The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a feeling Dick and Angel have long memories. Plus SJ’s Xmas antics/work away drama/dodgy Foundation (literally and figuratively) would probably want Channel 4 distancing themselves in the future.
I'd say SSB is lying on the cutting room floor as I type...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I just saw the latest CD. Although I like the idea of "Come Dine With Me" concept between the chateaux. I feel it's rather tone deaf to do it now, amid the pandemic...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I remember way back on thread #1 when we all wondered if it could really be so “lovely”... guess we are truly seeing the dark underbelly now.....and I LOVE it!!!

I just saw the latest CD. Although I like the idea of "Come Dine With Me" concept between the chateaux. I feel it's rather tone deaf to do it now, amid the pandemic...

“Chateau Wars” might work? Looks like it’s heading that way anyhoo.....start warming that oil....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The good thing is @Fuzzypeg Rabies is now curable if we could get the word to them. The problem is the majority are lonely/vulnerable people who think they are making a difference it's a shame.
I understand , but the root cause here is the vlogger , mercenary doesnt begin to describe that vlog.

The end game is all about money and destroying a show which he is no longer any part of IMO.

Reactions: 8
Jeez, you don't think FR was doing A Tutorial? "How to shove a dandelion in a jam jar". Heavens to Murgatroyd, Anna would have been better looking at flower arranging by a professional on YouTube,
I might drop Anna a private message... she's needs to be guided. I like her, the hubby and the house, but if she gets into bed with SSB I'm done, I'll hit that Subsribed Button and Unsubsribe, so there!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
“Chateau Wars” might work? Looks like it’s heading that way anyhoo.....start warming that oil....
"Undercover Brenda": Each chateau has to host Brenda and her box of craic. The chateau that last the longest, wins.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The last (#11) thread had so much of my same thoughts and feelings! Happy to read others finding the same experience as viewers. I'd much rather just see the stone floor work progress than another dinner party. I think both MP and SJ got lost in creating "more" content, for more viewers. Its unfortunate, but maybe they will come around!

Reactions: 11
The last (#11) thread had so much of my same thoughts and feelings! Happy to read others finding the same experience as viewers. I'd much rather just see the stone floor work progress than another dinner party. I think both MP and SJ got lost in creating "more" content, for more viewers. Its unfortunate, but maybe they will come around!
was so surprised by this week's patreon video! the updates SJ showed should've been in the CD videos! I miss the progress from over the summer :/ they found fossils in one of the stone slabs!

also very tired of the dinners and parties - new to tattle but glad I am not alone in feeling like this

• Sad
Reactions: 15
You may be right but from where will they claim compensation ? MP has no money (er ... only Patreon income) And Is Billy married to Gwen (can’t remember and can’t be bothered to look back) Michael said that it was Billy who called out the Strawbridges in the first place ... therefore could Billy also be named and shamed in any legal action with the knock-on effect that Chateau Basmignee could be an asset that was at risk ?

I doubt Michael has any sort of insurance to claim against. He must be cray-cray not to take that vlog down. If I was his barrister defending him I’d say ‘my client is not of sound mind’ !

The Strawbrdges are no doubt already receiving legal advice .....
Someone deffo said somewhere here that Ma Trotter said Billy and Gwen were legally married. Now theres another woman with a very strong stomach.

LMAO about SJ being a breath of fresh air!!! All she does is flit around her chatooooo and gets others to do " volunteer work" for her when she should be doing things mostly on her own. (Yes I know, it's so taxing to get out of bed around 10:00 am every day. Such is the life huh?) And paying everybody for their efforts. If her ex Nick thought so much of her he wouldn't be going around wearing those cringy paperbags over his head. And by friends encouraging her, I belive it was Michael who helped her set up the vlog in the first place. Non of her woe is me stories add up. Attached is a picture of Miss Jarvis back from 2017 on her facebook page, hardly seems like she was hurting for money even back then. Sorry, not buying any of it.
I've said it before, look at that photograph of her, what about 43 at the time... not right in the head!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I just discovered this group a few days ago and have been binge reading. I have liked or laughed at dozens, if not hundreds, of your comments but not made my own yet since I started at the very first page and am only up to reading a few thousand comments. I tend to agree with most of what has been said here, and rarely bothered to comment on the actual CD videos since I could see that most of the viewers were just sucking up. I know I'd have been tarred and feathered (is that an American practice?) for daring to make a few honest observations, so I said nothing. I got so tired of the fans rushing to post the pics of their newest piece of toile, or Spode, or 100 Stars robe, wondering why none of them had an original idea. I will try to get caught up here over the next week or so, reading it all, as your comments save me lots of needless vlog watching. I am behind there too, though when I began and watched the original CDs in order, I watched them all up to just a few months ago and got behind. BTW, I am American, over 50, but not the typical fan that you all cringe at. Speaking of cringing, something about Queen Brenda and then later Karen Cbomb caused me a lot of that. Glad to know I can share cringe worthy moments with other like-minded individuals. I had to leave those "official" FB pages once I discovered here that they were only superfan kingdoms ruled over by narcissistic queen Bees.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Given we didn't want to discuss the Pethericks this drama is certainly having them discussed.

