The Chateau Diaries #127 #AUkrainianRefugeeIsn'tJustForEaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just had to explain what I was listening to when my son heard the Sichuan latest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
While Stephanie is sleeping comments don't get moderated!! She stopped liking comments 5 hours ago ...

View attachment 1123842
Kyle Broyles
1 hour ago
I was so sad to see Selmar’s video about his treatment by Natalia. After all he had done to help, it was disappointing to see him go on such a down note. I hope there will be a reconciliation between everyone.

View attachment 1123843
Brenda Graw
1 hour ago
What happened?. I have missed Selmer.

View attachment 1123844
SEU
2 hours ago
This is silly. This is making rocket science out of something which is very basic.

View attachment 1123845
Jane Gendreau
2 hours ago
Are you kidding me??!! We're discussing ad nauseum the proper way to make British tea?! And, am I to understand that Dan is meant to spend his time manning the camera (away from his family) for the chatelain, because there is no one else in the chateau to assist in this monumentally important task??!! I see a very troubling pattern here!! Needed more at the chateau than at home?! Who in their right mind would tolerate this nonsense?! Not Annalise, I would hazard to guess!! This makes me sick!! I am deeply saddened by this disgusting trend!! I guess the empire marches on at all cost!!! USA

View attachment 1123846
A T
2 hours ago
It is not The British way it is a commoner's way of making tea!

View attachment 1123847
Virginia Goodale
3 hours ago
As a Certified Tea Sommelier, my heart is sad when I see tea in a bag and not only that, but squashed with a spoon.

View attachment 1123848
Faye Ryan
4 hours ago
NO! sacrilege! you squished the tea bag- no! it makes the tea bitter! (a 1000+ cup of tea drinker a year here);)

View attachment 1123849
Speed Racer
4 hours ago
How to use a British loo. Let's go!
I was reading through the comments on SJ’s tea video…surprised this one is still up 😳

5ED64181-6E40-4ABD-A0F8-363936ACC9FA.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
So Queen Kathy says you have to register all your non EU house guests with the Marie. I wonder if Nasty Natty does that? They have an English and a Ukrainian guest. Is Nasty Natti even registered?
True.
For less than 3 months in France.

Google translate :

The hosting certificate is a form completed and signed by a person who undertakes to host a foreigner at his home during his stay in France.

It must be validated by the town hall before the visa application (or before the trip in the event of a visa exemption).

The hosting certificate is issued if the host fulfills certain conditions. It must be sent abroad before its departure.

It indicates in particular the following elements:

Identity of the signatory
Passport number, identity and nationality of the foreigner hosted (and those of his spouse and minor children if they are accompanying him)
Planned place of reception and the characteristics of the accommodation
Identity of the person who takes out insurance covering (up to a minimum of €30,000) the expenses for any treatment received during the stay in France
It must be validated by the town hall before the visa application (or before the trip in the event of a visa exemption).

It must then be sent abroad before its departure. The original may be checked by the police authorities in the context of transit.

Who is concerned ?
General case
The reception certificate concerns any foreigner wishing to stay less than 3 months in France, as part of a private or family visit.

Steps
Submission of the request
The request must be submitted by the person wishing to accommodate the foreigner, at the town hall of the place of accommodation provided.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Have to say when you order tea here in The Nertherlands..you get that glass of hot water and the teabag beside it..Its horrible offcourse...but we are not a tea loving nation...people drink tea..but dont make a fuss about it...btw i never drink tea....let alone with milk...yukk, so i guess every nation has its customs..
Every time I've ever ordered tea here in California I've always recievd an empty cup, tea bag, and a mini kettle or carafe of boiling water. Unless it's a chai and it arrives in a cup... but that's a whole other kind of tea.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
We have our suspicions that Sara of M&M had ALOT of help with her and Steve’s costumes. No way a novice made those in the timeframe. Thanks to @KiKiGee sleuthing.
I believe they Sarah could have made their costumes, she likely has an abundant collection of “period costume” patterns from sale days at “Fabricland”, and her fabric choices and ironing are less to be desired.

Vic’s costumes looked to be expensive fabric and plenty of trimming and were much more intricate, I would not be surprised that she paid a seamstress to make all their costumes and just worked on the the shoes, masks herself ( with volunteers 🙄 ) like she showed in their vlog.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Just to add my attic story as a detail here, I remember when Fanny was showing us the attic, and Selmar was designated to restore the Nativity Stable. He told Fanny about the woodworm that had all but caused the stable to crumble, and he went to work to do his best to make it stable again. I mentioned in a chat or a comment at the time (i don't remember which) that I was concerned about the presence of woodworm in the entire attic. I was, of course told I must be a hater by the pearl clutching grannies, and even Fanny herself responded to me that the roof was relatively new, and had no problems. Next, we move to Ian working on the attic floors and finding woodworm, and beginning to treat the areas he was working on. I don't know how much of the attic floor he had finished, but to this day, I worry about the strength of the wood in the attic.
A new roof makes no difference to how a sound a building is - not if the structure holding the new roof up is Swiss cheese.

