The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Percy posted he was celebrating his birthday with family and Isabelle's is soon. No visa is not the issue. When they want it, that's the issue. No rush, can't blame them.
I think they are just too old for all the shit. I mean who wants to live in a grubby commune and do loads of work because lazy Fanny never gets off her arse. Percy and Isabelle get stuck in and I think her Mum can't cope with mess or people being lazy because she is a worker. In the early ECDIY I used to look at the courtyard and think she has lived there for 15 years and not planted a single plant-that just needs a shovel and a few euros the answer was Fanny couldn't be bothered and yet she witters on about aesthetics all the time. Can you imagine living in all those unfinished rooms, wallpaper hanging off the walls it would drive me nuts. Start something see it through and then go on to the next project not start 20 things and finish none. Her bloody office is really annoying why start if you are not finishing?

Reactions: 37
I'm thinking of posting a comment on the CD vlog, but need help deciding which one:

Stephanie, having faithfully watched hours of footage of crockery in your vlogs, I feel I now have a good idea of what a plate looks like, so shall we move on?

Or

Stephanie, it's clear how fond you are of all your different sets of crockery. Have you thought about doing a vlog where you interview some of your favourite pieces?

Reactions: 51
View attachment 1418505
Barbara O'Shea
15 hours ago
Chateau life: The known knowns, the unknown knowns and the unknown unknown Knowns. I think .........
Is Barbara referring to the people at the summer dinner and cocktail party?
Let me get this right the dinner was held last Sat and the cocktail party, Sunday - correct?
I too loved that comment the huge guy sitting on the couch made about him, his partner, Isobel and Scotsman being the only people there who have appropriate heating and insulation and that's why they were sat apart from the Chateau crowd.
The potager is doing fine as was witnessed in last night's vlog.
However, the forest garden maybe not so such - no surprises there then! And, that is why Stephanie Jarvis wouldn't allow anyone to film it.
Davey was there because he will be featured on C4 DIY talking about the forest garden, again another reason why SJ wouldn't let anybody film it as she was saving for C4 crew.
Whatever SJ, just hope that your patrons remain ever more patient.

Reactions: 18
Summer pudding- yes. Summer pudding is such a show stopper, fresh and easy to make. Imagine the berries available at the local markets at the moment. I assume the food budget is very small in keeping with SJ's meanness.

Reactions: 19
Quick someone get in there now and Patent dolls and dolls houses before they do And save the world from such monstrosities.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
He's a returning volunteer called Claus (I think?) who cycled all the way from somewhere 2 countries away - can't remember where exactly though! Probably only brings a rucksack so fancy "dinner party" gear is not part of his wardrobe.

Reactions: 15
REply to page 2 grow a nail long to scratch doors with???? True story of my sister, son grew one lon nail to pick nose with, second son grew one longer to stab him with, when he picked nose. Mother continued to bite her nails in despair that they would never grow up.

Grandmother, mother of son 1 and son 2 now encourages grandson to grow one nail long, has said when misson acomplished she will share how such a long nail should be used. . Ive often wondered if philips snorting is using long nail to either pick nose, using long nail to assit with placing some object up nose or sinus.

Reactions: 14
She never plans a menu or shops for her guests. It's always "found" meals of whatever is left in the pantry/fridge and what can be scrounged from the garden. 16 people sharing 3 blackberries FFS!
I flicked through the flog just to see the food and table. The food is so "small", so stingy. The onion dish couldn't possibly be enough for 16 people. And the soup should have been presented in better bowls than that see-through glass thing. It looked like vomit. They just don't get it with anything they do.

Reactions: 22
I agree, her vlog content has defo nosedived during the past year AND, progressively they have become really boring. Primarily due to no real restoration or renovation - which as we all know, is what SJ specifically promised all her Patrons. Same old shite, just a different day scenario!

