The Chateau Diaries #128 part of her home fell in and she just went to sleep

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just done an analysis of 26 July 2021 gift grab. Number of gifts, list of items & approximate value. I can't believe my eyes the amount of stuff & the value. I haven't had time to multiply it by the number of grabs, but all I can say it is, as we know, pretty sick.
40 gifts of definable value ..plus 4 handmade things plus 2 for Marie (foodstuffs taken out) so 46 gifts in a hour. Not bad rate of pay when you gain around £900/approx $1180 US value of items. It requires minimal production. So their benevolence in 'giving up their time' is handsomely rewarded. I'm sickened. If anyone wants the shopping list of items for YouTube I'll post them. I'm still reeling to be honest. :sick::mad:
I’ve never watched CU, but now I’ve reviewed September 2020 (first five posts) and I’m sick of it. I have to write it all down and add it up so I’ll post.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
On your lunch breaks did you eat McD's, if so was it free? I also heard that at the end of the day, all cooked & unsold food was disposed of and no one was allowed to take them home. Is this true? Just curious because I've always wanted to work there in my teens but my sports got in the way.
you got allocated moneys for every hour you worked basically a Big Mac meal = 8 hours

the waste bin - was a sackable offence to take back from it
It was counted and written off and disposed of .( back in the 80s)

my fav is still fillet of fish 🐠😂
Chicken nuggets 😈

• Heart
Years ago Stephanie Jarvis sold a bunch of trees from her "forrest" for cash (this was when she still was "poor") much against her mothers wishes, who wanted to preserve nature, yet had no idea of the maintenance that takes. It was a true battlefield, not just because trees were taken out, but because the workman left a huge amount of branches and other cut offs and it was never cleaned up. Stephanie Jarvis must have a pretty good idea of the work needed and the cash that is to gain, which is why she hasn't done much with it.
I’m sorry, but if you can’t make money from fifty acres of land, you must be an idiot. Renting fields, selling hay, raising and selling livestock, chickens, eggs, mushrooms in the forest, timber, even fruit and vegetables. Might not be a ton of money or a ton of product, but you could make something. Hell, go out at Christmas and cut mistletoe. Plant a patch of Christmas trees. There’s little markets all over the place you could sell your small batches. Grow cut flowers in huge beds and take them to market once a month. Let cell companies land lease for a tower. Hold a market in the field where the cistern is once a month. Have a movie night with food trucks in the field once a month. Doing things like that would make it a much more interesting place to stay and visit and would give the inhabitants something to do rather than make up a reason to have a party for the same 10 people. Aren’t there old orchards in another field where the bees are? Don’t they have an artisanal bread oven?
Yeah. Like I said. Idiot

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I have a dilemma. This is my 999th posting. The next time I post I will hit 1000 and become a VIP (eat your heart out @Heathcliffe) But I'm crippled with indecision. Surely a 1000th post should be pithy and profound, and not just bitching about Fanny's culpability obfuscation? Or maybe it should as that's the whole point of this forum? Decisions decisions, might have to go have a lie-down in a darkened room 😂
Coming up with your own …. In the presence of so many witty ppl was anxiety ridden for me
best you chose either way 😂

congratulations 🥳 on impending VIP

I chose @Linus comment 😈

Reactions: 12
On your lunch breaks did you eat McD's, if so was it free? I also heard that at the end of the day, all cooked & unsold food was disposed of and no one was allowed to take them home. Is this true? Just curious because I've always wanted to work there in my teens but my sports got in the way.
Not in the States. They would put time marks on all the made food and after 20 minutes or something like that it went in the trash. We had to pay for food we ate on break. It was on the manager to call for food to be made ahead and how much, so if their food discard costs were too high they’d get in trouble. That was 35 years ago for me, not sure what might have changed since then. The thing I really hated was getting off work and smelling like McDonalds. You couldn’t just go out afterward, you had to shower to get it off.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Not in the States. They would put time marks on all the made food and after 20 minutes or something like that it went in the trash. We had to pay for food we ate on break. It was on the manager to call for food to be made ahead and how much, so if their food discard costs were too high they’d get in trouble. That was 35 years ago for me, not sure what might have changed since then. The thing I really hated was getting off work and smelling like McDonalds. You couldn’t just go out afterward, you had to shower to get it off.
wow USA 🇺🇸 was tough !!!
I worked production bin !!!!
but all my shifts were at the busiest times ( too young to do closes!!!)
😈

