The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dignify and respond, I came here to chat ;) I might not have read all of your comments but I've seen some of them. My questions were meant with all honesty and with no offence. If you consider it insensitive, it is up to you. Of course, if you want to only blame others for the bad time you had and not self-reflect any of your own actions, (like for example, "did I have too high expectations") those questions may seem insensitive.
I've read your original story, (and reread thanks to KyBourbon(y)) and I still think my question stand. If you choose to not answer then I must assume that you had too high expectations on how much attention you would receive just showing up as a guest (who is basically a paying stranger to them), expected more than was promised, and were thus disappointed. (Additionally, your car breaking down was you-problem, not them-problem)

Yeah, how THEY all live together as a happy family. None of the vlogs that I've watched (and I've watched many) really showed the paying guests as part of the vlog or made it seem that they would be automatically included in the daily life. It was always her & her friends and volunteers. I don't think as a guest you could assume that you are welcome to the private parts of the chateau, to the rooms that were not rented to you, or aren't lounge or a breakfast/dinner area.
Were something more promised to patrons than regular paying guests? (I truly don't know, that's why I am posing this question) If yes, and if that wasn't fulfilled, then I would say it is fair to be pissed. Any guest should be treated with respect.

Thank you for this. I've read this before but as I'm not frequent, I didn't connect it to the her.
However, my point still stands. When you are paying for a service, you get what you pay for.
I'm not saying that her experience is not valid, or the B&B didn't have problems, or she doesn't have right to be upset.

The main point behind my post=

What struck me was the expectation to be treated special, "gushed over". Was she promised that special treatment? I understand the expectation of common courtesy and hospitality, and those can be expected in a B&B. Special attention and keeping company with guests isn't something that can be expected from a B&B stay.
@Kata, nice try. You are correct, IF AND ONLY IF, this was a true B&B without a grifting scam in place.
Case in point, Morgan Lawley (top tier patron) was a guest at the same time and had a different experience.

And here is the florist . It does not look like the level of luxury Me me and Phi Phi had….
Marie Wiik is a volunteer and not a paying guest.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve been away for a while, but it appears Kathy is banned until 9/24/22 (according to her vlog). I went back and read her latest posts but, for the life of me, I can’t find anything offensive (unless the post was deleted). I do hope she returns.

However, I disagree with comments on Kathy’s vlog that CD Tattle is a “cult.” It’s true many members have been around for a while. I’ve actually been here since Thread #48! Over the past 180 threads we’ve seen members come and go…and we’ve seen some new members that cause a lot of disruption, deception, and posts that are only intended to stir things up for the sake of stirring things up. So, it’s only natural to greet newcomers with some suspicion and a grain of salt.

I’m also disappointed we haven’t heard anything from @Isabelle6541 although I’m not quite ready to say she was a fraud yet (ok…call me naive!). But, if she WAS a fraud, I think it’s an example of why long time members have a healthy dose of skepticism when new people join. I think that’s why suspicion may come across as “cultish.” The real cult is those Patrons who blindly follow SJ…sending money to “restore the chateau” while ignoring her lavish spending on trips, booze, clothes, and tat.

For your viewing pleasure…my first post on Tattle…Thread #48, July 25, 2021! 😆

View attachment 1573320

And, I was also questioned about my intentions for joining! (I hope that @MojoDublin returns!)

View attachment 1573346
I don’t think tattlelife is a cult but, it does seem to be “clickish” at times. It seems unequal in its reprimand of some while others seem to speak their mind without any consequences. I have my own opinions on the latest situation with patron days but, do not feel comfortable sharing it here. I’m finding more and more that I’m scrolling past several posts that seem to be unwarranted accusations that have little or no basis in fact. I found this group much like others here did, when I started smelling a rat at the shitoo. I can appreciate those 15 tattlers who have been around for the duration but feel there may be a story behind why some leave here too. Everyone has their own opinions as the saying goes. Why are some given a “high-five” while others are given the boot??? I miss Kathy and others who I suspect have been sent to tattle jail for having an opinion that someone didn’t like. Sights like tattelife are only better when there is a variety of insights and opinions. JMHO

• Heart
Reactions: 19
sent to tattle jail for having an opinion that someone didn’t like.
Of course this doesn't happen on tattle and it does damage to the community here to make such suggestions. The same rules apply to everyone here.

