The Chateau Diaries #168 The bell Toiles for thee, Stephaneeee.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1480785
The Chateau Diaries
4 minutes ago
Hello lovelies, As the video has still not finished processing and I don't know how much longer it's going to take, I've decided to move tonight's video to tomorrow night 9.15pm French time instead. Cadeaux will therefore be moved to Tuesday 9.15pm French time. See you tomorrow and Tuesday!
❤🏰❤
Let's give that a translate to honor reality: Hello suckers! Because I was too lazy to give a f**k today and nothing is happening at my shittoo anyway so I still do not have enough footage to throw together into one of my usual catastrophes, I decided to take the day off as I am entitled to some downtime with my devoted lapdog. It's not that I care about you and your expectations and schedules anyway, so no harm done, right? I see you whenever I feel like it again, but in the meantime : please remember to just keep paying up!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Let's give that a translate to honor reality: Hello suckers! Because I was too lazy to give a f**k today and nothing is happening at my shittoo anyway so I still do not have enough footage to throw together into one of my usual catastrophes, I decided to take the day off as I am entitled to some downtime with my devoted lapdog. It's not that I care about you and your expectations and schedules anyway, so no harm done, right? I see you whenever I feel like it again, but in the meantime : please remember to just keep paying up!
TikTok...she's digging her own grave. :devilish: :devilish:

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Trying to hide the fact she is on vacation. Again. View attachment 1481205
This was weeks and weeks ago

I want to see PhiPhi frolicking in the pool, with his hair dye running down his forehead and stinging his eyes! I bet Ruthie does too!
This should be the thread title I LAUGHED OUT LOUD

The Feurie's kitchen I would guesstimate has cost between 75,000-100,000 euros to complete. They have gone for the best of everything (bar the electrician I wish he would tidy those wires up) they have worked hard themselves too and a bespoke handmade kitchen is a dream. They say patron have only paid for the stone flooring my question is if they can afford all the rest why do they need patron? I think the notion of paying someone to do up their house is wrong. Again this is not a really noteworthy chateau yes it is a lovely old house, but they have chosen to live in it and with their B and B prices they should be paying for it. Again the content last night: watch them get a super duper new sit on lawn mower, uncover the floor we have already seen and make a big deal of a bargain table (so frugal).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Pa treon pay for lawn mowers as they did the shredder machine. PPatre o paid for trees and garden as well.

Florian arse wigle remeber it just checked the Christmas vlogs not there saw it on here instagram I think.

Reactions: 6

The Feurie's kitchen I would guesstimate has cost between 75,000-100,000 euros to complete. They have gone for the best of everything (bar the electrician I wish he would tidy those wires up) they have worked hard themselves too and a bespoke handmade kitchen is a dream. They say patron have only paid for the stone flooring my question is if they can afford all the rest why do they need patron? I think the notion of paying someone to do up their house is wrong. Again this is not a really noteworthy chateau yes it is a lovely old house, but they have chosen to live in it and with their B and B prices they should be paying for it. Again the content last night: watch them get a super duper new sit on lawn mower, uncover the floor we have already seen and make a big deal of a bargain table (so frugal).
But I still love them ❤

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
If anyone is short of reading material, take a look at this (quite a few things popped up when I asked the internet about BC, including a scathing review from a sommelier).

I'd not touch the company with a toile-covered barge pole. What was it SJ said? She'd only accept sponsorship from a company she'd used or was confident about plugging? Much like the wine on offer, complete bilge.

Dodgy as dodgy. Comfortable territory for Stephanie, I suppose.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Jason Dubious is busy over on FB 'Escape to Chateau de Lalande & more' What a twit..

Jason Aaron Dubey shared a post.
46m ·

Hello to you gorgeous lovers of beautiful things...on my last visit to Chateau de Lalande in Spring, I was actually on a secret art buying mission on the French Riviera for our European Collection of original works by the 20th Century Modern Masters. As an International Art Dealer and gallerist it is my duty to seek out rare and unusual works of art by Dali, Chagall, Picasso and others. Now this may sound glamorous and all, but I can tell you it is a lot of work, and I always injure myself in some way, so it can be painful. Not to mention the jet lag and 8 to 10 hour drives across Europe alone are exhausting. That being said, after I import the pieces at great expense, it is extremely rewarding, and moving when the art arrives in California. I am so pleased to share with you this magnificent acquisition by Miro, 'The Delerium of tje Coutuier' a monumental original Carborunum. This is a proud moment in an art dealers life, so I invite you to share this with me!! Lots of love to you all!
Xoxo

Dauphin Dubey, your Dauphin of Lalande View attachment 1476292View attachment 1476293View attachment 1476294View attachment 1476295View attachment 1476296View attachment 1476297View attachment 1476298View attachment 1476299View attachment 1476300

🤦🏽‍♀️ Fanny’s secret mission illness is spreading - Dauphin Dubey is the latest! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Anna has lovely feet. 😂😂 From their current insta stories.
And expensive Birkinstocks by the looks of things. I was thinking of getting those for this summer until I saw the price. Stuck to my usual toe-peg version. Oh well, maybe next summer...

