The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And what they lack in vegetables, they can make up for in alcohol! There's always plenty of that around!
That's another portion of fruit... isn't it? Or have I been getting it wrong all these years 🤔😉😅

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm infuriated thinking of all the money I spent traveling to SJ's "folly" last year for my birthday just to be ignored for 8 days when I could have shown up for a few hours on my birthday this year and been gushed over. What a sham.

bonnie johny.png

Not sure this has been posted yet.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm infuriated thinking of all the money I spent traveling to SJ's "folly" last year for my birthday just to be ignored for 8 days when I could have shown up for a few hours on my birthday this year and been gushed over. What a sham.
Yes I was thinking why don't they make an effort with their paying guests, like they did for the open days. Just rude how they couldn't care less about the paying guests unless they bring gifts and gush over Fanny.

@missartemis it's time to forgive yourself for being taken in by Fanny. It's because you are a trusting person it happened, and that is a good thing 99% of the time. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 40
My 2 cents: People can claim to be whoever they like online. There is no way to verify anyone's identity on a public and anonymous online forum. People can create multiple profiles and "chat" openly, so that it looks like other people are agreeing with them!

My personal approach is to treat everyone on any online forum as they would only be curious onlookers. Isabella, Clara, whoever, can claim they have insider knowledge. As long as it doesn't happen in real life, I take it as I would any fan-fiction and enjoy as such :D

When Isabella laid out her plans, I was suspicious and also started to read here less, because I really don't like people taking things into real life. People may gossip but taking something to real life because they've worked themselves up on a gossip forum is embarrassing. (And as it seems, it was big talk and nothing really happened, as I suspected anyways) Also the threads are full so fast, so I have no time to catch up and many times they repeat the same things: SJ is narcissistic grifter, Natty is bully, Phillip's snorts are annoying, Marie is daft, and the kitchen is unhygienic :ROFLMAO: (btw, the other Maria was brilliant playing piano) If people truly know they do something illegal, they can report it. Now need to brag about it here, or threaten here.

Reactions: 19
That is truly a pity. But why did you expect or want to be gushed over?
What kind of expectation they promised to you prior to your trip? I mean did they market it as a B&B or was it open only for patrons or youtube fans to book (not openly on eBookers etc)? When I'm going to a B&B, I have 0 expectation of the owner or the keeper to entertain me for my stay. I'm happy to be provided the service I paid for, which is literally a bed and a breakfast.

Reactions: 5
Well dear TattleFriends ……… just been watching todays episode of Chateau DIY on catch up ….& look what delights we have awaiting us at some point in the upcoming series …………🙀
I thought this was photoshop 😂

Cpt Mark Phillips was putting it about the place and has at least one illegitimate child, there are probably more. Here's an old article that covers most of the details of his child in NZ
See also Earl of Snowdon!

Reactions: 7
Yes I was thinking why don't they make an effort with their paying guests, like they did for the open days. Just rude how they couldn't care less about the paying guests unless they bring gifts and gush over Fanny.

@missartemis it's time to forgive yourself for being taken in by Fanny. It's because you are a trusting person it happened, and that is a good thing 99% of the time. ♥
But really, when you go to a b&b, isn't the idea, that they provide you a place from where you can do your touristy explorations yourself to the local area? Why would the b&b itself be the be-all and end-all destination? Do they market it as such? e.g. "no need to leave premises as we have a swimming pool, a tennis court, we offer guided tours to local area, and guided tours in our fabulous estate. We also host a dinner and spend time with you constantly"

I'm not saying that it is nice to be ignored as a paying guest, I'm just wondering if people have too high expectations due to the parasocial relationships Youtube provides.

I WANT TO STRESS: I'm not trying to attack people here. I am just truly baffled and want to know if the expectations were too high due to the their online presence, or due to what they actually promised their guests.

