The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can make it with beef and I have made it with chicken but lamb is traditional although Welsh produced lamb is really expensive here at the moment and I often substitute NZ lamb which is cheaper. (I know, crazy!). Don't forget the leeks! Maybe try Cawl Cennin, Leek and Potato Soup.. Crusty rolls and if you can get it as it is now only available for export, Y Fenni Cheese ( with Mustard seed) made in Abergavenny.View attachment 1575889
Wish NZ lamb was cheaper here in NZ!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I didn’t get the joke from a red nose skit about Mama Mia the men all had turnip heads of course later I realize that they were “Swedes”
Oh tit! You cracked the code! All these years I thought it was funny but random... you've finally explained the joke to me! LOL!
BTW, I think that is one of French & Saunders' best movie parodies!
Queued up:

Jennifer Saunders does Fanny, the later years. Apparently she's moved on from TDJ.
1663097927352.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Jolly good. It is evident from content she gets pointers from here, on when to bring things up- like an excuse about the chapel, but that causes hilarity on here, it is a game of tennis and after patron day she is at match point currently and running off with the prize money monthly! I don't care if she reads here prints off the threads and wipes her arse with it to be honest. I am here for a bit of fun, gossip (of which you are a great provider so thank you) and also to see if we can stop the smug little vanity queen grifting. After patron day when you were a bit down in the mouth I was supportive to you and think I always have been so do wonder why you like to try and reel me in to a row-all fun though. Who is the lucky person who gets paid to read here? Would be great if it was you- kill two birds with one stone and a double double agent vibe (that is a joke so please keep your humour and take my reply in the light hearted manner it is meant). Bloody hell Nutty and Phi Phi must be permanently on Fanny's crumbling naughty step.
Not up for a row at all, just answering your question.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Actually, Stephanie Jarvis pays someone to read here, so she doesn't have to. She gets reports on the subjects we talk about and more importantly the people we talk about. She then warns those people that they are mentioned on this gossip site.

Because a: you keep repeating what you want us all to do and b: you keep repeating the point that if we don't, what we talk about is useless. So yes, that does annoy me. Not the suggestion, but you forcing your opinion on us.
Ok that's fine I won't mention it again but that is not forcing my opinion on you it is making a sensible suggestion which you don't have to act on. Lets talk about the packet ham again if that makes you happy was it 2.99 at Intermarche? Do Super U do a version? Trying to get you to lighten up with me Clara- virtually everything I say you take issue with and almost from day one. I don't come on here to get into spats this is meant to be a bit of light relief.Glad to see you are back to full throttle though!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
The random Kathy bashing is strange. She seems straightforward, decent, kind and funny. I'll miss her comments.
Yes, very generous of you to say so, but err... except for that recent time when Kathy took her opinion off this forum and publicly bashed a respected and well liked Tattle member in one of her Youtube vlogs. A Tattle member who, I might add, was perfectly correct in sharing her opinion, correct in her findings and correct in her summation. But because that opinion differed to Kathy's it was deemed as "holier than thou" sanctimonious clap-trap and condemned as climate change denying. It certainly wasn't that; it was just a member who (the same as me) shared her views on the drought in France. I stand with C'est Moi on this and will continue to do so.

The MojoDublin Standard is that "Tattlers don't rattle" yet someone disagreeing with Kathy sure as tit rattled her enough to encourage her to behave in a way that was certainly contrary to being "straightforward, decent, kind and funny." It is of course her right to do so, her opinion is her own, her outlet for those opinions is her own... yet ask yourself how we'd feel if Jules did the same to one of us? I for one would be horrified.