Reactions: 7

I think there is a massive difference between Fanny & the Fleuries. They had proper jobs, earned money to buy property which they did up so they could sell it to buy the chateau. They weren't given it on a plate like Fanny. They have done an awful lot of the work themselves & at least Patrons can see what they get for their buck. They've used skilled professionals where necessary & Anna is meticulous in her decorating skills - no coloured pencils for her! A clean efficient business integrated into the local community & using French labour where possible. I have no problem with them providing footage for me to view for which they earn Youtube revenue. I don't pay them anything to watch it & I like it. They don't waste money on a weekly basis buying tat. They've bought cheap lighting from Ebay & aren't off on holiday every 5 minutes. The kitchen table is lovely-why buy a new one when you can have one with a bit of character? For me the main difference is that if I was a Patron I'd think I'd be seeing what they've spent my cash on - unlike at La Lande.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
If anyone is short of reading material, take a look at this (quite a few things popped up when I asked the internet about BC, including a scathing review from a sommelier).

I'd not touch the company with a toile-covered barge pole. What was it SJ said? She'd only accept sponsorship from a company she'd used or was confident about plugging? Much like the wine on offer, complete bilge.

Dodgy as dodgy. Comfortable territory for Stephanie, I suppose.

I'm no wine expect (though I do live slap bang in the middle of the worlds largest wine region) but I do like to imbibe. I regularly (once a week) vist local wine producers to buy my wine direct. I also buy wine direct from Italy over the internet and have used the same company for about 30 years. When I saw the bright cellars plug on fanny's flog, and then looked at their website, my immediate reaction was scam. All that bullshit about take the quiz to determine your palette struck me that these were "blended" wines. Common practice in France. For example, a bordeaux vineyard harvest was not so good this year or there wasn't such a good yield. That's ok, we'll get a couple of tankers of thin, tit cooperative wine from the Aude and blend it. We'll bottle with an "exclusive" label and a plain cork and sell it in the supermarkets as a Bordeaux! Hell, the guy in our local wine cooperative was bottling up shite Aude wine and selling it to America and Japan as Bordeaux. He went to prison for fraud and the cooperative closed down. But there's still a hell of a lot of wine in the cuves regularly being taken by tanker up to Bordeaux. So the next time you're quaffing on your nice rounded Bordeaux consider this... do you really know what you're drinking?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The Fleuries kitchen is beautifully made and finished, just think it is a bit safe and dare I say bland with the colour.
I agree. It is beautifully made but would look stunning in the colour of the kitchen island. I guess they can change the colour in the future if they get bored with it as it will last a lifetime ❤

Reactions: 12
He doesn’t have a license though.
God only knows why any independent adult with any sort of an even half-busy life and who lives outside a major, public transport intense city doesn’t drive. There are certain medical conditions that exclude one from applying, or he’s as thick as two short planks is all I can think of. .
My husband doesn’t drive as we lived in London and he had no need. Now we have moved to rural France, but he has no road sense or confidence to drive stating “I’ll kill myself if I start driving now”.

Reactions: 7
I agree. It is beautifully made but would look stunning in the colour of the kitchen island. I guess they can change the colour in the future if they get bored with it as it will last a lifetime ❤
I love how they've decorated, understated and clean. By sticking to their colour palette, should they decide to sell at a later stage down the line, the way they have decorated will be a massive selling point. Unlike Lala with it's hotch potch of 'tastemakers' themes and colours which are mirgraine inducing.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
And expensive Birkinstocks by the looks of things. I was thinking of getting those for this summer until I saw the price. Stuck to my usual toe-peg version. Oh well, maybe next summer...
They are worth every penny. I refused to buy them for years. I could not warrant the expense on such ugly shoes. All my yoga pals had them. Yes I have into peer pressure. I will not buy anything else now. They are so good for your feet. Cost per wear is now at 0. I wear them every single day around the house and to yoga.

You are spot on Cara @Mme Flog can confirm how long it takes to upload. Stephanie Jarvis is just using it as an excuse. He internet is perfectly fine and so it YouTube.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Patron Open Day September 2022
The event is planned to start at 11 am on the XXXXX and will end at 6 pm. We need to get everything ready for the next day so we can give each day the best of us! There’s no need for you to come at 11 am but as soon as you come, we arrange the groups for the tours and you can enjoy the chateau for longer, and have chats with everyone ;)

You will be able to meet Stephanie, Philip, Isabelle, Percy, Gerry, Amaury, Chantal, Stephen, Maria, Pavlina, Kirsty, Nic, Andie, Dana and other friends who appeared on the vlogs.

The common areas of the ground floor at the Chateau will be accessible all the time, and you will be guided through the first floor and private areas. The tours will be settled in accordance with your arrival time; please remember this is a private house and respect the places marked as such.

We will offer drinks, a light snack and cake! Unfortunately, we can’t cater for all the tastes and allergies this time - as we usually do for dinner with our guests staying at the B&B - but we will have a selection for vegetarians, and will do our best to have a big selection for you to choose from.

For the parking, we will offer the piece of land in front of the Chateau gates, and you can also park on one side of the road in front of the main gate. There’s gravel on the courtyards and a bit of walking in the forest, plus the visit to the first floor of the chateau, so we recommend you to come in comfy shoes!

As we can’t offer transportation to come to the event, I’m happy to put you in contact with other people who could travel with you or have a car to share. Please let me know if you are ok with me sharing your email.

Please send us your phone number and make sure you bring your ID with you for the check-in! I will be welcoming everyone and giving you the schedule for the tours of the day ;)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.