The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love these I would buy for my hubby as a gag gift. When we were first married I bought him sequined knickers for his xmas stocking (joke). I have over the years bought him other silly knickers, he doesn't get upset he has a laugh with it. I actually thought Snorts was being a good sport wearing the apron as he knew the joke was on him. If he had protested and not worn it we would have all said he's so immature he can't take a joke. It is ok to laugh at ones self every now and then.
Yeah but that’s your husband. Totally different relationship.

Reactions: 4
And another thing (still ranting! 😆)…don’t forget that Michael told us in his last crying vlog he had to borrow €500 from Stephanie and needed to pay it back. But his brother can find €500,000 and spend it in 5 minutes. Why didn’t MPK borrow from Billy? Because Billy’s not stupid…he knows exactly where that money would go.

What a way to brag, Billy! Nothing low key or understated about your announcement, is there?

D0BE4427-76F8-4868-A2FA-9356E7FA473C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Thank you all for your warm welcome.
I wasn't sure wheather I should post the link to the ranting lady or not. But now I'm glad I did. I found this lady some time ago when reading through the comments on one of SJ's videos. She posted there a slightly critical comment and I found her name worth clicking on. That's why I found her channel. She posts videos on a daily(?) basis speaking about a lot of stuff. I especially thought it interesting to hear her ranting about English people that complain about so much in France, but on the other hand live in France themselves. And then there came this video....

So, Who am I?
I'm a 70 year old retired teacher, married, one son, four cats, loving to knit, crochet, read or sew while listening/watching a broad variety of YouTube videos.
So one day - I think it still was 2019 - I was recommended her channel. I liked it and watched all of her viedeos from then on and backwards. Soon I was recommended MP's channel that I really loved by then (the very first videos to be clear). I subscribed to him, too. Then I stumbled about all the other chateaux-channels and was sucked in, like an addiction. I even stopped knitting etc, my eyes were only glued to the screen - for months and months, in fact years I just realize.
I really bought into the poor girl scam and believed it. One day - I can't remember when - I thought to myself: Wait, there is something wrong. She says that she hasn't got any money, but then she buys Fortnum & Mason? Wasn't that this expensive tea that I can't afford? I looked it up and yes, it was. Hmmmm, strange. She stays in a London flat that she owns? No, that must be wrong. I must have misunderstood all of that (I'm not a native speaker). What, she travels to Egypt and the Far East, (Vietnam/Kambodia, or what was it)? But she doesn't have any money. How can she do that? Oh, it was all a gift. Okay then.
And then there was all that gifting. She praised the gift as the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, to say the same thing to the next nearly identical gift by another sender. I thought that was quite rude.
At this point I started to read comments, which I had never done in my life before. I wanted to know if there were other people like me who found her behaviour strange. But there were none. It was only praising her in the highest tone. So I thought, okay, it's just me that is strange not her. Little did I know by then.
I even considered to join her patreon and help her out. But they asked me for my credit card details. And being German we older Germans are very reluctant to give somebody our credit card details. Now I'm so glad that this saved me from giving a very rich person my money.
Well, and then there was MP's D&A video. "She stole my design." And I bought it. By then I had started to read the comments and found the mentioning of a special site. I didn't understand the word, so I googled and found tattle. I wanted to read myself what this bad site was writing. The more I read the more my eyes widened, because everything that sounded strange to me was voiced here. I felt so good, no more "I am the strange person who things that is wrong". AND I learned that the video creator could delete posts!!! I didn't know that. Now it made sense to me why there were only positive comments and no critical ones.
After having read here for a few days I joined the site, but until now never had the guts to post. Though there was a time when I was so mad at her that I composed some postings to tattle (in my mind) while cooking dinner but never put it in here. It was the video where Dan got a packet sent especially to him and only to him and she robbed him of some of his gifts. That was the moment I unsubscribed on all chateaux channels. Well, I re-subscribed to Lalasalle, Ferté, Honfleur and Dan again, because I think they really do work. But all of the rest - I don't want to give them my - indirect - money via subscribtion.
Regarding previous threads: I started reading at the end of the #20s till #30. Then I thought that I had to start to read from the beginning. I read #1 to #4 and thought: Let's look what is written up now in #30 - only to discover that you were at #34 already. That's when I decided to stop reading the old threads, because I couldn't keep up with you any more -reading the old AND the new one.

