The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just saw a post from one of his fans saying they have doubled the amount of Patreon money after his *sob sob* Vlog. FFS people, this is just what he wanted!
I just checked his Patreon account and it has not doubled at all. It's at $6,266. About the same it's been for eons.

Reactions: 4
Given we didn't want to discuss the Pethericks this drama is certainly having them discussed.

What I don't understand:
1. Angel released an updated version of her afternoon tea book, on back is an illustration by MP2, fully credited. Shown on SJ vlog to London with MP vlog 41. He is rightly very proud.

Q: If this was before wallpaper-gate, why a different approach re crediting illustration, with the beehive design? If it was after, that doesn't make sense - why stay and keep designing?

Q: If Brenda can produce a calendar with other people's photos, how hard can it be to produce for MP2? There are design places on line you just sent imagery to and everything from t-shirts to mugs. Even I have done it!

Q: Would D&A use French slander/libel laws and are they diffefent to UK? Could MP2 have markled himself by assuming knowledge of defamation laws in another country?

Q: His vlog has 124K views on You Tube - assuming unique views- 56% of his subscribers. Perhaps not all his subscribers are actively engaging since they were directed there by google in 2020? As a comparison, SJ's latest (3 days ago) has 58%, although she obviously gets repeat views by same people as one from 4 months ago had 91% views.

Intetested in people's thoughts.
Just an observation -
If you were dick n angle him 59 her 49 at the time of a serious Life gamble in purchasing the chateau

No gun to their head I’ll admit
But at HIS stage in life if it fails .... very little time to recoup .. am aware there’s a pension from army

So they KNOW a bit of media and decide to run the gauntlet / throw everything both sets of parents The kids on tv 📺

Do the shows do the graft get the ball rolling
Tv company says this has legs 🦵
runs another show DIY

Am aware other chat ooos don’t get paid ... with enough cop on they run with it for exposure for THEiR business in the future

In drops along the way some very talented ppl - whom they can collaborate with Once they sign a NDA ..

MP signed it .... all STAFF signed it .
Misguided or not .. you do work - on THEIR ideals and fell foul of not having
An agent
An entertainment lawyer
A business advisor
business acumen - as a bare minimum

And now in hindsight you throw a tit storm on a couple who are trying to secure after 5 years constant graft sweat and aches - one who’s finally approaching his retirement

And think you can cry as you lost your mojo 👁👃🐀

@Rory I’ll leave this with you on the views on DB s page there was many a commentary on how to push the views up on you tube

Click on the channel
Turn the sound off ( Incase your wee ones are working )
And let it run 🏃‍♀️
That will watch all the ads 💰💰💰
And it’s just running away in the background

If he garnished 10 k in responses today
It’s a bit like ex president trump - I had 80 million followers apparently 30% of them forgot to vote 🗳
Where are the 221 subscribers .... -90% 🗳

It’s just sold in USA 🇺🇸 ETTC

From D&A perspective
If my pay day didn’t make it rain ☔

I’d be looking for the toerag article of association that fucked it up .💫💫

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My
I starting getting a hint of Michael’s problems with delivering on promises about 4 months ago. I was a patron, but when I saw all the LV luggage and figured out he was wearing a $350 cologne, I quit with him. He’s also stated in Patron vlogs that he failed at hairdressing because he started hiding from his clients who needed their extensions dealt with, even though he was making really good money.

Seems this is his pattern. He’s gets where he’s doing well and then just crashes. It’s either a personality disorder or a character flaw of some kind. This latest video was just god awful. I’ve noticed his brother dragging him in his videos for not getting his videos out. I think the family is quite used to his behavior and doesn’t appreciate it. However, he does have a bit of star quality and they need him for that, so I’m sure they tolerate it. As you do with family.

