Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fennelbug

VIP Member
Grant Hill is on his way to Lalande...

View attachment 1146135
August 2019, Grant Hill, Isabelle Jarvis, Percy Attfield during the construction of the terrace pergola.

View attachment 1146105
1 DAY AGO
grant__hill
See you all soon @jeffou_66 @viviall66 @matthieu.allene @pauline.alne @stephanieejarvis #france #chateau #escargot #europe #chateaudelalande #chateaurochechouart
cherie.sharp
Wow when are you going back, im sure Steph will have plenty of jobs for you. X
That dude will have ZERO patience for Phillipa’s antics

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
Üsomeone took a picture of our village and posted it on the town’s Facebook page. In the lower left side, between the trees you can see a window of our family’s house. My house is hidden behind the trees, a few meters higher leveled, next to that little tree house.

in the middle there is the hill range, which grows higher on the right side and divides the village from the town in the background. Our village expands deeper to the right side. I am very near at the village’s entry.

FD4B3F6C-95A1-4B34-A385-0D288E17E49A.jpeg

my point of view right now?

77B1B708-AD5B-4C53-95C7-A911C811F9B0.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Hi. Been lurking for a while. I saw something on an earlier thread and had a question for @Clara Burnett so I thought I’d give it a try. I understand the six month timeline on Dan and Annalise is not accurate but my question is….has it been longer or less than six months. (If you’re free to share, that is). Thanks.
As I said before, I am not sharing anything I know or don't know about the Dan and Annalise breakup because I don't feel comfortable to do so, knowing there are small children involved.

• Heart

KyBourbon

VIP Member
Just caught up on Tattle! Now time for my chores. I’ve got to broom the ground in my kitchen before I’m off to my picker-nick lunch! Ta ta, Tartlets! ❤ (PS…Dan on a picnic with SJ was kind of the “jumping the shark” moment for me).

• Haha
  • Heart

Gibbson

Also mentioned in Cadeau. PJ has two more exciting vlogs almost ready for release.
The perfect way to boil a smeg kettle.
Men's grooming tips?
How to wash your delicates when travelling.
Urban man Emmaus chic.
How to wear women's clothes as a sartorial statement.
How to match you underwear to your China.
How to sleep without getting hair dye on the sheets.
How to pout and look appealing to Steph.
How to handle Loki in the comments.
How to bag a rich sugar mummy and live the dream?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Green Fairy

VIP Member
I agree he's now Steph's wee goto boy.
Comment from her indoors on Cadeau at the Shittoo- My God, you can really see where Philip has sprayed on his hairline it is glaringly obvious.I bet it itches.
Mrs G showed sympathy after lockdown badger stripe covering- although I pointed out it was balding spray.
After which my hair was checked for bald patches.
A man just cannot win sometimes. You ladies have no idea of the strength it takes. I did say I would go full on Kojak( for those of you who don't know think Rock) if I started to go bald and it dropped off my head and onto my back. 🤣

How far up Steph's backside does Caroline sniff?
I think Caroline Gooder IS Stefanny :eek:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

KiKiGee

VIP Member
caroline gooder
1 hour ago
Stephanie stated she has organized a meeting with the manufacturer of the thermal heating system to find out why all the issues occurred. Per the Vlogs, from the buried chamber to more heating units in the rooms are being reviewed. All Chateaux are built for mostly summer living. Billy and his family don't live in the Chateau during the Winter. In fact they moved out so only future guests will live there during the season. Michael will be in the cottage permanently soon also.
caroline gooder
8 hours ago (edited)
Amaury is cutting the paneling now as they were too tall for the space, but the top and bottom details are being preserved. Ian had surgery, so the building on the apartments are on hold, till he heals. Please send him prayers and be patient.
caroline gooder
8 hours ago
He has said many times, that he is still enjoying working, driving the car for hire in the UK. When Isabelle and Percy visit, you know he does also. Stephanie just said that they are discussing his next visit
caroline gooder
17 hours ago
Ian had surgery so there is a delay. We must be patient.
caroline gooder
17 hours ago
Yes they said she is there and some other Ukrainians living in France will visit also.
caroline gooder
18 hours ago
Stephanie said Kat may come for a Easter visit

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
When dealing with the narc in my life, I actually saw him toggle into a different personality (experience with DID too, lucky me). Went running to discuss it with the shrink, who talked about narcs whose eyes go black when they let it out (pupil dilation), which she'd had terrifying personal experience with. And also the more clinical Jungian idea that he was letting his "shadow side" out. Both she and the pastoral counselor agreed nobody should be around that. I actually read a book about exorcism because it was so creepy. Unfortunately, narcs aren't so easily cured. The one cure is no contact.

