The Chateau Diaries #181 I really don't have it in me to deal with more 🐒💩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This weekend is the national Journées du Patrimoine in France. How many of the Chateauverse members will open their doors to the public I wonder...🤔
This is how to do it. Time, Thought, Effort, all lacking in HMN

• Heart
Reactions: 14
All this popup band talk is reminding me of my favorite, favorite flashmob chorus video evar.
How hot would it be if we all just materialized out of the trees at Lalande, with Halcyon spotlit on tower of the marquis' wing, and jammed until exorcism was achieved?
When I was at Girls State in the late 80’s I got a group of three hundred girls to sing You’ve Lost that Lovin’ Feelin’ to the only male we had seen in a week - he was working the desk in our residence hall. We were all wearing ball gowns. He looked like he wanted to die. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I also brought a cowbell with me. I was ahead of my time. My claim to fame was I was elected Coroner. My slogan was “If you Die, I Will Find Out Why!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm going to have to assume that not only did tatinette and tonton make the food they bought the meat as well. If it had in anyway been Fannyflashes responsibility there would have been no meat. And I have to say there is copious meat stuffing those aubergines. I don't think anyone would have left the table hungry on this evening. So I say kudos and bravo to tatinette and tonton for taking control of the food and the cooking. Amaury must be over the moon to be eating decent food again.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is great information.
Question: should some of us be using walkers/walking sticks/have dodgy arthritic knees etc - how do we get on board?
Another very important question: are there enough facilities on board to cater for the potentially weak bladders of some of the elderly? 😁(asking for a friend!)🥰😳

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm going to have to assume that not only did tatinette and tonton make the food they bought the meat as well. If it had in anyway been Fannyflashes responsibility there would have been no meat. And I have to say there is copious meat stuffing those aubergines. I don't think anyone would have left the table hungry on this evening. So I say kudos and bravo to tatinette and tonton for taking control of the food and the cooking. Amaury must be over the moon to be eating decent food again.
I suspect Tarte Tatin and Toto quite enjoy their grub, and that Chantal neither skimps on ingredients nor provides meagre rations. Quite a refreshing change to see food I'd actually eat!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There's many other flaws I don't forgive her for, I'm afraid. Her lack of responsibility for the misery her hedonistic life style causes others being on top of my list. It's time karma stops being a witch and simply settle the score, I'd say.

the biggest insult
They certainly are not. I'm clearly no fan of that woman's cooking, but her falafels are the biggest insult to calling her kitchen activities that: rubbery, tasteless, deep fried junkfood.
Vantheman would tell you Dan-ah has other talents!!!!!

Aunt Chantal gave me an idea what to eat for dinner.
This is the Turkish version with the gruesome name, slit open belly ☺

View attachment 1586375
I don’t know how anyone enjoys eating egg plant. 🤢 🤮

Another very important question: are there enough facilities on board to cater for the potentially weak bladders of some of the elderly? 😁(asking for a friend!)🥰😳
Rumour has it that Fill-Up enjoys “water sports” and can help the elderly out in that department. The older the better.”

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Looks so delicious, @Luna20 ,and top notch presentation (compared to the LaLa Tanti one!). Is it the same as "Imam bayildi"? (the Imam fainted because the dish was so heavenly good!) 🥰
Imam fainted (i adore those names) is a vegan dish, the stuffing is tomato's onions garlic and plenty of olive oil. while a slit open belly is made with beef.

I'm surprised that I haven't gained any weight yet in fact I have lost weight. (Steph you should try working hard & be as busy as a bee then you don't have to water down the wine),

• Heart
Reactions: 11
first i dont think its Gwens idea to buy the convent...i dont even think it was Gwens idea to buy the chateau...it was Billy..and she went along with it...in a way she is a very easygoing woman..she doesnt have a career of her own...Billy is wandering around on the estate..they both are well suited...and lucky to have the money coming in without doing anything..i have the same thing..but i dont like an empty life..i want people around me...getting things done...btw i hate renovations...i do the things i have to do...i put the slates back on the roof..i clean the gutters..i paint doors and windows..but thats about it....have to say i dont want an old convent...enough work already..
now when you put it this way, i never found her over-enthusiastic about everything. the other day, when they brougt that billiard or snooker table, she was around and when asked about it her response was more or less lukewarm.

I saw a photo of him on his combats and he just looked like every other officer. I’m sure it is the full dress uniform which makes the difference.
there is no such thing as "just like every other officer" for some od us. damn, sometimes i get wet seeing train conductor.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Do we know if Josie is staying as a paying guest or a volunteer? I guess whichever way she has her own room and is among friends... So why is she walking around with her handbag?!! Does she not trust these people (I wouldn't). And is that Louis Vuitton Alma bag the real deal (€1600) or a sunday market knock-off? With tante and Maria there, there can't be much cooking for her to do.

Reactions: 10
Saw this current photo from the shitoo. Hmmmmm so the dogs sleep/live here is my guess.
Hope that's not where they are having to sleep, poor dogs. they don't look to be young either. My two Lab cross sleep next to our bed,they need company.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You going to share a photo of your chocolate coated lab or deny us all the chance to say 'awww'? Save yourself the lab laundry headache from now on and get a cat, my dear Le Comte. Just don't get an Oriental. Ours is a water baby and he likes to plug sinks and turn faucets on so he can go paddling. I hear Ruby the cat needs a new home.
I have a Golden Retriever, also a water dog, but his Mumma forgot to tell him to love water. He won't go in the pool but does mind playing under the sprinkler. Bathing him is a nightmare as he won't keep still and then there is the shaking water off! I am not sure who get wetter, him or me!

I would take Ruby the cat.... 🐈💕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
now when you put it this way, i never found her over-enthusiastic about everything. the other day, when they brougt that billiard or snooker table, she was around and when asked about it her response was more or less lukewarm.

there is no such thing as "just like every other officer" for some od us. damn, sometimes i get wet seeing train conductor.
I grew up in Portsmouth and joined the MOD (as a civilian) at 18 so have been used to uniforms both Naval and later on Army.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Imam fainted (i adore those names) is a vegan dish, the stuffing is tomato's onions garlic and plenty of olive oil. while a slit open belly is made with beef.

I'm surprised that I haven't gained any weight yet in fact I have lost weight. (Steph you should try working hard & be as busy as a bee then you don't have to water down the wine),
I’ve been following the Mediterranean Diet since January of 2019 and have dropped 200+ pounds and gone from a 5X to a S/M. Plus most of my health issues have ceased. I’m still crazy as a loon but then that’s not weight related!😝

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
After liberally helping herself, tucking in and eating her fill, IJ would have been disgusted by the waste of money spent on food (and Philip), condemned her sister for being overweight, informed everyone what she would have done differently (and better) and when dinner was over, stamped off back to her apartment to have a good long moan about it all to Percy... all the while having copious amounts of gifted chocolates or shortbread with her nightcap. Had they all been blessed with a modicum of self awareness, everyone would have been appalled, while SJ would have merely been amused.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.