The Chateau Diaries #181 I really don't have it in me to deal with more 🐒💩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still don't understand why Amaury sticks around - for a perfectionist, it must be like hell living in CLL. He can't get on and do much because so much structural work needs to be done first.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hi gang! Back again after months away. What did I miss! lol
Wait...fanny has another house in France?
Also, I'm so bored with the dying garden and watching her cram everyone into the Marquis sitting room and the entrance hall. She had a perfectly good grand salon that she tore up for no reason other than vanity. I think she forgets she doesn't have any follow thru. When she finally does get someone to do the jobs, she sabotages them by having them do a million other things. I think this is her way of not having to outlay the actual cash for her pipe dreams. Remember last year when "Cuz" said the grand salon would be finished by Christmas? hahahahaha It's never getting done.
Welcome back @LurkingMeg! You did not actually miss much- simply more excuses, Patron Day, half-cocked renovation ideas, no heat for Winter 2022/23 for anyone there, and she's run off to Disney and planning her next 6 months of holidays. Ironically, Billy Petherick released a vlog a few days ago called, "We Bought This Abandoned Chateau", which was kind of a slap in the face to Fanny- I do not think it was intentional, but it showed how things were properly done to restore (I will give Billy this- he is an incredibly hard worker.) The important bits were sorted prior to anything else- the leaky roof, new electrics, new plumbing, and heat. Fanny cannot use the excuse of poverty any longer, as Patron certainly gave her a tidy sum, which she has squandered on tat, wallpaper, decorative gardens and furniture vice making the structure itself secure (roof leaks, absolutely NO heating, wonky plumbing, rotted windows, questionable electrics, structural issues with rotted and sagging beams). There is no common sense there- she is more concerned with the cosmetics versus repairing the important systems, which is a moot point with her, as she always has an excuse. It is akin to giving a 5-year old a large sum of money, and watching them just blow it on candy, Roblox and chicken nuggets!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Things are a bit spicy over on Fanny's cadeaux community tab.

P V
10 minutes ago
It has been a long time since you have made a smart decision Stephanie. This was a smart one.

Dee Pressland
9 hours ago (edited)
Good. IMHO, this channel should be totally shut down regardless of what today signifies, as just so fake and such a scam, end of story!
Sadly she's far too greedy to shut the gift grab down, if she's truly "donating to charity" the channel is a tax write off for her non patreon based channels, and she's still getting all the granny tit from the Stephmoonie cult members. She will FU and it will all tumble down....karma, karma, karma. What a sad little woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hello Tartlets (miss Dippy Hippy who coined this)…
It’s been quite a day, as it is everyday, everywhere. I’ve spent more time than I should have watching a recording of the live feed of the Queen’s service and am grateful to have learnt so much background here! The news everyday is severe- depending on where and when one is… a gestalt of life unfolding.
I wish you and your dear mother well @JackSpratt
I’m in a northern zone here (3) and fall is settling in quickly… my Rudbeckia are still going strong though.
0762F467-BC3A-497A-80B6-5C1929D70E90.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Thank you. Jaded by the whole patron open days, Isabelle fakery, nothing ever changing, Fanny getting away with it & feeling an undercurrent of something on here..anyway. I am limiting my time on social media..back into a different birdy style forum (not allowed to mention the name) & am finding it interesting again. I think it is a missed opportunity to set up parody Stephanie Jarvis/La Lande accounts.
Yes, I’ve wanted things to unfold more quickly/instant gratification would be nice.
Karma just takes longer sometimes (sadly)!
😨🤔🤨

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The band is back together. From Wendy pocket mouses latest photos. I cant keep track of timelines. Wendy was at Lalande after the patreon daze. Perhaps they caught up after Disneyland??
Seems they met at the Medieval Festival in Déols

That background has a sort of craft fair Renaissance Festival look. Have they mentioned anything about such in the last year?
Les Fêtes Médiévales sont un évènement ayant lieu à l'Abbaye de Déols les 17 et 18 septembre 2022.
Same time as the European Heritage Days!
Not that far from Lalalalande. In Chateauroux, to be precise. Ca. 54 km from The Shatoo.
My apologies if this has already been said, I am way behind. More important things to do yesterday. :cry:❤:cry:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Was there not one patron during those three days who displayed even a hint of having second thoughts? Not one? Not a plus one?
If there was, and I am not ruling out the possibility, they did not voice their concerns in any way.

@Clara Burnett what exactly does miss nasty do all day?
I couldn't tell you if I wanted to! She's often behind that desk, staring at the screen of her laptop, pretending to be very busy, although I hardly ever have seen her typing or on the phone.

Duh in other words blissful ignorance 🙄
Nothing blissful about what they are lacking, I'm afraid.

