The Chateau Diaries #195 Fraudster Fanny & fraudsters Fleuries, pot and kettle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I made a huuuge decision my fellow Tartlettes. I dove into a few minutes of the latest gift de la grab. I figured out something very important. She Who Shouts From the Balcony (who has re”brand”ed herself as Fanny Four Flues) has decided to replace her “boyfriend”. Yes. She won’t be successful though, as Jerrod is in love with with a real man. Jerrod- is that his name?! I can’t go back and check , but why do I probably will?!🤣
Therefore our Phyllis will be the one to burn down the chateau. This is why we haven’t seen his little shop of wee. He has brought his chips down to the ole shoppe so that he can rescue the junk b4 everything goes.
Yup.

🤣🤣❤❤

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I've never really been much of a Fleuries fan and think I've only watched maybe one video, which was the reveal of their kitchen after what felt like (from reading here) a lifetime. I can tell you this, though - while I'm about tired of seeing their vlogs show up as recommendations on my feed there is NOTHING that makes me less interested in their vlogs than the ever-present, outstretched or pointing arms that Mrs. Fleurie seems to love doing in her thumbnails. I'm waiting for her to do a video set to the The Village People's 'YMCA', just so she can stick her arms up in the air and do the letters! I can't stand it....it's a pet peeve that just turns me off. Look at all of their thumbnails and you'll see what I mean.....elbows sometimes jutting out, many with hands up in the air, some pointing at whatever.....

It's small, but it bugs me!

I had a notification when I logged into YouTube and saw there was a message from Marie Wiik.
Oh, THANK GOD! We can now all sleep at night, since Marie has it all under control!
It's the little things that really give you the pip!

She kept calling it an exposition, I would call it an exhibition. Was like nails on a chalk board for me.
According to Google an exposition is a large public exhibition.
I agree, it's an exhibition.
More big noting.
These nouveau chateau owners just can not help themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Julie didn't pay her bills until she was forced to do so. She had been sued on a real estate contract, had an an approximate $20,000 judgment levied against her, and evaded judgment 9 different times when her bank account was attempted to be be garnished for about $20,000 or so. It was only when a local judge issued an order that would enable the Sheriff to go to her home and take $20,000 of personal items to satisfy the judgment, that she coughed up payment.
@graciemckitten, I thought we were friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I lived in Nashville for a year in the 90s. I lived in the Priest Lake area but worked in Brentwood. Brentwood back then was very sleepy. I was behind Dolly one day at Capt Ds. She was in her Caddy, someone else was driving. Took forever. Saw Alan Jackson and his wife at Applebees. She was wearing a full length silver Fox coat. There wasn’t a lot out there in Brentwood at the time and they couldn’t find enough people to work at the McDonalds. They were paying twice minimum wage and couldn’t keep staff. I worked for a bank in real estate construction lending (ironically) and the homecoming parade went through our office park like it was Main Street. It was really weird. The mansions were separated by a lot of land, but you’d see them dot the rolling hills. There really wasn’t a lot fine dining or shopping or anything out there back then. It was so weird to see celebrities at chain restaurants. I wasn’t there long enough to really get a sense other than a general one. It was weird.
I live a couple of hours from Nashville and will sometimes book flights out of there if the fare is cheaper or if they have a direct flight to where I want to go. To be honest, I’ve never really cared for a lot of the people I’ve met in Nashville…in my experience, they seem to be stuck up or snobby in general (not everyone, of course! But I’ve run into a lot of snobs there). For example, on one occasion my partner and I were flying Southwest Airlines out of Nashville and we paid extra to board early (for those that don’t know, Southwest doesn’t assign seats…you get a number to board the plane in numerical order, then you pick your seat…first come first serve). There was a nicely dressed lady a few people in front of us in line that boarded and sat in the emergency row (where there’s more leg room) by the window. My partner and I then sat in the two seats next to her in the same row…but she said “I’m saving this seat for my husband.” We told her she can’t save seats…it’s first come first serve. If she wanted her husband to sit next to her, he should have also paid extra for the early boarding (like we did), or she could move to another seat beside him when he boarded. She started to get really angry but the flight attendant sided with us…told her she couldn’t save the seats. The lady acted as though we were the worst people. I’m not sure why she thought she should get special treatment, but she thought she was entitled. I guess she was used to getting her way.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Happy Thanksgiving weekend, Tattlers! I'm thankful for all the juicy gossip you've shared this past year. I'm also thankful for Philip's hair loss and for Yorick's glorious visit to the chateau. I am NOT thankful for David's extended absence.
I liked David too. I’ve asked several times why he disappeared. No answer from CD. 😳 I spy with my little eye; something fishy is going on. 😳

