The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good for you, but I was addressing Summerbaby. This forum has become something else and I've only been here 5 months...
Old Man River? Jes' keeps scrollin' along.

I see a Lawrence of Arabia moment for Phi!lipa as it disappears over the horizon on a bolting camel, dressed in full Arab costume. That would be worth watching. But maybe the Egyptians won't let it into the country.
Complete with the rogering by manly Turks, no doubt.

I'm flattered that you have asked. I have to go up to Toulouse (again) today but will have a good think on my drive up and back and put some suggestions forward for you later or tomorrow morning ❤
I hope you'll share it here. We're Francophiles and dote on this stuff. Thank you.

@Kata, nice try. You are correct, IF AND ONLY IF, this was a true B&B without a grifting scam in place.
Case in point, Morgan Lawley (top tier patron) was a guest at the same time and had a different experience.

Marie Wiik is a volunteer and not a paying guest.
I suspect the chatelaine treats older women travelling alone -- like Brenda or Cara -- very differently than she treats other guests or volunteers.

I don’t think tattlelife is a cult but, it does seem to be “clickish” at times. It seems unequal in its reprimand of some while others seem to speak their mind without any consequences. I have my own opinions on the latest situation with patron days but, do not feel comfortable sharing it here. I’m finding more and more that I’m scrolling past several posts that seem to be unwarranted accusations that have little or no basis in fact. I found this group much like others here did, when I started smelling a rat at the shitoo. I can appreciate those 15 tattlers who have been around for the duration but feel there may be a story behind why some leave here too. Everyone has their own opinions as the saying goes. Why are some given a “high-five” while others are given the boot??? I miss Kathy and others who I suspect have been sent to tattle jail for having an opinion that someone didn’t like. Sights like tattelife are only better when there is a variety of insights and opinions. JMHO
Tattle mods have a very specific definition of "trolling", of which it seems Mme. Flog was accused. I don't know or understand what she was doing, but if she violated their very sensible definition, which I commend to your attention, that alone is what she is suspended for.
She was welcomed here to express her opinions, which she did. I don't think that is what earned her a suspension.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have a question. What does Gnatti do? I saw that she was employed to run the b&b bookings. Now, I'm not sure how many rooms there are but her working day must last 1 hour max.
My Uncle and Aunt retired from a very successful business career and bought a run down 11 bedroom hotel. They renovated it themselves during the off season. They worked incredibly long hours. When the hotel was full they had 2 chambermaids doing the rooms but they were finished by lunch. All the rest of the work was done by my relatives, both in their seventies. It took 4 years to completely renovate the hotel and in the fifth year they had got their fifth star and won the award for Best small hotel in our region. UK.
Gnatti being paid to run the b&b side is ridiculous. And to have Queer Phillipa on the payroll, also ridiculous. Grifters, the lot of them. Without sounding mean and nasty, I hope we get to witness Karma, which has a nasty habit of biting!!
Queer Phillipa was a misspelling but it looks right and I rang my gay friend Tristan and he told me to leave it in. He also suggested that SJ was a fag hag but I'm not going to call her that...it sounds too rude.
I prefer “fairy godmother” over fag hag.😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
@KyBourbon - I’ve missed your presence on here and send you and your partner my condolences.

I just want to add my two pennies worth re the Isabelle / possibly duping situ; as I commented previously, I personally think The Heap junkies are all over this thread. I have blatant contradictory screen shots from several Tattlers who get caught up in their own lies. These are the ones I now have on ‘ignore’ because I won’t be part of their narrative. This is why some fly amongst us, to control the narrative. From memory when we were all up in arms over the Sissinghurst copyright breach Isabelle was one of the first to imply step down because I’m all over it thus stopping the influx of complaints. That said, I’m still hoping Isabelle was a Tattler true to their word. I send my own correspondence without broadcasting it on here, that way I don’t have to rely on anyones word. I want to add that I trust @MRShavershamsdress when he says he’s emailed C4.

