The Chateau Diaries #168 The bell Toiles for thee, Stephaneeee.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A friend’s husband is a yacht captain in the South of France, Italy area and she certainly wouldn’t get aboard his for an interview.
The "no room for errors" part gave me pause. Plus, is she a good swimmer? (Looks like they're going to test that.) Hope her fire-fighting skills are honed too. Oh well...maybe she'll learn to tie a few new knots.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I agree. I get the feeling she also thinks she'll cook a bit then be spending time wearing lovely clothes and sipping champagne watching the sunset with beautiful people. Don't think she realises that staff work damn hard and are definitely not there to be entertained.
I'm not sure they're allowed on deck? Especially with the smaller type yachts who'd be willing to hire a 30 year old female newbie with two days of education and no service/bartender/front of the house hospitality experience. Nunh unh. No way. Thank you, next?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If you remember the time that mama P and Sadie came to pick Michael up they were greeted very coldly in the kitchen without so much as a cup of tea

Buttery, fresh salty similar to crab but not, gosh I can’t give a great descriptive word, I’m sorry. I’m going to make lobster bisque with a dollop of Sherry tonight, everyone can get six.
I remember when ma and Sadie went to pick up Michael. It was a frosty reception. I don't think they talked. Think they got a cup of tea. I always felt that it was an intervention to get Michael away from an unhealthy relationship/lifestyle!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm not sure they're allowed on deck? Especially with the smaller type yachts who'd be willing to hire a 30 year old female newbie with two days of education and no service/bartender/front of the house hospitality experience. Nunh unh. No way. Thank you, next?
Marie just needs to watch one episode of any Below Deck series (there are now 5 versions!) to see it's a hard slog. She has no experience to be a chef on a super yacht, so that means a smaller private yacht (the type my brother is a captain on in the Med). The position would actually be chef/stew - so when she's not cooking, she's cleaning loos and making beds.

Then there are the hours. And the thing that she'll hate, the hierarchy.

And as someone has stated before, she's too late heading to get work. Everyone was there in May, looking for work. The season is nearly over!

• Heart
It's hard work. My cousin is a member of the crew on a private yacht. It's more than just getting through training and finding a job. Putting a crew together that works well and gets along is the key. Tight quarters, long days, fussy quests it's no place for an unstable, emotionally childlike person to be. You're stuck there and can't fly out of the room and pout. I can't see this being a good choice for her.
At least she is making moves towards her goal. And if she tries it and it doesn’t work out, personally I would consider that forward progress…
I truly hope this (or something else) works out for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I remember when ma and Sadie went to pick up Michael. It was a frosty reception. I don't think they talked. Think they got a cup of tea. I always felt that it was an intervention to get Michael away from an unhealthy relationship/lifestyle!
Somebody had to drive him away anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 13
From the ridiculous last flog from Stef and co. Anyone want to break the news to Louise? :ROFLMAO: Stef and Snorts don't get up until midday, then do duck all. Natty bullies everyone. Anmoury keeps getting distracted from his panelling job ...

Louise Lewis

58 minutes ago
I’m a new patreon and I would like to know who is who and their jobs at the chateau and who actually lives at the chateau. Are some of the familiar faces volunteers or are they employed at the chateau? I’m just curious-it is such a lovely cohesive group. I enjoy your vlogs so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She needs to cut her teeth working on a legit cruise ship - confined to lower decks, separated from passengers, and working 10-20 hour days. She thinks she'll waltz aboard and be Julie McCoy or Chef Whoop-T-Doo but she'll be swabbing decks and pestering folks to take their souvenir photos.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Marie just needs to watch one episode of any Below Deck series (there are now 5 versions!) to see it's a hard slog. She has no experience to be a chef on a super yacht, so that means a smaller private yacht (the type my brother is a captain on in the Med). The position would actually be chef/stew - so when she's not cooking, she's cleaning loos and making beds.

Then there are the hours. And the thing that she'll hate, the hierarchy.

And as someone has stated before, she's too late heading to get work. Everyone was there in May, looking for work. The season is nearly over!
That sounds a lot like my cousins experience. All hands on deck and get the jobs done. She may be serving, bartending or swabbing the deck, but my cuz loves it. She is eager to learn, volunteers for the worst jobs and is full of energy and personality for days. (I'm not just tooting her horn, she is really a gem). And, we all know marie is not good at any of that. The chances she will get a cherry job first go around won't happen unless she knows someone. You have to work your way up like every other job you have no experience at.

• Heart
i cant catch up with the vlogs and with you..my aunt died last monday, we had to rush back to The Netherlands..before she died.. so the last few weeks have been very hectic..i try to catch up with you all the next weeks..keep up the humor and the good work!!
Sorry to hear your sad news. My condolences and best wishes to you and your family

• Heart
At least she is making moves towards her goal. And if she tries it and it doesn’t work out, personally I would consider that forward progress…
I'm not as optimistic as you. But, I don't wish her harm. I hope she finds her way somewhere.

Reactions: 13
Oooh you are all coming back with such tantalising descriptions that I’m going to be dreaming about it. 😴🦞
I have to admit that I have always been disappointed with lobster. Tried it in a number of places & never ever thought it was anything to particularly rave about. It’s probably just me though as I seem to be in a minority

Reactions: 10
Limited edition #3, based on @Le Baiseur’s latest photoshop masterpiece.

B5DA10C6-D1FF-413E-BF6E-CEEC66FD43D5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Do you suppose she convert her Floramobile, does she even still have it, into the floating device? Actually, this would be a step up for her.
FRK floral hearse has had a makeover in anticipation of her attending and passing her certificates for her new life at sea, eyes peeled in Antibes Tattlers.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm not sure it's forward progress, more like circling back. What she doesn't seem to get is that you need to PLAN your future logically! Hopping from one fantasy to another isn't working. She has this idea that "something will happen" well, in my experience, something happens alright, not just the something you wanted to happen.

Definitely remember the occasion when Ma Petherick drove 4/5 hours one way to pick up Teabag who was told to do the honours & make her tea as SJ had a zoom call or something. What is bizarre is how his family ferry him around long-distances, even from Bordeaux, as if there were no TGV connections or even train service. You'd think being the eldest he'd have grown up & got himself together, but no, he's still mummy's blue-eyed boy who relied on her deleting & suggesting comments to cover up his obvious lazy, careless attitude.
I think the family weren't best pleased with the success he was having at Lalande bc they needed a shine on their own lacklustre channel. In fact he said the family wanted him back for xmas & came & got him again.
Don't know why he's come up here again on the thread - actually made a vlog or comment? Pity he never fulfilled his potential, a natural for filming & editing, composed his own soundtracks, was good for a laugh, even his cooking seemed to have a foundation & not just thrown together like FRK's. And yet the other side - the whingeing & whoring & total boredom with UTube after scraping all the money from it.
His family have been criticized for indulging or ignoring his mood swings - how much longer will he be living free range on Gwen's property, not bothered to learn French or drive ?- an older Phi Phi (but less obnoxious)

This should be the design for the giveaway tote bags at the Tattler Summit @ the Southernmost next month. Swag inside should include any junk or old clothing you (or your neighbors) would like to get rid of.
Already done!

B0AECBB9-EB03-46F0-9775-292B7E8B0FF6.jpeg

*just joking, anyone can mock up this type of thing on Zazzle or similar print on demand sites❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.