Reactions: 14
Why is she fasting did she say ???
Nothing new. For years and years this has been how she counters her overindulgent eating and drinking pattern the rest of the day.

I always read Clara’s posts, wondering what she’s got to say. I know there is a fond place in everyone’s heart for TL old timers, mine too. Most of us found TL after becoming disillusioned with CD & unable to ask questions or air our concerns in Stephanie’s YouTube comments. Unfortunately, sometimes we are shot down for doing that here too. I don’t always agree with everything said here, but so what? Tartlets gonna tart. That’s what we are here for. If someone has something to say, it’s ok to love it, hate it or ignore it. People shouldn’t be afraid to disagree.

Remember when @Isabelle6541 was posting, no one was allowed to question her? People are allowed to ask questions. How many posts have you read after the fact where tartlets said they had concerns, but were afraid to ask?❤
I completely agree. It's very important we all fire away questions, engage in discussion, ignore answers, ignore rudeness and, well, repeat. We are all allowed to say what we want. We might not get the response we expect, but that does not mean you can not speak from the heart.

She has talked about intermittent fasting many many times. Its just what she says she does. I would do the same if I slept in until afternoon
It is indeed something she says she does. Unless someone (like Ian the builder) brings her pain au chocolat in bed. Or any other edible gift. Or even non edible gifts. The woman lives on things people donates and is incapable of sticking to a serious, restricting diet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
A very happy Thanksgiving to all Tattler friends across the big pond.

I hope you have a lovely day however you are celebrating 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 28
When did you learn to knit? I learned when I was 5 years old. My older sister was 7 years old and was in a knitting class. I was bouncing around watching everything and the teacher made an exception to her “ you must at least be 7 years old to be in my knitting classes” rule. So I learned to knit and made a sleeveless vest to wear over a turtleneck or shirt. It was made from the groovy 70’s yarn that had segments of different shades of dyed colors (green and blue) . Quite the fashion statement.

I wore it to kindergarten. My teacher asked who made my vest, and I told her that I did and the teacher did not believe me. Then my mother told the teacher that I learned how to knit and made the vest myself. Such vindication in my 5 year old mind. But then I went too far. I told my teacher that my mother made me make all my clothes. That statement was Immediately corrected by my mother so my vindication was short lived.

I could never get the hang of crochet. I need to practice and learn . The Mckitten would like for me to make her this crocheted sofa.

View attachment 1755534

View attachment 1755535
If I was an ancient Egyptian, I would worship your cat on the red sofa 😍

And most likely the reason why it's slow to sell, regardless of whether it has the Nicholas Fairford endorsement.
Amen! Bringing out products with your own brand could make you money if it is done right. Nicky's merch suits his youtube channel. His prices are off.

Jules, if you bring out merch, let's talk first ok? 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
About that Marie videos re-posting on her old channel: I habe never heard of something like this being done automatically by YouTube. Probably someone in here knows better, but as much as I know is that you have to manually re-upload the videos.

But of course it surely could have been an error, that YouTube released all videos of her when she opened her channel again, to be watched by old and new fans.

Is her channel monetized, coincidentally?

Reactions: 19
Comments on Patreon: They are all lapping in up, no one questioning where are the accounts, the Grand Salon or even where the charity money from gift grab is going. It is just love bombing

Joanna Drakeley

This is just what I need and it's early! Yayayay. Thank you for brightening my evening. X

12h

Melissa Southworth

Hello!

12h

Jillian Scott

Hello everyone from a beautiful bright New Zealand spring morning

12h

Lois Hampstead

Hi, Just had a heavy downpour here in west Ak, but the sun’s out again and now I’ve watched the Patron vlog I can head outside to the garden .

9h

Örn Leifsson

Who's the Cook ? - A new volunteer ?

