Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
I’m in two minds. On one hand she describes being depressed and ending her life, on the other reaching out for patreons.

The cynic in me would say she’s grifting and appealing to superfans better nature similar to MP, the other side thinking she needs help. And soon!

‘Self discovery’ is hard on your own, harder with no professional help.
I think she wants a life she can’t have and that could be at the root of her problem.
Let’s hope her so called friends at LaLande reach out to her.
It’s also pretty difficult to deal with depression with no money. Worrying about money leads to anxiety and worsening depression. She needs a doctor

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Pekey

VIP Member
oh yes i forgot that whipwoman..what was that. all about....they seem to attract all of the weirdest people from the planet.. 🙄 i guess the woman had a lott of work with her whip...to stear things up...or to give some of them some pleasure..🙄
Who travels with a whip? Mmmmm

I get the impression he's not comfortable when Scotty's around, they never spoke to eachother at all, and he kept looking at Fannie for cues... odd fellow.
I think you are right ...... I get the feeling that the Tartan Terror does not like Squirrel at all !

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

Jeeves

VIP Member
I agree with much that you and others have already said and it goes someway to explaining why her friends paid for that trip to Norway.
Marie was already pretty damaged by the time she arrived at the HMN.
the first time. I am sure she made a pretty easy target in that respect.
She appears to have little contact with her mum, her siblings and step-siblings. I wonder if they found her pretty difficult to live with? She claims to have been bullied at school - perhaps she was but maybe this is just how Marie saw it when things didn't go her way. Once again she certainly had problems making friends. She seems finds it difficult it difficult to manage relationships, either with family, friends or romantically. It was noticable that her step-father didn't appear in the vlog and the young boys seemed very wary of her. She seems to be searching some kind of romantic attachment. ( I remember hearing that she had a relationship with Jamie ). Does she perhaps latch on to people in the hope that they can solve all of her problems? I think she would be very difficult and very manipulative to live with and perhaps she does cause problems where she lives, either in Lalande, Norway or in Yorkshire. Maybe as we speculated, she outstayed her welcome and kindhearted Nicky threw her the olive branch of a place to stay in France.
Lalande certainly did not help her situation but I don't think we can pile all of the blame there.

• Sad
  • Heart

Tea with lemon

VIP Member
Regarding SJ's yellow dress ........
I adore David Atenborough, his documentaries and his voice in them. I watched everything I could that this man had ever filmed, and it was shown on our TV channels.
In an interview, a journalist asked him why he is always in the same blue shirt and beige pants.
The answer was very simple: We shoot in different parts of the world, for years. We always record something interesting on location that is not a topic of current interest. Depending on the theme of the documentary (birds around the world, climate, oceans) I can always use some old footage I remembered to be good or useful. Since I’m always in the same outfit inserting old shots isn’t a problem.

• Wow
  • Heart

Iolair

VIP Member
I really don't think Dan got new teeth. My ESPN is not going off.
Maybe be got married???? Ha ha ha!! To Kat! Or Bubble girl? Or Sabine??? Or Phi Phi ( he admitted to seeing his butt😉😝).
I think Dan getting new teeth is as likely as him attending an occupational health and safety course.

• Haha
  • Heart
I feel sorry for Marie but she has no shame, begging for money either by patreon or a direct paypal gift that will help her recover from depression and make her want to live again. She should get herself employed, earn her money, gain some self respect and new people will come into her life. I'm a Granny and I don't fall for any of this BS.
If you have any exprerience of narcissistic abuse you will know that it is not just as easy as that. I know. It is likened to suffering PTSD. I am not a wimp or had mental health issues before my misfortune to encounter Mr Narc but it certainly left me with them.
I am tiring of blaming the victim & not the perpetrator. Fanny took her in under her wing, little girly chats getting all the gen on Marie's past. Not just befriended her but made her the BFF. For someone with low self esteem this is heady stuff. For a person to do that to someone when they have confided their past is nothing short of disgusting. Fanny tired of her, dropped her, made her feel in the way - that she needed her florist studio blah blah. We can see that Marie is a nitwit for falling for the flattery - but Fanny was her saviour, her heroine. That her cooking was great. That she looked so pretty. All BS.
The realisation of what has been done takes time. The deliberate change of plans coming back from Italy to avoid her possibly visiting the chateau. The calls not returned, promises made & broken, Natti raised up to BFF, Pavlina given her studio..slowly slowly the pennies dropping that she has been dropped from a great height. No floral business, no tagging onto La Lande's coat tails - few years older, still no love of her life, broke & abandoned. It's sad IMO.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Since this is in relation to the USA and Canada during that period there were 11 million Native Americans pregenocide... Why are any of you going backwards from the time France was established??? Thats backwards... But hey if ever 99 percent of the people living in the area of France are killed due to ignorant illegal immigration and genocide then you may have a point...
look.. what happened to indigenous populations was/is unspeakable, but unfortunately, man's history has never been pristine from a conquerors'/ powerbase perspective, for example slavery, femicide, sex trafficking, and on and on and on - the Roman's were certainly not saints too
Pardon the derailment:

We all need to have a broader point of view of history, and no, I don't mean colonization is justified or glorified, just a broader view of history.
Fact is, almost every dominant culture/civilization in history attempted to rule over other people groups and claimed lands they had no right to.

