The Chateau Diaries #138 Stephanie Jarvis: How begging for $ while I’m rich saved my Vacays, oops chateau

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulation for naming the thread @OhIDontKnow...

Most liked posts from the previous thread.

TJC

Friday at 7:31 PM
Hello all from a longtime lurker,

I am finally almost caught up, and since that will probably last about 27 minutes, I'm taking the opportunity to quickly introduce myself. I'm a 50-something wife and mom. I live in California (but use minimal emojis and have my own YT account!) Once upon a time I was a professional classical musician, and one of my many complaints about CD is the use of uncredited live and recorded music in the videos. I was so glad to see someone mention the (probably) unauthorized use of the Verona opera performance footage the other day. Fanny should know better, even if she never got around to using her musical training for much!

My 'finding Tattler' story is very typical ... heard about the 'hate site' on MPK's crying vlog, popped in and out a few times, gradually started lurking and loved the hilarious, articulate, right-on-point comments here, etc, etc. Such a relief that I wasn't the only one who objected to SJ's tacky gift-opening channel. While I do think she has natural charm and is capable of being a good interviewer, the fake life, creepy love and shrill laughter get old fast, and there's a ton of disturbing stuff behind the crumbling facade of both the alleged 'chateau' and its 'chatelaine'. I quit watching for a while until FRK left, and boycotted the shirtless cuz clickbait, but the last straw for me was the monkey poo episode. Whoever came up with that idea (the alleged YouTube manager?) went too far. I haven't watched CD since.

When I realized I was spending more time reading here than watching the flogs, I created an account so I could view attachments and react to comments. This is my first (and possibly only) post, as I may have to retreat back into lurkdom. But I hope I'll have the fortitude to make it through tattler probation. I haven't read every one of the threads, but I do make frequent and appreciative use of the Wiki button and search bar, so I at least promise not to ask stupid questions!

Deeply appreciate that we're all here for different reasons, and I have no agenda except continuing to enjoy the clever wordplay, creative video and photo work, and knowledgable perspectives on all things chateau-related. And of course the bonus content on gardening, beverage choices, heavy equipment safety and makeup tips! Hoping to eventually post enough to become a recognized member of the warm-hearted and supportive community here. Sincere thanks to all fifteen of you for many hours of enjoyable reading. This is the real 'life, love and laughter' site :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, Angelina219, mrsp67 and 57 others

Clara Burnett

VIP Member

Thursday at 8:09 AM
Lady Avonlea said:

Today's patron video - so many things to shake your head at!
  • Antoine - poor child having to go for a stroll with Fanny - I'd call him in for dinner too
  • Infection - Fanny drinking throughout her stroll - Clara Burnett said Fanny drinks when on antibiotics
  • Wine - had ice in the wine glass - no chilled wine in the new fridges or have they drank it all already?
  • Bad back - Fanny wearing high healed boots to stroll around the grounds (does the woman not own a pair of trainers?)
  • Reading Soup Recipe from 1894 - boring
  • Soup - Fanny just had a spoonful of soup before heading out for her stroll- but time to pour a drink (no wonder her health is deteriorating)
  • Tools - chainsaw just left sitting on the ground (no respect for tools or safety)
  • Garden - 1,200 plants arriving next week - how much will that cost? And that's just the beginning! (Davy has to be getting a cut)
  • Garden Design - Fanny's been looking at Davy's garden designs for over a year and she's only just figured out the Jardain Anglaise is shaped as 2 semicircles???? The woman is an idiot!
  • Kim - has been ensnared to cook for Easter weekend - can't believe she enjoys this, but for some reason she keeps returning
  • Bookshelf - placing in the hallway is a fire hazard . Guests need clear egress so that won't impress the Fire Marshall.
  • Bookshelf - every wall at HMN has wallpaper, so based on Fanny's logic that bookcase won't fit anywhere - therefore SELL IT
  • Hoarding - Encyclopedia Britannica - time to take to the charity shop (and not sure they'll even take them)
Teaching Antoine some work ethics seems sensible and wise, but by allowing Stephanie Jarvis to use him once again for her flogs it actually shows the disgustingly low morals his parents have adopted. The Larkins should protect their son from exposure on the internet at his age, but instead they think it's a good idea to pair him with a person who has not worked once in her entire life and has the most distorted ideas about children and how to approach them. Shame on Nic and Marie, again.