As @KiKiGee said, I trust no one and as the OG @MojoDublin said Tattlers Don’t Rattle. Over the last few weeks this forum has made me feel duped, jaded and like I’m partaking in a game of ‘guess who, duper or legit?’ I’m sorry if this is not a popular thing to say but I’m here to shine a light on the ever increasing lies, fraud and malpractice SJ appears to be committing, by airing it here other people can read and have their suspicions confirmed. I’m not here to read about recipes, the earths core and other such things, I would use Facebook if I was bored and inclined to chat the day away.

97% of you I hold in high regard and love being part of your world through this forum, the other 3% I navigate around and smash the ignore button like it’s Fannys face.
I'm sorry you don't like the recipes.
They are part of a long, and successful, campaign for freedom of speech here, and the establishment of the fish shack, which welcomes everyone -- not just the OGs -- to its celebrations.
Free at last.

• Heart
As @KiKiGee said, I trust no one and as the OG @MojoDublin said Tattlers Don’t Rattle. Over the last few weeks this forum has made me feel duped, jaded and like I’m partaking in a game of ‘guess who, duper or legit?’
There's definitely been a change in atmosphere. The backdoor was left ajar and let in several slow-burn flying monkeys that are now starting their m.o. of dividing and derailing. So much so that I'm finding I enjoy being here less and less - but isn't that their intent? We just need to be louder and take them to task at the first signs they show.

BTW, the Ambrosia recipe was a hit.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I actually think the production company are setting them up to look a bit ridiculous. The whole lingering camera angle concentrating on her unsuitable & unsafe high heels as she climbed the ladder in the last series gave a hint of that. However I also think portraying their ridiculousness in the programmes is purely because it will escalate the viewing figures …… and Stepha-me & Flip-Flop will do anything for a bit of TV coverage and don’t care how foolish they make themselves look to achieve that. (And let’s face it…. there certainly aren’t any diy/renovation stories happening for the crew to film.)
So crazy that nobody in the “ circle” has warned them.

I'm flattered that you have asked. I have to go up to Toulouse (again) today but will have a good think on my drive up and back and put some suggestions forward for you later or tomorrow morning ❤
This would be just brilliant! Thank you,@C'est moi. Looking forward to insider tips! 🥰 Btw: I am NOT staying in a chateu, :ROFLMAO:, but in a rather modest holiday shack. Running water included!😁

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So this crap pisses me off. She thinks she's being provocative and edgy using homosexuality as a prop. She's like those obnoxious hen parties that have infiltrated gay bars and treat the experience as if they're visiting a zoo or circus side-show. F her!
If my memory doesn't fail me this photo is from an opera performance where SJ played a trousers roll.

If my memory doesn't fail me this photo is from an opera performance where SJ played a trousers roll.
You are correct. However, the kiss photograph is from the staged photos, taken at Lalande to promote the production.
Here is one from the performance.
SJ stag.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Thanks for that Sparrowfart. After returning home from France, I forgave myself pretty quickly, but I still drop into the Shitou Diaries YT channel once in a while for a laugh and sometimes end up fuming instead. And even though I've moved on from the whole thing, It's fun to see what the tattlers are up to. After all, you all helped me process the whole mess...I'm really grateful for that. Peace out.
You need to be kinder to yourself. A lot of us were taken in by Fanny at some point. You had a horrendous experience but are hardly to blame when she was peddling lies and smoke and mirrors. Put it behind you and let's witch about her HMN and her balding child boyfriend :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
You are correct. However, these were from the staged photos, taken at Lalande to promote the production.
Here is one from the performance.
View attachment 1575484
I’m starting to question now if it was on the old CDLL Facebook page or someone else’s. At one point, you could pretty much scroll through all their FB pages and I remember the night I found it, I had gone down quite the rabbit hole. It wasn’t a woman that I remember from the vlogs. It was a full on kiss but it just sort of felt like a situation where it might’ve been a game they were playing or something like that. I was just curious who the other woman was but not curious enough to actually go and try and find the photo again. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I dignify and respond, I came here to chat ;) I might not have read all of your comments but I've seen some of them. My questions were meant with all honesty and with no offence. If you consider it insensitive, it is up to you. Of course, if you want to only blame others for the bad time you had and not self-reflect any of your own actions, (like for example, "did I have too high expectations") those questions may seem insensitive.
I've read your original story, (and reread thanks to KyBourbon(y)) and I still think my question stand. If you choose to not answer then I must assume that you had too high expectations on how much attention you would receive just showing up as a guest (who is basically a paying stranger to them), expected more than was promised, and were thus disappointed. (Additionally, your car breaking down was you-problem, not them-problem)

