The Chateau Diaries #181 I really don't have it in me to deal with more 🐒💩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've thought that too, or injection marks on his arm? Strange Fanny was drawing attention to it today, she usually doesn't.
If he is wearing long sleeves for those reasons...... Fanny is a witch to draw attention to it.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
and, you would think that they knew the chimney people were coming an that the fireplace would of been ready. No Amaury is doing demo on the day off. Also you would of thought that the chimney people would of looked at the fireplaces before agreeing to do the work. SMH. Well it can't be to much of an emergency they still went to Disney!
It's more of her bullshit. Just a proven technique to delay work and pretend they need extra money for hiring more expensive stuff. They have inspected the chimneys before so she knew about their state a long time ago. She even filmed Matt getting on the roof to line that same chimney, and Dan helping to install it from underneath. Her Korsakoff Syndrome must be kicking in. It's either that or she doesn't give a tit about the intelligence of her own fans or our skills in digging up the evidence. More of the same and still bullshit.

I simply do not believe that a professional wouldn't bring that up during a regular clean.
It has been brought up by a professional chimney sweep years ago, several times, up to the point that said sweep refused to work there ever again, because no action was taken to correct the dangerous situation. Stephanie Jarvis however just doesn't care. She forgets about it and when somebody brings it up or she otherwise forced to revisit the subject, she hires some new expat amateur to come investigate, telling her the same disastrous reality for her to move away from again.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
She has never had those chimneys swept, because she has no idea how to get to them....and no idea that there are multiple flues in them. Looks like wood burners won't be installed. Off to Disney....
Back in the days when she had guardians who actually cared about the place they arranged to get the chimneys swept every year. They also pointed it out to her that she needed to have them swept every year and have evidence of the work for it being done, because otherwise the insurance would not pay out in case of a fire. No surprise she hasn't listened: by showing the dramatic state of her chimneys for all to see, her insurance (if she has any, still undetermined) has every reason to doubt her maintenance management and thus every reason not to pay her in case of a fire.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Omg…

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮
🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮

New thread title suggestion

“Can’t finish the grand salon. We’re broke. Spent a month of Patreon $$$$ at Disneyland!”
Wish someone send Phillipa a pair of rugby boots for the gift grab. Boy's stuff even!

Back in the days when she had guardians who actually cared about the place they arranged to get the chimneys swept every year. They also pointed it out to her that she needed to have them swept every year and have evidence of the work for it being done, because otherwise the insurance would not pay out in case of a fire. No surprise she hasn't listened: by showing the dramatic state of her chimneys for all to see, her insurance (if she has any, still undetermined) has every reason to doubt her maintenance management and thus every reason not to pay her in case of a fire.
Well who says she doesn't want a fire there. Its the only way she'll get rid of the joint. Château is a millstone around her neck. Who would buy it now? It's going to cost a fortunte making it habitable. Not luxurious or comfortable, habitable. With the château burned down, she can take the patreon funds and disappear with Phillipa.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
That was interesting... both Amaury's parents said 'I love you' to Snorts, and he didn't say anything back... Do dutch people have an issue showing their feelings? Or is he just an asshole?
It's an act and he knows it. The parents were asked by Stephanie Jarvis to show more appreciation for Snorts because she realizes its becoming more and more of a problem that her boyfriend is little loved. I know this because I have seen the memo, not literally of course but heard from various sources she asks people to address Snorts with the respect she thinks he deserves. It does not help, obviously, au contraire: it makes him more of the laughing stock.

so I was a bit surprised he just ripped it down without knowing whether they could get a cherry picker or not.
The whole cherry picker not being high enough is a smoke and mirror story made up by Editing Stephanie. There was no reason to be concerned about it and there was no reason for Armoir to start demolition works early because they knew they were not going to install flue liners that day. Delay is like crack to the charlataine.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Had three log burners installed at my house last year. Company came out and did full inspection of the chimneys and tested them. A prerequisite of installation is they are fully swept just prior to installation. The guy also advised on scaffolding etc so once again Fanny seems to be spouting horse tit. I bought the burners from the same company and they all have to be to code to ensure your insurance is valid.

Reactions: 21
Just lost 25 mins of my life watching that tit-o!
don’t know about anybody else but when I know I’ve got workmen coming to my house I usually make sure that room is cleared so they can just get on with it.
Once again why getting a guy from the UK to do the job? Looks like the other guy was French though.