I am curious how Dana is generally received now… is she a real “lalalander” (🤪🤢), or does she use her historical connection so that she can insert herself into the club?
SJ and Dana likely have some messed up reciprocal understanding.
Phyllis and Dana seem like chalk and cheese. In her latest falafel flog, she is cooking at the HMN. Several interruptions and loud going-ons in the background… seems rude. Phyllis also interrupts in the background. In a sarcastic/joking tone, Dana asks what’s going on and he says in a very whinny and passive aggressive tone “I’M GETTING WINE”. Then proceeds to loudly pick up his convo and giggling with whoever.
Tit-for-tat is one way to deal with a passive-aggressive know-it-all, but I suspect that even the lalalanders and fake lalalanders are more mature than that.
As I've explained before, nobody really likes Dana, she is just not very likable to begin with, loud and obnoxious. They endure her because she cooks and cleans and provide an easy gateway to local matters.

How were you able to be at the patron days?
You really want me to answer that?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Welcome back @LurkingMeg! You did not actually miss much- simply more excuses, Patron Day, half-cocked renovation ideas, no heat for Winter 2022/23 for anyone there, and she's run off to Disney and planning her next 6 months of holidays. Ironically, Billy Petherick released a vlog a few days ago called, "We Bought This Abandoned Chateau", which was kind of a slap in the face to Fanny- I do not think it was intentional, but it showed how things were properly done to restore (I will give Billy this- he is an incredibly hard worker.) The important bits were sorted prior to anything else- the leaky roof, new electrics, new plumbing, and heat. Fanny cannot use the excuse of poverty any longer, as Patron certainly gave her a tidy sum, which she has squandered on tat, wallpaper, decorative gardens and furniture vice making the structure itself secure (roof leaks, absolutely NO heating, wonky plumbing, rotted windows, questionable electrics, structural issues with rotted and sagging beams). There is no common sense there- she is more concerned with the cosmetics versus repairing the important systems, which is a moot point with her, as she always has an excuse. It is akin to giving a 5-year old a large sum of money, and watching them just blow it on candy, Roblox and chicken nuggets!
Bravo!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wendy posted pics on Escape to Lalande and more on Facebook I commented on a photo of Fanny wearing pants. She replied "Phillips tries to get her to wear separates but it confuses her and dresses are simpler" at the risk of revealing my true self I deleted the comment and the reply was deleted also. I am sure someone somewhere could find it again... as nothing is really deleted. I just had to come here and share....she can't put articles of clothing together???? so wears one piece dresses???? Does she have some sort of learning disorder? deficit? How do you get to be almost 50 and not know how to dress yourself??? Makes sense why she keeps LIP around he is her Crutch so she doesn't have to be any kind of a grownup-- I am now feeling sorry for her the poor demented soul.
How on Earth did she manage to get a degree from Oxford. I mean, with this kind of idiocy she must have just barely passed each subject. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 24
No stefphanding here:

I believe it is illegal to have wood burners installed in bedrooms. that's why it is all in sitting rooms or salons. TBH they do kind of live in there, fireplaces are not the most efficient way of heating since 70/80% of the heat is lost. Although a wood burner is not the prettiest solution, it does heat up a room more efficiently than a fireplace. I'm convinced she bought the wood burners to keep the family warm. if they keep the fire going, they just have to open a door to their bedrooms and it would be lukewarm in there too.

The work you have mentioned, I have been wondering about this too. Will Annmarie have to do this? I simply can't imagine PhiPhi chopping wood.
Whatever... :rolleyes: The indentured servants, I mean volunteers, will soon see the addition of the wood burner jobs to the kitchen chalkboard. Anyway, my point is lost here. The money this will cost is NOT going toward installing a proper heating system or double-glazed windows that will benefit the whole house. They better get those water bottles ready. Did the attack insulation job ever get completed? Watch this space...or not.
A few other things I found after 5 minutes on the internet: the fees for wood-burning stove installation have gone up around 29% since new French laws were passed in 2020. Apparently, emissions are a big deal right now in France but they can be controlled with the right product rating which is given to very expensive wood burners. And the insurance needed to have these in your home is very specific regarding regulations and inspections, plus the insurance rates will go up.
I loved the look on the French guy's face when he looked at the state of her chimney and declared it unfit - he had to be thinking "what an idiot this woman with the pink phone is."

Whatever... :rolleyes: The indentured servants, I mean volunteers, will soon see the addition of the wood burner jobs to the kitchen chalkboard. Anyway, my point is lost here. The money this will cost is NOT going toward installing a proper heating system or double-glazed windows that will benefit the whole house. They better get those water bottles ready. Did the attack insulation job ever get completed? Watch this space...or not.
A few other things I found after 5 minutes on the internet: the fees for wood-burning stove installation have gone up around 29% since new French laws were passed in 2020. Apparently, emissions are a big deal right now in France but they can be controlled with the right product rating which is given to very expensive wood burners. And the insurance needed to have these in your home is very specific regarding regulations and inspections, plus the insurance rates will go up.
I loved the look on the French guy's face when he looked at the state of her chimney and declared it unfit - he had to be thinking "what an idiot this woman with the pink phone is."
I mean attic insulation - my head hurts from all the eye-rolling.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I still don't understand why Amaury sticks around - for a perfectionist, it must be like hell living in CLL. He can't get on and do much because so much structural work needs to be done first.
He's hanging around because either he gets paid or.... Mummy and Papa have bought the bad guy's share. 90% ownership in the family. Then, SJ marries Potts and they've got it 100%. Or
He's idle and the pace suits him. He can potter.

