The Chateau Diaries #166 Awwww, Tattle made us do it….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic: Reading about the floods in Kentyucky - @KyBourbon @BlessingoftheHounds hopefully you are out of harm's way. 🙏
Thank you @ComtesseRose ! ❤ It’s actually raining right now as I type this. The terrible flash floods were in eastern Kentucky but I live in the central part of the state, so, thankfully, I wasn’t affected. 25 people are confirmed dead, however the death toll is expected to increase as more bodies are found after the water recedes.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I watched this BBC documentary last night. "My Insta Scammer Friend". The blurb for it is :
"In this era of social media, we are given more access to the private lives of celebrities and influencers than ever before. But how well do we really know our favourite online friends? This film explores the murky and, at its worst, toxic, relationship between one influencer and her followers.
The infamous viral scandals of pioneering internet sensation Caroline Calloway have captivated audiences across the globe, with some of her followers left feeling duped and scammed. "
Watch your back Fanny - Calloway got dropped in by a former friend. "The original Instagram influencer was the subject of a viral long read penned by her former friend Natalie Beach for New York Magazine’s The Cut. This documentary hears from Beach about her claims that Calloway is a phoney shrouded in lies and scandals"

Watching it I saw how the 'followers' really believed that the person they see on screen is their friend. Caroline Galloway set up events in various cities in he US & charged for it but then it all started to crumb when she couldn't organise them properly. She appears to have no shame. In 2021 Caroline unveiled her latest creation, a $75 skin care oil she fittingly calls Snake Oil.
I have been really thinking about all of the people that leave comments for Stephanie that just praise her and say things like, “Oh, we trust her to do what is right with the money we send”…and I had to really think about this and the new times that we live in. I used to faithfully watch Days of our Lives (soap opera) for probably 20+ years. Everyone understands that it is a soap opera and these people are actors. Then reality television came along and people understood that these are real people, but obviously the producers are only showing certain scenes to create more drama. We understood these are real people, not actors, participating in these shows like “The Real World”, “Survivor”, “The Bachelor”. Now there is this new phenomenon on YouTube of real people creating their own shows. I think a lot of people truly believe that since these are real people that what they are being shown is actually happening. I don’t think a lot of people have equated that a tv show like CD is basically the same as a soap opera with actors. They let you into their lives, and most people wouldn’t think that anyone would deliberately set out to create a phony soap opera kind of program based loosely off of their real life, let alone for profit.

I will confess to being pretty embarrassed when I started getting so confused about the timelines that it didn’t even occur to me that Stephanie truly wasn’t editing what had happened that day or even that week. She got sloppy. And it was finally Amaury’s mustache when they did No Shave November that opened my eyes. She aired it in December on one of her Patron blogs and I was confused as to why he had his mustache when we had already seen him shaving it off. This was my first time watching a “show” on YouTube and I guess I just believed that when she said she had to edit “tonight’s vlog”, then that is what she was doing. I am 47 years old. So…if I was easily misled then I can see why some of these viewers (who do seem to be genuinely nice people and maybe an older generation), would have a hard time grasping what is really going on. And that they need to watch all of these types of shows as if they were watching a soap opera with actors, because we don’t have a clue what is real and what is fake.

However…her videos this year should be a massive wake up call for even the most naive of viewers. Come on. She hasn’t done one thing to that dump, and she won’t even film inside it anymore. I have to say…she had a pretty good scam going…and was pretty damn believable and was actually likeable at first. Then she built her house of lies and it is just crumbling. If she could have kept things a little more honest, she might have been able to ride this thing out for a lot longer than I think it will last.

Sorry for the long post. I’ve been thinking about this for a while. Hopefully there will be more news articles and reporting regarding this new trend so people are made aware of “just because you see it on tv doesn’t mean it is true” (no matter how sweet and innocent and how many blinking wide eyes she gives the camera).