Reactions: 23
I don’t drink coffee or tea, but I do love me some diet Dr Pepper. I hope Stephanie Jarvis will show me the fancy way to drink it.

• Haha
  • Heart
True.
For less than 3 months in France.

Google translate :

The hosting certificate is a form completed and signed by a person who undertakes to host a foreigner at his home during his stay in France.

The hosting certificate is issued if the host fulfills certain conditions. It must be sent abroad before its departure.

It indicates in particular the following elements:

Identity of the signatory
Passport number, identity and nationality of the foreigner hosted (and those of his spouse and minor children if they are accompanying him)
Planned place of reception and the characteristics of the accommodation
Identity of the person who takes out insurance covering (up to a minimum of €30,000) the expenses for any treatment received during the stay in France

It must then be sent abroad before its departure. The original may be checked by the police authorities in the context of transit.

Who is concerned ?
General case
The reception certificate concerns any foreigner wishing to stay less than 3 months in France, as part of a private or family visit.

Steps
Submission of the request
The request must be submitted by the person wishing to accommodate the foreigner, at the town hall of the place of accommodation provided.

Has Stephanie Jarvis ever done this for any of her non-EU volunteers?
Chatelaine Stephanie Jarvis, employer and sexual harasser of illegally employed volunteers, of The Chateau Diaries YouTube, Chateau de LaLande, and Chateau Unwrapped

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Nathan Faulkner
You’re getting lazy

-----------

Nathan Faulkner has it partially right.
Lazy yes, but also smug.
Why should she bother to produce decent content?

Reactions: 16
It appears that Fanny's reputation precedes her locally. I wonder if we might hear a little more via Ian once he he tied up his business dealing with her? Fanny said that he would be returning at some point to finish something, although this wasn't to finish Nasty Nutti's "apartment" which we know she will never use. Once that is completed, it seems unlikely that he has anything to lose by speaking out. Maybe he still has a reason to be afraid of some backlash, maybe affecting his wife's business? From what others have said, his own business seems to be perfectly legit, so I can't see that would be a concern. I wonder if he shares the same accountant? He seems to have almost a fatherly concern for her in the early days, perhaps he recommended someone . I can see that that could cause embarrassment for him now.
Tour guide in year 2167:
And here we see the ruins of "Natis Apartment". We are not sure if this was really an apartment, since we know that nobody actually lived her. It might have been a storage room because we found lots of amazon boxes, some not even opened. You remember a 100 years ago people used to order things via a so-called online shop which got delivered in old-fashioned cardboard boxes. Archaeologists are still speculating why there where so many peacock related gifts in there, most of them worthless even back in the days.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
That jumped out at me too. I'm no architect or structural engineer but those cracks look dangerous.
I've been wondering about this since it was mentioned. When my friend Stephanie (no relation) stayed there, she said that when doors were closed elsewhere in the building, she felt the floor shake slightly.

• Wow
If I were still enarmored with his personality, I might have purchased the lotus one, that one is pretty. Oh well, in another life - LOL.
I've seen similar wallpaper designs in my local DIY store, on Pinterest and Etsy, so what the bet it's not original?

La Ferte and Lalacelle spent several of their early vlogs concentrating on woodworm treatment. Boring but necessary. It's sad really because I think Lalande is a pretty building and should be saved but its current custodian is such a vapid dipshit that anything structurally substantial will never be done.
Petitioning for "Valid dipshit" (abbreviated to VD) be added to Wiki. 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
No, it doesn't worry me one bit. You on the other hand seems mighty interested. Don't expect me to enlighten you when it comes to my identity.
I haven’t, nor will I ask you to indentify yourself or your informant (s). What I asked is a legitimate question since it would be obvious for those present who is leaking this information if it is accurate. If you are confident that your informant is not at jeapordy, then that is good to hear. Moving on. 👍🏻

Reactions: 4
I’m pages behind so apologies if I keep repeating others.
I stopped watching Chateau Life as I just couldn’t warm to it. This is really good to hear though. If he does cross the border he is very brave. I watched a news clip of Sky journalists being shot at right on the border and they had to take over in a warehouse til the army arrived.
He is stupid not brave. He doesn't know his way around there, doesn't speak the language, if something happens he will just cause trouble for people to get a British citizen out. There are other ways he could help

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.