I voted with my pocketbook so I’m not sore. I just don’t expect anything from him, and he doesn’t deliver, so that’s that.
My exact thoughts and just what I did I was a patron but stopped after noticing a few things which didn’t add up and I would never do a go fund or Patreon for renovations in my own house - he can well afford the renovations the family is not short of money

That pie sounded rank though 😂

I see the flaming mob is out tonight to get Marie on YT because SJ didn’t win!
oh my goodness I just went to read the comments! I can’t believe the sweet angel super fans are misbehaving! 😜😇

Marie cooks Monday - Friday! she had to invent a whole competition to get Philip to pull his own weight. It’s obvious the viewers categorize the LaLande characters into upstairs/downstairs. How dare Philip and Stephanie have to actually COOK on a WEEEKEND! 😫😫😫

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So seems h
I just saw a post from one of his fans saying they have doubled the amount of Patreon money after his *sob sob* Vlog. FFS people, this is just what he wanted!
so seems his sob story will work in his favour then
oh my goodness I just went to read the comments! I can’t believe the sweet angel super fans are misbehaving! 😜😇

Marie cooks Monday - Friday! she had to invent a whole competition to get Philip to pull his own weight. It’s obvious the viewers categorize the LaLande characters into upstairs/downstairs. How dare Philip and Stephanie have to actually COOK on a WEEEKEND! 😫😫😫
yes I do agree it’s not quite fair that Marie should have to cook all week that’s a full time job really everyone should take a turn surely they can put together a simple meal !

Reactions: 10
Well said! He is a talented artist use it to your advantage Michael. He said in his own words that he was credited as a unnamed artist maybe that is what was verbally agreed on and when it became very successful Michael now is salty. Her fabrics are beautiful but clearly appeal to a certain buyer. Michael go shine your light and take 5his as a lesson learned.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't subscribe to any of the Petherick tribe channels and only look at them if referenced by someone hear - again mostly muted. even before he started his vlog, an appearance by either MP or Gerry were enough to stop me watching CDs.

I did look at Billy's vlog today though and it came as no surprise to see them standing watching the old chap working. How MP can justify standing with his cup of tea and his hand in his pocket, watching his 70 odd yr old dad working is beyond me. The only one who appeared to do anything to physically contribute was Ryan who did at least fetch a pallet.

How very fortuitous that Billy was filming Ryan walking ahead of him at the very point that he "discovered" that hole. Wonder how many takes that took?
I totally agree Pa Petherick doing all the work....the sons doing zip all. Awful.

Reactions: 7
I just saw the latest CD. Although I like the idea of "Come Dine With Me" concept between the chateaux. I feel it's rather tone deaf to do it now, amid the pandemic...
I mean, she idolises Marie Antoinette. It’s very much on form.

Reactions: 11
I just checked his Patreon account and it has not doubled at all. It's at $6,266. About the same it's been for eons.
THEY, the suckers, are doubling the money they contribute, not that his income has doubled. Pus, don't the figures get released monthly, not daily?

Reactions: 2
Long time lurker. And off subject. But I’m baffled at all the people on youtube comments saying how attractive Philip is?! I literally thought he was 34-35... his hairline is shocking. Lots of very lonely horny people fawning over anything that moves on the vlogs, so embarrassing. I find his big moon face, hair and hairline and snorting gross. 🌝

One of you said he’s wasting the best years of his liat Lalonde, but it’s not as though anyone his age (apart from in Australia or NZ) are having social lives, amazing experiences etc. At the moment due to the virus. He is unemployed and never going to leave. 🙄

Can anyone tell me why you call Marie roadkill?

Reactions: 7
THEY, the suckers, are doubling the money they contribute, not that his income has doubled. Pus, don't the figures get released monthly, not daily?
Yes with patreon debits are first of the month, access immediate. So he will know fully 1 March impact, as the info for him is one month behind.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I do hope Michael continues to read here and can see the good advice here, in particular Heathcliffe's post. https://tattle.life/threads/the-chateau-diaries-12-carry-on-grifting.14310/post-3652860

Michael has many potential opportunities right in front of him!!! When people have a large audience, they can often take it for granted. Remember, very few people on the planet have direct access to the audience that Michael has. It might be easy to lose sight of that when you're in a community of online influencers, some of whom have far bigger audiences.

