The Chateau Diaries #147 Fanny knows, with sadness, the only cock she will see every morning is Spud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed. Marie's spiel on her reinvented, sorry - revamped, Patreon page says:

The back story:
The old watermill is unfortunately not owned by Marie herself, but by 3 lovely sisters; Chloe, Penny and Zoe. Their mother, Sue, bought the property many years ago and turned it into a lively bed and breakfast. The house has therefore entertained many staying guests for years making the old watermill already a loving home and destination. Marie came in contact with Chloe (one of the sisters) through Instagram and one thing let to another and Marie is now the happy caretaker and B&B Manager for Moulin Du Lac

I see the header to her Patreon has changed. Do the three sisters realise what they're letting themselves in fo r?

View attachment 1293720
So odd, "unfortunately not owned by Marie.." well no Marie, you can't own anything if you don't earn money Dear... It's not unfortunate, it's you're a broke ass.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
One would think Chloe, Zoe, Penny, and Sue should be able to manage things by themselves.
Maybe MFK needs Patreon money to pay the Brontë sisters to let her run their B&B until she switches to her next project…what comes after B&B? Does she move to ships or submarines? She has (had?) a van, did she try the Van Life Movement? Maybe her and Dan can make a convoy

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh Gawd! Is anyone following Jason's FB posts?

Jason Aaron Dubey
spdtf yf8ta2iM f1P 1Mi3:0 1f2a071 ·

On the way to St. Paul de Vence to buy art today I popped into Cannes for lunch at the 75th Annual Cannes Film Festival, drove the Beamer through security, got rock star parking and up front red carpet bistro seating! Police were everywhere and you can see the people and paparazzi lining up to see the STARS coming out of the grand beach front hotel (behind Jason Bateman sitting near me in the bistro with blue hair..)

Jason Aaron Dubey
Jeanne Wilcox awe, Thanks Jeanne! The stars are out!..lol In Marseilles someone else asked if I was an actor..!
1f606.png
1f601.png
1f60a.png
1f618.png

Jason Aaron Dubey
Charlotte Lugo Dubey Thanks! The life of an art dealer!
1f625.png
1f633.png
1f60e.png
1f601.png
1f618.png

Patricia Collins
Was it hard to get a table?

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Dumpster diving and our comte in one sentence!!!!! See image for the emotional damage
I didn't even think of that. I know he values the real tea and that's the way to get it.

Stephanie said in a recent vlog or comment that they DO NOT wash their eggs :sick:
It's not recommended.
If you are a germ phobe American, the authoritative cooking scientist Harold McGee has a way to sterilize egg yolks for use in raw applications, like mayonnaise, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So odd, "unfortunately not owned by Marie.." well no Marie, you can't own anything if you don't earn money Dear... It's not unfortunate, it's you're a broke ass.
Is she really going for $500K a month?
This is delusion.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I didn't even think of that. I know he values the real tea and that's the way to get it.

It's not recommended.
If you are a germ phobe American, the authoritative cooking scientist Harold McGee has a way to sterilize egg yolks for use in raw applications, like mayonnaise, etc.
Yep! I'm a germaphobe American :LOL:

Reactions: 2
Walt's original vision for his park is awesome, unfortunately those in Admin/management have lost sight of it and are more concerned with the status quo and making sure not to be revealed as the hacks they are. To get ahead, it's all about nepotism and being a sycophant. I really could write a book on my experience and there's far too much to go into here, but I spent 15 years being abused by Guests and walking a daily tightrope hoping my supervisorial role wasn't randomly taken away which would affect my daily schedule, my hourly pay, my benefits, etc. And all those knives in my back from colleagues all trying to get ahead by making others look bad (that's the atmosphere management fostered.) It wasn't until I was in my current job that I realized I had PTSD from my time at Disney and it took me quite some time to feel secure again in my employment. This, btw was in the Anaheim location.
I heard once that Disney staff hated Disneyland, their horrible pay and terrible working conditions so much they referred to their working place as "Mouse-wich". They then reportedly received a directive from the Disney management that saying that staff were not to use the appellation, and anyone doing so would be fired on the spot. So the staff began referring to Disneyland as "Duck-au" instead. I wondered at the time if this is true, or just urban legend.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Disney is at the top of the list of reads for fascist aesthetics. Crowd control, perspective, scale and other manipulation, awesome. I know nothing about how employees are treated but can easily see how it would be in the Disney aesthetic to control them rigidly.
And, nothing is more Lalande than fascist aesthetics and giving your employees PTSD. Shrek has already developed the Disney connection with the €2300 Disney bound cos play wardrobe sewing weekends he tried to scam last year. And @DEEPblue82 made the "mockDisney aristocracy" genius observation yesterday.