Le Baiseur

Chatty Member

Thursday at 5:34 PM
Princess and the Pea said:
Does anyone with another identity on here not call out Caroline Gooder aka Stephanie Jarvis and tell her to shut the hell up. Fanny is blowing her cover there by constantly piping up to answer any negativity. As I said before the choice of alter ego 'Gooder' when Jarvis is anything but 'Good' eh? 🤣
Create a profile called "Carolyn Better" and take her to task.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, StephaniesSupportConsort, josi and 49 others

Le Comte de Monte Cristo

VIP Member

Friday at 10:54 PM
Lets talk about Selmar..i watched that high tea in the tower..it was all very akward..How old are these people...around 80? I think they are very lonely, and they want a nice soul around..nothing wrong with that..but i have an strange feeling about it all..i also have the idea they are in the same flow like Selmar...who goes to a high tea dressed up like a musketeer... :oops: have to say i like the couple..no mistake about that...and i wish them well..i only hope nobodies feelings gets hurt in the progress..

• Heart
Reactions:suthern_lurker, Shari Holloway, Petit Sange and 45 others

The Sichuan Diaries and Chateau Chat uploaded a video today. PS: We need to add Chateau Chat to the wiki list of chateau critical/gossipy channels.

Welcome to all newbies, flying monkeys and lurkers - always remember to check the wiki page, if you might have a question, you think have been answered.
Happy tattling.
Nu igen.png

And Happy Easter from Philip and Peppa Pig.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Watched Billy Petherick make a sword In the stone for his kids. Torn between thinking it's. a lovely idea, and my slight OCD screaming IT'S SQUINT.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m just anxious to hear DaphneReloaded’s take on the Easter party at HMN!!!
Should be a good one!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve just watched Marie Wilki s channel from Haworth…..that poor girl…she needs a hug and a good talk…she just seems so unhappy and nothing seems to help shift it. Would going back to Lalande help as at least she knows everyone there….if I was her Mum I would be very concerned.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Congratulation for naming the thread @OhIDontKnow...

Most liked posts from the previous thread.

TJC

Friday at 7:31 PM
Hello all from a longtime lurker,

I am finally almost caught up, and since that will probably last about 27 minutes, I'm taking the opportunity to quickly introduce myself. I'm a 50-something wife and mom. I live in California (but use minimal emojis and have my own YT account!) Once upon a time I was a professional classical musician, and one of my many complaints about CD is the use of uncredited live and recorded music in the videos. I was so glad to see someone mention the (probably) unauthorized use of the Verona opera performance footage the other day. Fanny should know better, even if she never got around to using her musical training for much!

My 'finding Tattler' story is very typical ... heard about the 'hate site' on MPK's crying vlog, popped in and out a few times, gradually started lurking and loved the hilarious, articulate, right-on-point comments here, etc, etc. Such a relief that I wasn't the only one who objected to SJ's tacky gift-opening channel. While I do think she has natural charm and is capable of being a good interviewer, the fake life, creepy love and shrill laughter get old fast, and there's a ton of disturbing stuff behind the crumbling facade of both the alleged 'chateau' and its 'chatelaine'. I quit watching for a while until FRK left, and boycotted the shirtless cuz clickbait, but the last straw for me was the monkey poo episode. Whoever came up with that idea (the alleged YouTube manager?) went too far. I haven't watched CD since.

When I realized I was spending more time reading here than watching the flogs, I created an account so I could view attachments and react to comments. This is my first (and possibly only) post, as I may have to retreat back into lurkdom. But I hope I'll have the fortitude to make it through tattler probation. I haven't read every one of the threads, but I do make frequent and appreciative use of the Wiki button and search bar, so I at least promise not to ask stupid questions!

Deeply appreciate that we're all here for different reasons, and I have no agenda except continuing to enjoy the clever wordplay, creative video and photo work, and knowledgable perspectives on all things chateau-related. And of course the bonus content on gardening, beverage choices, heavy equipment safety and makeup tips! Hoping to eventually post enough to become a recognized member of the warm-hearted and supportive community here. Sincere thanks to all fifteen of you for many hours of enjoyable reading. This is the real 'life, love and laughter' site :)

Reactions:You, Angelina219, mrsp67 and 57 others

Clara Burnett

VIP Member

Thursday at 8:09 AM

Teaching Antoine some work ethics seems sensible and wise, but by allowing Stephanie Jarvis to use him once again for her flogs it actually shows the disgustingly low morals his parents have adopted. The Larkins should protect their son from exposure on the internet at his age, but instead they think it's a good idea to pair him with a person who has not worked once in her entire life and has the most distorted ideas about children and how to approach them. Shame on Nic and Marie, again.

