The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Brilliant all things are worth a go
I agree.
The only fear I always have about sharing anything in detail here is that it alerts the occupants at the HMN of our intentions. Nothing is private.
I really wish that Tattle Life could come up with a process whereby members could communicate with each other only via the site but, offline. Specifically for the above reason.
I used to be on a forum where you could turn that option "on/off" through your personal preferences.

Reactions: 7
I was not born or raised in the UK, and as such didn't have access to a healthcare system where orthodontic work was included.
I was also not that concerned about it thinking it was purely a cosmetic issue until it was explained to me that my misaligned bite will lead to early loss of certain teeth.
In my personal experience a lot of people in the UK suffer from some kind of dental issue and I understand why - just my regular hygienist and dentist check-up cost me £100. And I'm meant to have this every 3 months while undergoing orthodontic treatment. The Invisalign treatment was £5,000.

So no wonder Dan, like many others, let his issues become so advanced he lost teeth. In his case there were no other options but to have implants/crowns/veneers. But my personal advice to anyone here if you're not happy with your smile and money isn't an issue, go for braces first, use man-made teeth as a last resort only. They will never compare with your actual teeth in quality and resistance.

And also,
Agree with you massively! My misaligned jaw/teeth caused issues with breathing and affected speech. And crowded teeth are at increased risk of cavities.

Yeah with braces I was getting scale and polish every 4 months, and even now every six months because I have bonded retainers it defo adds up. I love a scale and polish though!! Feels squeaky clean after! Haha

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Jumping the line here - I haven’t read anything here yet this morning, but I just heard a very good tip for people in Florida. They always say fill up your bathtub so you can flush the toilet but this woman on the Weather Channel suggested also fill the washing machine with water. I had never heard that before and was like, “oh. Good idea!” I hope everyone is safe.
How is that supposed to help as the door won’t open if the machine has water in it or a total disaster if it does.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Using Clickbait - "Death at the Chateau" is appalling and disgraceful conduct.
Great title for a murder mystery though.

The haughty and greedy chatelaine of a half derelict French chateau is found dead, lying in a murky swamp, the sad remnants of the once vibrant lake she'd stupidly drained - her head stoved in. Was it an accident or murder? If murder, who is the culprit? A rival chateau who'd kill to be rid of the competition? Her co-owners who just want the witch gone so they can sell up and get the hell out! Is the murderer her gay Dutch toy boyfriend, more than half her age, who secretly coverts her riches, dress-up box and Givenchy secrétaire? His oily secret lover, sick of biding his time in Spain? Her Argentinian B&B manager who's bullying has led the chatelaine to threaten to terminate her working contract? The manager's lover, the carpenter and chatelaine's cousin who wants the chateau as his own and who will do anything for his Argentinian girlfriend? Was it the witch of a mother who, finally tiring of her sick daughter's machinations, decided enough was enough? The French Water Police who were blamed for her stupidity? A former volunteer who was starved into bedding the chatelaine? Was it the "horse-faced" former cook and faux florist? Who, after months away from the chateau has finally woken up to the nausiating love bombing of a false 'friend?' Was it the desperate American poster salesman superfan who finds himself ignored, even when he visits? The lesbian Bollinger loving friend who has, once again been ejected from the bedroom for not supplying a truck load of Champagne? The creepy chandelier supplier who hasn't been paid? Was it the tubby jolly English mate who, beer in hand, who has finally found out what's been said behind her back all this time? Was it the Dutch handyman, a former employee with a short fuse who's silly fae like girlfriend was mercilessly bullied by the manager? Could it have been the tree surgeon - is he a former jilted lover or just a bloke who liked to climb trees as a child and who never grew out of it. Perhaps it was the former gardener who, after securing the chatelaine's funding to buy his own chateau ruin, has had that funding withdrawn? Is the murderer the chateau insider who sought to keep her identity secret? Was it the token refugee who has discovered the French government subsidy, paid to the chatelaine in order to help the refugee survive, was spent on a trip to Venice? Maybe it was the current gardener who was laughed at when she complained about the destruction the peacocks wrought in the walled garden. Was it the cook? The cook who, oh no, finally snapped after finding yet another wet freaking sponge in the sink!

Everyone has a motive yet everyone has an alibi. The murderer could have been anyone - superfans who've woken up to the grift and want their money back, guests who have baulked at the cost of the meals and cheap boxed wine, the disgusting state of the dump and the lack of any progress on the restorations they've paid for, or the local mayor who's tired of deflecting complaints from local residents. Yes the murderer could have been anyone - including members of a certain online chat group who, sick of the wonton waste, lies and money grubbing, seek justice and recompense for all the tit everyone has had to put up with.

