The Chateau Diaries #149 Jason Dubey said: "Complete Isolation And Desolation Of This Place"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not Fanny Fending here BUT do you recall when Jason Doubious FIRST insisted on visiting Lalande? I caught his initial beseech on a live chat, just before Halloween. Fanny answered that the B&B was closed for the season but ..... DuDubious had already discovered the way to the Charlataine's avaricious heart and promised he would gift her an "original" (😁😁😁 ) Dali poster/print. The doors to the tack room were flung wide in anticipation and in strode the ever self promoting, Westwood wearing Jason, bearing gifts . NOT, however, the promised gift, but that ghastly, nasty (never seen again) red bag with the clock (a la Flava Flave and i am NOT spell checking that).

Lesson learned. Although, i see, from this visit, after successfully locating 10,000 original Miros, he did bequeath a Dali print. (Worth the paper it is printed upon). If Jason did not have his own commercial interests, constantly flogging his place in Tahoe, or wherever, I could feel compassion for him.

Wow. This guy sounds like a tool. And to think I felt bad for him. Let me revise...regardless of JD's douchebaggery, I stand by my treatise that if she is going to take money from people she needs to treat them with a modicum of respect. If he was just some besotted fanboy that would be one thing, but he is a patron. The whole thing reminds me of the 1991 movie Impromptu about George Sand - there's a segment when she and some artists visit the home of a patron and they brutally make fun of the patroness during their visit. Since George Sand is from the same area as the Shittoo, maybe it's a regional tradition.

Reactions: 23
The comments on the latest How To Renovate A Chateau are everything! People are plowing SJ over in the comments and I AM HERE FOR IT!

*Edit. Shoot - they already deleted them. Just as I was about to get screen shots.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Tattle really needs to collaboration with a gambling site for the over/under when the Fleuries neighbor St Martin’s Church is renovated versus Fannie’s poor Chapel of St Joseph aka Chapel of the Grifters.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Put the sympathy on hold y'all. He's still an attention-seeking drama queen.

"I had an apartment and I knew in advance I would be on my own, that the Chatelaine would be gone, and that the Chateau was closed so it was fine. I had my own kitchen in the apartment which is an independent accomodation. I own a sixteen bedroom BnB myself and sometimes people vanish into the big house and someone is there somewhere but you have to call them on the phone to find them. "

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Glad to see you posting here again! Hopefully time has helped heal some of your terrible experience at the dilapidated farmhouse.
Well, I tried to stay away but failed. I saw the postings in the last thread about Morgan's YouTube channel and got hooked back in. I was at the Shittoo the same time as Morgan and she was incredible! Funny, smart, interesting, not at all elitist or snobby, She helped me after the car accident and treated me with respect. She also has more talent in her little finger than phiphi and fannie and the whole shitoo crew combined. I'm looking forward to her channel. IMHO

Reactions: 31
Thanks @KiKiGee for the inspiration - although I went with the Celine Dion version... because it is Jason Dubey. LOL.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Glad to see you posting here again! Hopefully time has helped heal some of your terrible experience at the dilapidated farmhouse.
It totally has...at least now I can chalk it up to a "learning experience". :sneaky: :LOL: My friends want me to write a book about it. I'm considering it.

Thanks @KiKiGee for the inspiration - although I went with the Celine Dion version... because it is Jason Dubey. LOL.

View attachment 1303602
OMG. I'm having PTSD flashbacks. The music was brilliant. I wish we could post this on Trip Advisor. This is exactly what happened to me. And it is deeply unsettling to be in that place alone - the damn ghost didn't even show up for a chat. But, Hey JD, just so you know, there is someone there hiding in the servant's quarters and they're probably keeping an eye on you through the shutterless windows in your apartment.

Put the sympathy on hold y'all. He's still an attention-seeking drama queen.

"I had an apartment and I knew in advance I would be on my own, that the Chatelaine would be gone, and that the Chateau was closed so it was fine. I had my own kitchen in the apartment which is an independent accomodation. I own a sixteen bedroom BnB myself and sometimes people vanish into the big house and someone is there somewhere but you have to call them on the phone to find them. "
Wait. What? He knew he was going to be the only one there and he's still whinging? UHG. A 16-bedroom BnB huh? Where would that be exactly? Is it in the same place you keep your expensive art collection perhaps? Jeesh. The plot thickens. I feel like such a stooge because I just post something in defense of patron visitors who get duped by SJ's dishonesty and then more gets revealed about the lonely guy. I'm not on FaceBook so I'm way behind the curve on this one.

The comments on the latest How To Renovate A Chateau are everything! People are plowing SJ over in the comments and I AM HERE FOR IT!

*Edit. Shoot - they already deleted them. Just as I was about to get screen shots.
well it's not over yet. I'm heading over there to spread some joy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
so there is Philip, folding the napkins against his mangy sweater.. ewwwww....

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Wait. What? He knew he was going to be the only one there and he's still whinging? UHG. A 16-bedroom BnB huh? Where would that be exactly? Is it in the same place you keep your expensive art collection perhaps? Jeesh. The plot thickens. I feel like such a stooge because I just post something in defense of patron visitors who get duped by SJ's dishonesty and then more gets revealed about the lonely guy. I'm not on FaceBook so I'm way behind the curve on this one.
Here's Jason's "chateau": https://americanriverinn.com/

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Too busy for the live chat... but shows up in the comments.

Kate Hobbs
4 minutes ago
It is just over 1 year since the panelling for the grand salon arrived. Any chance we can see an update? Also well over a year since Natti’s apartment was being built, was it ever finished? 🇦🇺 how time flies!

The Chateau Diaries
1 minute ago
The grand salon will be started very soon - it’s our next interior project. Nati’s apartment is on hold until we get the planning permission for the doors

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
In Fanny's new vlog she gave "Gront" a theme song that was played a couple times with the lyric "it should have been you." Hmmm...

Also, I'm glad to see they implemented my idea for the fugly yellow watering tubes around the fountain.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.