The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jilly Cooper is pure class ❤

Am I the only one in this forum that doesn’t think Stephanie aspires to be an aristo? Stephanie screams kitschy (lower-ish) middle class 🙉 honestly, her hodgepodge decorating is quite entertaining and a reason I watch CD.

Unless her aristo ambition is to be Barbara Cartland?
Love Jilly Cooper!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
People do like to vent their spleen, having been denied by Flip on the channel comments for so long.
He's becoming very Dalek like- delete, delete!
Don't throw shade on Daleks like that! (Love me some Dr Who) They exterminate not delete.
I spent a lot of time hiding behind the couch from the Daleks, I would not hide from Flip.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hi, I'm a longtime lurker, but didn't post yet. One day I will tell you why I was so fed up with SJ that I came here.
But for now I just wanted to show you this You Tube video that came up in my recommendations on YT from an ex-patreon ranting about SJ. It's inbetween the other ranting. She had just gotten a Thank You card by SJ though she had cancelled her patreon membership months ago.

That popped up on my YouTube feed, too. That woman should come here and vent!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
But every room? Remember orange formica kitchen counters? Harvest gold cabinets? Avocado appliances? The green is too much. Sell some cans for the love of God
I like the green in the Fleuries’ home. It works in their spaces (the many spaces it’s in🤣). I find it restful and understated. Now, if SSB had as much green everywhere, it would make her farmhouse feel even more stuffy and dark.
I am very pleased that my Mom has finally swapped out her love of 1990’s sea foam green for a light mint green!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Speaking of the Sewist Sara did anyone watch her vlog where she revealed her cocktail dress. Although her fabric colour was nice I thought the linen was too coarse as a cocktail dress. The choice of belt was in keeping with a more casual frock she may have said she didn’t have an appropriate belt don’t remember. I also did not think that the fabric choice was a good fit with the pattern as it did not seem to drape properly.
Tattlers with fashion industry backgrounds or experienced seamstresses wondering about your thoughts.
No matter how well made it may have been, it was butt ugly and didn’t suit Sara. I’ve only watched 3 of their vlogs and that one didn’t entice me to watch more.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
No matter how well made it may have been, it was butt ugly and didn’t suit Sara. I’ve only watched 3 of their vlogs and that one didn’t entice me to watch more.
It wasn’t made well but I hope she learned from it. I just ff through it and yes, what an odd selection for a belt. I don’t remember inviting her to the ranch for some winter steer roping and a hoe down. (No, a hoe down is not when MP falls).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Watching someone learn to sew is about as much fun as watching paint dry. On top of that, rather than making a sort of 'self belt' out of matching fabric, she chose to wear a belt that was meant for jeans and not a cocktail dress...it definitely didn't improve the outfit.

They're going to have to up their game if they want to remain viable online. His paintings look like what I and friends who went to art school were doing in high school. I think he might want to stick to graphic design as an income generator.

One thing I don't understand about Shrek is his beard. Can any man on here explain it to me? I noticed on one of his vlogs a man commented that he should grow his beard out in order to mask his double chin. As an owner of a double chin myself, if I were a man and had the ability to hide it with a beard, I would. I just don't get it. Why trim your stubble so that it uncovers your neck and draws attention to it?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Watching someone learn to sew is about as much fun as watching paint dry. On top of that, rather than making a sort of 'self belt' out of matching fabric, she chose to wear a belt that was meant for jeans and not a cocktail dress...it definitely didn't improve the outfit.

They're going to have to up their game if they want to remain viable online. His paintings look like what I and friends who went to art school were doing in high school. I think he might want to stick to graphic design as an income generator.

One thing I don't understand about Shrek is his beard. Can any man on here explain it to me? I noticed on one of his vlogs a man commented that he should grow his beard out in order to mask his double chin. As an owner of a double chin myself, if I were a man and had the ability to hide it with a beard, I would. I just don't get it. Why trim your stubble so that it uncovers your neck and draws attention to it?
It is an attempt to square the jaw but misguided

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I like the green in the Fleuries’ home. It works in their spaces (the many spaces it’s in🤣). I find it restful and understated. Now, if SSB had as much green everywhere, it would make her farmhouse feel even more stuffy and dark.
I am very pleased that my Mom has finally swapped out her love of 1990’s sea foam green for a light mint green!
The colour works at the Fleuries because, unlike the shitoo, their home has high ceilings and double height windows which let in considerable light.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I guess one can gleam from everyone‘s assessments is that you can have the desire to be a costumer but you need skills and dare I say you need style. You cannot learn that, you either have it or you don’t!

Reactions: 10
Hi, I'm a longtime lurker, but didn't post yet. One day I will tell you why I was so fed up with SJ that I came here.
But for now I just wanted to show you this You Tube video that came up in my recommendations on YT from an ex-patreon ranting about SJ. It's inbetween the other ranting. She had just gotten a Thank You card by SJ though she had cancelled her patreon membership months ago.

I LOVE this woman! It's a shame the rest of the cult members can't see it YET!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Stephanie’s cult thinks she is an aristocrat and a woman of breeding. They’ve received their training from the prestigious Steph Jarvis and Barbara Cartland University.

I think she’s more of the aristocrat joke that comedians tell each other. Do not look this up. I mean it.

I find it unforgivable that a farmer calls herself a chaterlaine.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Hear, hear! This is like offering an opportunity to regress your talent. I have two water colors from a 12 year old that are magical (like Brussel sprouts) and more refined to my eye than Shrek’s. If you vibe with an art form do it I’m not suggesting that one should only show excellent work. But for a workshop, I think you want to level up.

Sarah may want to stick with IT. They have a mortgage and I get the feeling she’s the breadwinner. Pursue creative projects on the side, learn to sew properly, iron as you go, clip those threads and try easy patterns first. I started sewing and playing the piano in third grade, they are still just hobbies, I’m no expert!
Will await the analysis about Shrek’s beard trimming approach from any bearded gents or ladies.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Quilting Fanatic
18 hours ago
I’m not sure I’d be happy to send Stephanie something I thought she’d like and watch her re-gift as soon as she opened it. 🤨

Oh tick Tock 💣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Hello everyone.

Yet another lurker who has decided to sign up and say hi. I'm afraid I have no inside gossip to entertain you all with, but I've been watching the Chateauverse since about March/April 2020. I did love it as many of you have said. But when my daughter started saying "You're not watching that bloody 'Mummy Girl' again are you. She's the most annoying person on YouTube!"

From a very early stage I decided she has way too much money to ever be a patron of here. I watch others who have almost no money and are following a dream, but have only a very small amount of patron support. THEY are the ones who we should be helping, not some rich wannabe princess who has stated illusions of being a modern entitled chateaulaine. She's not reading the global room very well atm. If Boris is close to being fired for his parties, well - Stephanie should get some empathy.

Anyway - thanks for all your posts. Been keeping me entertained the past few weeks! Lovely to join the dark (right) side!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I don't think so because I'm pretty sure Dan was driving her car on his last VLOG, just for a little bit of it and then he was back in his own van. Oh sorry, its not her car, its the chateau's. I can't remember who actually bought it for the chateau, Nic or Potts?
Definitely not SJ's car, hers has 4 doors...that was Mrs Dan's compact. Nic did buy the little Ford she drives.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.