Yeah, how THEY all live together as a happy family. None of the vlogs that I've watched (and I've watched many) really showed the paying guests as part of the vlog or made it seem that they would be automatically included in the daily life. It was always her & her friends and volunteers. I don't think as a guest you could assume that you are welcome to the private parts of the chateau, to the rooms that were not rented to you, or aren't lounge or a breakfast/dinner area.
Were something more promised to patrons than regular paying guests? (I truly don't know, that's why I am posing this question) If yes, and if that wasn't fulfilled, then I would say it is fair to be pissed. Any guest should be treated with respect.

Thank you for this. I've read this before but as I'm not frequent, I didn't connect it to the her.
However, my point still stands. When you are paying for a service, you get what you pay for.
I'm not saying that her experience is not valid, or the B&B didn't have problems, or she doesn't have right to be upset.

The main point behind my post=

What struck me was the expectation to be treated special, "gushed over". Was she promised that special treatment? I understand the expectation of common courtesy and hospitality, and those can be expected in a B&B. Special attention and keeping company with guests isn't something that can be expected from a B&B stay.
I don't usually comment on things like this, but I was up very early this morning, so saw your post and it has stuck with me throughout the morning. I feel that in an attempt to convey your own point, over and over, you might have not understood the original poster's comment. She did not expect "to be gushed over". She was talking about the Patron Day, where Patrons (like she used to be) were most definitely "gushed over". It was a contrast to her own experience:
  1. @missartemis was a Patron - this means her money funded Stephanie's lifestyle and "renovations"
  2. she went to CLL and paid for an apartment for a week
  3. as a paying customer - not to mention, she was a Patron - she was treated poorly
  4. last week was Patron Day at CLL. Clearly, Stephanie and her "team" went all out for these Patrons who spent, roughly, 6 hours there
I hope I'm not putting words in @missartemis mouth. But this is, for me, how I understood her post.

I don't know how or where you travel in your real life. But I can tell you that if I had a car accident in the middle of bleeping nowhere, I would expect to receive some help from the place I was staying. If they couldn't provide help, I would at minimal expect some compassion. Further, if I owned a B&B, I would rethink that occupation if I could provide neither of those things to my paying guests.

There are other points I haven't touched on, primarily the fact that Stephanie Jarvis tries to sell that the chateau is a place where "love and laughter" exists, but I'd like to think we can at least agree that @missartemis felt none of that! I'm assuming you agree, because your post includes the comment "any guest should be treated with respect".

• Heart
Reactions: 45
That is truly a pity. But why did you expect or want to be gushed over?
What kind of expectation they promised to you prior to your trip? I mean did they market it as a B&B or was it open only for patrons or youtube fans to book (not openly on eBookers etc)? When I'm going to a B&B, I have 0 expectation of the owner or the keeper to entertain me for my stay. I'm happy to be provided the service I paid for, which is literally a bed and a breakfast.
I don't think @missartemis was saying she expected to be gushed over, rather she was contrasting her own experience at the chateau with that of the patrons at the patron days.

But also, someone who watches the vlogs and is a patron is not booking a stay at LaLande the way they would any other B&B - for a lot of people it became a destination in itself, they wanted to meet Stephanie and all the rest and experience life at the chateau for themselves. It's hardly the same as looking up "B&Bs in this area", choosing one at random because it looks nicest, and arriving with no expectations except a clean room and something nice for breakfast. Stephanie definitely doesn't give the impression in her vlogs that if you come to stay you'll be treated as impersonally as @missartemis unfortunately was.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Walt Whitman wrote an epic, nation-forming poem about the long track home for Lincoln's funeral train. The situation was different -- he had been assassinated by a partisan of the losers in the Civil War -- but the long slow trek through his former realm, where people lined the railway tracks the whole way, is a moving moment of quiet, of stillness, and yet of movement. A rending of the veil, maybe. A bardo.
Watching the Queen being driven home through Scotland, thinking also of Larkin's Whitsun Weddings, a train journey through eternity.
I don't have a sprig of lilac. A pebble from the desert, ma'am, with all its warmth and color.

