The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our faithful Major Jonathan Thompson walked in the Queen's cortege today, the only kilt in the panoply. I know he would be proud to represent.
He walked one rank behind Prince Harry, following, I think, the Duke of Gloucester.
He was the second person the King spoke to, after the Archbishop of Canterbury, after the ceremony at Westminster Hall.
Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 7.59.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.30.57 AM.png

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Here’s a distraction…
Cute wee 8010. So thoughtful to include a before photo🤣.
View attachment 1576532
Also- who publishes such a thing about their mother. I’m embarrassed for them both.
View attachment 1576533
IJ was probably screaming on the inside about the unpacking of the dessert… thought she was going to pop-off in a rage!
View attachment 1576541
It really was a demolishment of dessert.. Was expecting Amoury to loan them a hammer & chisel. I was relieved to see they wore hygene gloves. IJ's face was a picture, she was on the starting blocks ready to catch it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My question, where was Davy, during Patron Days???

I didn't think it was especially strange, since I assume he has a job, lives in another country, etc. It's possible he was asked and simply couldn't go. With that said, I don't think he's been at the chateau as often as he was previously in the last few months... I'm curious to see if he'll be back for fall planting, I think Stephanie said they were ordering a lot of plants for fall.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
[Q
For a while there, I had appointed myself the self-proclaimed watcher of subscription growth between the Fluries and SJ.
Well...I've been slacking.
As of this month, Le Fleur is at a whopping 317k
While La Lande has increased to 205k

It seems the Fluries grow about six thousand subs a month, while SJ's growth is estimated to be around two thousand.

If I could also be so bold as to add: Narcissist behavior is not only found within our families and with a particular Chateau owner but also with people posting here. Nac's are everywhere. The grandiose feelings of self-importance can really show themselves within an anonymous forum and satisfy a need to be admired.
It's easy to spot them...they react quite savagely to criticism.
I 100% agree with you. :love:

Reactions: 2
... believe what you want or choose to believe. It's not about me and it never was. I will not be pushed out of anonymity to settle the discomfort for which I am not responsible in the first place.
The fineness of your apprehension of morality always reminds me of why I, the meanest of the meanest white people on earth, slave-owning Irish Protestants/Huguenots, love the Catholics. Assuming our little convo about the nuns training you well is still operative. Even if not, big hugs.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She wore them with the white 'see through' dress on open day.
Does anybody else feel that IJ didn't really know that her white "see through" dress wasn't transparent and unacceptable? AND, therefore, not 10%% appropriate for Patrons Day? Give me a break - she knew 100%! :rolleyes:
Really easy to now see why/acknowledge how Derrick's paintings came about, isn't it?
And, for the record, I feel that Percy is 100% a letch in any case and IJ, absolutely loves him being so.
Each to their own of course, BUT, please don't thrust that down your patrons/B&B guests' throats either - LITERALLY!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
There was no Ruthie book signing because there's clearly no more Ruthie. That ended months ago, although I'm pretty confident that by stating this here, we will soon see her reappear as if nothing was ever broken. I hope not, but that's just me. I never liked the little writing opportunistic Ruthie much and have been on the good-ridden's side of the drama for quite some time.
I'm hoping some Tartlet with no gag reflex will purchase Ruthie's novel about "a reality show" on "an island", read it, and do a book report for us. I suspect it's a roman a clef with Jarvis at the helm.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I have a dumb question:
When a message pops up within our notification bell "There may be more posts after this" with a name attached to it, what does that mean exactly?
It simply means that posts have been made past the last one showing on your screen. Just refresh your screen and the additional posts will load.

Reactions: 9
As one formerly called a flying monkey, I'd like to make a point or two.
@Isabelle6541 always wrote in American English, or else I am not seeing the posts made, as alleged here, from an Isabelle for whom American was not her native written language.
She refers to the state she lives in. As noted, the Lalanders can't tell CT from CO, not to mention CA. She could be salting her posts with red herrings, but, as familiar as I am with the technique, I did not get that smell from her. She was somebody excited by action being taken and wanted to mention it here. I think her statement "fair to Stephanie" was a lay person's paraphrase of the legal ramifications of taking Jarvis on as discussed by the group.
Or it may be a layperson's paraphrase of the reporter's obligation to get Jarvis to comment on every allegation in the story.
In any case it is a very slender reed, and a misquoted one, to build the flying monkey case on. I know I'd certainly be wearing my cup when and if I approached a narc like Stephanie Jarvis on a legally actionable initiative. Which, having participated in a victorious class action suit against a world famous company for sex discrimination, and other litigation around establishing a union at said company, and and and....I think I have some muscle memory of. (By the way, each of the victors in the sex discrimination suit won a reparation of $27.)
I think she is who she said she was. I think perhaps her group was less committed than she to action as she described it here.
I think she was an oversharer of a group which doesn't want to be associated with Tattle, which is the right position for people seeking to do what Isabelle described.
I think it is plausible the reporter in the group, if any, has told her to stop sharing his/her scoops in the low rent district.
I think she may have been reprimanded by the group.
Her indiscretions here may have alerted Jarvis to a planned confrontation that Jarvis somehow finessed -- I have a low regard for Jarvis' intelligence or preparedness, and would rate this a 30% possibility. Were I war gaming this out.
How @MojoDublin knew about the WhatsApp Patreon group we can only surmise -- she had access to the Patreon videos and long disguised that fact here. Concluding she is a Patreon who may have been contacted by the group. Indeed she would be my prime suspect for Isabelle but for the American spelling and syntax. Never baby grrl's strong point.
No flying monkey is trying to divide us. The Lalanders aren't smart enough and cannot sustain a long view subterfuge. Isabelle was real, she perhaps overpromised, we each pinned our particular version of justice on her vision, and it is inevitable, inevitable, given the unrealistic expectations, that they should be disappointed.
Time to be smarter, not dumber.
I Feel Pretty Salty Having To Spell This Out.™
Wow! Are you trying to say our kidnapped Mojo was a Lalander, or worse an American!? I am astonished! What a mad conspiracy. Where is she anyway, I wish she would come back ! :confused:🍸