This is even more than they were charging for their Disney-bound cos play workshop in a rented chateau. €2300 as I recall. But that was with no teacher, just Fiona.
Once a year my sewing group travel to a Monastery were we stay for the weekend and sew all day, drink wine and have a laugh.
There are everyone gets there own room with a single bed, and a hand basin. There are several bathrooms with multiple showers/toilet spaced around the rooms, so it only a short walk to the shower/toilet. They upgraded the building a few years ago (was built in the 1930s) and added a lift, new carpet new kitchen and a kitchenette area where you can make yourself a hot drink at any time of the night and day.

There are delicious meals, and morning & afternoon teas fully catered, and they can do special meals for allergies etc. We just do our own thing until the meal bell is rang and then make our way to the dining room. The only 'housework' you are asked to do is to strip your bed and place used sheets/towels outside your room, on the last day, so the can be collected easier.
Anyway here's the point of my story. This weekend costs us only $250.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

oooLaLande

VIP Member
There is absolutely no way this dress wasn't sent to her as a joke!!
What an utterly ugly piece of garment!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 14.07.52.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

Patriciarella

VIP Member
A8C40010-EA28-480F-9BF2-D0580067C387.jpeg

So the digger can grow a plant but I cannot. I spent too much money on pot plants and they didn’t live a year.
50236925-4006-44B9-A52D-F17971F345EB.jpeg

So the digger is saving us money by getting free rocks but I cannot. My little hands are too week.
F54AE217-7565-43C7-957F-E34F9B0774A7.jpeg

Did you see Ruby giving sass? I am a famous actor but the cat got airtime. This feels like when the boy band replaced me.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
This popped up on my YT, and I was intrigued by the title. (1) Sundays at the Brocante: Love at First Sight - YouTube

This vlog was posted on October 12, 2020 and Philip had only been at the shiteau about 1 month. It's interesting to watch in hindsight.

There's tremendous familiarity and banter between Snorty and Fanny with lots of laughing and some double entendre. They seem extremely comfortable with each other, especially for a new volunteer. Snorty is already very familiar with the decor in all the rooms and various decorative items Fanny already has.

Throughout the vlog Philip uses the royal 'we' quite often - we need this, we need that, and they even discuss having a picnic in the woods. They are already shopping together to find dishes to match Snorty's pattern that he left back in the Netherlands. Snorty is being extremely direct and taking charge of design decisions, including in Fanny's boudoir.

This vlog has the extension table, which Fanny pretends she didn't know extended - fawning over how wonderful Snorty is.

Snorty & Fanny definitely knew each other and had established a relationship before Snorty arrived at the shiteau. Snorty finishes by saying 'we were destined to be together' and he wasn't just referring to the card table. They were hiding in plain sight right from the start!

• Sick
  • Wow

T Rex

VIP Member
I found the whole situation odd. The whole premise of the vlogs were showing a young family's efforts to make a home and living in rural France.
People bought into it because they had seen the work (albeit made up at times) they both put in. I saw a lot of support for his daily vlogs and an improving skillset.
Now we see it was all a sham. Yes he is still renovating the home, but look at the cost of his lifestyle now. He looks burned out.
His autonomy has been taken away, Chateau Diaries filmed his ex partners birthday, snatched from under his nose. He is beholden to some one else for his well being and living.
I find the whole situation sad. I don't particularly blame the Chateau Diaries and Steph as such. He is an adult and can make decisions for himself, as others say he needs to decide who has his back and future proof himself.
I feel the same way @Gibbson. Initially, I was a huge Dan-fender and enjoyed his vlogs because A) it was about an adorable little family restoring a farmhouse and getting by in France, B) Dan was getting shtye done at both home and CLL, and C) it was a nice dynamic until Dan started spending far too much time at the Shitoo, and too little time at home. His vlogs started to lose their sparkle to me a few months ago, and they are no longer fun to watch. I hope he gets his head on straight eventually.

