The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Davy's back.

It must be cold everywhere else in the farmhouse that Davy chooses to work in the same room as they are filming the gift grab.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Perhaps she has put the farmhouse on the market??
That woman will never renovate that place and I have always had a feeling she Hates the place.

Reactions: 17
I hope that the result is not serious and can relate to how anxious, frustrated and scared you may be. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
Also, to @JackSpratt- I’m so sorry for your loss and hope that you are surrounded with support so that you can grieve as it comes.

Reactions: 19
You cheered up too soon. Phillip is still in charge at LL.
He is particularly active today. He doesn't stop commenting in the live chat and of course, he doesn't stop talking behind the camera.

Reactions: 22
Private???? Past Advent blogs rarely showed any one who didn’t want to be shown? What needs to be private? Truth be told she does not want to feature the gay Twink’s parents or The Argentinian’s family in anything filmed for the vlog.
I think she might be dumping the twink- it’s time

Dear Diary,
What a dark day it has been.

- Angel-Eyes is straight. But let’s hope it’s those menopause trolls lying again.

- We don’t want anything Jewish in here.

Reactions: 13
Some of the worst ones are newly minted female Physicians.
Tell me about it!

The lovely female doctor who we used to see in the country, retired.
Consequently, I saw another doctor in the practice, a young female.
Initially I had gone in for an asthma diagnosis and treatment.
Because this happened during lockdowns I wasn't able to access the usual diagnostics for asthma testing.
So it was trial and error over a period of two to three months to see which medication was appropriate.
Every time I saw her my blood pressure would go up, and up, and up.
She decided there was something very wrong with me and did not consider it was her manner that made me anxious.
I had to have blood tests, an e.c.g, and wear an overnight blood pressure monitor.
Boy did I feel smug when the results came back, all normal.
On my last visit to her she made a comment how she didn't usually 'intimidate' patients and I thought . . . I bet you don't.

Reactions: 12
Okay C’est moi - in my book you win the prize for the best line “Snorts had a real cob on! FACE LIKE A SLAPPED ARSE”. Superb statement of fact. I am putting 12 Gold Stars next to your name.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I feel honoured. Have you never heard these two expressions? All credit to my husband with his norf Surrey upbringing and east end of London early working life. He has been educating me for 42 years!

Reactions: 18
I have used a painter and decorator, and also an interior designer.
And I agree, they are different.
Different skillset, different qualifications.

Reactions: 14
Apologies.
I was being facetious.
Stephanie wouldn't know the first thing about colour blending tulips or any other plant for that matter.

Reactions: 10
I wish someone would tell the Oxford "graduate" (?) how to pronounce "batik". She thinks it's "battick" for some strange reason! There must be something seriously wrong with Michael, the gift giver who seems to send a box full of presents, often very expensive ones, practically every week. He is obsessed with her. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these crazy fans left her legacies in their wills. Surely they could find a better way to use their money.

Maybe she should her views are decreasing

Reactions: 16
Did we notice how she worked around all the table and chair legs? That floor is going to be dead patchy, won't be able to move anything..
[/QUOTE]

I noticed that and thought she is so lazy.

We call it turps.
Just a shorter way to say turpentine.

Reactions: 16
Bugger me backwards-Dick Strawbridge is wearing nail varnish-is Phi Phi his estranged love child ha ha-afterall Dick is a big eater, bald as a mutant walrus and also sports bizarre facial hair
The "mutant walrus" comment made me LAUGH!

Here's something our friend @HalcyonOrganic might be interested in...
son of mutant walrus, James Strawbridge.

Reactions: 22
I worked on Queen Eleanor’s Garden a recreation of a medieval herber 12 years ago now….garden history fascinating. It’s why I am appalled at what is being done to the dumps grounds. Davey is a car park planter
I imagine that we would have been fellow students and great friends working alongside each and enjoying the experience, too. I studied at Capel Manor in Hertfordshire, absolute fantastic environment and such fabulous tutors.
Like you say, I have always stated that Davy is a municipal urban landscaper - BUT, to be fair to him, he does demonstrate plant knowledge too.
And, to be even fairer to him, SJ is the worst kind of client in my experience. As in, she always knows best even though, those who have far more knowledge/experience, she just ignores their advice!
I personally feel that she used Davey AND, am not entirely certain whether he was ever paid for his services either!
More fool him, if he wasn't!

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Dear Diary,
What a dark day it has been.

- Angel-Eyes is straight. But let’s hope it’s those menopause trolls lying again.

- We don’t want anything Jewish in here.
Are you trying to start something again? Not having a family Thanksgiving to attend, I guess you didn't get enough of religion, sex and politics at the table.

Reactions: 14
I worked on Queen Eleanor’s Garden a recreation of a medieval herber 12 years ago now….garden history fascinating. It’s why I am appalled at what is being done to the dumps grounds. Davey is a car park planter
'car park planter'

I did think he designed public spaces and not 'domestic' gardens.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.