From the outside looking in, it looks like a turning point in life for Michael. It's painful. IT IS. We can see it. This is a point of choosing personal growth that can get you where you want to be. On the other hand, the path of least resistance, to stay where you are now, is always there to pull you back. You are flirting with that gravitational pull in your video. Don't go there. Don't let it. Keep pushing forward no matter how hard it feels.

THAT is the opportunity. I'm rooting for you Michael!!! (See below for ideas.)

Here's what I see: ***Michael has proven he can sell a lot through someone else.*** Right? This means Michael is very successful at that! VERY! (I know he doesn't feel/see that right now but I hope he can see it.) Find others to create work for, just next time get a contract that's more advantageous to you as the artist.

From a business angle, the Patron and Go Fund Me are the low-hanging fruit of revenue. That's easy. It won't last forever. Someday Patron and Go Fund Me will be like MySpace and AOL. Think of yourself like a business because you ARE a business now - businesses need to diversify funding streams. Develop the skill to imagine what's next, where's the potential. Michael imagined this with the cottage - apply this skill to product.

Don't invest your money in actual product, sell through others. The world is full of artists who do work for others - the artists names are never known but we all buy their images on products. They are making money, good money. The difference is, they have attorneys, contracts, they know how the licensing and intellectual property game is played. Far savvier businesspeople will come to you wanting to make money off your broken back. You need to see them for what they are up-front and counter with your own contractual language to ensure you get your share. Don't always say no to them just because they're sharks. They're savvy and they have the money because they know the rules and they know how to sell. You can ride their wave. Find a good attorney before the next potential agreement.

Create a lifestyle. You have a new gardener's cottage. What do you need? What would be in a gardener's cottage? Create these things. Set aside the Spode admiration for a moment, because you tried to follow the SJ model of acquiring luxury given by others and I'm not sure that's going to work for you long-term. First of all, you have a small cottage, that's not a criticism, I LOVE how you saw the potential in a junk-filled cobwebbed place and LOOK AT IT NOW! You can have some luxury things, but selling luxury to others doesn't work in there. Your cottage IS an aspirational place but it has different aspirations than a whole chateau. Tap into how your cottage has its own unique aspirational pull for an audience. I think you already know the answer to this, because it's what drew you personally to the cottage in the first place. Tap deeply into that and stay focused on it. You talk about Beatrice Potter, there's a cute-ness and a coziness to that. Consciously realize your BRAND. Make YOUR OWN BRAND. Use the color of your front door, it has meaning to you. You want a big platter for your table? DESIGN SOMETHING. Get it produced on a platter. Make it available to others to buy. You need artwork on your walls? DESIGN SOMETHING. You need tea towels that look good with Spode? DESIGN SOMETHING. Design rugs for your floors. Design your bedding when you finish the bedroom. Make your life your brand. This has been done ad nauseum by American influencers, because IT WORKS. (for example look up Justina Blakeney, very different style but she built a design licensing business on her personal style.) Michael is in a perfect situation to do this, and he has a ready-made audience to sell to, that will only grow.

I sure wish all of life learning was like it was when we were children: sitting in a chair in school listening to a teacher talk to you nicely. But it's not like that. The longer we live, and the more we do, the more exposure we get, the more often we run into criticism and resistance. That's just how it is. If you don't want that, stay in a small box. Some criticism is pure malignant for the sick joy of the criticiser. Some of it has suggestions that are gold nuggets for us and our futures. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. That in itself is learning, it's a skill.

Anyone who has a business and has had years of exposure to customers knows you will get criticism and you can use it to your advantage, once you can get over yourself and your ego, and get on with the work that will get you what you want in your life. Lord knows I've gone through this and it sucked. SUCKED. But I am better off for it. I see Michael is in this spot, the sucky spot. USE IT to your advantage Michael! This is how YOU WIN!

