The Chateau Diaries #195 Fraudster Fanny & fraudsters Fleuries, pot and kettle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If one knits with wool and other natural fibers, it can be quite a bit of money. But, natural fibers give you a much better finished product than an acrylic yarn. But, we buy according to our budget. (I do use acrylic blends for blankets because I want to wash them in the machine instead of hand wash.

During lockdowns, my mother and I made what are called ear savers, which are a crocheted strap with two buttons on it (one at each end) to go behind your head to hold the straps of your mask to save the wear and tear on your ears. We made hundreds of them and donated them to the local hospitals for the nurses and doctors. After all this time, they no longer use them, so we have several dozen of them in storage, and we'll get them out again if the need arises. until then, they're taking up space in the yarn closet.

I just went down a rabbit hole on Kate Davies website - beautiful stuff! I have a couple of her patterns saved on a fiber website for future projects! Her use of color is astounding! Thanks for the link!
When did you learn to knit? I learned when I was 5 years old. My older sister was 7 years old and was in a knitting class. I was bouncing around watching everything and the teacher made an exception to her “ you must at least be 7 years old to be in my knitting classes” rule. So I learned to knit and made a sleeveless vest to wear over a turtleneck or shirt. It was made from the groovy 70’s yarn that had segments of different shades of dyed colors (green and blue) . Quite the fashion statement.

I wore it to kindergarten. My teacher asked who made my vest, and I told her that I did and the teacher did not believe me. Then my mother told the teacher that I learned how to knit and made the vest myself. Such vindication in my 5 year old mind. But then I went too far. I told my teacher that my mother made me make all my clothes. That statement was Immediately corrected by my mother so my vindication was short lived.

I could never get the hang of crochet. I need to practice and learn . The Mckitten would like for me to make her this crocheted sofa.

Nd9GcTnCq0XJZVxRZON909ICAvCwNUhr9b-vJm5wg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Nd9GcR8hzSE-eyjTzbj1YEwrIqP4hlUkKKAvBEEnA&usqp=CAU.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
When did you learn to knit? I learned when I was 5 years old. My older sister was 7 years old and was in a knitting class. I was bouncing around watching everything and the teacher made an exception to her “ you must at least be 7 years old to be in my knitting classes” rule. So I learned to knit and made a sleeveless vest to wear over a turtleneck or shirt. It was made from the groovy 70’s yarn that had segments of different shades of dyed colors (green and blue) . Quite the fashion statement.

I wore it to kindergarten. My teacher asked who made my vest, and I told her that I did and the teacher did not believe me. Then my mother told the teacher that I learned how to knit and made the vest myself. Such vindication in my 5 year old mind. But then I went too far. I told my teacher that my mother made me make all my clothes. That statement was Immediately corrected by my mother so my vindication was short lived.
I could never get the hang of crochet. I need to practice and learn . The Mckitten would like for me to make her this crocheted sofa.
Since retiring a year ago, I've been teaching myself to crochet from You Tub tutorials. I still can't follow a pattern but have made two lacy baby shawls and 3 blankets in different patterns.
I knit for my grandchildren although the eldest (now 10) has outgrown hand knits. The little ones love pretty little boleros, Fair Isle sweaters, etc. I don't have the patience to knit adult sizes.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
:oops::eek:
Looks like my mother is sending the results of her knitting sessions to Lieland.

Better them than me. :m
As a child I had to wear this stuff. Yes, she has the same taste as Beryl 🤢🤮

The two knitters you linked @billybudd make beautiful pieces, especially the first one.
Apparently there's this revolution in knitting among PhD women -- both Davies and Ford are doctoras, I believe -- based on punk straight edge DIY ethos. Other crafts too have benefitted from the input of very very clever and creative people, not just women. They were in the forefront of the blogging revolution and have really inspired a generation of makers. For example, Glasgow is now considered one of the hippest places in the world, due to its makers -- and Davies and her partner did a book about it.
Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 3.39.10 PM.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Patreon Flog.

She has just made out her and Phi Phi are editing at 1am in the morning and two volunteers still cooking until 1.15am and she just has a Scotch. Phi Phi serving her a Scotch and saying how mellow it is he is such a sycophantic turd.

Then morning of Thanksgiving or day before volunteer still cooking. Fanny is intermittent fasting so can't eat till four but busy working so won't need to eat.

Annalise arrives to do her hair. Maria is doing Patreon Christmas cards and Angel is cleaning candles and getting warm in dining room. Fanny wants to go darker blonde for winter. Phi Phi has lit a fire in his study so Annalise and Fanny goes up as Phi Phi has gone to get pizza. Phi Phi office is what was ear marked for Michael Petherick. Fanny says tomorrow is shiny knob day she is pissed and saying she is going to be polishing knobs.

Phi Phi wants Fanny to go ginger. Annalise has stayed so late so is staying the night.

Maria is leaving. But coming back for summer. Kirsty is growing yellow courgettes for summer and acting all simpering and girly which doesn't suit her. Then long discussion about Phi Phi's allergies.