Le Baiseur

Chatty Member

Thursday at 5:34 PM

Create a profile called "Carolyn Better" and take her to task.

Reactions:You, StephaniesSupportConsort, josi and 49 others

Le Comte de Monte Cristo

VIP Member

Friday at 10:54 PM
Lets talk about Selmar..i watched that high tea in the tower..it was all very akward..How old are these people...around 80? I think they are very lonely, and they want a nice soul around..nothing wrong with that..but i have an strange feeling about it all..i also have the idea they are in the same flow like Selmar...who goes to a high tea dressed up like a musketeer... :oops: have to say i like the couple..no mistake about that...and i wish them well..i only hope nobodies feelings gets hurt in the progress..

Reactions:suthern_lurker, Shari Holloway, Petit Sange and 45 others

The Sichuan Diaries and Chateau Chat uploaded a video today. PS: We need to add Chateau Chat to the wiki list of chateau critical/gossipy channels.

Welcome to all newbies, flying monkeys and lurkers - always remember to check the wiki page, if you might have a question, you think have been answered.
Happy tattling.
View attachment 1201329
And Happy Easter from Philip and Peppa Pig.
FABULOUS title!! Thanks, @ComtesseRose

Watched Billy Petherick make a sword In the stone for his kids. Torn between thinking it's. a lovely idea, and my slight OCD screaming IT'S SQUINT.
I love it! And the whole roll of Ernest egg hunting in the blue bells was gorgeous!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
‘A chateau Easter with how to renovate a chateau’
Just seen the thumbnail in my suggestions feed.

I’m torn - really torn - but nope not going to put myself through that torture with a side helping of disappointment.
Anna & Philipp - say it isn’t so !

Reactions: 24
I wonder if that is one of their own lambs. If so I’m amazed because it must be so interbred by now that I it doesn’t have 2 heads or any other extra bodily parts 🙁😢
I hope not. It could be Kirsty’s.

Reactions: 17
Diesel's spode water bowl still lives at Lalande... not an ounce of love to that poor ol' dog.

• Sad
  • Wow
I’ve just watched Marie Wilki s channel from Haworth…..that poor girl…she needs a hug and a good talk…she just seems so unhappy and nothing seems to help shift it. Would going back to Lalande help as at least she knows everyone there….if I was her Mum I would be very concerned.
She actually posted on Insta today, seems she's back in France, staying in a guest house of a friend..

mariewiik1

Finally back in France and It feels so good. Thank you so much Nikki for lending me your beautiful farmhouse while I find my way. @incabellablog ♥

• Wow
Reactions: 15
When I look at the picture, thumbnail of the upcoming video - I think “pathetic” Stephanie trying to act like a young girl, Snorts standing at her side as “pitiful”. Cringe worthy to look at them together. Meanwhile, Anna & Phillip - I had hoped they wouldn’t stoop so low. I’m tempted to take a quick look myself, but . . . . .. . . . .I know Stephanie’s effervescence will be per usual over the top, too buoyant for words. Who sent them the Easter Bunny ears? Surely, not one of us!
‘A chateau Easter with how to renovate a chateau’
Just seen the thumbnail in my suggestions feed.

I’m torn - really torn - but nope not going to put myself through that torture with a side helping of disappointment.
Anna & Philipp - say it isn’t so !

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Well, there they are. Ziggy is at Lalande too
View attachment 1201567
What on earth has induced Philipp and Anna to go to the HMN and subject themselves and their lovely girls to SJ's bs and mayhem ??? A mystery. I thought they were savvy & sensible. Maybe something to do with Channel 4???? In any case, I've not got the energy to watch. I'll save that horror for tomorrow.

PS : Stupidly pleased with my 'Easter Bonnet'. It fits my avatar paaaaarfectly 😛

• Heart
  • Haha
What on earth has induced Philipp and Anna to go to the HMN and subject themselves and their lovely girls to SJ's bs and mayhem ??? A mystery. I thought they were savvy & sensible. Maybe something to do with Channel 4???? In any case, I've not got the energy to watch. I'll save that horror for tomorrow.

PS : Stupidly pleased with my 'Easter Bonnet'. It fits my avatar paaaaarfectly 😛
I think they thought it would either boost their show (like they need it) OR they had been refusing to go for a long time and decided to suck it up so she wouldn't ask anymore. AnA and Philip are RUINING their brand. So dumb. :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Hurra, Easter miracle! Mummy can see again on both eyes!!
Clara, have you ever heard of Mummy being blind on one eye? Funny, that she chose this moment to mention it....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.