I expected a serial killer bloodbath of mean words when I found Tattle. That's not what this place is. There's some malignance here, some gossip, some truth. It's the mixed bag of humanity here. It takes a skill and a level of emotional intelligence to filter through it and figure out what's useful to you. Michael has been handed many gold nuggets here!! So many!!! Most of us fail to achieve what we want and we have zero feedback, we cannot begin to figure out why. There is feedback here, there are clues to the "why." For Michael, I'd suggest maybe find online courses about pacing of visual stories. Maybe get a video coach skilled in that who can go through your videos and be an impartial, dis-passionate third-party critiquer to help -- someone who is a nice giving person and truly there to help you.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Long time lurker. And off subject. But I’m baffled at all the people on youtube comments saying how attractive Philip is?! I literally thought he was 34-35... his hairline is shocking. Lots of very lonely horny people fawning over anything that moves on the vlogs, so embarrassing. I find his big moon face, hair and hairline and snorting gross. 🌝

One of you said he’s wasting the best years of his liat Lalonde, but it’s not as though anyone his age (apart from in Australia or NZ) are having social lives, amazing experiences etc. At the moment due to the virus. He is unemployed and never going to leave. 🙄

Can anyone tell me why you call Marie roadkill?
The full moniker is Floral Road Kill because so many of her ‘flowers’ look as if they been driven over....
BJJ certainly does look a good tens years older and not my look but at least he isn’t as aggressive with the pay attention to me! don’t I look sexy? pay attention to me! as his Master.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Just knew you were working on a massive missive.... you're so right on so many fronts. Please please please put up you post as a comment on his vlog, it might actually help him if he is still reading comments (over 7.something K last time I looked). Whoever was cheerleading him into posting that did him zero favours. If he was to get off his lazy arse and use his talents and his 200K subscribers to get some sort of business going using his 'designs' on godawful bedding, mugs, cushions, lampshades, notebooks etc (there's a market for everything - we all know that), all he has to do is sell it himself or on Etsy and his deluded gullible fans would buy it. Wondering though as he's outed himself as a trouble maker (whether he's right or not or has a guneuine case with D&A), getting it produced might be problematic, maybe not though, some factory in China will churn it out on cheap nasty fabric (as per D&A products), not quality at all, or cheap nasty whatever you call the stuff 99cent mugs are made of... however, this will never happen as producing designs, getting them printed onto whatever fabric for different purposes, getting that in turn made into curtain material or wallpaper or cushions, then getting it into any market requires WORK and spending money. Something MP just isn't really capable of.
Well I posted a long post suggesting he do exactly this, then scrolled up and saw this. (Because everybody has to earn money to eat, if people want to buy stuff, then design the stuff to buy.) MPK needs to now decide what to do. I wouldn't say that someone you don't know "isn't capable" of something. This is a turning point and a learning point right now for MPK. Some people are born into families that are in business, or they study business in college. If you have that advantage, you have connections and knowledge and you might know what to do. Without that, it's easy to get paralyzed because there is so much you don't know.

I sit with my a** on a couch all day every day working on a computer for my work. I am astounded by all the work MPK and his family did in the cottage. That's not idle sitting around doing nothing. MPK deserves credit for all that physical labor, and making a vision into reality. How many of us have done that? My house needs work. No way will I do all that labor. Screw that, yes I'm lazy about that. But if you want to do marketing to make money, I will do that all day and night 24/7 and fall asleep next to my computer as I do sometimes. I don't think Michael is lazy. He just needs to learn and know what to do next, and he needs support and coaches to help him. If he is prone to depression, as I have been through a lifetime, that doesn't help, yes it does show up in your work but it's not laziness, it's suffering.

It goes without saying, SJ will be a certain kind of a coach to MPK but he needs many other people in addition to her, because MPK will eventually wind up stuck in the web of her pathologies if he relies on her too much. He may be stuck in that web right now.

Reactions: 5
I do hope Michael continues to read here and can see the good advice here, in particular Heathcliffe's post. https://tattle.life/threads/the-chateau-diaries-12-carry-on-grifting.14310/post-3652860

Michael has many potential opportunities right in front of him!!! When people have a large audience, they can often take it for granted. Remember, very few people on the planet have direct access to the audience that Michael has. It might be easy to lose sight of that when you're in a community of online influencers, some of whom have far bigger audiences.

