriate it looked and removed it.

Does anybody on Tattle know anything about Carole's background?
Does she have experience in decorative finishes?
I don't always like her choices but her care and attention to detail is superb.
And she could certainly show Stephanie a thing or two about how to hang wallpaper . . . correctly.
Adrian is no slacker either.

Edit: 'normal people with a chateau . . . do a huge spring clean after the winterseason'
Stephanie isn't normal.
I seem to remember that she was an interior designer

Reactions: 10
Yesterday was the first sunday of advent.
There are four sundays of advent every year.
Christmas is always 24/25 of december.
BUT
advent calendars are starting the first of december and have 24 doors for the 24 days in december.

F4F did a sort of advent calendar, so perhaps starting on thursday.

If not 🤷‍♀️
Didn't watch them last year.
Strange that she didn't talk about her adventvlogs.
She’s hopefully trying to remove Snorts from her material moving forward. Finally she gets that she is the only one captivated by him and shoving him down our throats is making matters worse.

• Heart
I seem to remember that she was an interior designer
I believe she’s stated that she was a decorator, which in British English means she painted and hung wallpaper. North American English uses decorator similar to Interior Designer.

Reactions: 12
There is something afoot at lie and lieagainlande. I girded my loins and watched last nights chateau floor makeover.

Hmm. Not so much a makeover as a floor clean. And not before time.

Granted the timeline was all over the place - the woodburners were in, the wood burners were out. Dinner was in the red room, but the dining room had been moved to the entrance hall for Thanksgiving. We were told that this is the par-fect placement of the dining room now! Marie has left. Marie left at Thanksgiving, but then the Thanksgiving timeline was messed with too.

Fanny stated that dinner was for 6, but we only actually saw 4 - fanny, snorts, cuz and angeleyes. So who else was present? Armoire made a point if saying he missed nasti and that Yorick was acting as a replacement (I don't think he wanted to sit next to snorts). So we know nasti is away. Jared and partner? If so why weren't they shown?

Snorts had a real cob on! Face like a slapped arse. Completely out of it when they were speaking french amongst themselves. And then he was gone. Place setting and all. Like he had never been there. Bizarre!

Has fanny woken up and had a f.me epiphany "what the hell have I been doing"? Has he finally got the Spanish archer? Is he currently packing up all his tit? Will he get a lift to the station?

Un petit mystere. And I doubt we'll get any answers. Just more screwed timelines! Oh, and btw, keep an eye on those lemon and lime trees that have been brought inside...

Quick edit... the pie looked good.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
@Granola Chic sending you positive vibes! Thank goodness someone finally listened to you. All 15 of us witches will be thinking of you!
I echo @LittleMore Cottage that we all have to be our own advocates and get our loved ones to be advocates when we cannot speak. Gone are the days when Dr’s are treated like gods. One lesson I learned as a nurse is listen to your patient don’t discount what they have to say. Hard lessons. From my experience both male and female physicians are equally arrogant. Some of the worst ones are newly minted female Physicians. There are good ones though!
In my neck of the woods there have been two deaths in the emerge waiting room. Both waiting for a bed in emerge.Truly horrifying! Sadly this would never happen to someone with connections or people who scream for attention.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I believe she’s stated that she was a decorator, which in British English means she painted and hung wallpaper. North American English uses decorator similar to Interior Designer.
In the USA you can call yourself interior decorator whether you’ve been educated or tested for the industry. They can be anything from a carpet/paint/wallpaper salesperson in a home center to your neighbor who dabbles. Interior designer is a job title that comes with educational requirements and rigorous testing because they have to know construction as well as the decorating part of design. I’m sure there are some calling themselves interior designers but if the folks at ASID or NAIID get them in their sights it won’t be pretty.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
There isn't a house full of clucking women willing to cater to his 'diet' atm, "if you don't like it, go make something else for yourself.."
And Angel eyes made supper in less than 6 hours … he also seems to be matey with Amoury.
Stephanie is flirting with him.
It’s the first non gay man been allowed in the chateau since squirrels arrival. Something tells me he has not allowed them and this begs the question what is a talented intelligent bloke like him doing washing Fanny’s fountain 😉🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
🤓OMG!!! Jumpsuit Jill 🍊 gets around! She's now not only waiting for CD but she's QUEEN of the jungle! Now the thing to watch in the Chateau world these days is Mr. Bean's castle. His bossy wife is less whingy, and their vlogs are almost entertaining. My wife have swapped us over there, I think CD soon can kiss us goodbye. Mr. Bean is an enigma. He walks around with a knowing little smirk, he knows something the rest of us do not. We think he is a little evil, an imp of an aristocrat. Perhaps he turns into a bat at night.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
What a boring room! Nothing goes together. Daddy's painting is particularly ugly. With all that stuff they have, couldn't something better than this be put together?
Squirrel is the interior designer don’t you know🤣 He is moving stuff about, adding inappropriate dirty junk and fabric especially cushions.
He also copied Nicolas Fairbottom stacking books with a lamp on it. Squirrel has done this in many rooms and it looks ridiculous especially with the very crappy lamps they have.
He has put nasty little teacups and pot combinations in the bedrooms . Everything he touches becomes horrible.
Also he loves two piece outfits for F4F …so ageing but no doubt Granny wore these. He bases all his ideas on his grandparents not very lovely home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
There isn't a house full of clucking women willing to cater to his 'diet' atm, "if you don't like it, go make something else for yourself.."
Angel Eyes is younger, prettier, smarter, has talent and a title and is prime designated boy toy material for his sexually voracious employer. I wouldn't eat his duck pie either if I were Pheeph, and I'd make a big deal about it on camera. Because I live to upstage Stephanie Jarvis.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Okay, the floor scrubbing happened before Thanksgiving. The sideboard was still in the Chinese restaurant, as was all the chairs. This video is probably from two weeks ago. She’s working and cleaning because she reads here and her competition is wiping the floor with her as far as work goes. The winter salon has a fireplace that probably draws now as it has been cleaned or modified. That is where they are going to be doing all of the entertaining during the holidays. That room, the entrance room, the Marquis thing, and the dining room. Maybe there are some other fireplaces they can use now, and that is why there are so many more fire extinguishers now. There will be fires going everywhere. I think all the room change ups are also due to where there will be heat. And what was all of that about Dan buying a fox taxidermy? For what? Why’s she peppering Dan into the conversation? Why’s Anne Marie moving furniture and not Phi Phi? Weird.
Amoury mentioned something in the ETRF recent vlog about working in the grand salon and finished after 5 months.( I have broken a bone in my fooot so have time but can I listen again 🤪]
I think Fanny has dismissed all paid staff. No one is going to be there as she has run out of funds.
Amoury is now the odd job man? Who know when she filmed Amoury and frightened the life out of him. Maybe September?
Nick is not in the woods?
Why did Dave the cleaner not do the floor or has he gone now no bnb.
And maybe she has had to say to Squirrel you will be a volunteer for a few months…..