Thanks for posting about this documentary! I will look for it to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
So the reality of what he has given up is hitting home, Prince Philip clearly saw him as a protégé and had already passed some responsibility down to him, I think The Ranger of Windsor Park would have gone to him if he’d not been such an idiot and slagged off his family on National TV. Prince Charles has made no secret that he wants a pared down monarchy so there’s no way back now. SJ is nothing like Markle, SJ is a spoilt, indulged vain opportunist who is making it up as she goes along, Markle is way more calculating.
Harry didn't grasp that in return for the privilege and life of luxury, he was expected to live a life of service to the country. He thought he could live an indulged "Royal' life and could pick and choose the odd duty that he fancied.
Markle was only ever in it for how it could benefit her. Would she have married Hapless Harry if he were not a Prince? I think we all know the answer to that. She showed her cards right from the engagement interview IMHO ( and I never heard of her up until then.)
Harry may have been welcomed back into the fold after he had "found" himself but I think that ship has well and truly sailed now for the British and Commonwealth peoples. His wife won't be forgiven for the hurt she has caused and for her accusations of racism in the Royal Family and the UK, even though she was initially welcomed with open arms, and for her blatant misuse of the position she inveigled her way in to.
Harry is destined to live in luxurious exile, as his Great Uncle did.
Harry lost his mum in a tragic accident - but so did William and we don't see him constantly cashing in on it and for that matter neither do we see this in the hundreds of Armed Forces families who lose a parent in Service.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Whenever she wears a dress straight from a grabbed gift I can’t help wondering did the sender deposit any bodily fluids on it… 🤮
I think they open them all prior to, and she tries on everything. Her ego would not allow her to admit something didn't fit. Also the reading of letters sounds very rehearsed. It is a reality TV show after all.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hi. I'm new. I don't usually do this online presence stuff, it's not my thing.You seem to have created your own language so forgive me for not speaking ELVISH. Somehow, I stumbled on THIS forum .... working backwards from the latest post (today) read as far back as 120 or some such and had quite a few hours of LOL and an equal amount of head scratching. Anyway, I thought thank goodness, I'm NOT going dull. Surely, I cannot be the only one seeing outward appearances maintained to conceal a less pleasant / creditable reality at the OLE SHAT HO. It's simply incredulous!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I think they open them all prior to, and she tries on everything. Her ego would not allow her to admit something didn't fit. Also the reading of letters sounds very rehearsed. It is a reality TV show after all.
I hardly ever watch GAG specifically because of the sickly sweet OTT letters, which if I am not imagining it, have progressively got longer and, longer. I always have to FF.
I have also noticed that they are opening fewer parcels too than they did in the early days. Could just be because the GAGs are shorter these days averaging 35 mins, whereas originally, between 45/55 mins.
Charitable donations listing has also not been updated since March 2022.

Reactions: 25
Hi. I'm new. I don't usually do this online presence stuff, it's not my thing.You seem to have created your own language so forgive me for not speaking ELVISH. Somehow, I stumbled on THIS forum .... working backwards from the latest post (today) read as far back as 120 or some such and had quite a few hours of LOL and an equal amount of head scratching. Anyway, I thought thank goodness, I'm NOT going dull. Surely, I cannot be the only one seeing outward appearances maintained to conceal a less pleasant / creditable reality at the OLE SHAT HO. It's simply incredulous!!!
What was it that led you here? We’re always interested in what caused people to look a little further into Ms Jarvis and find this site. Usually there is a defining moment where things just seem off and you start to wonder….

Reactions: 24
I noticed that he was sitting next to Maria - still not convinced that nothing happened between them. She is much more age appropriate than Dana and they share the same dry SOH. ;)
And, a couple of places down along the same side of the table as PJ, specifically so that he didn't have to look at, or interact with him across the table. I personally feel that Dan dislikes PJ immensely, for the obvious reasons, of course!
IMHO it's been Maria all along. Dana is just a red herring.

Reactions: 15
Sadly, the only one confirmed is Dana and I personally believe she just took the leftovers (even though they'd denied it). Speculations are that Stephanie or/and Sabine had first pick.

Off topic: Reading about the floods in Kentyucky - @KyBourbon @BlessingoftheHounds hopefully you are out of harm's way. 🙏
Just saw the floods on my TV in Australia..... looks so bad and I hope everyone living there are ok !

• Heart
Reactions: 18
IMHO it's been Maria all along. Dana is just a red herring.
Could be the case, who really knows? :unsure:
If nothing else, Dan and Dana are good friends and Dana always appears ok/comfortable around Annalise, and vice versa!
I originally thought that it was Sabine due to a few incidents caught on the pink phone during the Venice trip back in Feb. But, then she appeared rather close to Annalise at A's birthday party at the Shitoo and, again, at the Easter gathering. Then she left the HMN earlier this year and has not really been mentioned on CD since.
Maria has always stayed in the background whenever Annalise is around imho. ;)

Reactions: 12

They seem like a nice couple, it's a shame they're wasting their time with bad reality tv. At first I thought it was more cringe than it really was. If they had done the cover with an accordion, it would sound like the Allo Allo intro. And of course Madame Edith... I mean, Mrs Stephanie Jassem, could charm us with her voice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Sadly, the only one confirmed is Dana and I personally believe she just took the leftovers (even though they'd denied it). Speculations are that Stephanie or/and Sabine had first pick.