From the outside looking in, it looks like a turning point in life for Michael. It's painful. IT IS. We can see it. This is a point of choosing personal growth that can get you where you want to be. On the other hand, the path of least resistance, to stay where you are now, is always there to pull you back. You are flirting with that gravitational pull in your video. Don't go there. Don't let it. Keep pushing forward no matter how hard it feels.

THAT is the opportunity. I'm rooting for you Michael!!! (See below for ideas.)

Here's what I see: ***Michael has proven he can sell a lot through someone else.*** Right? This means Michael is very successful at that! VERY! (I know he doesn't feel/see that right now but I hope he can see it.) Find others to create work for, just next time get a contract that's more advantageous to you as the artist.

From a business angle, the Patron and Go Fund Me are the low-hanging fruit of revenue. That's easy. It won't last forever. Someday Patron and Go Fund Me will be like MySpace and AOL. Think of yourself like a business because you ARE a business now - businesses need to diversify funding streams. Develop the skill to imagine what's next, where's the potential. Michael imagined this with the cottage - apply this skill to product.

Don't invest your money in actual product, sell through others. The world is full of artists who do work for others - the artists names are never known but we all buy their images on products. They are making money, good money. The difference is, they have attorneys, contracts, they know how the licensing and intellectual property game is played. Far savvier businesspeople will come to you wanting to make money off your broken back. You need to see them for what they are up-front and counter with your own contractual language to ensure you get your share. Don't always say no to them just because they're sharks. They're savvy and they have the money because they know the rules and they know how to sell. You can ride their wave. Find a good attorney before the next potential agreement.

Create a lifestyle. You have a new gardener's cottage. What do you need? What would be in a gardener's cottage? Create these things. Set aside the Spode admiration for a moment, because you tried to follow the SJ model of acquiring luxury given by others and I'm not sure that's going to work for you long-term. First of all, you have a small cottage, that's not a criticism, I LOVE how you saw the potential in a junk-filled cobwebbed place and LOOK AT IT NOW! You can have some luxury things, but selling luxury to others doesn't work in there. Your cottage IS an aspirational place but it has different aspirations than a whole chateau. Tap into how your cottage has its own unique aspirational pull for an audience. I think you already know the answer to this, because it's what drew you personally to the cottage in the first place. Tap deeply into that and stay focused on it. You talk about Beatrice Potter, there's a cute-ness and a coziness to that. Consciously realize your BRAND. Make YOUR OWN BRAND. Use the color of your front door, it has meaning to you. You want a big platter for your table? DESIGN SOMETHING. Get it produced on a platter. Make it available to others to buy. You need artwork on your walls? DESIGN SOMETHING. You need tea towels that look good with Spode? DESIGN SOMETHING. Design rugs for your floors. Design your bedding when you finish the bedroom. Make your life your brand. This has been done ad nauseum by American influencers, because IT WORKS. (for example look up Justina Blakeney, very different style but she built a design licensing business on her personal style.) Michael is in a perfect situation to do this, and he has a ready-made audience to sell to, that will only grow.

I sure wish all of life learning was like it was when we were children: sitting in a chair in school listening to a teacher talk to you nicely. But it's not like that. The longer we live, and the more we do, the more exposure we get, the more often we run into criticism and resistance. That's just how it is. If you don't want that, stay in a small box. Some criticism is pure malignant for the sick joy of the criticiser. Some of it has suggestions that are gold nuggets for us and our futures. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. That in itself is learning, it's a skill.

Anyone who has a business and has had years of exposure to customers knows you will get criticism and you can use it to your advantage, once you can get over yourself and your ego, and get on with the work that will get you what you want in your life. Lord knows I've gone through this and it sucked. SUCKED. But I am better off for it. I see Michael is in this spot, the sucky spot. USE IT to your advantage Michael! This is how YOU WIN!