This is why I reserve my judgement on Kathy. There's good and bad in us all, and Kathy is a lovely lady but I'm sure she is just as capable of being a witch as any of us are, including me. I too can be a Grade A witch at times, even when it appears that I'm all sweetness and light. Some of my favourite witches in the world are right here on this forum. And I wouldn't dream of insulting or dismissing a single one of them as "a nobody." How about all this witch energy is directed, not at each other, but at Stephanie from now on? She's the reason we are all here. And she loves it when we differ enough go for each others throats. Let's not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
i watched billy p.'s q+a from yesterday or day before. there was a question about underground kitchen in the chado. he said he bought most of the materials and then gave the project to michael because he needs a content. my first tought was "good luck with this", and then he said he would pay for everything and superwise the renovation, which would allegedly started after micheal finishes his cottage. 🙄 i somehow admire loyalty of pethericks, but if michael was my brother i would kick his whiny little ass to moon and back.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
200 (3).gif

Get a load of this, 👇 redirection from Sunday's CD's flog to their website.
Funny, what happened to Andie Wieringa's prints???
I took some creative liberty with the names of Potty's photos. 🤫

INk_H3o1YRrc3ZQ5p7v0P8qq=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg
The Chateau Diaries

If anyone would like to buy any Lalande prints, please visit
https://www.chateaudelalande.com/prints/

PRINT SALE ENQUIRY
Limited edition prints are available for sale. Photographed by Michael Potts. Each of the 6 prints is a limited edition of 100.
The images are 30 x 45 cm. Printed on Hahnemühle FineArt Pearl paper. Numbered and signed. The images are sold with an individual certificate.

Each print is sold for €250 plus postage.

If you are interested in purchasing one of these images, please fill out the form below, providing your contact details, which image you would like and any preference of an edition number. Michael will get back to you to confirm the purchase.

1663097342295.png

Rhodes Decay / Stephanie on holidays

image2-stars-copy.jpg

New Year's Promise /Promises broken

1663097398460.png

Saint Joseph /The last piece of chapel

image4-winter-copy.jpg

Winter Frost / Everyone at the chateau is freezing

image5-reborn-copy.jpg

The courtyard reborn / DIY for DIY

image-courtyard-copy.jpg

Lalande courtyard / Don't look at the façade

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
View attachment 1576154

View attachment 1576224
The Chateau Diaries

PRINT SALE ENQUIRY
Limited edition prints are available for sale. Photographed by Michael Potts. Each of the 6 prints is a limited edition of 100.
The images are 30 x 45 cm. Printed on Hahnemühle FineArt Pearl paper. Numbered and signed. The images are sold with an individual certificate.

If you are interested in purchasing one of these images, please fill out the form below, providing your contact details, which image you would like and any preference of an edition number. Michael will get back to you to confirm the purchase.

View attachment 1576139

View attachment 1576225

View attachment 1576140

View attachment 1576226

View attachment 1576227

View attachment 1576228
He's taking the Potts!!! Bloody cheek they are not worth £50. As someone said on Patron yesterday:

Chloe Hutton
I am stunned that Michael was charging 180 Euros for one of his prints. These people contribute to the renovation of the Chateau-- it is very non you to up sell patreons and guests who you are benefitting from. I am glad however that everyone who went seemed to enjoy themselves which is wonderful and that it all went swimmingly. Looked lots of fun

1d

Michael Gonzalez

That’s honestly a reasonable (and probably reduced) price for a limited edition print by an established photographer. He shouldn’t be expected to just give his work away.

1d

Chloe Hutton

He is taking money from these people to renovate his Chateau it is just not the done thing at all I'm afraid. I work with photographers through my work in advertising all the time and trust me most well renowned commercial photographers are not hawking their wares at supposedly social events. It is just plain bad manners, like asking friends to dinner and trying to sell them a pyramid scheme I find it extremely bad manners.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
View attachment 1576154

View attachment 1576224
The Chateau Diaries

PRINT SALE ENQUIRY

View attachment 1576139

View attachment 1576225

View attachment 1576140

View attachment 1576226

View attachment 1576227

View attachment 1576228

I've said it time and time again but it's oh so true. You are a wizard @KiKiGee - over everything.
Anybody clock the increased price of the print? Wasn't it originally 180 euros - why not smack a further 70E on for the hell of it.
The scamming is just non-stop....

Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 20.57.02.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
To be honest all this flying monkey stuff gets a bit silly in my mind-if they're here they're here. I think Fanny and her crew glance here and maybe send in the odd little nugget or Isabelle? But the thought that someone grifting 33,000 a month is gong to care too much about a gossip site to a large degree I believe is wishful thinking. They read here to wind us up and to ensure their content ticks the box for any malcontent going on.