Kirsty is splitting oregano bushes (are you still awake). Kirsty is going to build a substantial herb bed outside kitchen door but Fanny needs to consult Davy which means that is a no.

Phi Phi comes into the gardena and weaves blackberries through the arches that's his work for the day. Back to his office or as we all know his bedroom.

Oh Lord I am bloody losing the will- a bleeping chat and name check with all the DAHHHHHHHLING chickens.

Fanny and Phi Phi at super market and had to buy jump leads which also needed charging. It was the Mercedes that needed jump starting so bloody ages ago and Gerald is there they have been away. Timelines are really fucked as is the content we are back in October.

Amaury and Phi Phi have been doing lots of re jigging of paintings he is so talented. He's hung a painting inside the Roger bed- he is being so vile.

Then her an Antoine and Fanny playing with Scooby Doo in Egypt it is more than I can stand Fanny playing the biggest child

Seriously this is insulting and nauseating and no mention of any renovations or the accounts. Seriously filming her doing a Scooby Doo voice how low can you go you ridiculous woman

She has moved a sofa to where the sideboard was in the dining room all will be revealed in tomorrow FLOG. How will any of us sleep-it is a bigger cliff hanger than the end scene in Battle of the Bastards

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45

View attachment 1755534

View attachment 1755535
I learned to knit as a teenager. I used to babysit for our next door neighbor, and I asked her if she would teach me. I thought it would be fun, and I got the hang of it pretty easily, I think. I eventually figured out how to read a pattern and interpret what it was telling me to do. I also taught myself how to crochet (my grandmother used to crochet lace and doilies - I have her very small steel crochet hooks in her old Alka-Seltzer bottle). I had an aunt who was Down's Syndrome, and I would make blankets and rugs for her Barbie Townhouse. I made my sister-in-law a sweater out of Red Heart acrylic yarn (at the time, it was all I knew about, so it's what I used. It was the '70s, after all...), which she wore quite frequently. I stopped knitting while I was in college, and didn't knit while I was teaching - there wasn't much down time from after school rehearsals and directing musicals.

I learned a lot about natural fibers when I started knitting again about 12 years ago from knitting blogs on the internet, and then working in a yarn shop after I left teaching and moving to Oregon. My husband is a master knitter, and not afraid to knit lace table cloths or complicated patterns. I mostly knit to relax, or something for the grand babies if it's requested. I sent 11 knit hats to kids and grand babies in Wisconsin a couple of winters ago. Other than that, I knit things I really want to knit when the mood strikes.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
How often do they do the art show thing at their place? I assumed it was once a year.. I don't know why they would worry about hanging space when they propped up a lot of stuff, they could prop art on that gorgeous cabinet if needs must....
Not 100% sure but I felt the same as you do. What’s the big deal when it appears to be the perfect place for the piece. I hope it wasn’t a call out to their fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Patreon Flog.

She has just made out her and Phi Phi are editing at 1am in the morning and two volunteers still cooking until 1.15am and she just has a Scotch. Phi Phi serving her a Scotch and saying how mellow it is he is such a sycophantic turd.

Then morning of Thanksgiving or day before volunteer still cooking. Fanny is intermittent fasting so can't eat till four but busy working so won't need to eat.

Annalise arrives to do her hair. Maria is doing Patreon Christmas cards and Angel is cleaning candles and getting warm in dining room. Fanny wants to go darker blonde for winter. Phi Phi has lit a fire in his study so Annalise and Fanny goes up as Phi Phi has gone to get pizza. Phi Phi office is what was ear marked for Michael Petherick. Fanny says tomorrow is shiny knob day she is pissed and saying she is going to be polishing knobs.

Phi Phi wants Fanny to go ginger. Annalise has stayed so late so is staying the night.

Maria is leaving. But coming back for summer. Kirsty is growing yellow courgettes for summer and acting all simpering and girly which doesn't suit her. Then long discussion about Phi Phi's allergies.

Kirsty is splitting oregano bushes (are you still awake). Kirsty is going to build a substantial herb bed outside kitchen door but Fanny needs to consult Davy which means that is a no.

Phi Phi comes into the gardena and weaves blackberries through the arches that's his work for the day. Back to his office or as we all know his bedroom.

Oh Lord I am bloody losing the will- a bleeping chat and name check with all the DAHHHHHHHLING chickens.

Fanny and Phi Phi at super market and had to buy jump leads which also needed charging. It was the Mercedes that needed jump starting so bloody ages ago and Gerald is there they have been away. Timelines are really fucked as is the content we are back in October.

Amaury and Phi Phi have been doing lots of re jigging of paintings he is so talented. He's hung a painting inside the Roger bed- he is being so vile.

Then her an Antoine and Fanny playing with Scooby Doo in Egypt it is more than I can stand Fanny playing the biggest child

Seriously this is insulting and nauseating and no mention of any renovations or the accounts. Seriously filming her doing a Scooby Doo voice how low can you go you ridiculous woman

She has moved a sofa to where the sideboard was in the dining room all will be revealed in tomorrow FLOG. How will any of us sleep-it is a bigger cliff hanger than the end scene in Battle of the Bastards
Why is she fasting did she say ???