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 9.57.18 AM.png

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That is truly a pity. But why did you expect or want to be gushed over?
What kind of expectation they promised to you prior to your trip? I mean did they market it as a B&B or was it open only for patrons or youtube fans to book (not openly on eBookers etc)? When I'm going to a B&B, I have 0 expectation of the owner or the keeper to entertain me for my stay. I'm happy to be provided the service I paid for, which is literally a bed and a breakfast.
Normally, I would totally agree with you. I wouldn’t expect anything extra or special from the owner of a B&B. But in the case of La Lande, I really think there’s a difference. In reality, if you boil it down, Stephanie’s business model is to sell Patreon subscriptions through her YouTube channel. Yes, she makes money from the B&B and YouTube…but the real “bread and butter” comes from Patreon. In order to sell Patreon subscriptions, she invites people into her home and her personal life. She counts on making a personal, intimate, and emotional connection with the viewer so they want to subscribe as a Patreon. And, as a Patreon, the member is entitled to priority booking at the B&B and discounts on stays (for the three highest tiers). So, the expectations of the experience at her B&B are set by SJ herself. She builds up her chateau and life as a fairytale experience and the viewers, especially the patrons, are her “family.” Imagine being a patron who’s captivated by SJ’s manufactured fairytale life and home, saved their money, rearranged their schedule, and planned a trip to the La Lande B&B…only to be treated as if they were a nuisance. The experience would be shocking and the guest would naturally feel entirely duped. It’s really cruel. I completely understand how @missartemis feels.

SJ could probably keep up the “ruse” of “live, laugh, love” for the three Patron Days. But it’s too much for her to keep up appearances for the B&B. It just goes to show that it’s all smoke and mirrors.

Screenshot from SJ’s Patreon page:

1457FE50-EB4B-4118-8E93-B11EA89253D4.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
@Kata, nice try. You are correct, IF AND ONLY IF, this was a true B&B without a grifting scam in place.
Case in point, Morgan Lawley (top tier patron) was a guest at the same time and had a different experience.
Patrons are frequently told they are "part of the laLande family." My understanding of how they market this concept of family is one of a close knit but welcoming group that go the extra mile for each other, welcome you with open arms and this is exactly how the stay at the HMN is portrayed to paying guests - one big happy family, and once a guest steps inside those gates, they are family too. They are invited into the fold, invited to be a part of Stephanie’s personal, and public life. But this is not what happens, unless those guests appear to be extremely affluent or generous. How often have we heard Stephanie say of patrons "I love each and every one of you. If it wasn't for you, the patrons of laLande" etc etc. Being 'part of the laLande family' is reinforced in every vlog. In reality, they have treated many guests as an inconvenience - and it's quite often guests who do not bring expensive gifts for Stephanie and others. Other guests are blanked. This is established fact and is abhorrent behaviour in any language.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Stephanie has nearly 10000% more subscribers is all I meant. No offense intended but someone with 2k subscribers is a nobody compared to someone with over 200k. Anyway consider me hounded off this platform. I have no time for either Stephanie or the smaller accounts that chase for views.

Yes I know she's not making any big money as shes a small channel with not many subscribers. People tend to change once they become a larger channel. Stephanie was not always as ghastly and money grabbing as she is today.

Anyway I can see my view is not welcomed here.
Everyones' views are welcome they just may not be agreed with and as a result may be challenged. It was your choice of adjective that prompted my response. It doesn't matter to me how many subscribers SJ has or anyone else has. The number of subscribers or wealth or lack of it doesnt define a person. I find it sad and discourteous that anyone should be called a nobody. Such comments would send some people into a downward spiral. I doubt if Kathy would care. We are all somebody and should be proud.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.