The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's actually called the map of Cassini or map of the Academy, the first topographic and geometric map established of the Kingdom of France as a whole, compiled in the 18th century. It's an often referred checkpoint because when properties or lakes etc are mentioned on this map, it means you can prove they existed before a lot of the current laws came into effect and you might have legal standing to protect your property from being affected by these laws. Especially in dealing with the "water police" in her area, SJ could have prevented the drowning of her lake by pointing them towards the map. Every land registry office in France, even online, show these maps as reference.
Don't make me start about the Lost Lake....

She was wrong from A to Z in this matter (that's the reason why I started to look online if other people thought the same about her as me). And always blaming others for her own mistakes - and finding people to believe her !!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That whole revelation was so teenager-y! What 48 yr old refers to their partner as a boyfriend? So juvenile! I know hes young, but wouldnt it be more elegant to call him her partner, or say “we are in a relationship”?
I look at it this way: He's her boyfriend, and she's his Old Lady.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm sure there is such a person, but what would SJ be without her dump?
Rich Americans wouldn't buy that heap! They would buy something nice and have it professionally restored and decorated. This chateau is like many have commented on here, just an ugly old farmhouse/hunting lodge/collection of rambling buildings attached to each other. It will never ever be a grand chateau because it never was.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hmm, maybe he is a kept man. He gets his pants from Steph, although they only appear as half length on him. Of course she had the nappy pants made for his Bridgerton debut. Maybe if he is a good boy, he will be able to afford some more and buttons for his shirt. Exposing three hairs doesn't make them grow faster.
Talking of gift grab claws -a gentleman always grooms his nails shorter for those moments. One cannot play a fine instrument with the wrong tools. It maybe an excuse for getting out of DIY though, he would break a nail.

Hey now, that's a good idea for one of his vlogs. Instead of setting tables, we could watch him doing his nails.

• Haha
  • Sick
@après-le-déluge can you imagine what the appraisal would come in at now as she has destroyed the grand salon. The wall ripped out in her office/boudoir not attended to and so on & so on. It almost seems that she is destroying the château bit by bit. All that was done during the time her father was alive.

Reactions: 17
You literally took the words right out of my mouth

”Oh wow,”
”It’s beeyoodiful”
”I love them/it”
”Oh, look”

I think he’s the greediest Grifter ever born.
Everytime he opens his fawning, grasping gob I swear my BP heads over 200

”Is that a bunny?” he chimes - ffs Snorts it’s a frigging rabbit you infantile, snivelling babyman
It's obvious he's been hanging around Fanny far too long.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Looks like he’s running the show from here on out- Stephanie is letting him drive this bus
I fixed it for you...
Looks like he’s running the show from here on out- Stephanie is letting him drive this bus off the cliff.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just before I disappear to become a diva in the kitchen, I want to relate what happened to me while out shopping this afternoon. I heard someone call my name, when I turned I saw I---, the lady who owns not one, but two chateaux. We found a little terrace and sat down for a catch up. When we were talking about how cold it must be in their area of the Loire now, I got around to telling her about the Fannys of this world. If Fanny had been listening in, she would have been stunned that this lady had never heard of this clique of grifters. She told me that when they first bought the chateau, her husband (who at times can be an arrogant tit), started to cut down some ancient trees in the grounds. This caused the ire of a local farmer and the two of them had a shouting match. That was 14 years ago and the cold war continues. She said that if you want to get on with your French neighbours you interact with them, otherwise it's suicide. She said that if you cause any friction or scandal in a village setting, that information spreads throughout a widespread area like wildfire. Oh when I told her about Patreon and how these people were abusing it, the look on her face was priceless.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
If I were Dan, Kim or the remaining volunteers, I'd be inclined to leave the 7 Christmas trees plus all the decorations and jolly well let the chatelaine and her lapdog sort it all out themselves when they get back. After all, they chose to do it and they know where it is to be stored. They are like little kids who expect the adults to do all the tidying up after Christmas as they can't be trusted to do it properly. Pretty sure that Dan's contract doesn't include taking decorations down. If it was only one tree, that might be acceptable but not with all 7 trees' worth of LL's OTT dross!
I don't think for one second they have OCD but just in case they did I would put them all away in mixed up colours in odd boxes & in the wrong wardobes 😜 ... Good luck finding the croissant decoration next year!

• Haha
Still on page nine, but jumping ahead to let those interested know It's a Wonderful Life has posted a new vlog.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Christmas trees

The big one in the salon
The aunt & uncles
Marie & Nicks
Peacock tree
Creature tree
Fanny's bed room (not sure is this creature tree?)
Pink Toile Tree

Not tree but garland and food decorations in the kitchen &
Lights around trees frame in court yard, Big tree (Dan already taken down with digger)

So 6 or 7 trees (8 if counting courtyard tree) and then the other decorations to take down
And if they left it to Dan to take down the decorations they are all going to be broken into bits... I like Dan, but he's not going put them away properly...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That whole revelation was so teenager-y! What 48 yr old refers to their partner as a boyfriend? So juvenile! I know hes young, but wouldnt it be more elegant to call him her partner, or say “we are in a relationship”?
I found the whole curtain backdrop funny.like an interigation chamber or takki photo booth!

Just before I disappear to become a diva in the kitchen, I want to relate what happened to me while out shopping this afternoon. I heard someone call my name, when I turned I saw I---, the lady who owns not one, but two chateaux. We found a little terrace and sat down for a catch up. When we were talking about how cold it must be in their area of the Loire now, I got around to telling her about the Fannys of this world. If Fanny had been listening in, she would have been stunned that this lady had never heard of this clique of grifters. She told me that when they first bought the chateau, her husband (who at times can be an arrogant tit), started to cut down some ancient trees in the grounds. This caused the ire of a local farmer and the two of them had a shouting match. That was 14 years ago and the cold war continues. She said that if you want to get on with your French neighbours you interact with them, otherwise it's suicide. She said that if you cause any friction or scandal in a village setting, that information spreads throughout a widespread area like wildfire. Oh when I told her about Patreon and how these people were abusing it, the look on her face was priceless.
Correct about Dance,tread very careful,the hunters rule!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sara, there is a fashion school in SA. Maybe, you can be gifted tuition as your kickback from the patron dollars you contributed to SJ???

1 DAY AGO
sewmanorandmakr

I started the train wreck which is trying to get two adult 18th c inspired costumes done, in time for carneval in Venice (which probably won't happen).

Started the fall front breeches, which I felt foolish a couple of times trying to figure out, but I think are on their way now.

Seriously, the first time making something, I have a heck of a time trying to figure out what is 'front', 'side' or 'bottom'...
Philip is the bottom

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Christmas trees
The big one in the salon
The aunt & uncles
Marie & Nicks
Peacock tree
Creature tree
Fanny's bed room (not sure is this creature tree?)
Pink Toile Tree
Not tree but garland and food decorations in the kitchen &
Lights around trees frame in court yard, Big tree (Dan already taken down with digger)
So 6 or 7 trees (8 if counting courtyard tree) and then the other decorations to take down
If I were there, I’d take care of the Christmas decorations for Stephanie. I would lovingly put everything away in properly labeled bins, with certain delicate items wrapped in tissue paper. Before I would seal up all of the bins until next year, I would thoughtfully pour a glass of milk into each one. Then I would carefully place the bins back into the correct armoires in the attic. 🎄🥛💩🤢🤮🦚🦔❤

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Thank you, I have gone back and am skimming, I realize that this was when I was busy at work last winter and could not keep up with al the threads, I know I missed a few.
:oops: 😆
JFC she used her own name here! Absolutely mental.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.