As to the current inhabitants at the HMN :
SJ/PJ - won't even go there because it has all been said before.
I like Russian Maria, at least she has a SOH and is obviously really creative with courgettes, which is just as well.
Outside of Dan's relationship situation, I think he is fine, he's just lost his way during the past year or so, primarily due to the N's influence - life happens and we all live and learn! Hopefully, it won't end too badly.
Pavlina still appears uncomfortable being at the HMN. Or is it just her personality type, i.e. serious/introvert? I am still on the fence where she is concerned regardless of her status.
Amaury/Nutti - couldn't give a toss about them as they seem so far up their own arses these days and obviously refuse to be on camera most of the time, except for when they are snogging like teenagers at the dinner table. So immature!
Just what exactly has Amaury been doing during the past year supposedly working 5 days a week, apart from the Marquis lower wall panelling and, of course, constantly tidying and locking up his workshop. They've made their bed and all that.

Percy posted he was celebrating his birthday with family and Isabelle's is soon. No visa is not the issue. When they want it, that's the issue. No rush, can't blame them.
IJ's birthday is 17th July, only remember because same day as my sister's.

Reactions: 26
Yeah Davey is the clue as to what they are filming for CH4. That garden was started and now they are concentration in a specific area to enhance so it looks good and established on the episode. That’s the only reason Stephanie Jarvis got onto that digger. It was in prep for a ch4.

Reactions: 22
Summer pudding- yes. Summer pudding is such a show stopper, fresh and easy to make. Imagine the berries available at the local markets at the moment. I assume the food budget is very small in keeping with SJ's meanness.
You generally make Summer Pudding with sliced white bread, defo not stale French baguettes/pastries, you just couldn't achieve the perfect finish/texture.
What I can't ever comprehend, is if you know you are giving a Summer Dinner Party for 16, wouldn't you first of all ask your gardener what is in season/available, then give that information to your "slave" AKA volunteer chefs what else they will need? AND, then buy/order all the other ingredients in readiness? Simples!
I know, I know - I am talking about miserly and unorganised SJ and the HMN here.
The only time SJ is ever organised and on time is when C4 are filming.

Reactions: 19
yes SJ mentioned they were almost reaching 200k subscribers, but didn’t they already reach that? Did a ton unsubscribe like me and many here?
Glad to know about the subscribe/unsubscribe spanner in the works for the algorithm!!

yes SJ mentioned they were almost reaching 200k subscribers, but didn’t they already reach that? Did a ton unsubscribe like me and many here?
Glad to know about the subscribe/unsubscribe spanner in the works for the algorithm!!
She celebrates reaching 100k subs. We here suspect she has been purchasing subs.

Reactions: 20
Don't you generally swirl cream/sour cream around a bowl of cold summer soup, rather than a huge quenelle of creme fraiche dumped in the middle? I thought this Stuart girl was a cordon bleu chef in training but being fair to her, she prob didn't have cream available in any event. Or, is the quenelle thing now a current trend? IDK!
I think the huge courgette filled with roasted onions was a side dish and a jokey way to use it by Stuart and Maria - one onion would have 100% been plenty enough for any guest.

Reactions: 9
just get a Barbie and let it melt a little in the oven, then dress it in Barbie fashion from the 80s… SJ sorted! Then for PhiPhi use a skipper doll… leave it in a hot car for a week tolet the hair frizz out… dress it in Barbie fashions from the 90s and a couple of Victorian costume pieces… and make sure to stuff a Barbie slipper down the front of the pants for optimum awkward bulging!

Reactions: 24

Thank you so much for the recipe . I have a huge zucchini I need to use ! I love ,love ,love all your recipes and recommendations and food combinations…(Still looking for my white trash cookbook, I know I have it but it is amongst my obscene collection…so it’s been hard to locate!)

Reactions: 7
Her apartment must be scorching hot without AC, and why go there to look at the mess, dirt and lack of even basic minimal tidying. I'd start yelling also the moment I'd step inside the house. A bunch of lazy squatters living there like pigs. It's too much for Madame Poppins if nobody cleans after themselves. We see the same stains week after week only growing Infuriating.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.