My nanny came from the Philippines. She taught college-level history in the Philippines before she moved to the US. When the Spaniards arrived in the Philippines, they did not try to kill all the natives (they did kill a lot though), but they did subjugate them--and created a caste system that was based on birthplace, ancestry, and skin tone. The caste system has become so entrenched in the country that to this day, any person with a lighter skin tone is deemed more beautiful, intelligent, and superior. Prior to the arrival of the Spaniards in the Philippines, native tribes fought against each other for territorial expansion to the point of almost extinction. Historians agree and evidences prove that such is the case among the tribes of the Americas, Africa, Asia, and even Europe. It is with wry shame I admit that even my people, after leaving a life of subjugation and slavery in Egypt, tried to annihilate the inhabitants of Canaan with a belief that God promised that land to Abraham. A few thousand years later, one deranged dude tried to erase my people from the face of Europe.

My point is, that a broader view of history will make each of us realize that there is not a single civilization or people group that doesn't have blood in their hands or a colonist legacy. Nowadays, world colonization takes place in the form of entertainment--Hollywood. Native cultures, beliefs, norms, and mores are being questioned and to a degree being erased and are being replaced by Hollywood's values.

Now back to Lalande.

Last edited:
  • Heart

T Rex

VIP Member
I just finished watching the latest vlog. Sharon has to by far be the most effervescent guest in the history of the Shitoo- the entire village came out to watch her when she was doing her whip practice, and she was such a sport about it, wearing a tiara at that- and laughing...REAL laughter! Nuti wanted to shut THAT down really quickly... Sharon is also gorgeous. Of all the vols and residents, I would befriend Sharon- she seems like a fun, positive person, and is definitely a breath of fresh air.

Oh Snorts - he’s probably furiously scrubbing the dirt he got under his long nails. Hope to GOD he didn’t chip a nail. Awful.
And now that posed picture of Stephanie has been posted on Tattle - you know Snortie is going to be digging again, trying to track down those boots.
I was howling when Fanny handed him the gardening gloves, and he disdainfully remarked, "Why did you not give us the gloves FIRST?!" as he was (oh the horror) holding a plastic planter with a plant in it. I daresay, even Fanny in her yellow dress emitted more masculinity than Sir Prissypants! I have to give Gerry props, as he was the only one actually doing the digging.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

M&MsMom

VIP Member
I agree with much that you and others have already said and it goes someway to explaining why her friends paid for that trip to Norway.
Marie was already pretty damaged by the time she arrived at the HMN.
the first time. I am sure she made a pretty easy target in that respect.
She appears to have little contact with her mum, her siblings and step-siblings. I wonder if they found her pretty difficult to live with? She claims to have been bullied at school - perhaps she was but maybe this is just how Marie saw it when things didn't go her way. Once again she certainly had problems making friends. She seems finds it difficult it difficult to manage relationships, either with family, friends or romantically. It was noticable that her step-father didn't appear in the vlog and the young boys seemed very wary of her. She seems to be searching some kind of romantic attachment. ( I remember hearing that she had a relationship with Jamie ). Does she perhaps latch on to people in the hope that they can solve all of her problems? I think she would be very difficult and very manipulative to live with and perhaps she does cause problems where she lives, either in Lalande, Norway or in Yorkshire. Maybe as we speculated, she outstayed her welcome and kindhearted Nicky threw her the olive branch of a place to stay in France.
Lalande certainly did not help her situation but I don't think we can pile all of the blame there.
And I agree with you! Particularly your last line, which I highlighted.

I'm not discounting what anyone has said here about the causes of Marie's issue, but I have to offer one thing that has been overlooked. In one of her "a bit about me" videos, perhaps the one of the ones where she said she participated in self-harm, she discussed how she was bullied as a child, how she never fit in while at school, how when she left school she felt she didn't fit in anywhere. She said that when she was finally diagnosed with thyroid disease, a light bulb went off and everything became clearer to her about why she was the way she was. She said she got the medication she needed and everything was better. For those who are not aware, thyroid issues can cause severe depression when left unchecked and is something I think has caused sort of a relapse for her. I read her website diary.....at some point, after she arrived at la Lande, she made a decision to go off her medication, saying she didn't like the way the drugs made her feel. This was around the time that she started going vegan - it was an attempt at "getting healthy". It's true - medication for thyroid issues can cause lethargy and sort of a fog, but it can be corrected with tweaking medication. So, in a very real sense, the very issue that caused her depression, her feeling as an outcast as a child with an undiagnosed thyroid issue, has come full circle and this time, was caused by going off the medication.

I'm not a doctor or psychiatrist (my dad was, though!), but I do think this has been a contributing factor to what she is going through.