12h

Stephanie Jarvis

It's Jared's husband! Sorry, I forgot to explain that in the video!

11h

Heather Grant

Hello everyone. Who's the fellow making the pies? Did I miss a previous intorduction to him?

12h

Stephanie Jarvis

It's Jared's husband. They returned for Thanksgiving and will stay a little while :)

11h
Load reply

Holly Rosenfeld

I love Antoine! Hello from NYC. Jared, your husband is just as adorable as you! Love the pecan pies. Happy Thanksgiving 🍁🍽 🦃 LaLande!!

11h

Wendy Grimwood

The easiest way to clean copper and brass is Cilit Bang ! Just spray and wipe off with a damp cloth then polish with a dry cloth

11h

Robert Limb

Loving the new shade of Blonde Stephanie

11h

Emily Scott Banks

I agree! It's a very elegant shade and it suits you perfectly, Stephanie!

11h

Lisa Akinlabi

Yes very pretty

10h

Ana Maria Sierra

Fun! Fun! Fun! I’m going to miss Maria and I hope she has a wonderful time with her family. Please remind me of the variety of blackberry you planted.

11h

Rebecca Shuman

I loved this…a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

11h

Kimberly Early

Aww, I'm gonna miss Maria SO MUCH!! Lots of lots going on!

11h

Isobel Chapman

Lovely thank you xx

11h

Laurie Siebert

When will Maria be back? She is so much fun; I will miss her. The pies looked fabulous. I asked my husband if he was baking when I was watching. I swore I smelled pies! 😂😂Cranberry pecan is a favorite of mine. Not as sweet as pecan pie but wonderful flavors. Wonderful video!

11h

Stephanie Jarvis

She'll be back in the spring, in time for the next season :)

10h

Colin & Terri Rankin

Your hair color looks great, Stephanie!

11h

John Sinclair

What a marvelous package of video gifts!!

11h

Odile GOUGET

Stéphanie, your hair is lovely !

11h

Anne Hodge

I love all of you! Happy Hollidays!

11h

Eoin Armstrong

Knob polishing. That was funny. I want a ‘Lalande After Dark’ series!

11h

Elizabeth McDonald

Sad to see Maria has left for warmer climes and sesame filled fare. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

11h

Michael T

Thanksgiving preparations are going on all over the place. I'll serve three desserts as the contribution for my party--- all just a few hours out of the freezer and served at room temperature. Yes, a bakeless Thanksgiving feast here as always! I'll definitely be envious of Lalande's cornucopia of homemade dinner courses.

11h

Kelsey Heard

Give the clematis a third season before pulling! I've read that they have very complex root systems and it typically takes 3 seasons to begin to see them in all of their glory.

11h

Lisa Freitas

I agree your hair color is gorgeous! Love the snippets of everything that’s happening! Happy Thanksgiving and looking forward to Advent! Love from New Mexico!

11h

Joanne Davidman

Loved the snippets so glad all is well with everyone. Sad Maria needs to go but glad she has Greece to go to

11h

Paul & Hilary Gribble

Brilliant collection of clips. Really enjoyed this format.

11h

Michael T

Seems Wednesday was a workfest at Lalande and an afternoon postal package delivery was missed. But not to worry, Thursday's deliveries will likely be three fold! Happy Thanksgiving to all. Looking forward to the screening of The Chateau Diaries' turkey and gourmet goodies extravaganza.

11h

Stephanie Jarvis

oooh, what did we miss?

10h

Michael T

As Howard Carter said to Lord Carnarvon, "Yes, wonderful things!"

6h

Susan Stephens

Fun to see the snippets of behind the scenes life. Your hair is beautiful Stephanie. Annaleise is so talented. Thanks for sharing.

11h

Emma Young

It's not summer without a courgette glut!!!!! It's a standing joke in my mums village (she's a couple of hours away from you) not to leave windows or doors open or you might find a neighbour has left you a basketful!!!

11h

Jane Nunn

lovely package of videos Steph! xo love to Philip and all

10h

emma sweeney

That was so much fun, I was smiling the whole time. I will miss Maria's sense of humour though, hope she had lots of sesame! That's for the great editing as always.