Reactions: 7
What kind of expectation they promised to you prior to your trip? I mean did they market it as a B&B or was it open only for patrons or youtube fans to book (not openly on eBookers etc)? When I'm going to a B&B, I have 0 expectation of the owner or the keeper to entertain me for my stay. I'm happy to be provided the service I paid for, which is literally a bed and a breakfast.
You obviously haven't read my prior contributions to this forum so I'm not going to dignify this comment with a response, except to say it's pretty insensitive.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh sea God, poor Percy, dragged to Egypt. UE looks pretty mummified already, they might worship him!
Ah I shouldn't laugh but I did anyway. 🤣 It is true he looks like he's been dug up.. he really doesn't look well. I can't imagine the effort involved in travelling for someone who would probably like to be enjoying a more sedate life.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I recommend you go back and read post #456 in Thread 117 for the full story of @missartemis personal experience. Here’s a screen shot (below)…

A17AE0E9-AB9D-468B-BE4E-71F5DE800E8E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
So why didn't you speak up and question her when she was here? I can't abide people who tit talk about anyone as soon as they leave the table...
I spoke up and questioned her and she decided to take me and another tattler to task on her very public YouTube channel. Unacceptable. Mme Flog does not like to be questioned. She reads the news on the internet, all day every day it would appear, and takes everything as actual fact without ever seeing the thing she is ranting about with her own eyes. When someone has the audacity to question her she throws a public hissy. I have no doubt that she pushed the ignore button for me so never saw my reply to her. She likes to dish but will not accept when someone questioned or proved her wrong. She used tattle to gather for her own YouTube channel constantly referring to it. What happened to tattlers don't rattle and keep it on tattle? Mme Flog could do neither.

Mme Flog is no victim. Her leaving tattle is of her own making. For the second time. She has chosen not to accept the rules. I am not so sure that her posts were really that pertinent. She used tattle to drive and promote her own YouTube channel. She regularly derailed by discussing her neighbour problems, visits, rants about brexit etc. Often times derailment here is fun and light. Unfortunately not so with Mme Flogs derailments.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Thanks for that Sparrowfart. After returning home from France, I forgave myself pretty quickly, but I still drop into the Shitou Diaries YT channel once in a while for a laugh and sometimes end up fuming instead. And even though I've moved on from the whole thing, It's fun to see what the tattlers are up to. After all, you all helped me process the whole mess...I'm really grateful for that. Peace out.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
But really, when you go to a b&b, isn't the idea, that they provide you a place from where you can do your touristy explorations yourself to the local area? Why would the b&b itself be the be-all and end-all destination? Do they market it as such? e.g. "no need to leave premises as we have a swimming pool, a tennis court, we offer guided tours to local area, and guided tours in our fabulous estate. We also host a dinner and spend time with you constantly"

I'm not saying that it is nice to be ignored as a paying guest, I'm just wondering if people have too high expectations due to the parasocial relationships Youtube provides.

I WANT TO STRESS: I'm not trying to attack people here. I am just truly baffled and want to know if the expectations were too high due to the their online presence, or due to what they actually promised their guests.
I think this is very harsh. Very few B&Bs have a youtube channel that 'sell' how they all live together as a happy family.
You forget that this B&B guest was also a Paetron of Fannys. She should have been treated with some respect for that at the very least.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I spoke up and questioned her and she decided to take me and another tattler to task on her very public YouTube channel. Unacceptable. Mme Flog does not like to be questioned. She reads the news on the internet, all day every day it would appear, and takes everything as actual fact without ever seeing the thing she is ranting about with her own eyes. When someone has the audacity to question her she throws a public hissy. I have no doubt that she pushed the ignore button for me so never saw my reply to her. She likes to dish but will not accept when someone questioned or proved her wrong. She used tattle to gather for her own YouTube channel constantly referring to it. What happened to tattlers don't rattle and keep it on tattle? Mme Flog could do neither.

Mme Flog is no victim. Her leaving tattle is of her own making. For the second time. She has chosen not to accept the rules. I am not so sure that her posts were really that pertinent. She used tattle to drive and promote her own YouTube channel. She regularly derailed by discussing her neighbour problems, visits, rants about brexit etc. Often times derailment here is fun and light. Unfortunately not so with Mme Flogs derailments.
Good for you, but I was addressing Summerbaby. This forum has become something else and I've only been here 5 months...