(©️ Iolair 2022). 🕶 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Yes. The problem here is that the fines do not matter a damn. Her patrons pay them! It will not bother her in the least.
And, don't forget, her earnings via the GAG too. All the import tax/duty from absolutely everything that ever arrives at the HMN for that vlog are deducted first, then PJ's salary for his videography role in that scam, (SJ has openly stated that fact many times), before any "allegedly" charitable donations are made - although, obviously, no receipts have ever been published to date! 🤮
Strange because, whenever I have made a donation to any charity, I have always received some kind of "thank you" type letter/email. More so being the case if you are a tax payer via Gift Aid. And even if you are a UK State pensioner, you are more than likely, unfortunately, still paying tax. So I am lead to believe!
Plus, of course, as has been said a million times here too, all the OTT postal costs involved in sending the "gifts" from all over the world too. Additional shocking waste of money. :rolleyes:
If my parent, sibling or any friend of mine were ever tempted to do the above, I would seriously stage an intervention to make them see the truly eyes wide open sense of "charity begins at home", e.g. local community and more needy, worthwhile causes.
Most UK charities have their own online sites these days where they auction off rare, expensive/valuable, collectible items etc or, as per usual, sell the remainder within their shops. You can even arrange collection if you are personally unable to deliver.
SJ's GAG channel physically makes me want to 🤮 Well, I think I have made that crystal clear, haven't I? :D
SJ's greedy scamming literally knows no bounds. She is out of control!

Reactions: 2
I just wanna say I too hope everyone in the path of hurricane Ian is safe and well. In amongst the jokes and shitoo criticism, I'm watching the updates on the storm.
Hope the tattle threads at least provide you a distraction from it all.
Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Jumping the line here - I haven’t read anything here yet this morning, but I just heard a very good tip for people in Florida. They always say fill up your bathtub so you can flush the toilet but this woman on the Weather Channel suggested also fill the washing machine with water. I had never heard that before and was like, “oh. Good idea!” I hope everyone is safe.
You can also get a plastic garbage can or two. Put it in the shower and fill those might be too late this time around

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The comeback to youtube was short lived - yet again, by the guy who tries to make money on Beatrix Potter. But in away I cannot be upset since he obviously has many issues and is the Peter Pan of the family. But i still want to know what went on behind the facade with him and F4F? And was Phiphi in the mix as a proactive member or just an accelerant?
I was wondering that too. Michael is a total rip off artist with his tracing skills. Talk about cringe. The only issues he has is being a damn spoilt brat. I have no sympathy for him at all.

Great title for a murder mystery though.

The haughty and greedy chatelaine of a half derelict French chateau is found dead, lying in a murky swamp, the sad remnants of the once vibrant lake she'd stupidly drained - her head stoved in. Was it an accident or murder? If murder, who is the culprit? A rival chateau who'd kill to be rid of the competition? Her co-owners who just want the witch gone so they can sell up and get the hell out! Is the murderer her gay Dutch toy boyfriend, more than half her age, who secretly coverts her riches, dress-up box and Givenchy secrétaire? His oily secret lover, sick of biding his time in Spain? Her Argentinian B&B manager who's bullying has led the chatelaine to threaten to terminate her working contract? The manager's lover, the carpenter and chatelaine's cousin who wants the chateau as his own and who will do anything for his Argentinian girlfriend? Was it the witch of a mother who, finally tiring of her sick daughter's machinations, decided enough was enough? The French Water Police who were blamed for her stupidity? A former volunteer who was starved into bedding the chatelaine? Was it the "horse-faced" former cook and faux florist? Who, after months away from the chateau has finally woken up to the nausiating love bombing of a false 'friend?' Was it the desperate American poster salesman superfan who finds himself ignored, even when he visits? The lesbian Bollinger loving friend who has, once again been ejected from the bedroom for not supplying a truck load of Champagne? The creepy chandelier supplier who hasn't been paid? Was it the tubby jolly English mate who, beer in hand, who has finally found out what's been said behind her back all this time? Was it the Dutch handyman, a former employee with a short fuse who's silly fae like girlfriend was mercilessly bullied by the manager? Could it have been the tree surgeon - is he a former jilted lover or just a bloke who liked to climb trees as a child and who never grew out of it. Perhaps it was the former gardener who, after securing the chatelaine's funding to buy his own chateau ruin, has had that funding withdrawn? Is the murderer the chateau insider who sought to keep her identity secret? Was it the token refugee who has discovered the French government subsidy, paid to the chatelaine in order to help the refugee survive, was spent on a trip to Venice? Maybe it was the current gardener who was laughed at when she complained about the destruction the peacocks wrought in the walled garden. Was it the cook? The cook who, oh no, finally snapped after finding yet another wet freaking sponge in the sink!