Amazon product
That's a great book btw. I've always been fascinated with the artistry that goes in Disney parks and how they use architecture, landscaping, music, etc. to tell stories and invoke emotion. Walt definitely had a gift, and it didn't hurt that his early designers all came from the film industry. A lot of incredibly talented people helped create that place. That's what I still love about Disney - completely separate from the cold corporate entity it is today.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That's a great book btw. I've always been fascinated with the artistry that goes in Disney parks and how they use architecture, landscaping, music, etc. to tell stories and invoke emotion. Walt definitely had a gift, and it didn't hurt that his early designers all came from the film industry. A lot of incredibly talented people helped create that place. That's what I still love about Disney - completely separate from the cold corporate entity it is today.
Disney is one of the more beautiful and benign expressions. Asmara, the modern city Mussolini built in Ethiopia, is even more beautiful, and much sadder. Fascism has a utopian vision, like everything else.
Amazon product

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I heard once that Disney staff hated Disneyland, their horrible pay and terrible working conditions so much they referred to their working place as "Mouse-wich". They then reportedly received a directive from the Disney management that saying that staff were not to use the appellation, and anyone doing so would be fired on the spot. So the staff began referring to Disneyland as "Duck-au" instead. I wondered at the time if this is true, or just urban legend.
I've never heard it described in those terms though it very well could be, especially in the days after Walt died leading up until the infamous strike in the 80s. It's pretty difficult to get fired there considering union and CA labor laws. Most folks that get fired have severe attendance issues or have committed serious safety violations.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Jason Aaron Dubey

On the way to St. Paul de Vence to buy art today I popped into Cannes for lunch at the 75th Annual Cannes Film Festival, drove the Beamer through security, got rock star parking and up front red carpet bistro seating! Police were everywhere and you can see the people and paparazzi lining up to see the STARS coming out of the grand beach front hotel (behind Jason Bateman sitting near me in the bistro with blue hair..)

Jason Aaron Dubey
Jeanne Wilcox awe, Thanks Jeanne! The stars are out!..lol In Marseilles someone else asked if I was an actor..!View attachment 1294540View attachment 1294541View attachment 1294542View attachment 1294543

Jason Aaron Dubey
Charlotte Lugo Dubey Thanks! The life of an art dealer!View attachment 1294544View attachment 1294545View attachment 1294546View attachment 1294547View attachment 1294548

Patricia Collins
Dear Dildoe-head Jason,
Looks like you're having a blast in your beemer (see more on this below)! I, too, had a blast today, driving my beemer to the grocery store and then a trip through the Chick Fil-A drive through for some chicken nuggets. When I paid at the first window, the sweet girl who took my money asked if I was a movie star! You and I are twinsies!!!
Now, if you're going to throw expensive names around to impress, try spelling them correctly.
It's Yohji Yamamoto.....NOT........... Yogji Yammamoto.
It's beemer not beamer.
Idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I've taken one for the team and watched Selmar's latest. So, to summarise: nice couple with lovely historical chateau where everything is either "very beautiful" or "very old". As usual, the sound is screwy, Tatyana is once again dressed like a pixie wench and surprisingly, ballrooms don’t rate a mention.

Here it is for those who wish to brave Selmar's booming laughter, which I swear, can probably be heard all the way into the dark reaches of solar system and be mistaken for a sonic weapon of mass destruction...

Gosh the previous owner sold just about everything he owned to the new one, even the family crest! He left there the whole library with a stunning collection of antique books, precious antique furniture and paintings and even the china with the family crest and a rare museum quality collection of stoneage manufacts. I can't imagine getting rid of your family history like that. It must have cost a fortune to the new chap. And all seems to be in perfect condition.
I was very curious and had a look at the history of the castle, or better manor house. There isn't much but I found some interesting information. The actual one was build by a Comte de Pins in 1806, and in fact the style is certainly not medieval, more Empire. Maybe on top of some older structure. What puzzled me though is the fact that the de Pins family only came on the scene at the end of the XVIII cent. by marriage to the only member left of the original family, the de Voisins d'Alzau, who actually can be traced back to the XIII cent. This is why in the family crest there are two crests. The se Pins one has three gold pinecones.
And the crystal chandeliers! Oh my, enough to make SJ green with envy!
Apparently the previous owner was a museum curator, so you can imagine. No crumbling dump here!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Jason Aaron Dubey

Jason Aaron Dubey
Jeanne Wilcox awe, Thanks Jeanne! The stars are out!..lol In Marseilles someone else asked if I was an actor..!View attachment 1294540View attachment 1294541View attachment 1294542View attachment 1294543

Jason Aaron Dubey
Charlotte Lugo Dubey Thanks! The life of an art dealer!View attachment 1294544View attachment 1294545View attachment 1294546View attachment 1294547View attachment 1294548

Patricia Collins
WTF? Absolutely desperate.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Gosh the previous owner sold just about everything he owned to the new one, even the family crest! He left there the whole library with a stunning collection of antique books, precious antique furniture and paintings and even the china with the family crest and a rare museum quality collection of stoneage manufacts. I can't imagine getting rid of your family history like that. It must have cost a fortune to the new chap. And all seems to be in perfect condition.
I was very curious and had a look at the history of the castle, or better manor house. There isn't much but I found some interesting information. The actual one was build by a Comte de Pins in 1806, and in fact the style is certainly not medieval, more Empire. Maybe on top of some older structure. What puzzled me though is the fact that the de Pins family only came on the scene at the end of the XVIII cent. by marriage to the only member left of the original family, the de Voisins d'Alzau, who actually can be traced back to the XIII cent. This is why in the family crest there are two crests. The se Pins one has three gold pinecones.
And the crystal chandeliers! Oh my, enough to make SJ green with envy!
Apparently the previous owner was a museum curator, so you can imagine. No crumbling dump here!
Thank you for this...I may just watch now and fast forward through the boring bits!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.