Well, that's my story. I'm sorry that it's a bit long. AND I apologize if I used a word that might have offended you in US or UK (like somebody did unwillingly in an earlier post). As I stated I'm not a native speaker and my English isn't that good.
Welcome from me too! Your English is very good, and I'm glad you have found us. I joined in November 2021 and have read lots of the old threads but not all, you are correct you can't really read them all and stay up to date with the latest thread. Looking forward to seeing more comments from you.
Sparrow down-under in New Zealand

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thank you very much

Thank you. I wasn't sure whether I should tell my story or not, but decided to do so in the end. Especially after my first post here. That seemed to be like a bomb :). So many people reacting to the video.
Yes, and not least, I think Kathy is in for a surprise when she looks at the stats (y)

Reactions: 15
Most puzzling to me is why Fanny emptied a huge, historical body of water on the say-so of a local or state pseudo authority, to do with new European Union laws. Without contacting lawyers, environmentalists, historians, geologists etc. Nope, I was told to empty it, immediately, so i DID !!!! 😮

I have a vacation home in Italy, with a garage and separate apartment above it. When i went to the Comune to see about enlarging the apartment, I was told that it did NOT appear on their plans, that it was 'abusivo' and that i had 90 days to demolish it completely! Shock.

However, i did not run to Brico and buy a sledgehammer and begin demo. I went to lawyers, geometers, begged the mayor, wheedled and eventually paid a fine and kept it. I was younger than SJ at the time but, now having seen how completely useless nic and pottsy are, (drinking wine while the lackeys cleaned up the collapsed ceiling). perhaps, they advised her to pull the plug.

Just another of her nonsensical actions which others are now expected to pay for. How she could not have understood that restoring the lake is a massive undertaking indicates she is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
I will give her the benefit of the doubt for emptying the lake, as I think she was not in her right mind at the time. Still grieving for Daddy and alone at Shitoo. I also can't see any advantage for her to have done it either, so I think she did feel bullied into it.
But the recent fish lake emptying was just ridiculous as she should have thought I better check if I am allowed to do this after the lake fiasco

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Aww....I crown this lady, QUEEN!👑

View attachment 984574

It's also a delight to see so many new members on Tattle.Life! Welcome to the Illuminati (the enlightened ones)!
The cracks and fissures SJ tries so hard to hide behind the glamour and the glitter of her fairytale dreams are becoming more and more obvious to more and more people. SJ's kingdom is crumbling.

Tick-tock. 🕰
KABOOM! 💥
Where do I watch this!!!

Reactions: 5
I’ve been in a snake pit before. It was my workplace for many, many years. I had no choice but to stay. The interesting thing about snake pits, is when you make the decision to stay, knowing you’re in one, you think you can stay above it and be smart about how you navigate. However, over time you find yourself having to be somewhat a snake yourself. You tell yourself that they’re snakes and they deserve it. You think you’re just being tough and doing what you have to do.

Bottom line though, it takes a toll. If you’re a good person it takes a hell of a toll. It’s miserable. It’s horrible for your mental health. Best thing to do is get the hell out of there.
Did we work at the same place? 😊 I had the same experience, myself. In my case, a very toxic workplace and snake pit. It was a good paycheck, so I stayed and convinced myself I could handle it…be above it all. But the toll it took on my mental and physical health after 10 years was terrible. It wasn’t worth it…I finally had to walk away (after negotiating a severance payment). Took me a long time to recover from the damage that environment inflicted.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Choose between 3 days at £1300, or 5 days at £2100
Those prices are ridiculous. Why would people need to do a 1-1 course for those topics? A group sharing ideas would be much better. She says she will adapt to people's style and needs but she has not been very adaptable in the past. I doubt whether Marie's teaching ability is very high either for groups or individuals. In the UK, there are highly professional adult residential establishments offering various types of course, including all meals and accommodation for less. Who on earth is going to pay that without accommodation?

Reactions: 23
Looking at Dan at the chateau...the door to the maquiessappartment doesnt even close.. :eek: it has no lock but the door doesnt even close...wtf..That would be my first priority if i bought a house...and there is danger that the waterpipes will freeze....

Btw wouldnt it be better to install better locks on the outside doors..these old onces you can open with a crewdriver...:rolleyes: not that there is much of value to steal anyway..

And Madame and her ladies maid buggers off to SA...omg you couldnt make it up..

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I would not like to be Dan at the moment .... that bloody heating is playing up and although it went ok for now I can see it dumping water again all over the place.
There she is in SA (is she there yet?) in the warmth and leaves all the others in her damp crusty chateau freezing to death.
The worse thing is ..... that witch could put in a new state of the art heating with all the $$$ that flies into her hands! :devilish:
Did you notice that the Xmas trees are still up? Good! Everyone walking around the shitoo in their puffer jackets, completely ridiculous.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
And another thing (still ranting! 😆)…don’t forget that Michael told us in his last crying vlog he had to borrow €500 from Stephanie and needed to pay it back. But his brother can find €500,000 and spend it in 5 minutes. Why didn’t MPK borrow from Billy? Because Billy’s not stupid…he knows exactly where that money would go.