Reactions: 6
I crochet! It was one of the things the nuns would teach. When I "watch" netflix, I ussually crochet.
The longest project ever was a bed spread from merino wool. Crocheting calms my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 1753784
Tax fraud = Stephanie Jarvis and Co.

👇 Here is another example...

The Christley's have lived in my neck of the woods for the past few years. Here is what I know about them from my own experience and from some other locals:

I have seen Julie Christie at the local Publix grocery store in Brentwood, Tn. She drove up in a Bentley and wore sunglasses throughout all of her shopping expedition. I know some people who live on Lynwood Blvd., the location of the Christley's Belle Meade home. The neighbors hated the living near the Christleys because they frequently had camera crews at the house when they filmed the garage,the back porch,or yard scenes.

Julie didn't pay her bills until she was forced to do so. She had been sued on a real estate contract, had an an approximate $20,000 judgment levied against her, and evaded judgment 9 different times when her bank account was attempted to be be garnished for about $20,000 or so. It was only when a local judge issued an order that would enable the Sheriff to go to her home and take $20,000 of personal items to satisfy the judgment, that she coughed up payment. Many local businesses are wary of dealing with them. They have left many bills unpaid in the local Nashville area.

The majority of the Christley show is filmed on film sets, not in their actual homes.That is why you never see anything but basic decorations, etc. in their homes. The series has been heavily scripted from the beginning. They have a team of comedy writers who write the majority of the comedic one liners of Todd Christley. In person he is not nearly as witty. The family has to do several takes of scenes until Todd is satisfied. They don't mingle with any extras on the set.

Allegedly, Todd and Julie Christie have been keeping up the appearance of a close marriage for years for the show. They have separate bedrooms, not one bedroom like the bedroom set they film for the show, and basically live separate lives when they are not filming or doing press.

I have a friend that lives in the Westhaven subdivision and she thinks that Nanny no longer has the house in Westhaven that they filmed for the show. The granddaughter is in public school and I don't know if the high school aged son stayed in private schools when they moved from Belle Meade to Brentwood to live in their 11,000 sq foot mansion. Supposedly, they built the house to flip it, but couldn't, so they moved into it. All of their houses will be foreclosed on by the govt.

The Nashville, Tn real estate market is crazily over priced right now so the 3.2 million for the 11,000 sq foot house reflects the huge increases in the real estate market. Nashville has changed a lot in the past decade. Lots of people are moving to Tennessee from up north and from California. They sell their house for higher prices in their states and move to Tennessee where they can use the money and purchase much larger homes. Nashville and the surrounding areas have turned into subdivision after subdivision of overpriced mcmansions on half acre lots. The roads are coverburdened and it has become as crowded as Atlanta with houses, people, huge companies, skyscrapers, traffic, etc.

The majority of the several hundred acre horse farms around the Nashville community are gone, turned into subdivisions. Since it is the new "hot spot", every inch is being taken up for stores, condos, etc. It has changed the community immensely. Many children cannot afford to buy a home within 100 miles of Nashville because the housing market prices are very high and not everyone wants a 5,000+sq ft house. There is a lot of lavish and conspicuous spending now in the Nashville area, e.g., boats, cars, homes, clothing, jewelry, etc. and a lot of emphasis on money, money, money. It is sad to see how it has changed. Any other tattlers from this area, what do you think about what has happened to Nashville and the surrounding communities in the past decade.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Evening All, thanks @ComtesseRose for all the new threads and to those who've named them. Genius as always all of you ❤

I have kept off the grid of late for all sorts of reasons, but now I've caught up with CDs (normal hysteria and bullsit, DTM re-vamping an old window frame at the ruin (WTAF) , a bit of F4F's vlog with Amy & Hubster, Queen Kathy & Aiden saga, @Heathcliffe will be a VIP by Christmas, The Fleuries are taking the absolute piss out of their Patrons (that was given really), and last but not least, the last 3 threads or so in which our
@Clara Burnett 's integrity has been questioned and a Tattler went rogue !!!!! My head is bloody whirling.

F4F seems even more wired doesn't she. Could that be because she may have to shove the odd log on her about to be installed (we think), log burners??? Or the possible secret wedding plans????? Can't be due to lack of food. Maria seems to be excelling herself in the Shitoo Kitchen, though how PhiPhi spent 6, yes 6 hours making that bowl of slop, is beyond me. Such ham acting too from Steff as normal, praising his alleged culinary skills.
Oh and why would 'Brenda' give Fanny all those evening dresses ??? Where did she get them from ???? Why all the different sizes???? What did I miss????

The list is endless, I could go on, but I want to make it clear whilst I am of a certain age, I am neither menopausal these days, fat or gay. I am female obvs :)

On a lighter note, here's a fab Pumpkin Soup recipe I made on Monday @Le Baiseur , as I'm ploughing my way through a huge unused halloween pumpkin. It's very similar to what you described in a recent post. I was literally having some for lunch when I read it. What a weird coincidence. I sprinkle dried mint on top and it works as well as fresh. The dash of lime is genius and it only took me about 45 mins to cook !!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.