The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once worked in a school where a new and very narcisistic deputy head came in. The Head was very "old school " (no pun intended) but also rather lazy, preferring to delegate to a very capable staff. Over time, his deputy took over, changing systems and so on until he was completely put of the loop. Staff approaching him with were redirected to his "critical friend (his words) " . Gradually he became a figure of fun as he too was bullied by the deputy and was shunted out.
I see similarities with Fanny and Snorts. He becomes enmeshed at Lalande, insidiously staking his claim to the furniture, gifts, the "design" for the panelling, cultivating the minor Chateau owners with his gifts of porcelain, postcards and so on. He has his little snipes at her, smirks as she speaks and then patronises her with his increasingly common comments about her "looking beyoo-tiful today" and calling her "darling". Are we underestimating the cuckoo in the nest at Lalande? Will Fanny wake up to discover that she has been usurped as the Chatelaine? It'll be sold as she has been freed up to pursue her interests in travel, etc and he takes over the day to day running of the HMN.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Here it is. I don’t recall her explaining anything about Daddy’s art, but boy oh boy she’s hopped up in this one. She was giddy talking about the piece of furniture she bought at the Givenchy sale, I don’t remember who called it, but you were absolutely correct. She even went to the preview in Paris. She’s a dirty little secret shopper. This video was completely disgusting. Enjoy.

I knew it. That was me. I found out about the auction from our newspaper.
Everything there was too expensive and almost all the pieces were sold at a much higher price than estimated.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I would like to see a list of all of the expenditures over the last year. The Dyson hair roller, the Dyson air purifier, clothing, the crazy African vase, the Givenchy secretaire, and so many other items. I do wonder if she’s used the chapel restoration money to buy the latest piece of furniture. Nothing much has been said about that for quite some time. And this whole relationship or whatever it is with PJ. Clearly he is her courtesan. Judging from numerous videos I have seen in the last year that highlight the various mistresses of wealthy men from the past and various royalty, it seems clear that her goal is to live like they did in splendor and adoration. However, in this case he is the kept boy on a string that she can pull whenever she would like. The patron video was all about PJ explaining the plan for the grand salon and then she goes on about the expensive piece of furniture that she purchased. She cannot possibly have such an endless pit of money forever. I would think that the contents of the château might have cost more than the building itself when she is done blowing $$$$$$$.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
So Larkin wants out of the Chateau? Who’s the SA investor? Potts or Mummy?
It's not so much a question of wanting out, but needing if he wants to hold on to his marriage. There are many details still too unclear to bring it as a done deal, but things are definitely set in motion.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
@Pekey, glad you hear your heating finally got sorted! Goodness, funny how something as minute as a capacitor (a $20 part) ends up becoming a $500 service call! Give my love and hugs to the ridiculously adorable Yum Yum, who I hope has forgiven you for the no-heat situation!
A touch cheaper Rexy and I bet that part was around $20 bucks if that too !
Still........ "I no complain" ...... the heat is delish !
Yum Yum is looking at me now from the heating vent he likes to plonk on and dry his eyes out !

I tell ya ....... the first thing I would have done in that run down "chateau" ... is the bloody heating !

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It could be even SJ herself funneling lake savings through her mummy.
That's a suggestion that I entertained for a while now. As well as Percy trying to get some of his money away from his own family into the hands of Les Jarvis... It's shady, that I am sure of.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
That's a suggestion that I entertained for a while now. As well as Percy trying to get some of his money away from his own family into the hands of Les Jarvis... It's shady, that I am sure of.
Clara please slash the tyres of “her (blind) mother’s” new Mercedes Benz

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Is Barbara referring to the people at the summer dinner and cocktail party?
Let me get this right the dinner was held last Sat and the cocktail party, Sunday - correct?
I too loved that comment the huge guy sitting on the couch made about him, his partner, Isobel and Scotsman being the only people there who have appropriate heating and insulation and that's why they were sat apart from the Chateau crowd.
The potager is doing fine as was witnessed in last night's vlog.
However, the forest garden maybe not so such - no surprises there then! And, that is why Stephanie Jarvis wouldn't allow anyone to film it.
Davey was there because he will be featured on C4 DIY talking about the forest garden, again another reason why SJ wouldn't let anybody film it as she was saving for C4 crew.
Whatever SJ, just hope that your patrons remain ever more patient. :rolleyes:
I wonder how much Fanny gets paid by Chan 4?