Everyone has a motive yet everyone has an alibi. The murderer could have been anyone - superfans who've woken up to the grift and want their money back, guests who have baulked at the cost of the meals and the disgusting state of the dump, or the local mayor who's tired of deflecting complaints from local residents. Yes the murderer could have been anyone - including members of a certain online chat group who, sick of the wonton waste, lies and money grubbing, seek justice and recompense for all the tit everyone has had to put up with.

(©️ Iolair 2022). 🕶 😉
Could it have been the oily friend in Spain to whom the shatalane lent association money but now needs it back?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
So I just look a look at her channel ...ugh is Selmar back? After she treated him like dirt? And using the death as click bait is so tacky!!!!

• Heart
Just a little reminder from my social media when I say WTF is she doing now!
My question; is there an epidemic of narcissism out there or are we just more aware of the behaviours and have labeled them?
OMG, unfortunately, both those quotes 100% remind me of my past N life partner.
I personally think that NPD has got to have defo increased during the past decade or so due to social media etc. Influencers and "covert" patreon scammers being top of the list!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think for him it's simply just play time. This is an easy and relatively relaxing job to do, like coloring for adults.
That lazy witch (Philip) could do one window per week for the next six months and be more than halfway there. Loser. AND they wait for “SLAVLINA” to finish the railing! LOSERS

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When we moved to France I felt it was important to find a good dentist. After our first visit I asked him how often we should visit for check ups (we used to go every 6 months in the UK). He was confused. So I asked again if check ups should be regular. He said no, once a year for a good clean if we wanted and then when a problem arose. I explained about the visits every 6 months in the UK and his answer was "ah oui, je comprends que les dentiste en Angleterre est tellement riche"! So we follow his advice. He is an excellent dentist, possibly the best I've ever had.
I do exactly the same nowadays. Hygenist every 4-6 months and then only see the dentist as and when a problem may arise.

Reactions: 2
I was wondering that too. Michael is a total rip off artist with his tracing skills. Talk about cringe. The only issues he has is being a damn spoilt brat. I have no sympathy for him at all.
Michael promised a “Fresh Start” in 2022…and then a “New Era” with his high tech camera purchase. But, he’s only released 8 videos in the last 9 months…and one of those videos was mostly footage that was shot in 2021. So…really no fresh start or new era…just same ol’ same ‘ol. I can only hope he’s taken a break this year to focus on himself and figure some things out. What’s frustrating about Michael is that he has so much potential, has demonstrated his skills with a camera, and has so much support from his family, but somehow manages to louse it up. I swear…if the guy has to make a life choice, he chooses unwisely just about every time! Yes, Michael gives me the impression that he has been used to the world revolving around him…coddled by his family, getting his way, relying on his looks, ability to charm others into getting what he wants…including his fans. Maybe, as he’s pushing 40 years old, he’s finally waking up and realizing that looks fade and he can’t talk or charm his way out of everything. He got a reality check last year when his fans revolted after his adventures in Spain and he couldn’t spin the story in his favor, It’s a hard truth.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Michael promised a “Fresh Start” in 2022…and then a “New Era” with his high tech camera purchase. But, he’s only released 8 videos in the last 9 months…and one of those videos was mostly footage that was shot in 2021. So…really no fresh start or new era…just same ol’ same ‘ol. I can only hope he’s taken a break this year to focus on himself and figure some things out. What’s frustrating about Michael is that he has so much potential, has demonstrated his skills with a camera, and has so much support from his family, but somehow manages to louse it up. I swear…if the guy has to make a life choice, he chooses unwisely just about every time! Yes, Michael gives me the impression that he has been used to the world revolving around him…coddled by his family, getting his way, relying on his looks, ability to charm others into getting what he wants…including his fans. Maybe, as he’s pushing 40 years old, he’s finally waking up and realizing that looks fade and he can’t talk or charm his way out of everything. He got a reality check last year when his fans revolted after his adventures in Spain and he couldn’t spin the story in his favor, It’s a hard truth.
100% Agree with that, and he stiffed his patreons but wanted people to purchase artwork from him? That was a slap in the face as well. He's one of those I know everything in my mind, but in reality I know nothing. His channel was so promising at first then it tanked badly. That buy me a coffee scheme pissed me off royally. You are right, he has a lot of skills and talent but just doesn't use them to his full advantage. I would have loved a follow up on the ghost video he did months back and alot of people were asking about it. He doesn't follow up on things. Sadly.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.