10h

Victoria Nilsen

Loved all the slices of Lalande life. Happy Thanksgiving from Virginia 😊

10h

Gail Goldys

This was a lot of fun Thank you

10h

MaryEllen Meekins

Loved that you got to try some of America's classic holiday foods! I think you look even better as a darker blonde! It suits your skin tone better I think. Oh no Maria is gone! Bye Maria, come back please! There is many moments I enjoyed in this video especially Antoine building that Lego set. Keep up the great work you guys!

10h

Carol Lyman

Happy Thanksgiving, joyous as usual. 💖 to all.

10h

Rachel Roberts

Really enjoyed watching all the little snippets from behind the scenes and I'm super excited for Christmas!!

10h

Catherine S Miller

I really enjoy this type of vlog that is a compilation of clips from around the chateau. Excited for the Advent series to begin!

10h

Lisa Akinlabi

LaLande is always a hub of busy bees, never a dull moment. I bet the food will be so delicious! Hope you all have a fun Thanksgiving. We had our Canadian Thanksgiving in October so it seems like 2 months of celebration already.LOL I can't wait for your Christmas vlogs.

10h

Amadee

Happy Thanksgiving Lalande !

10h

Jason Dubey

Thanks for the fun update!

10h

Dorit Bergen

The walled garden is looking terrific! What a change from a year or two ago. Well done, Kirsty and Dan and everyone else who has been working on it.

10h

Anne Thompson

Hilarious !

10h

Maggie Alegre

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I’m thankful for this lovely Chateau and the family of LaLanders who bring such joy to our community! And it was great to see Annalise again.

9h

Leah Hamdaoui

Your hair looks fabulous Stephanie!! Really really suits you. Analise is a masteress at her craft !!!

9h

Elisabeth

I will miss Marie's wonderful sense of humor. Happy to know she'll be back next year.

9h

Lisa Broucek Mattson

So glad the Americans are there to show most of what we devour at Thanksgiving!! I know turkey’s are hard to find over there but I’m very curious about the ‘Turkey pie’ !!?!? Love your hair by the way!!

9h

Lynn M

Happy Thanksgiving to all! See you soon Marie! Have fun.

9h

Julia Cobb

I am boycotting Thanksgiving this year after 65 years of cooking, cleaning and in general exhausting myself, I’m enjoying the day. Having a steak and baked potato-both easily done with a green salad. No leftovers, no hassle and my family is beside themselves😂 Fending for themselves. Presently listening quietly to Pavarotti and watching you.

8h

Nicole Thijs

Stephanie I send several messages trough different channels in regards to a package with bulbs you recieved this monday from me. Was send by Farmer Gracy and Philip signed for it?

8h

Jayne Grunnill

Those are lovely bulbs!I buy them.

1h

MCMatz

Ooh! I love the green in Philip’s study! May I inquire as to what paint it is? It’s perfect!

7h

MCMatz

I love the new hair color, Stephanie! It’s lovely. 😊 Don’t be afraid to go into darker, richer blondes. They suit you! ✨💜✨

7h

Christine VR

Stephanie that darker blonde looks beautiful on you! Annalise is so talented. FYI I recommend using Olaplex No 3 weekly to help your hair cuticles “heal” from constant dyeing and drying. It’s not a shampoo - it’s a bond reconstructor. My daughters who have bleached and dyed their hair a rainbow of colours over the years swear by it! Works a charm!

7h

Lisa Marutz

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL 🍁🧡🦃

7h

Gabrielle Gervais

Maria! You will be missed

7h

Virginia McMillen

I have never received a patron card, do they take a really long time to get through them all?

7h

Barbara Millet

Yes, it does take awhile. It took 5 months for mine. But it's worth the wait for the beautiful card.

6h
Load reply

Jessie Cherry

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada🍁 I will sure miss Maria's humor and amazing meals!!

6h

Sherry Skogstad

For Pecan pie try replacing 1/2 the corn syrup with Maple syrup. It is much less sweet, also add some whiskey and cinnamon

6h

Tina Winther

Happy Thanksgiving to All 🐿 and a Magical Advent Time 🍁🧡💛🤎🕯

6h

Barbara Millet

I hope you like the green bean casserole. It is a staple of the American Thanksgiving dinner. Our family loves it. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

6h

Michael T

Okay, just an odd little side note to framed artwork above the bed: In California it's not wise to hang anything heavy with sharp corners or a mirror, for example, above the bed due to potential earthquake hazards. Still, we do it anyway and hope our luck doesn't run out one of these days!