Can everyone just move on. You're only helping people that want to disrupt the thread.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
you might be right! That hypocrite! She has mentioned many many times that soup-like food is a waste of calorie intake.
Your post made me think of the shrimp shell broth that Cyril prepared and was served twice. :sick:

1651595608809 (2).png

1651595506163 (2).png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
@KyBourbon - I’ve missed your presence on here and send you and your partner my condolences.

I just want to add my two pennies worth re the Isabelle / possibly duping situ; as I commented previously, I personally think The Heap junkies are all over this thread. I have blatant contradictory screen shots from several Tattlers who get caught up in their own lies. These are the ones I now have on ‘ignore’ because I won’t be part of their narrative. This is why some fly amongst us, to control the narrative. From memory when we were all up in arms over the Sissinghurst copyright breach Isabelle was one of the first to imply step down because I’m all over it thus stopping the influx of complaints. That said, I’m still hoping Isabelle was a Tattler true to their word. I send my own correspondence without broadcasting it on here, that way I don’t have to rely on anyones word. I want to add that I trust @MRShavershamsdress when he says he’s emailed C4.

As @KiKiGee said, I trust no one and as the OG @MojoDublin said Tattlers Don’t Rattle. Over the last few weeks this forum has made me feel duped, jaded and like I’m partaking in a game of ‘guess who, duper or legit?’ I’m sorry if this is not a popular thing to say but I’m here to shine a light on the ever increasing lies, fraud and malpractice SJ appears to be committing, by airing it here other people can read and have their suspicions confirmed. I’m not here to read about recipes, the earths core and other such things, I would use Facebook if I was bored and inclined to chat the day away.

97% of you I hold in high regard and love being part of your world through this forum, the other 3% I navigate around and smash the ignore button like it’s Fannys face.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I actually think the production company are setting them up to look a bit ridiculous. The whole lingering camera angle concentrating on her unsuitable & unsafe high heels as she climbed the ladder in the last series gave a hint of that. However I also think portraying their ridiculousness in the programmes is purely because it will escalate the viewing figures …… and Stepha-me & Flip-Flop will do anything for a bit of TV coverage and don’t care how foolish they make themselves look to achieve that. (And let’s face it…. there certainly aren’t any diy/renovation stories happening for the crew to film.)
Yep. Ive been used and abused for tv and the production company will reel you in with promises of great exposure, flattery and feed your ego, but they will rip you to shreds to get the most clickbait-y content. I fell for it once and never again. Fanny falls for it over and over. Has she no dignity?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
KiKiGee, post: 11707631, member: 216710
Thank you @Clara Burnett.
After @QuebecQueen announced, (in the last 🧵), Curtis Ryan Woodside was in Egypt, (👋 Hi, Curtis),
I started wondering who may be traveling with Stephanie Jarvis in October???
Let's not forget, it was Isabelle and Percy, that introduced Curtis to Stephanie.

View attachment 1574758
View attachment 1574735

👇We now know, Isabelle is still calling some of the shots.
Will they be camel ridding??? Will Curtis' mother join them???
How many YT channels will this trip be flogged for???

View attachment 1574647

Sidenote, Isabelle Jarvis is ready. 👇 The, (picture below), is from the now closed/original Lalande website.
Which, was closed days after I posted this.
Like I said before, that website was a treasure trove of information.
Much like Marie Wiik's blog, that has been locked up, (permission to log in).
Who, advised Marie Wiik to do so and how much did it cost??? A trip to Africa???
Isabelle Jarvis, you are late to the game. I did my research before my first post here.

View attachment 1574652
Comments from April 18, 2022

Curtis Ryan Woodside
5 hours ago
hahaha Ill take you to the real temple of Amun-Ra soon! happy easter!

Isabelle Jarvis
3 hours ago
Can it match the Lalande one????

Curtis Ryan Woodside
3 hours ago
@Isabelle Jarvis nothing compares to LaLande 😘 but Egypt is a good place to find a temple to Amun Ra haha

thankfully here in Egypt, you can now take photos on the street without a permit and don't risk arrest. I have However as an unmarried couple they risk arrest and a whole lot of drama going down in most hotels. I witnessed many times arrogant tourists here flaunting the long-standing Egyptian morals and ending up on the street. Seeing as she reads here great caution needs to be taken near the pyramids its gotten a bit desperate financially here and you will be absolutley hounded for your others patreon money.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Even though I agree with your message, this is also nothing new. It's part of how things work, I guess, because of the anonymity that allows us to speak freely. Also, there has been many incidents with flying monkeys, troubling enough to allow a certain level of suspicion. If one doesn't take that too personal, one will be fine.
I have to say Clara it was because of you that I did persevere and stayed. You said some kind words to me in regards to being attacked by a fellow tattler. It was much appreciated and I stayed.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Mmm it's just occurred to me. Perhaps bun boy's parents have bought the paper bag guy's share of the château. The appearance of the hounds sort of indicates permanence.
does this mean that Annmarie will tackle the run down baghead appartment in his free time? Perhaps that's the reason he has not started on his trash bin hiding project with nuts?