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
No. Another Tattler shared Kathy's 1st vlog about CDLL and many of us welcomed her into the fold. She's a regular gal sharing her opinion whether it be here or on her vlog. You may not like her or her opinions, but she's definitely not raking in the dough via YT - and if she is making some, at least she's not grifting or e-begging.
She is the complete opposite of SJ - honest in her views and charitable.
She actually donates any YT revenue to one or two charities, one of which is a food bank if my memory serves correctly. I remember praising her on her YT Channel.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It's worse. The Argentinian Bully then made it look (on camera) as if she got the pearls from her lovely MIL Chantal, to try and debauch the fact that there is no love lost between the two.

You should definitely believe what you want to believe. I did not see anybody asking the charlataine any hard questions with a camera in her face, no. That does not necessarily mean she wasn't there though. I had fierce intentions of exposing the fraud too and sort of last minute decided against it to protect my identity, because it seemed useless and foolish in that crowd to try anything like that without a solid chance of success.

And deny the charlataine the joy of searching for it? It's those little things that keep me going these days.

If there was one, I would have joined instantly. Sadly witches were explicitly missing in action, except Isabelle Jarvis but I usually try to avoid her as she provides a whole other level of meanness.

Again, believe what you want or choose to believe. It's not about me and it never was. I will not be pushed out of anonymity to settle the discomfort for which I am not responsible in the first place.
I've just had a flash back and I may be wrong but wasn't it Isabelle6541 who suggested a special handshake with @Claraburnett presumably to shine a light on her identity... So glad this didn't happen

Reactions: 16
Perhaps Phyllis's laying low is because he has a bad feeling about Potty moving in on his territory. I would if I was him. I'm not a fan of Potty, but compared to Phyllis he comes out ahead in my opinion. One, Potts actually works at his photography and makes money. Two, he knows more about wine. Three, he has travelled more and is more worldly, Four, in my opinion, is better looking. Five, he is a more appropriate mate for Fanny. Six, he has a history with Fanny that Phyllis will never have. Seven, he knows how to work the bread oven, make bread and pizza, Phyllis only knows how to make Pasta Surprise Salad. Who's going to get their stocking filled for Christmas? Only Santa knows.

Now, that is an ugly one!
I have a feeling Phyllis posed for it, looks about right.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Our faithful Major Jonathan Thompson walked in the Queen's cortege today, the only kilt in the panoply. I know he would be proud to represent.
He walked one rank behind Prince Harry, following, I think, the Duke of Gloucester.
He was the second person the King spoke to, after the Archbishop of Canterbury, after the ceremony at Westminster Hall.
View attachment 1577998
View attachment 1578000
Top picture: when Major Jonathan Thompson walked by and saluted these flags I realized he is man among men. True confession: I rewatched that part because even his salute was sexy! How? Why? I feel honored to watch history and be proud as the world pays respect.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m currently watching the procession from Buckingham Palace, it is deeply moving and sad.
I did video a little from my old tv and managed to catch Major Johnny marching behind the coffin as well. I can’t upload but took a screenshot for you all.
Gosh he has a lot of medals.

Reactions: 11
Just watched a bit of cadeaux. I made it through the part where Percy is stabbing at a package to open it. I cannot be alone in my desire to snatch the knife away from him before he slashes the lot of them. I had to leave when Fanny began reading the instructions for the bleeping fairy lights. I. cannot.

Not to derail: a small update on Kevin <insert weeping> - he left us with the aid of an mobile vet on Friday, September 9, 2022, exactly 7 years to the day after he came to live with me and exactly 7 months after his 22 pound brother died of chronic pancreatitis complicated by congestive heart failure (or was it the other way 'round?). We're so sad to have lost them both so soon. My Ragdoll is deeply depressed.

Small update on the Jeep v. back yard. Approximately $25,000 in property damage (he took out the porch and bulkhead, and, loosened the bricks in the foundation surrounding the bulkhead) and I think I told you that my daughter's car was totaled, as well.

The driver of the Jeep is still OK.

Hope those of you from the UK are holding up after the death of the Queen. @KyBourbon you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother-in-law.
FB_IMG_1588966738128.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.