Reactions: 5
Stephanie has nearly 10000% more subscribers is all I meant. No offense intended but someone with 2k subscribers is a nobody compared to someone with over 200k. Anyway consider me hounded off this platform. I have no time for either Stephanie or the smaller accounts that chase for views.

Yes I know she's not making any big money as shes a small channel with not many subscribers. People tend to change once they become a larger channel. Stephanie was not always as ghastly and money grabbing as she is today.

Anyway I can see my view is not welcomed here.
I believe all views are welcome. That's what makes the diversity of tattle. Welcome and continue to join in.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Just a quick comment, so many times new people come on here and get whipped for their comments and the pack mentality kicks in, can't we all just be a bit gentler in our criticism we might just find people have something to contribute.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
bonnie johnny 2.png

Now I can't not see him. He described the Queen beautifully in that short interview. I'm enjoying his new forum so I should probably be posting these pictures over there - but wanted to do a "shout out" to the tattlers who educated me about Bonnie Johnny. I love the pics of him and the queen. He must be heartbroken.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Stephanie has nearly 10000% more subscribers is all I meant. No offense intended but someone with 2k subscribers is a nobody compared to someone with over 200k. Anyway consider me hounded off this platform. I have no time for either Stephanie or the smaller accounts that chase for views.

Yes I know she's not making any big money as shes a small channel with not many subscribers. People tend to change once they become a larger channel. Stephanie was not always as ghastly and money grabbing as she is today.

Anyway I can see my view is not welcomed here.
Don't be put off keep commenting, it is always the way on here that new people get a thrashing just ignore it and carry on. I had the temerity to question Isabelle when I first joined and swiftly got pounced on, it is just the way of this forum but not that pleasant granted. You will however have some good laughs and there are some good people on here they are just a bit cautious about people's motives and Isabelle will not help that. Miss Artemis got the same treatment too when she first joined people doubting her story if I remember correctly. Hopefully you will find it worth staying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
@C'est moi wrote in the last thread, and I was too late to comment before the new thread appeared. I am on my way down south (Languedoc Roussillon) next week, and I'd love to have some of your recommendations,@C'est moi ! especially on interesting markets worth going to, and out of the way places worth seeing. (I've been to Carcassonne etc previously, loved it all, but trying to avoid touristy places now).
No idea how to do that, without showing email, which I am not keen on...any ideas?

"It absolutely is. I have a list of places to visit with our guests. Some are extremely busy and popular, like Carcassonne (which everyone wants to see), and others are off the beaten track but equally interesting and fun. I have itineraries of walks from my house (10km max. I'm on one of the Compostelle routes) and also car routes which take you away from the popular tourist destinations. Lists of the best markets to visit on which days. It's really not difficult to find and arrange these things. It is criminal that she doesn't capitalise on what is around her for free. And speaking of free - throughout the entirety of the summer every French commune, big or small, has a fête which can last for up to a week with something happening every day - local produce markets, vide greniers, accompanied village walks, live music in the evening. All these entertainments are free and fun..........."

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@C'est moi wrote in the last thread, and I was too late to comment before the new thread appeared. I am on my way down south (Languedoc Roussillon) next week, and I'd love to have some of your recommendations,@C'est moi ! especially on interesting markets worth going to, and out of the way places worth seeing. (I've been to Carcassonne etc previously, loved it all, but trying to avoid touristy places now).
No idea how to do that, without showing email, which I am not keen on...any ideas?

"It absolutely is. I have a list of places to visit with our guests. Some are extremely busy and popular, like Carcassonne (which everyone wants to see), and others are off the beaten track but equally interesting and fun. I have itineraries of walks from my house (10km max. I'm on one of the Compostelle routes) and also car routes which take you away from the popular tourist destinations. Lists of the best markets to visit on which days. It's really not difficult to find and arrange these things. It is criminal that she doesn't capitalise on what is around her for free. And speaking of free - throughout the entirety of the summer every French commune, big or small, has a fête which can last for up to a week with something happening every day - local produce markets, vide greniers, accompanied village walks, live music in the evening. All these entertainments are free and fun..........."
I'm flattered that you have asked. I have to go up to Toulouse (again) today but will have a good think on my drive up and back and put some suggestions forward for you later or tomorrow morning ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.