I expected a serial killer bloodbath of mean words when I found Tattle. That's not what this place is. There's some malignance here, some gossip, some truth. It's the mixed bag of humanity here. It takes a skill and a level of emotional intelligence to filter through it and figure out what's useful to you. Michael has been handed many gold nuggets here!! So many!!! Most of us fail to achieve what we want and we have zero feedback, we cannot begin to figure out why. There is feedback here, there are clues to the "why." For Michael, I'd suggest maybe find online courses about pacing of visual stories. Maybe get a video coach skilled in that who can go through your videos and be an impartial, dis-passionate third-party critiquer to help -- someone who is a nice giving person and truly there to help you.
These are nice thoughts and should be posted publically on facebook. The Trotters think Tattle commentators were trolling them, in fact we barely found them interesting. Note MP2 never repeated the commentary from here about his potential or work output. Or criticism of Sadie's social media posts, or cannibalism of their brand with all the vlogs.
Apart from tracking the legalities of this situation, can comments re Pethericks go the dedicated thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That pie sounded rank though 😂

I see the flaming mob is out tonight to get Marie on YT because SJ didn’t win!
This is the first time I have actually noticed a ruffling of the feathers with the YT fans. They obviously don't like when their little darlings lose to the big mean La La Ladies (sickening name for a team). Honestly, no wonder the world is lead by idiots if something as silly as a cooking competition on a pseudo reality show makes grown men and women come to the defense of a wannabe Disney princess and her prince frog. The whole thing was just a desperate ploy to have something to vlog about. Obviously, the Flower Child and the Minder are of a different caliber than the Princess and her minions. I thought the whole thing was ridiculous, especially with all those dietary restrictions. BJJ's idea of eating in the cold salon was lame and should have been overruled by the other two. Who wants to be shivering while trying to enjoy a labored over meal? Oh, but it was the last time to enjoy the Christmas tree! Done with Christmas already. Maybe now Flower Child will finally come to her senses and realize what a fantasy this place is. She has stated that she plans on moving back to England soon. I think all the negative comments about her competitiveness will hasten her departure.

Well I posted a long post suggesting he do exactly this, then scrolled up and saw this. (Because everybody has to earn money to eat, if people want to buy stuff, then design the stuff to buy.) MPK needs to now decide what to do. I wouldn't say that someone you don't know "isn't capable" of something. This is a turning point and a learning point right now for MPK. Some people are born into families that are in business, or they study business in college. If you have that advantage, you have connections and knowledge and you might know what to do. Without that, it's easy to get paralyzed because there is so much you don't know.

I sit with my a** on a couch all day every day working on a computer for my work. I am astounded by all the work MPK and his family did in the cottage. That's not idle sitting around doing nothing. MPK deserves credit for all that physical labor, and making a vision into reality. How many of us have done that? My house needs work. No way will I do all that labor. Screw that, yes I'm lazy about that. But if you want to do marketing to make money, I will do that all day and night 24/7 and fall asleep next to my computer as I do sometimes. I don't think Michael is lazy. He just needs to learn and know what to do next, and he needs support and coaches to help him. If he is prone to depression, as I have been through a lifetime, that doesn't help, yes it does show up in your work but it's not laziness, it's suffering.

It goes without saying, SJ will be a certain kind of a coach to MPK but he needs many other people in addition to her, because MPK will eventually wind up stuck in the web of her pathologies if he relies on her too much. He may be stuck in that web right now.
If you have never started a business you may not know how much capital it takes. Having goods produced oversees requires large down payments to factories. You will be competing with other companies that are well established with orders much, much larger than yours. I have worked for several companies that had goods produced off shore and it's a headache. I don't think MP2 has the stomach for it. You have to be thick skinned and aggressive to survive the world of manufacturing. I really think he is a behind the scenes kind of person. He is not very experienced with life and easily has his feelings hurt. He already is way over his head with the vlogging and that's why he had this latest melt down. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he just needs to find a hubby that will support him so he can putter around with his baking and crafts and when things get tough, hubby can come to his rescue.

Last edited:
Regarding Marie's alleged harsh critique of the come dine with me malarkey, I for one am glad to see her developing a backbone finally. She used to be so limp and indecisive. It seems she's woken up a bit and realised that she's no longer the favourite poodle anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.