Reactions: 13
I dignify and respond, I came here to chat ;) I might not have read all of your comments but I've seen some of them. My questions were meant with all honesty and with no offence. If you consider it insensitive, it is up to you. Of course, if you want to only blame others for the bad time you had and not self-reflect any of your own actions, (like for example, "did I have too high expectations") those questions may seem insensitive.
I've read your original story, (and reread thanks to KyBourbon(y)) and I still think my question stand. If you choose to not answer then I must assume that you had too high expectations on how much attention you would receive just showing up as a guest (who is basically a paying stranger to them), expected more than was promised, and were thus disappointed. (Additionally, your car breaking down was you-problem, not them-problem)

Yeah, how THEY all live together as a happy family. None of the vlogs that I've watched (and I've watched many) really showed the paying guests as part of the vlog or made it seem that they would be automatically included in the daily life. It was always her & her friends and volunteers. I don't think as a guest you could assume that you are welcome to the private parts of the chateau, to the rooms that were not rented to you, or aren't lounge or a breakfast/dinner area.
Were something more promised to patrons than regular paying guests? (I truly don't know, that's why I am posing this question) If yes, and if that wasn't fulfilled, then I would say it is fair to be pissed. Any guest should be treated with respect.

Thank you for this. I've read this before but as I'm not frequent, I didn't connect it to the her.
However, my point still stands. When you are paying for a service, you get what you pay for.
I'm not saying that her experience is not valid, or the B&B didn't have problems, or she doesn't have right to be upset.

The main point behind my post=

What struck me was the expectation to be treated special, "gushed over". Was she promised that special treatment? I understand the expectation of common courtesy and hospitality, and those can be expected in a B&B. Special attention and keeping company with guests isn't something that can be expected from a B&B stay.
She was also a Patron, giving her free money every month to restore the chateau. So do you get it now?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you @Clara Burnett.
After @QuebecQueen announced, (in the last 🧵), Curtis Ryan Woodside was in Egypt, (👋 Hi, Curtis),
I started wondering who may be traveling with Stephanie Jarvis in October???
Let's not forget, it was Isabelle and Percy, that introduced Curtis to Stephanie.

View attachment 1574758
View attachment 1574735

👇We now know, Isabelle is still calling some of the shots.
Will they be camel ridding??? Will Curtis' mother join them???
How many YT channels will this trip be flogged for???

View attachment 1574647

Sidenote, Isabelle Jarvis is ready. 👇 The, (picture below), is from the now closed/original Lalande website.
Which, was closed days after I posted this.
Like I said before, that website was a treasure trove of information.
Much like Marie Wiik's blog, that has been locked up, (permission to log in).
Who, advised Marie Wiik to do so and how much did it cost??? A trip to Africa???
Isabelle Jarvis, you are late to the game. I did my research before my first post here.

View attachment 1574652
Comments from April 18, 2022

Curtis Ryan Woodside
5 hours ago
hahaha Ill take you to the real temple of Amun-Ra soon! happy easter!

Isabelle Jarvis
3 hours ago
Can it match the Lalande one????

Curtis Ryan Woodside
3 hours ago
@Isabelle Jarvis nothing compares to LaLande 😘 but Egypt is a good place to find a temple to Amun Ra haha
I think that was where I saw the photo of SJ kissing a woman. I was going to try and find the photo again to ask Clara if she knew who it was. It was at one of their dress up parties but it didn’t look like it was at CDLL ….. seem to recall it had something to do with Alice in Wonderland. I wasn’t surprised they had made it impossible to access those photos now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I think that was where I saw the photo of SJ kissing a woman. I was going to try and find the photo again to ask Clara if she knew who it was. It was at one of their dress up parties but it didn’t look like it was at CDLL ….. seem to recall it had something to do with Alice in Wonderland. I wasn’t surprised they had made it impossible to access those photos now.

1663073449159.png

• Sick
Reactions: 16
@Kata, nice try. You are correct, IF AND ONLY IF, this was a true B&B without a grifting scam in place.
Case in point, Morgan Lawley (top tier patron) was a guest at the same time and had a different experience.