What a way to brag, Billy! Nothing low key or understated about your announcement, is there?

View attachment 985130
Very bad taste indeed.

Nouveau Riche, no class and no manners.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Welcome from me too! Your English is very good, and I'm glad you have found us. I joined in November 2021 and have read lots of the old threads but not all, you are correct you can't really read them all and stay up to date with the latest thread. Looking forward to seeing more comments from you.
Sparrow down-under in New Zealand
Thanks, yes, the threads are moving so fast. I can hardly catch up with the current ones. On some days I spent literally hours each morning to read what you all wrote while I was sleeping.
By the way, I LOVE New Zealand. We spent four holidays there, adding up to four months all together travelling both islands in a motorhome. Sigh, I'll never go there again in this life, but maybe I'll be reborn there in my next life. :)

Yes, and not least, I think Kathy is in for a surprise when she looks at the stats (y)
I really hope so! She deserves it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I will give her the benefit of the doubt for emptying the lake, as I think she was not in her right mind at the time. Still grieving for Daddy and alone at Shitoo. I also can't see any advantage for her to have done it either, so I think she did feel bullied into it.
But the recent fish lake emptying was just ridiculous as she should have thought I better check if I am allowed to do this after the lake fiasco
She was not alone at the chateau.

Mummy was not there though. Poooor little girl (40 something).

• Haha
  • Heart
Choose from these topics:

-the basics
-wedding floristry
-foraging
-large scale installations
-experimental design using fresh and dried flowers
Omg, I guess I am somewhat of a pervert, but I read this like an ad for a prostitute:
Spend time with Marie
Choose from
The basics-only missionary
Wedding- with a real virgin
Foraging - hooking up in bars
Large scale- gang bang
Experimental-use your imagination 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Frankly, I don't understand the hoopla this apron has caused. I think folks are reading too much into it. David is an Italian icon and I'm sure these aprons are in many Italian souvenir shops - they also have shorts I've been tempted to get for myself for fun or give as a gag gift.
Ky, I think you're right about the inside joke- Italian guys bringing a gag Italian gift to a friend who has a penchant for accentuating his tidbits.
View attachment 984274
I’ll start with the usual “I am no prude”. 😂🤪 However, this gift was planned to discomfort an immature, unsophisticated and deeply pretentious, effeminate man child. In mocking him they are, by extension, mocking her as well and I’d bet the farm she was seriously pissed off. I think they planned the whole thing for maximum impact and they were making some sort of private point as Curtis was with his plate placement. It was wrong, rude, disrespectful on so many fronts and tacky as a lure for subscribers.

However, the schadenfreude I felt with the highlighting of the vast gulf of life experience, education, sophistication of the Oxford Classics, Arts team of SJ, Oliver,NL, Pottsy and the relatively under-educated provincial Dutch boy was gratifying. 🙏🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Living for the comments on our new favourite Queen Kathy's video from When in France.... See there is widespread distrust for Don Jarvis, not just us 15 trolls. Sadly though, Kathy is taking a bit of beating from Don Jarvis's militia, some are deeply disgusted with her - heaven's to Betsy. It's all live, love and laughter though with their bayonets out.

I urge Kathy not to delete her nasty comments though - it's a reminder of the true consequences of SJ's actions.

@KiKiGee you may want to get yourself over into the comments there are some real gems that really highlight what's missing from the CD comments section - you won't be disappointed
went and had a look at she has changed the title, sad she felt she had too.
Was Ranting about Chateau Diaries, now Ranting about that Chateau
Capture.PNG

hmm I don't know, Filippo and Curtis also paused the cooking session to hand out the infamous apron? So it was chaos at usual, and Steve was just part of it. As a foodie: most terribly 🤨 I guess nobody really understood how to make a really good ragù! (e.g. as someone has already said: bay leaves?)
Well if someone had offered to take him to their rooms to freshen up etc he wouldn't have been in the way

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Are you freaking kidding me? This is disgusting! There are so many people in need and someone is offering to pay $500 towards $4K worth of cutlery and wants other to pitch in?
Stephanie can afford to buy this herself if she is so in luuuurve with it.
Or it could be Chateau Charlatans trying to get everyone to pitch in?
Words fail me! Let her buy it for herself! She is loaded! What's the matter with these fools! Like they've been brainwashed!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.