What I don't understand:
1. Angel released an updated version of her afternoon tea book, on back is an illustration by MP2, fully credited. Shown on SJ vlog to London with MP vlog 41. He is rightly very proud.

Q: If this was before wallpaper-gate, why a different approach re crediting illustration, with the beehive design? If it was after, that doesn't make sense - why stay and keep designing?

Q: If Brenda can produce a calendar with other people's photos, how hard can it be to produce for MP2? There are design places on line you just sent imagery to and everything from t-shirts to mugs. Even I have done it!

Q: Would D&A use French slander/libel laws and are they diffefent to UK? Could MP2 have markled himself by assuming knowledge of defamation laws in another country?

Q: His vlog has 124K views on You Tube - assuming unique views- 56% of his subscribers. Perhaps not all his subscribers are actively engaging since they were directed there by google in 2020? As a comparison, SJ's latest (3 days ago) has 58%, although she obviously gets repeat views by same people as one from 4 months ago had 91% views.

Intetested in people's thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Contrary to your concerns, SJ has excellent relationships with her two fellow owners and they and their spouses appear to have the utmost respect for her. This is no mean feat for such a longtime shared ownership model of anything, let alone a decrepit old chateau in need of a zillion tasks being done. I see SJ as an accidental blogger success. Everything about her backstory screamed unfamiliarity with digital media as it pertained to her career as a BnB and event host. She was encouraged by friends after exposure through ‘DIY’ and has become a success. I feel she brings a warm and welcome breath of fresh air to this now crowded Brit Chateau arena.
JMHO
Hi Nati!

I agree. And if MP was to have any sort of future commercial success (from mad-dog-
super-fans) then even that may be at risk because D & A’s legal teams will perhaps direct any damages awarded to them at MP’s future earnings.

whether Angela did or didn’t do something ethical is barely relevant (I’m only guessing) as MP’s openly slanderous remarks are seriously on dodgy ground. As someone here said earlier, imagine the legal/or/ marketing people involved now that ETTC will be on USA network .... they will do all they can to protect the brand that has been created by the strawbridges - and the money spinner it is.
D&A brought this all on themselves when they fired the Pethricks from ETTCDIY after shooting for months. How do they decide after editing their second season that now they are too boring? They would have been cut after the first season if this were the case but we all know this was retaliation so don’t feel sorry for the lot of them. All of this blowing up when launching in the US. Being petty has consequences.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
@MojoDublin I maybe didn't word that as I meant..its merely an observation why he doesn't get off his arse & work like everyone else I def. don't agree with his outlook!!But as long as the patreon $ are rolling in he will be very content producing the odd pity party vlog!
I think the current vlog will have got him a whole new influx of Patreon’s

Reactions: 2
I am here darling, stunned into silence :oops: I did watch the "confession" vlog of young Trotter, and I just can't find the words! But shall try. :devilish: Firstly, why do we think of him as a boy? The vlog itself is the answer. He isn't though, not in chronological age anyway. If this weird Chatelaine of TV shows has cheated him out of money by using his art, she is not nice to know. But he has had something like 200 000 supporters in the last 10 months, WHY has he not taken advantage of that fortune and created new stuff in his own name that makes what he made for her seem insignificant? At the time, he was a nobody, now thanks to algorythms mainly, and that people like his face, he has an audience. That he has completely taken for granted and only served them a couple of boring videos. He has creativity, he should use it. IF you are reading this Michael, ACTION speaks louder than words, for heaven's sake DO something! Produce, shine, rise above! 💪 To put blame on gossip sites like this one is just too easy, and infantile. As a person in the spotlight, there will ALWAYS be green eyed monsters who snipe, people who are curious about your private life (and look for clues), narky people who got up with the wrong foot and want to let rip, and horrible mean people who likes to see others suffer. That is a fact of life, and of being a known person. If you can't ignore that, you should not be in the spotlight. You cannot shame the world into only speaking nicely about you, it won't happen! Not even to Jesus would that happen. :sneaky::coffee: Also, to be all high and mighty and claim that speaking about other people is a sign of lowlife, get over yourself. Society and humanity relies on us having interest in one another, you're no different. You love it as long as it is adoration, well it has a backside.
I agree that some stuff written on this site has been malignant, but the vast majority of it is just idle gossip. I agree that to speculate in SJ father being a weirdo, and trying to "diagnose" mental problems is way out there. As far as the Pethrics I am not sure I have seen anything here I would classify as malignant, -people are mainly calling them boring and idle, so prove us wrong then!?! :rolleyes: So, in short, I was not impressed by the confession vlog, no. It just bought the young man more time to excuse himself for not actually producing any content to the people who pay for that. He likes the income, but somehow does not come up with ideas or energy to make entertaining vlogs. He need only look to SJ vlog, those are entertaining! My wife loves watching those, in spite of me lusting after SJ at times. :ROFLMAO: They are charming, entertaining, varied, fun! If he has no talent for presenting and creating vlogs (which might be the annoying truth) then create designs and goods, make a web shop! The superfans would love that. So, that is my opinion. Not impressed.(n)
👏👏👏👏 Totally agree

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.