The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What pray tell does an online manager of a virtual choir actually pay? And please forgive my ignorance because I live in the states but doesn’t each country want their residents to stay in their home country in the event they get Covid while let’s say living in rural France? Who picks up the tab then? And the hospital is nearly an hour away so who gets a bed? A virtual choir manager from the UK? A raising Dutch social media star? Or an actual someone who is actually French? With IJ flown the coup do we even have one in the cast?

Reactions: 9
Don't know what to say to someone who doesn't have a car or a real place to live but desires a velvet sofa. Hmm...priorities?

Reactions: 18
I agree. I have watched a few bits of their channels & they seem a dull bunch. If you have a beef against someone who you did business with it isn't appropriate to post a vlog about it.

The reason why Mr Petherick junior is quoting things incorrectly is because he has probably been given a run down on the telephone by someone about what he should be enraged about. I notice he also mentioned his laugh, I can't see that his laugh has been mentioned anywhere. I thought it was the snort machine page boy who had the weird annoying laugh. I'm guessing that someone who has 12 threads about her might be a little more cross about gossip but has kept her hands clean on this particular issue by winding up someone else and pointing them in this direction.

Reactions: 11
Which is unbelievable I hope she paid a lump sum of 10€ for that cold, damp, dark crap shack.
And don’t forget she didn’t even get the side with the natural light. That was reserved for Oliver who hasn’t been there painting at all because there is a pandemic! She really is abused by SJ.

Reactions: 10
Select the text then a little quote popup button appears. Click on that, and it is inserted.
He probably gets away with it because he occasionally leaves for a few days or a week at a time. So it's not permanent.

My understanding is the rules apply to mobile homes not camper vans , had a look on line and a mobile home must be towed to move it. You rightly Say mobile homes are covered by planning .

Reactions: 4
Ok I put that into Translate and got what it means. All I know here in Ireland, if self employed / business owner you have to legally declare all monies received - now you can lie and not declare and fingers crossed you never get audited when it will be found out unless it's in a brown paper bag. But money making its way into any account, private or business, via paypal or revolut etc is supposed to be declared and is taxed accordingly if its revenue. There will always be a paper trail. Even if you're getting paid in cash a lot, the paper trail is that there is no movement on your credit or debit cards or bank account for day to day living expenses because you're using cash. So while Patreon doesn't care less what you do with money sent via their US business, they don't need to regulate it, you must regulate yourself and declare your income. Easy enough perhaps to not declare and hope you remain below the radar but with a big FAT open Vlog thanking her Top Tier Patrons pus the gifts (undeclared) she's an open book for the French authorities.

You must watch the episode of Father Ted 'Night of the Nearly Dead,' I'm afraid I am not techno savvy enough to show the clip of hundreds of handbag wielding old ladies trying to get into a house.( Lalande when Covid restrictions are lifted." Stephaneeeeeeeeeee Let us in " !!!!!!!!)

Reactions: 17
And we all know how great she is with her dealings with the French authorities, anyone missing a lake? All while mommy and Hanni are indisposed. Guess it will be up to Dana to sort the looming tax mess. Interesting that Nic and Potty don’t seem to bother messing with the authorities but something tells me they soon will be....

Superb additional info. and welcome here. Your comment on everyone jumping on the ‘money train’ particularly Michael and the rude Marie are on point. They all want something from others who frequently have less than they and both of those give back nothing or little in return. In life there are givers and takers and these two (and obvs SJ) are take, take, take.

This is why I was so disappointed to see Anna and Phillipe not only teaming up with SJ et al, but also handing out the begging bowl before they have barely begun. It’s so ugly and offensive.

Am so pleased to know there is a chateau owner out there with principles (and no begging bowl) who was prepared to advise and challenge the grab grab grab of SJ and Marie. Well done. Seriously a good move

Not at all surprised to learn Floral Roadkill is rude, even allowing for a language difference, her surly, sulky nature cannot be disguised, no matter how faux-happy she appears from time to time nor what she dresses up in.

Reactions: 26

This makes sense. She and her flower arrangements come across as puerile.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
@Clara Burnett - Please do not describe Chateau De LaLande as a dump in the middle of nowhere. It has been firmly established that it is a HEAP in the middle of nowhere, HMN in the glossary!

Reactions: 25
Very nice comparison

Who the hell is Dana anyway? She rubs me the wrong way with her overt attempt at being sexy all the time and her raspy smokers voice.

Reactions: 17
Absolutely bang on. That's what infuriates me about the Cadeaux vlog: it feeds that need the lonely have to see themselves acknowledged on a public channel and exploits it remorselessly.

Reactions: 21
SJ is all over Facebook , YouTube , Instagram , Patreon , online articles and very regular visits to the local mayor to re instate the infamous lost lake now she has the spondoolicks to do it, she’s slagged off the french water police into the bargain ( bad idea to defame french institutions ) .
I don’t think she is discreet about anything , her Patreon money is public info for all to see.
The bnb was run by volunteers for years , someone reported her for the workaway to stop.
I think she is very much on the French authorities radar .

Last edited:
The EU/uk agreement guarantees the rights of UK nationals who were resident in the EU before the end of 2020. They are able to continue using their EU-issued EHIC card when travelling within the EU. I understand that a EHIC card for other UK travellers is valid until the expiry date. This allows for a reciprocal arrangement of healthcare between those member nations, so Cat (and the other Europeans) would have been entitled to the same level of healthcare as the French nationals. (Don't get me started on the foolishness of Brexit.). The same would apply to a French national here.(UK). One of the burdens on our NHS is that everyone, regardless of nationality or ability to pay, receives medical care at the point of need.
I have no idea what Cat's salary would be, other than it was paid employment and she often referred to needing to work when others were off on a jaunt. I believe that this is quite a well known and respected choir, not your local church choir.
I don't recall when she arrived at Lalande, I assume that it was mid lockdowns, when travel restrictions over much of the world were eased somewhat. As a UK national, she returned home just before Christmas, as we entered another period of lockdown, in common with others globally, and I would presume, returning to a period of self isolation with her family. I know of an American national who was returning home to California to self isolate at roughly the same time.
As far as the distance to the local hospital goes, I suppose the impact is the same for anyone in a rural location anywhere in Europe or the USA for that matter.

Reactions: 9
Just highlight the text you want quoted in your post, as soon as you finish highlighting the words you want to appear, Tattle automatically pops up 'quote' at the end of the highlighted piece and then proceed, otherwise if you just hit quote at the end of the whole post, the whole 'quoted' post appears in your post - am I making sense?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.