Marie Wiik is a volunteer and not a paying guest.
If it was a true Chambre d'hote too it would be easy for anyone to book which isn't the case. It is only open 4 months a year and only at weekends, this is just to keep the illusion she cares about the B n B which she doesn't now she has 33,000 a month rolling in

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There was a beautiful post from Amy from Chateau de Rosiares. Unlike Stefanmeme, she was too heart broken and empathetic to post a video on the day of the Queen's death ❤
I agree. Her role as a feminist icon is enormous and may be her most powerful legacy.
The grandmother after whom I am named -- Grandma Billy if you will -- was a Christian Scientist. Founded by a woman. Children's prayer addresses "father-mother God". They elect their preachers, which are called readers -- a man and a woman, who only read the Bible and the corresponding CS text, ot lesson, every week. Grandma Billy was a reader when I was little. So I walked into church and saw a woman, named Billy, in the pulpit every week. Nothing was said of this. And I've only realized since I started discussing spiritual matters with a breakfast group I call the Merry Mystics what an enormous effect on my ability to cut to the chase around God/Christian feminism issues that this early, and completely unremarked, experience had on me.
I very much suspect the same is true for the presence of the Queen in public life for 70 years. Thank you, Amy. Her departure from the scene really is something to mourn.

Last edited:
  • Heart
@KyBourbon - I’ve missed your presence on here and send you and your partner my condolences.

I just want to add my two pennies worth re the Isabelle / possibly duping situ; as I commented previously, I personally think The Heap junkies are all over this thread. I have blatant contradictory screen shots from several Tattlers who get caught up in their own lies. These are the ones I now have on ‘ignore’ because I won’t be part of their narrative. This is why some fly amongst us, to control the narrative. From memory when we were all up in arms over the Sissinghurst copyright breach Isabelle was one of the first to imply step down because I’m all over it thus stopping the influx of complaints. That said, I’m still hoping Isabelle was a Tattler true to their word. I send my own correspondence without broadcasting it on here, that way I don’t have to rely on anyones word. I want to add that I trust @MRShavershamsdress when he says he’s emailed C4.

As @KiKiGee said, I trust no one and as the OG @MojoDublin said Tattlers Don’t Rattle. Over the last few weeks this forum has made me feel duped, jaded and like I’m partaking in a game of ‘guess who, duper or legit?’ I’m sorry if this is not a popular thing to say but I’m here to shine a light on the ever increasing lies, fraud and malpractice SJ appears to be committing, by airing it here other people can read and have their suspicions confirmed. I’m not here to read about recipes, the earths core and other such things, I would use Facebook if I was bored and inclined to chat the day away.

97% of you I hold in high regard and love being part of your world through this forum, the other 3% I navigate around and smash the ignore button like it’s Fannys face.
I broadcast the address of the CEO because I want as many people to write to the person at the top for no other reason than to try and stop the grift. When I joined I was all over Isabelle's narrative as someone who has worked in media it just didn't add up and I was pounced on. This group would in my opinion be more successful if we tried to work as a collective the old adage power in numbers is true. There is so much suspicion and cattiness at times that becomes more of the sites activity, a shame in my book. As a person I tend to trust people until given reason to question it like with Isabelle whose narrative for me didn't add up.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That is truly a pity. But why did you expect or want to be gushed over?
What kind of expectation they promised to you prior to your trip? I mean did they market it as a B&B or was it open only for patrons or youtube fans to book (not openly on eBookers etc)? When I'm going to a B&B, I have 0 expectation of the owner or the keeper to entertain me for my stay. I'm happy to be provided the service I paid for, which is literally a bed and a breakfast.
For one reason, she had a car accident while a guest at the shitoo.
May I recommend you do some research before you start pontificating on what a b n b is for and how guests should behave?
ETA
Sorry @KyBourbon, I did not see your post before doing this. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yep. Ive been used and abused for tv and the production company will reel you in with promises of great exposure, flattery and feed your ego, but they will rip you to shreds to get the most clickbait-y content. I fell for it once and never again. Fanny falls for it over and over. Has she no dignity?
Dignity? No none at all. She doesn’t even know the meaning of the word as demonstrated by her tasteless remembrance for the late Queen Elizabeth and the most disgusting thing is that NO ONE there called her out on it. FFS They all joined in.
Anything goes as long as she is centre of attention and the end result is yet more free money and gifts pouring into shittooville.
When we hope and believe she cannot get any lower in her behaviour she proves us wrong time and time again.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.