4h

Jennifer Campbell

Yes, I too love the darker hair. Can’t wait to see the Thanksgiving fun. The pies look amazing! And Philip will be in his element dressing the room and table. Antoine is adorable along with Pharaoh Scooby Doo! Life, Love and Laughter enough for everyone!

4h

Chappell Holt

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Stephanie, I love the hair color, really lovely and flattering. Love to all. I have sent a gift for you that should arrive this week.

4h

Sheri Tiner

I love the new hair color!

3h

Teresa Seehafer

Happy Thanksgiving!! I just love your hair a little darker! Maria will be missed.❤

2h

Daniel Hammond

Hopefully the battery charger will be useful at some point in the future even though you didn't need it immediately! Loving Antoine's new treasure! Thank you for another epic video and have a fabulous weekend!

2h

Jayne Grunnill

Love the Scooby do Playmobil.Going into Santa's sack for my grandchildren. Love a shiny knob:)

1h

Elena Chin Dundas

Yes I Loveed the sneak peeks , your hair looks beautiful,she’s really talented in what she’s doing 💇🏼‍♀️🎨, the pies looked delicious 🥮 and the rooms gorgeous! 🖼Since there was no crying when Maria left I assume she’s coming back 🤩👏🏾👏🏾 Looking forward to seeing that room! Have a great weekend ❤

36min

Selina Wilson

OMG, I'm so excited for advent and a return to my favourite season by the sounds of it. Fantastic!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Take note Fanny, it's not about high margins, it's about quanties. Which will bring much more revenue your way then selling to the financially comfortable few.
Fanny should know this. Think of patreon, it's the number of low level patrons that bring in the monies, not the few high tier patrons, I think.

Reactions: 13
"I have of late - but wherefore I know not, lost my mirth."
Act II, scene II - Hamlet. W.S.

So tired with back pain. I'll continue to read, but for now I've nothing to add until my mirth joins me once again.

I enjoin you all to take care of each other - please - do it despite the recent bitching. Best wishes, stay safe all. ❤
Back pain is so draining. Hope you're feeling better soon x

• Heart
6E009AD6-7F61-4008-A3A3-1BD4E0752A26.jpeg

She looks like she just had quick sex in the bathroom. Her hair looks like someone grabbed it for thrusting purposes. She looks exhausted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Since retiring a year ago, I've been teaching myself to crochet from You Tub tutorials. I still can't follow a pattern but have made two lacy baby shawls and 3 blankets in different patterns.
I knit for my grandchildren although the eldest (now 10) has outgrown hand knits. The little ones love pretty little boleros, Fair Isle sweaters, etc. I don't have the patience to knit adult sizes.
I'm always gobsmacked that so many people say that they can't crochet but they knit. I find crochetting so much easier because you only have one stitch that can fall (not sure of the wording, do you know what I mean ?)
I do both.

• Heart
I didn't think much to this weeks to be honest-Fanny's decor may not be to everyone's taste but at least there is some style (I like the entrance hall) Amy and Mr Bean's just looks horrific.
It's a home with two kids, been in the family for yonks, the parents work hard, and seem have no ostentations like others I could mention 😁.
I think it is just 'normal' neglect. Reminds me of 'Sunday best' of the landed gentry in the country in the UK. The older and the more moth eaten the Aran sweaters the more credible! :)🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
It's a home with two kids, been in the family for yonks, the parents work hard, and seem have no ostentations like others I could mention 😁.
I think it is just 'normal' neglect. Reminds me of 'Sunday best' of the landed gentry in the country in the UK. The older and the more moth eaten the Aran sweaters the more credible! :)🥰
Oh no it looks exactly what it is- two people with no discernible taste schlacking round auctions and brocantes to buy antiques because they had no furniture and rather than looking evolved it looks exactly what it is thrown together and like an auction show room, slung together. Having children doesn't mean there has to be junk everywhere it was a tip

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.