Reactions: 6
I’m afraid that @ViscountLaLande may have been run-off and we’ll never know what additional information he/she had to offer. Maybe they were a flying monkey, but maybe they were legitimate.
If he or she has milk to spill, I'm sure they'll come back. If not, sour milk, I'd say.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
That boy really thinks he owns the place too.
Squirrel is the King of LaLaLande !
If Fanny is going to get rid of him ...... good luck there !
So we went to the Givenchy auction and bought a Secretaire that was in his bedroom in his beach house ..... for the Aussies - its $ 8,894.10 as I write.
Perhaps a good investment for resale in the future but .... OMG the heating could have done with this "Birthday" money!
Oh Karma ... please come soon.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
It cannot come soon enough! Get him out! Pray to the imaginary Lord on high that Phyllis is called away indefinitely for his turn on the Amsterdam version of Broadway only to end up in the windows of the red light district selling his ass for his supper, which in effect is what he’s doing now with Stephanie.
Exactly. Some of us still use that for their nicknames (The Heap's Hookers) and let's be clear about one thing: for prostitutes they are not even payed that well. Still, they seem to enjoy their little lives, for now.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I would like to see a list of all of the expenditures over the last year. The Dyson hair roller, the Dyson air purifier, clothing, the crazy African vase, the Givenchy secretaire, and so many other items. I do wonder if she’s used the chapel restoration money to buy the latest piece of furniture. Nothing much has been said about that for quite some time. And this whole relationship or whatever it is with PJ. Clearly he is her courtesan. Judging from numerous videos I have seen in the last year that highlight the various mistresses of wealthy men from the past and various royalty, it seems clear that her goal is to live like they did in splendor and adoration. However, in this case he is the kept boy on a string that she can pull whenever she would like. The patron video was all about PJ explaining the plan for the grand salon and then she goes on about the expensive piece of furniture that she purchased. She cannot possibly have such an endless pit of money forever. I would think that the contents of the château might have cost more than the building itself when she is done blowing $$$$$$$.
When you look at the situation from that perspective, SJ is really poor! Well, she can't afford everything she wants (designer wardrobe, exotic trips and original antique furniture).
If I were in her place and had such desires, I would also be unhappy. I wouldn't be unhappy, I would be desperate. And she still has to justify herself to Patreons.
God, what an unfortunate and inconvenient situation.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I wonder how much Fanny gets paid by Chan 4?
She gets nothing from them, nothing. Yet she is still convinced she would not be where she is now without them, which is why they take precedence over the actual paying patrons, who will have to wait for their turn. A rather uninspired shag, paid for by services rendered earlier.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Who attends an auction thinking they have must buy something . . . anything? Answer: The same type of person who can't leave a brocante empty-handed.

Here is SJ's new secretaire. She is correct for once: the hammer price was EUR 5,000. However, with the 26% buyers premium the total comes to EUR 6,300 (which is what Christie's reports as the realized price). What SJ doesn't reveal to her patrons is that, with VAT, the final price is actually EUR 6,560 (which is 31.2% above the hammer price). Then there is the cost for delivery or collection, which can bring the total expenditure to well over EUR 7,000.

I'll leave it up to my fellow connoisseurs to determine if this was a fair price. Considering the replaced veneer and unattributed cabinetmaker, I think not. The estimate was fine; and with the added Givenchy association I think it should have only fetched EUR 3,000-4,000 tops.

Just another thoughtless, random, expensive object for the shittoo.

secretaire_a_abattant.jpg

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
I really hope I am wrong about Phillip and his tenure, he is buying friends with the other chateau owners, with Stephanie praises it is going to be difficult to cut him dowm. I did pick up on Philip and I bought 4 chairs thats 2 chairs each. If she stopped paying him for doing nothing he wouldn't beable to buy anything and it woudl all be her's.

She saves, on the food minor amount but spents on trips two to Vence how many to Paris now and London also winter is coming.

Reactions: 19
Even with Phillis gone - SJ will still be a conniving grifter and manipulator of truth and time lines who doesn't spend money on the house. I don't see how him leaving makes it any better - but he doesn't push my buttons like SJ does.

Reactions: 16
Thank you for posting this, @OhIDontKnow... ! 🥰!
Just started watching, and had to stop at 02:51, because I felt sick already. All these hands waving about, bl*ody nailpolish everywhere, self appointed pretend new architect/interior designer etc etc. The drawing, omG! :sick:
It serves us right, really, everyone saying "what does PJ DO all day long?" ! Now we know....o_O!
And it gets worse. The outfit. The drawstring trousers. The brooch. the red plimsolls (no one says plimsolls, I know! ;-)
We need an intervention, fashionwise, before Patreon Days!
I only lasted 43 seconds; I can't stand Snorts constant 'weeing' it makes me want to slap him in the face with a wet hedgehog!!
And I was genuinely interested in the paneling as a subject, but he's so obnoxious and disgusting so I didn't continue. If only her Patrons had the same reaction to Snorts!!

Also, I've been incommunicado this past month, and have only just finished catchups on CD, CDIY, and Tattle. Just one comment to post, is LL and more particularly Fanny, the comic relief for CDIY now? In ep. 7 the other chateau owners renovated, restored and decorated house and grounds, while Fanny cooked tomatoes and rice, and we watched people sing happy birthday. Like, Snorts, this is taking the wee-wee of viewers!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She gets nothing from them, nothing. Yet she is still convinced she would not be where she is now without them, which is why they take precedence over the actual paying patrons, who will have to wait for their turn. A rather uninspired shag, paid for by services rendered earlier.
she wouldn't they gave and give her exposure

Reactions: 12
I only lasted 43 seconds; I can't stand Snorts constant 'weeing' it makes me want to slap him in the face with a wet hedgehog!!
And I was genuinely interested in the paneling as a subject, but he's so obnoxious and disgusting so I didn't continue. If only her Patrons had the same reaction to Snorts!!

Also, I've been incommunicado this past month, and have only just finished catchups on CD, CDIY, and Tattle. Just one comment to post, is LL and more particularly Fanny, the comic relief for CDIY now? In ep. 7 the other chateau owners renovated, restored and decorated house and grounds, while Fanny cooked tomatoes and rice, and we watched people sing happy birthday. Like, Snorts, this is taking the wee-wee of viewers!
She's always been the comic relief. Remember Dick coming to the shitoo and rolling his eyes. And all the 'work' done in high heels. A botch up everytime anything is filmed for TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.