I think Wendy Grimwood might need mental help she is obsessed. Really? The kitchen is off limits to guests? No one is allowed to use the sacred toilet? When did Stephy go visit Selmar? As usual I am 3 threads behind.
This is part of the problem named Nutty, the Argentinian Bully. This is also why she takes office in the small salon next to the kitchen: to enforce the rule that paying guests can not go into the kitchen. The corridor with the "sacred" bathroom is indeed past the kitchen, but is easily accessible from the outside; from both courtyards actually. Nutty's regime however is so strict, nobody dares to ask.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
This is part of the problem named Nutty, the Argentinian Bully. This is also why she takes office in the small salon next to the kitchen: to enforce the rule that paying guests can not go into the kitchen. The corridor with the "sacred" bathroom is indeed past the kitchen, but is easily accessible from the outside; from both courtyards actually. Nutty's regime however is so strict, nobody dares to ask.
To be fair most hotels /b&d would discourage 'guests' from going into the kitchen. However, I'm of the view that this château is more of a club house for patrons rather than a bona fide B&B. But even in a club house the kitchen is generally off limits.

Reactions: 17
It was also a fun coincident that he posted his "we are prepared - heating will work even if there is a blackout" video at the same time as Steph's "Heating? What heating?" vlog :p

• Haha
  • Heart
Not St. Kathy of Lidl, FKA Queen Kathy coming up with our next thread title.

Fanny Four Flues

Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 10.14.17.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
That opening sequence shot is a crazed lepidopterist's wet dream. Imagine, a comically over sized net, an extremely large butterfly jar, and with a very large specimen board to pin one on. It'd be a struggle, but with a little luck and nine inch nails, it's do-able.
I never knew giant Monarch butterflies scampered and gibbered like chimpanzees!🧚🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Ok, since Philip has declared it fall and we are almost in October, I have decided to attempt to carve a portrait into a pumpkin. I’ve always wanted to do it and I think I can. Of course starting with Stephanie or Philip. Maybe if I’m good at it, a few other Lalande background characters too. Does anyone have any photo reference suggestions for me? 🎃
@Jules100 I admire your creative. Portraits are difficult and time consuming. Here is my suggestion.

1663665285446.png

oh-please-you-two-are-made-for-eachother.gif

1663666216930.png

@Jules100 I admire your creative. Portraits are difficult and time consuming. Here is my suggestion.

1663665285446.png

oh-please-you-two-are-made-for-eachother.gif

1663666216930.png
CREATIVITY 😶

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Sadly she's far too greedy to shut the gift grab down, if she's truly "donating to charity" the channel is a tax write off for her non patreon based channels, and she's still getting all the granny tit from the Stephmoonie cult members. She will FU and it will all tumble down....karma, karma, karma. What a sad little woman.
People like Stephanie usually can skate right through karma. Because they do not care about reality. I’ve known a few people like her and no matter what happens they can overcome with more lies and manipulation. If people wise up, they just find a new batch to gaslight. No one can say the “right” things to make them change long term because they are only concerned with the how they can win today. If things catch up with them, they are happy to be the victim “for the win”. This is a good place to discuss our frustrations, there are many, but I personally am facing the facts here that narcs don’t change.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think some of the Patrons could have been overwhelmed by the number of “support staff” that Fanny had travel to the Dump to provide an almost one on one supervisory role during the Patronfest. That alone could be intimidating and quash questions. As well as Fanny fortressing herself in one room at the Dump so she could control everything and not be ambushed or surprised by anyone.

Any patron would have been greatly outnumbered by the Dump crew.
I think they would have been delighted at having so many cast members available to mingle with. They think they were being sociable when in fact they were monitoring them.

Spotted JTB greeting the hearse at Windsor, and marching behind -- but not with the household, which is the group with the 7'2" press secretary ahead of JTB.
He's never been the Queen's PPO, but rather is the former commander of the Royal Guard, Balaclava Company (single light infantry), Royal Scots Reg, which served at Balmoral as an honor guard. He is no longer the commander, they have a new one, and JTB is in the employ of Charles as his equerry. I still don't understand why he's in the procession, outside the Queen's household group, not wrangling Harry -- the family was absent from this procession -- unless it is as Charles' representative?
In any case, glad to see our Johnny present in the extraordinary energy these massive crowds marching in unison create. Hopefully a benevolent tide to float the Queen home.
(The surtitle refers to former military equerries to the Queen, who form the inner ranks next to the hearse, in various uniforms.)

View attachment 1591231
View attachment 1591230
The Queens Fell pony Emma on the side lines.. 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.