For me personally, I'm not going to say much else on the subject. I was really affected by what she wrote on her newly updated Patreon page. It brought back some very difficult memories for my husband and I, when his stepfather died by suicide 25 years ago. You never stop asking yourself what more you could have done to stop what you feared was going to happen, even when you couldn't imagine the worst that could happen. It was hard for us to deal with at the time, as he was in California and we were 3,000 miles away in Maryland, but we saw the signs and were told by family that he was o.k. I don't want to feel that way ever again - especially with someone I don't even know - and I have to say that reading her words in conjunction with that janky video and the cry for "support me on Patreon if you care about me" was a red flag that I think should not be overlooked by people who do know her and love her.

Last edited:
  • Heart

T Rex

VIP Member
I'm concerned that by the time I get to be a member of this exclusive club, everyone is going to have cirrhosis of the liver! 🍷🥃🍸🍹🍾
With the Chateau de LaLande Drinking Game, everyone from Newbies to VIPs can pickle their internal organs equally while watching the vlogs. Here are the rules- you must take a drink 🍺for every time Fanny says:
1) "Parfect!"
2) "I love it so much!"
3) mentions Daddy Jarvis' paintings
4) "It's so good!"
5) "Magnificient!"
And lest we not forget BJJ:
6) Every snort he makes
7) "My grandparents..."
8) "You know where this would look good?"
9) Any time he refers to "We" and "Ours" (such as "OUR Chateau")
10) For any hedgehog reference
For any of the following, a shot of alcohol 🥃 must be consumed:
1) When something breaks/leaks/ or the ceiling caves in
2) Any mention of the lake
3) Fanny breaks out in song (you'll thank me)
4) A trip to Emmaus or Brocante
5) Any mention of Christie's or Channel 4
6) Anytime a hot glue gun makes an appearance
7) ScotMan makes a joke

Feel free to add to it!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

KyBourbon

VIP Member
I hate when she constantly refers to Amaury as “Cuz”
I think we’ve covered just about every phrase SJ utters! 😆 Looks like everyone is annoyed by anything she says. Maybe we should just take a drink every time SJ opens her mouth…or, better yet, when she keeps it closed! 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

Pekey

VIP Member
Run, Amaury- RUN! That poor bloke looks like he is ready to lose his shite at any second now. I'm sure Herr Nuti is not helping matters either in her role as "Psycho Clingy Girlfriend"!
Amaury........ at night when the Chateau has had a big night in ... everyone FULL of drink and drugs ....... get your packed bag and get out of there !
Now for the tools ....... arrange your local friendly Bikies to get all the stuff - Tree Man is sure to know the Hell's Angels, Gypsy Jokers or Bandidos etc ... throw a bit of money at them and bingo ..... back to sanity but don't tell Nutti where you are as she will come and get you 1
You need to go "under cover" for a number of years ..... that old girl is desperate !

• Haha
  • Heart

KyBourbon

VIP Member
1600 people watching Stephanie & Phiphi cleaning their bedroom ... oh my Lord.

They both have their clothes laying all over ... so I am predicting that they are putting hooks on the walls for their clothes ... how boring is this?!

And a heap of cushions laying around

Phiphi has some enamel hooks they are going to put up in their bathroom.

Phiphi has already called her darling and something has already made her "very very happy".
I’m already 3 drinks and 2 shots into our drinking game….

• Haha

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Does Clara know what happened with the Ollie and Fanny travel vlog ?
The official story is that they are waiting for a good moment to launch. When I heard that, I thought: good as in "personal time to do stuff she does not want our eyes on ", so she can distract us with it. But to be honest, my gut tells me that Ollie's wife has realized the backlash they could face from partnering so close with the charlataine and has talked her husband out of it. Also, Stephanie Jarvis knows her fans want her to be at the HMN right now and the excessive traveling she already enjoyed this year does not help her to free up more time for it.

• Heart
  • Wow

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Amaury will have to steal the jar Nutty keeps his nads in before he bolts. I'm sure it was either that or a chastity belt.
He will need to be extra careful if Natty gets a whip as suggested by Fanny in today’s video. Amaury, every day you delay your escape, you are putting yourself in more danger. Blink 3 times in a row in the next video if you need help to escape. And don’t share your plans with the porcelain fondler. He will run and tell Fanny immediately. You could keep him quiet by threatening to smash his favorite teapot, but why take that chance?

You could also try to escape when Ñutty is immersed in unboxing the gift grab and figuring out what she wants first dibs on before presenting the grifted haul to Fanny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Lady Rosalie

Chatty Member
  • Heart
  • Wow

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Who travels with a whip? Mmmmm
Remember the weird eyes wide shut type parties they had in the past. Do you remember the photo of Fanny and her mother in lingerie for one of their parties? When nic’s wife Marie was interviewed by Fanny, Marie talked about how strange she found the Shittoo and its parties when she first visted LaLande,
Weirdness like the whip chick is so LaLande!

• Haha
  • Heart