Reactions: 16
Just lost 25 mins of my life watching that tit-o!
don’t know about anybody else but when I know I’ve got workmen coming to my house I usually make sure that room is cleared so they can just get on with it.
Yep not chipping out the chimney same day and moving all her clutter

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Had three log burners installed at my house last year. Company came out and did full inspection of the chimneys and tested them. A prerequisite of installation is they are fully swept just prior to installation. The guy also advised on scaffolding etc so once again Fanny seems to be spouting horse tit. I bought the burners from the same company and they all have to be to code to ensure your insurance is valid.
Apart from chimneys, wouldn't an insurance company get twitchy if an unstable building like the chapel is not fenced off to restrict access? This is a b&b allegedly.
I don't think that it falls under the category of b&b. It is more like a clubhouse for the patrons, the higher the patreon level the more the privileges, like higher priority when it comes to booking a stay at the club.

Reactions: 13
Exactly right. And as the economy worsens, the conspicuous consumption will become less popular. Maybe all the chateau channels will suffer. If people stop watching then her income will suffer. She employs Phillipa and Gnati from YouTube income. Allegedly.
That is exactly it - "conspicuous consumption". It sums it up completely. How much longer can she continue with her games of "oh, I got it wrong" and "how are we going to manage" when so many people are going without. And normal hard working people with jobs are desperately trying to work out how they are going to manage. How they will heat their homes and put food on the table. She is disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was forwarding through Dana's felafel-fest and wondered who was the young woman sitting next to Dan at dinner on the Lalande terrace. Perhaps she came with the Nailberry chateau couple? Friend of Dana? Friend of Dan?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
If he is wearing long sleeves for those reasons...... Fanny is a witch to draw attention to it.
I’ve often thought that Skullet is the kind of person most would avoid at all cost until you learn his back story, then you’d feel compassion for him and try to tolerate him a bit more. No friends, no life to leave behind?! I think he and SJ have one thing in common and that’s being ignored as a child, being shipped out to grandparents when off school and being/feeling very lonely.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
All the money spent on installing and purchasing wood burners could be going toward a proper heating system. I've lived with wood stoves and they need a lot of maintenance: chopping and hauling wood, adding wood throughout the day and night, daily cleaning out ash, and regularly clearing the narrow flue of creosote. They are more work than a fireplace because they are used more often. And they look ridiculous sticking out of beautiful historic fireplaces. Who is going to do all that extra work when Phi Phi can't walk across the courtyard without becoming faint? They only heat the room they're in, obviously, so where is the heat for the other 12 bedrooms she boasts of? And who in their right mind is bass ackward enough to hire an installation crew on a huge project like this before having an inspection? But alas, she will get a new injection of money from patrons who want to help the poor shitelaine with her newest catastrophe. It's so Lalande. I haven't found much to laugh about watching the farm lately...but Aumary's dad asking Phi Phi to take care of SJ made me spill my tea.
No stefphanding here:

I believe it is illegal to have wood burners installed in bedrooms. that's why it is all in sitting rooms or salons. TBH they do kind of live in there, fireplaces are not the most efficient way of heating since 70/80% of the heat is lost. Although a wood burner is not the prettiest solution, it does heat up a room more efficiently than a fireplace. I'm convinced she bought the wood burners to keep the family warm. if they keep the fire going, they just have to open a door to their bedrooms and it would be lukewarm in there too.

The work you have mentioned, I have been wondering about this too. Will Annmarie have to do this? I simply can't imagine PhiPhi chopping wood.

Reactions: 11
I can't bear to watch the shitshow, haven't got the time to readback on comments but I'd love it if it was found out her insurance was null and void due to the chimneys never being swept. Serves her right if they fall. She might be basking in the glow of her Patron Day but lets hope there is such a thing a Karma.

Also dear Tattlers and Tartlets, I will be taking my leave from you for a while. I'm travelling back to the UK today to be with my Mum as her cancer is getting worse and I have a horrible feeing we're now beginning the decline and I really won't know until I get there how bad things are. I will try and read now and then but it just depends what I'm walking into.

Laters Peeps xxxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
I can't bear to watch the shitshow, haven't got the time to readback on comments but I'd love it if it was found out her insurance was null and void due to the chimneys never being swept. Serves her right if they fall. She might be basking in the glow of her Patron Day but lets hope there is such a thing a Karma.

Also dear Tattlers and Tartlets, I will be taking my leave from you for a while. I'm travelling back to the UK today to be with my Mum as her cancer is getting worse and I have a horrible feeing we're now beginning the decline and I really won't know until I get there how bad things are. I will try and read now and then but it just depends what I'm walking into.

Laters Peeps xxxx
Travel safe, my heart goes out to you and your Mum. Sending healing thoughts and I pray things aren’t as bad as you fear. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Laters Peeps xxxx
Safe travels @JackSpratt

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Laters Peeps xxxx
Oh, Jack! So very sorry about your Mum! Do take good care of yourself. Care givers often forget about themselves when delving into care for a sick parent. We'll be thinking of you.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.