Reactions: 5
Re

Also not wearing appropriate mask/respirator/appropriate eye protection when doing the pantry walls, spraying paint, tearing down walls, etc. He is setting himself up for lifelong health issues
Exactly the detail needed. As I said it's not my job to tell anyone what to do but Tattleland currently is full of new accounts. Some of who use what I think sounds very inflammatory words or statements as some form of clickbait. It used to be a lot more fun here! I think it's getting serious now with the Youtube accounts and that's all good as I think the common aim is that the House of Stephanie is having every corner of its establishment from the woodwormy attic to the stinky drains investigated. I'm guessing there might be two plans - one to ignore it all and hope it goes away (like she usually does) or other owners being concerned that they might get dragged into it wanting to go up an official legal route to stop us. So as @MojoDublin says 'we got the receipts' is the name of the game!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
you got allocated moneys for every hour you worked basically a Big Mac meal = 8 hours

the waste bin - was a sackable offence to take back from it
It was counted and written off and disposed of .( back in the 80s)

my fav is still fillet of fish 🐠😂
Chicken nuggets 😈
wow interesting ... yes back then I loved fillet of fish too. But these days I rarely eat them.
Thanks for that insight oh and I loved the fries

Or is it the 1001 post 🤔
I have a dilemma. This is my 999th posting. The next time I post I will hit 1000 and become a VIP (eat your heart out @Heathcliffe) But I'm crippled with indecision. Surely a 1000th post should be pithy and profound, and not just bitching about Fanny's culpability obfuscation? Or maybe it should as that's the whole point of this forum? Decisions decisions, might have to go have a lie-down in a darkened room 😂
please don’t make it about McDonald’s I beg of you 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
wow USA 🇺🇸 was tough !!!
😈
That's a bit harsh & wasteful. I dont know what the process would've been back then, here in NZ...I think nowadays it's made to order.
Oh yes, I didnt think about the lingering smells. I'd hate to work in a fish market...yuk!

wow USA 🇺🇸 was tough !!!
😈
My XH first introduced me to McD when they came to UK. He said it was a fantastic new restaurant and bought me a Big Mac, which was huge and I hated it, especially the sauce, never eaten one since. My fav was Quarter Pounder Deluxe.
Little did I know that I would end up working with McD's top brass not long after for over a decade. Fabulous employers.
BTW, most USA branches were franchised which made a hell of a difference regarding produce and bottom line costings etc.
I used to do Founder's Day each year, that was enough front line action for me. :giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
What do your eyes ands ears tell you about how Pavelina is settling in, Clara?Fanny is clearly biding her time before showing her on screen after noting the comments about exploiting her. "Downstairs" I am sure they would have plenty to say.
The poor thing must be frozen 😞

The beg-a-thon and now under the guise of hosting Ukrainian refugees has begun again.
This family is going to outbeg Stephanie.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
wow USA 🇺🇸 was tough !!!
😈
We were located just of an interstate and would have charter buses just show up randomly. Oh the terror! Someone would yell BUS! We knew we’d have 100+ people all at once and it was usually at a slack time so there wouldn’t be that much food ready. I just laugh thinking about it. Oh the joys of youth!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
73B7B5FA-7F7A-4399-8059-DE73D1F82E7D.jpeg

Top of the morning Tattlers. SJ had to have a lie down when she got the bill for all the frames we’ve been buying to display the tat we get as presents. So many presents! It is for charity!
F0466E0B-6234-42C5-A8EA-1E3B4CCED9E9.jpeg

I confess I’ve been a bit nervous letting SJ alone while I go to rehearsals. After seeing her interview with Cuz I am more uncomfortable that he will get drunk and go to her room at 2:am.
D12C0D9F-4A2B-4683-B603-49EC980C8E4F.jpeg

I’ve been enjoying rehearsals, thanks for asking. I find the men there also “like girls”. They don’t hop on diggers instead we break out in song and I feel accepted. Maybe I will call one of my co-actors at 2:am, kaboom!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The poor thing must be frozen 😞

The beg-a-thon and now under the guise of hosting Ukrainian refugees has begun again.
This family is going to outbeg Stephanie.
I was going to say unbelievable but I'd rather say FFS!

When Nick the tree surgeon made his debut appearance, he said that the "forest" (I'd call it woodland) has been inter planted with pine 50 or 60 years ago, as a cash crop. SJ has never shown any interest whatsoever in anything as mundane as woodland management - I think there was a (very) informal/vague arrangement with someone local to deal with the "forestry". Nick now appears to be contracted to deal with tree felling and coppicImg. Some of the felled trees have gone to the woodyard, some has been retained for future use at Lalande, either for projects or firewood. All of this is an eminently sensible idea, better still had the retained timber been allowed to season...not used immediately for construction of the (pointless) pergola in the kitchen garden.

SJ has zero idea about so many things that she's quite the expert in knowing nothing.
Using fresh cut timber for projects baffled me. I think Nick could teach her a thing or two but, she probably thinks it's beneath her. 😁

Did I ever share this?...

I hope she finds more work or even better they do decide to keep her on. It was the same for me working with the French, my language came on leaps and bounds in no time. All very daunting at first but so worth it in the long run.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.