She probably sent them to herself.
No there was a comment from a viewer saying that a patron member was asking if she had received them. One of the 8000 unanswered emails and messages 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
And Angel eyes made supper in less than 6 hours … he also seems to be matey with Amoury.
Stephanie is flirting with him.
It’s the first non gay man been allowed in the chateau since squirrels arrival. Something tells me he has not allowed them and this begs the question what is a talented intelligent bloke like him doing washing Fanny’s fountain 😉🤣
Wow that‘s a great euphemism. I expect that Fanny’s fountain very rarely gets washed as she is too lazy to bathe on a daily basis.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Don’t attack please- but....
I’m trying to figure out who “Nadillac” boy is???
I have not read everyday...
I even looked at Wiki....
No way I had time to read all that....🤦🏼‍♀️
Nadaillac boy is the volunteer Yorick, who maternally belongs to the French noble family du Pouget de Nadaillac that used to own Fanny's farmhouse. According to her, he is one of seven siblings who used to visit Lalande with their parents regularly.
(DAMN IT, I SOUND LIKE CAROLINE GOODER!)
Perhaps one of the techy people can add this ancestral chart and some info onto the wiki? ;) ✌(y)

nadaillac.png

cd509.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Off-Topic Rant:

Why don't doctors listen to Women? Why don't they take us seriously?

The last week has been pure hell. It's been so bad I haven't even clocked into tattle.
I have a stomach ache to end all stomach aches. Severe pain. At the doctor's office twice, then finally, the emergency room, where I literally begged them to do something! The Emergency Doc reluctantly ordered a CT scan. It turns out there is a massive mass on my right ovary.
Surgery is on Friday.

I am hoping for the best but bracing for the worst.
Trying to placate the children and my elderly parents that things will be okay.

Rant Over.
Bought myself a tablet so I can keep up with you witches while laid up (I mean, you lovely people )
That’s terrible .
What a dramatic and frightening time for you.
I really hope you have all the support you need. It’s hardly time to pack a hospital bag.
Sending all the very best for the operation. And a big hug full of bravery.
I am so glad Tattle can bring much needed distraction.

• Heart
A jumper or pullover is just another word for sweater.

Edit: Imperious Me, we must have been typing at the same time.
Not only that, they have different money, metric measurements, and a king. And this forum used to be anti-American, like Tattle elsewhere. Because the gangster grannies are all Americans, don't you see?

There! And we waited for that. I would really like to know what the plan is for this channel.
Nigella certainly made it with double entendres and boobs, but she covers them up, like somebody who really cooks.

I watched a few seconds of Dan's video.
What does that man live on?
He has two children.
How he finances himself and his family. I'm just getting bills, food prices have skyrocketed, pay for a child's trip, pay for training, equipment.....
I won't even talk about Dan's ruin. That's not the topic now.
I have an apartment without a mortgage, a job, and in this crisis I'm a bit panicking.
Dan collects ashes from the ruin. It won't make him any money, except for a little YT revenue.
Someone explain to me, please.
He's bogarting his grandpa's pension check?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.