• Heart

SadSakCat42

I hope they build a better pergola in the garden.
That pergola out on her back terrace is the ugliest, most flimsy, and pointless one I've ever seen.

View attachment 1146931

I remember the old hag Isabel throwing a tantrum in like a 4-year old because someone used her f**king dustpan and brush!
What a CHILD!

View attachment 1146932
I know I am in the minority here, but I love Isabelle’s tantrums and can’t wait for her to come back to the Shitoo and terrorize its occupants. Lets face it. The Shitoo and the vlogs have become the Stephanie and Snorty shit show where they frolic about shopping, doing silly useless projects while important projects are ignored and come to at a standstill. Isabelle will have none of that nonsense and will rein holy hell down on Stephanie and everyone else and I will be here cheering her on!

• Haha
  • Heart

graciemckitten

VIP Member
I keep thinking of this scene ... what oh what were they talking about before she came in? You can slice the air. Dan does not look happy, nor does Amaury ... there was serious talk going on in there ... I don't think that is a sign of an affair, but of co-workers having a serious talk about stuff ... I have a guess that Sabine has gotten herself in trouble with Nati or Stephanie, and she's been told to leave and she's in there chatting to the guys about how she's been treated, but she's smugly smiling at Stephanie ... they guys look so caught in something they don't want Stephanie to be part of ... something is up ... and I don't think it is a romance ... we don't see Nati there ... I think there was a good hard gossip going on ... something about Sabine has been going on, she has hardly been shown, hardly had a voice since before Christmas, and now she's leaving ...

I agree. IMHO, I don’t think Dan has been doing the horizontal tango with Stephanmemememe. I think when he has his arms crossed when he is with Fanny, it reveals insecurity, apprehension, or wariness. Fanny loves to mock him and put him down, I don‘t think he is hot for her in that manner. He knows Fanny flirts with everyone, men and women, and wants to be thought of as perpetually youthful and desirable, so he plays along for the camera (Like MP did ).

I think Dan is under a lot of pressure because he knows he is now at Fanny’s mercy for his housing, pay, video content, and his party group. He has no choice but to do what she wants whenever she tells him to. Fanny loves feeling superior and in total control in all of her relationships, if possible. And she has no empathy or compassion for others, especially when it comes to her image and impression management tactics. His friend Sabine was most likely sent away by order of Fanny, showing Dan again that no one is indispensable at the Shittoo (unless you are a relative). So he plays up to Stephanmemememe’s ego by flirting with her, calling them a dream team, etc. He has no choice. No wonder he looks terrible. He is exhausted playing the Fanny game. He is getting the same haunted look about him as other former Shittoo occupants/employees/volunteers. And with phi phi going away for a few weeks for his play, Fanny needs another source of adoring attention.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Fanny and PhiPhi having naked money baths. I could just picture it 🤮
Does anyone wonder if Fanny & PhiPhi might not be as close as they're playing it? A bit like the situation with Dan that it was unfolding months before his cry me a river kitchen 2 camera staged vlog? That maybe they're on a break, that this is the slow discard of him - fly my pretty, follow your dreams. Then he doesn't come back? Sad little vlog that Fanny knows she cannot keep him there, that he has to be near where he can get work for his massive acting potential. Sad little vlog from Phi Phi that they will always remain friends..blah blah. Meanwhile Fanny moves on. Philip who? Might be completely wrong but with her new Chateau DIY filming dates looming where she will be seen on mainstream TV. Does she want him out of the way so the old dears watching won't see her with her gigalo toyboy? Hoping she will then get a new raft of patrons to keep the coffers full. Then launching the Oli& Fanny Travel show off the back of any new traffic to her YouTube channels? Off filming more with Oli - will Dan be in tow for those trips leaving PhiPhi totally surplus to requirement. I reckon he's past his sell by date now..sidelined without maybe even knowing it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Once again, yesterdays flog was nothing more than screaming self promotion of Stephanie Jarvis' incompetence to run any kind of business effectively. With her childish brain focussed on picnic "food" (as much as possible, and still she managed to forget about it) her place obviously should not have been not on the "new" dumper, which should have been driven by a professional. Her gestures were purely done for content AND to be praised by her cousin for her "excellent" driving skills. It really doesn't matter what she is praised for anyway in her shitshow, as long as she is.
But even worse was the whole delay because the just bought "new" equipment, using the money grifted from her patrons, turned out not to be a very sensible investment after all because the machinery has been used so extendedly the fuses are melting. Money spend well? Not so much, I think.
Still no public statement about the unacceptable behavior of her wing-woman, the Argentinian Bully Natalia Oliveto, who was portrayed as a hubby-controlling troll in the LaLa woods and will probably permanently have to fight off the image of being a bully, because her boss refuses to put her in the clear and enjoys having this as leverage to hold over Nutty's future at the HMN.
I haven't watched this shit for about 12 months- so in the interests of "a fair go" and my possible mistaken dislike for this character, I watched. No, I was right in the first place, this is not a normal, grounded mature woman. In twelve months the affected, strangulated vowels have become worse, even more childish and even more high pitched. The content is a repeat of Dan's latest with Annelise on that damn truck, she has acknowledged our complaints about never taking in the beauty of her grounds. So that means between Dan and this forum we have provided content for her! I have never watched poor Marie before either, and dear oh dear, she has nothing to offer as a vlogger. I also thought the scene in the kitchen with Sabine? was very stilted and uncomfortable-perhaps the heat has been on her to move on? All in all today's experience has been...underwhelming! Glad I get my updates here by those brave souls who can stomach all this!