On a different note I hope you enjoyed your trip and that your health continues to improve.

I think the whole attacking newcomers and calling people flying monkeys is what actually divides this group- to flip it on its head. If you don't want newcomers and want to keep to to the original 15 then make it a closed group, I find the attacking each other bit which is often done in quite a bullying way really off putting and sometimes quite horrible, that's just me and I await the virtual kicking for raising my head above the parapet
Sadly the Patron money has diminished to £30 000 a month when I looked earlier on this evening. Could this be a trend?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I've been wondering. If bun boy is there to stay long-term and if Gnati and Queen Phillipa had a massive fight, who would stay? I think Gnati would win and the other thing would be out on it's ear.
Gnatii is on the association paperwork? Is she company secretary? A tax dodge? And would explain why chippy may not be, as he might lose any financial benefits as being an employee an all that? I do not pretend to understand French property or tax regulations,but in the uk this set up would work out well as an income for gnatii ,etc.

Reactions: 8
i watched billy p.'s q+a from yesterday or day before. there was a question about underground kitchen in the chado. he said he bought most of the materials and then gave the project to michael because he needs a content. my first tought was "good luck with this", and then he said he would pay for everything and superwise the renovation, which would allegedly started after micheal finishes his cottage. 🙄 i somehow admire loyalty of pethericks, but if michael was my brother i would kick his whiny little ass to moon and back.
I also admire family loyalty. I think I can relate to Billy's dilemma on some level. I, too, have a brother that struggles with life. I would do anything to help him. Some of his problems are his own doing, but he suffers from anxiety and depression and has been under the care of a psychiatrist for years. Sometimes we just have to do what we think is right, whether others agree or not. I think Michael does have some mental problems that interfere with him getting on with things. I used to judge him very harshly, but I've changed my mind about him. He really needs his family, I don't think he would do well at all without them.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
View attachment 1576154

View attachment 1576224
The Chateau Diaries

PRINT SALE ENQUIRY

View attachment 1576139

View attachment 1576225

View attachment 1576140

View attachment 1576226

View attachment 1576227

View attachment 1576228
So was the E180 mentioned in the vlog, a "special" one off Patrons' price during their Open Days?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Jolly good. It is evident from content she gets pointers from here, on when to bring things up- like an excuse about the chapel, but that causes hilarity on here, it is a game of tennis and after patron day she is at match point currently and running off with the prize money monthly! I don't care if she reads here prints off the threads and wipes her arse with it to be honest. I am here for a bit of fun, gossip (of which you are a great provider so thank you) and also to see if we can stop the smug little vanity queen grifting. After patron day when you were a bit down in the mouth I was supportive to you and think I always have been so do wonder why you like to try and reel me in to a row-all fun though. Who is the lucky person who gets paid to read here? Would be great if it was you- kill two birds with one stone and a double double agent vibe (that is a joke so please keep your humour and take my reply in the light hearted manner it is meant). Bloody hell Nutty and Phi Phi must be permanently on Fanny's crumbling naughty step.

Yes @Clara Burnett , who is the reader for Stephanie Jarvis? I'm sure we 15 Tartlets would all like to personally introduce ourselves to the lucky job holder.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Diolch yn fawr iawn. Iechyd dda i chi hefyd,
Are you talking in code now Sweetness, I find your Welch riveting, whatever you are saying :love:

Lamb is expensive, full stop!
Yes, what is it all coming to!? Now we even have a man for Queen, woke culture has taken over...all this business about men being women and lamb beeing expensive!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
You can make it with beef and I have made it with chicken but lamb is traditional although Welsh produced lamb is really expensive here at the moment and I often substitute NZ lamb which is cheaper. (I know, crazy!). Don't forget the leeks! Maybe try Cawl Cennin, Leek and Potato Soup.. Crusty rolls and if you can get it as it is now only available for export, Y Fenni Cheese ( with Mustard seed) made in Abergavenny.View attachment 1575889
Delicious . Swede is known by many names in the uk. Neeps in Scotland…..🤔.
Lovage tastes like celery and I has a similar fragrance, grows about it 1m tall. Why oh why did Davey not force a design of an amazing herb garden ? Not so much water required unlike the chapel graveyard of plants.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.