I’ve not seen those reports as I’ve not had the tv on. @KyBourbon and @BlessingoftheHounds I hope you are both safe as are your families and friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have always thought it strange that EVERYTHING that is sent and seen on the Gift Grab fits her .
I forgot that Nasty opens everything first .
OMG..... do I Hate the reading of the letters .......they are So syrupy !
Fanny loves to read them right to the end - so great for her Huge Ego !!!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I have always thought it strange that EVERYTHING that is sent and seen on the Gift Grab fits her .
I forgot that Nasty opens everything first .
OMG..... do I Hate the reading of the letters .......they are So syrupy !
Fanny loves to read them right to the end - so great for her Huge Ego !!!
Silly cow

:D;):)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Happy Sunday Tattlers!!!
Stephanie Jarvis has achieved an all time low, per patreon $s, as of July 31, 2022.
Down 14.5% from when she established this free piggy bank, March 2020.
It is still too much but as the world economy continues to struggle her numbers will tank as well.
I have no problem with her making a living from sad YT content and sponsors. (Why any business would choose her??? Well, that's another story.)
However, the grifting needs to end.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I watched Natty&Armoir Instagram a bit.
I can't shake the impression that Armoir is wasting time and talent. Look at that precision.
Why?
Especially if we take into account that the LL is a messy, damp and unheated building.
I'm really confused.
And when I remember that he still has to serve food, water the garden...
I'm even more confused.
I hope he gets paid very well for all that.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I watched Natty&Armoir Instagram a bit.
I can't shake the impression that Armoir is wasting time and talent. Look at that precision.
Why?
Especially if we take into account that the LL is a messy, damp and unheated building.
I'm really confused.
And when I remember that he still has to serve food, water the garden...
I'm even more confused.
I hope he gets paid very well for all that.
He's got all the time in the world to waste & be precise. No rush cuz. Those suckers need to think it takes an age to get anything finished. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Happy Sunday Tattlers!!!
Stephanie Jarvis has achieved an all time low, per patreon $s, as of July 31, 2022.
Down 14.5% from when she established this free piggy bank, March 2020.
It is still too much but as the world economy continues to struggle her numbers will tank as well.
I have no problem with her making a living from sad YT content and sponsors. (Why any business would choose her??? Well, that's another story.)
However, the grifting needs to end.

I agree. Fair play with YT CD and sponsors, just seems very strange to me that there haven't been any forthcoming before now, especially in connection with the heating/facade or, even just the heavy duty equipment??? :unsure:
GAG has always been diabolically off putting imo. Plus, no-one is absolutely 100% certain whether the cheques that SJ "allegedly" pledges have actually been received by the listed recipients/charities to date either.
Ordinarily, most charities would send some kind of a thank you letter and explain where the monies will/have been spent, don't they - especially smaller charities? I regularly receive emails etc from charities who I have donated to and used the Gift Aid element, informing me of what was raised.
Can't believe that SJ would miss such a "golden" opportunity to blow her trumpet even louder. :( Only remember seeing 3/4 vlogs in that connection, art project in Suffolk that Scotsman visited and the remainder in SA - of all places!
Maybe the backlog of the GAG is dwindling. Could be why they are shorter in order to make everything last longer.
From what little I understand about YT revenue, outwith advertising breaks income etc, the GAG raises approx £3K pm just from views, which is roughly £1K less than what SJ states she has been donating during the past 6 months taking into consideration minus taxes paid on the gifts and PJ's "alleged" income for filming/editing - fact that SJ confirmed herself a year or so ago.
As a Belgian national, is it possible for PJ to be easily employed in France without having to jump through some French Gov hoops? I have absolutely no idea as have never needed to know!
However, in the very early days of GAG, they were far longer and received, on many occasions, twice as many views (higher revenue methinks), compared to present day stats but the donations back then were far, far less. Interestingly, rather a huge discrepancy in donated amounts compared to their revenue, between then and now!
I think this is certainly an area where Stephanie Jarvis, via repeated comments/pressure from TL, has become far more transparent, thankfully!
Just need for it to be the same scenario in connection with her Patreon account BUT, hopefully, the French Tax Man will bring that to a head before too much longer!
Apologies for the long ramble, but I sincerely hope that all the above makes sense. :love:

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.