• Heart

Lady Rosalie

Chatty Member
comments from under Kathy's last vlog/rant about comments under her first CD related rant ....

jpfknTVhKZJTeQNh9Cj-jcUA=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Minda Kahn
3 hours ago (edited)
You’re not alone. Mea Culpa, despite what my husband said, I sent gifts, really nice gifts to SJ and MP. The gift was accepted graciously on the vlog, but how this woman can be a fashion icon and not know that she has $500. Of Swarovski Nirvana rings is beside me. I’ve only seen Nati wearing a portion of the gift. This is the good part: I sent a gift to Michael’s too. Including two out of print before he was born Potter books. The two boxes traveled back and forth between France and the US because they didn’t want to pay duty, and, wait for it, Gwendoline said they didn’t have enough room. Kathy you are the voice of sanity, Petherick vlogs are like watching paint dry, and I’m not a mental health professional, but my parents were. I’m seeing a lot of arrested development and cult of personality at La Lande. I’m just going to say what I’ve said before. Bullet points, stay on track. You’re smarter than them, prove it.
Show less

Ov2LA8jXbLcrekIhbwR5aejA=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Kathy's Flog in France.

2 hours ago
OMG re your gifts!
emoji_u1f62e.png
$500. Of Swarovski Nirvana rings
emoji_u1f602.png
Arrested development is spot on. In a Vlog a few days ago, in the description, I shared something about "lack of" nurturing and emotional connection in childhood" and suspect that what we are witnessing is someone attempting to recoup this. Not making sense this evening, too tired. Good comment though, thank you xx
Read more

jpfknTVhKZJTeQNh9Cj-jcUA=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Minda Kahn
2 hours ago
It’s from February, it’s called the Davy will love this, Cadeau at the Chateau.

• Wow
  • Haha

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
Dear Dan. Nobody asked and you haven't asked but here are my hopes for your trip home: 1. Hopefully all, but at least the family and friends you respect, will tell you to get back to France and beg Annalise to take you back. 2. That your departure at the same time as Sabine does not mean you are treating her to a trip to the UK. 3. That being away from the chateau will help you to realise that you can still be part of that life, but to be part of it does not mean sleeping at the chateau. 4. That a temporary bromance with Cuz and a possible roll in the hay is not a substitute for the real and lasting - with all its ups and downs - marriage and, most importantly bringing up your children. 5. That someone will tell you to wake up, grow up and that no matter how you portray your family relationship on a channel I can no longer be bothered to watch, your children will know that you sacrificed them in the interest of yourself.

• Heart
Anyone catch this little gem in the kitchen today? It was behind Dan when she was talking to him. Who does a list like this? I’d go nuts having a whiteboard in the kitchen with this stupid common knowledge on it. I wonder if there’s rules for the bathroom taped up in there? Rules for the laundry room? Rules for the fridge? Rules for the pantry?

I wonder how often they clean the whiteboard
? Like never?
I thought Lalande is all about being surrounded by beautiful things?
That's so much uglier than any kitchen etiquette sign one could find in an average college dorm!

Who do you think made that sign?
Nutti - :LOL:
SJ- :sick:

1647836507825.png

• Haha
  • Sick