The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That whole revelation was so teenager-y! What 48 yr old refers to their partner as a boyfriend? So juvenile! I know hes young, but wouldnt it be more elegant to call him her partner, or say “we are in a relationship”?
It’s all simply revolting. HE is revolting- so gross

Reactions: 17
I don't know why most of you think Phyllis is a one-dimensional blowhard. In tonight's gag, he uttered Be-ewe-ttiful 19 times !!
(yes, i know, I need one of arfarf's pies.... and a life!). But, interspersed with that is:
Wow!
That's darling! (new and affected)
Nice!
Stunning!
Lovely!
Oh !
Ohh!
Oooh! Indicating that he is not a 'one-way monkey' (Is THAT what Selmar said 98 threads ago?)

The collective remainder of grifters also used " Boootttiful" 19 times (spooky, possums).
But of interest was Potts reaction at around the 5 minute mark. The door creaks open, and philly enters, Potts glances with, not quite derision or contempt, but disinterest. Actually, greetings and smiles from no-one (Fanny was deep into one of those useless journals already stuffed full of fire starters, leaving no room to journal anything) .

Actually, I do like Marie, (and Antoine) which, i am sure, will just make her year 😁.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I’ve seen very bad homeless situations in LA, San Diego, and San Francisco. Once people get that far down it’s really hard to get back to any kind of normal. They also have a lot of issues. Drug addition, mental illness, alcohol problems, physical disabilities. It takes a lot of assistance to get out of it. We need a better way In the US.
Vienna has been the first city to eradicate homelessness with affordable housing. In Finland, they have been able to nearly eradicate homelessness and many other countries are adopting the same model. They are using a model called 'housing first' with no preconditions (i.e. must be drug free or employed) vs. temporary shelters where people are kicked out in the morning. Therapy/medical services are in the buildings, tenants get the help they need followed by job or life skills training and a place they can call their own. Salt Lake City and Columbus Ohio have had very positive results using the 'housing first' model and it would be a wonderful thing to see rolled out across the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Dear Mummy is a Big old Claw Gift Grabber too !
So is Squirrel ...... I would Love to see those two together at a Gift Grab when the "good stuff" comes out of a box ..... claws away!!!

While on the Gift Grab ..... OMG I just hate it when Fanny HAS to read out all the letters to her !!! So flipping Boring !!!!!!!!!!
Aha! The sekrit of SJ's attraction to Camelpants: We all marry our mothers.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
(Fanny was deep into one of those useless journals already stuffed full of fire starters, leaving no room to journal anything) .
Bahahahaha! I love your description of the junk journals! I was thinking to myself "what the hell are they going to do with that tit?"
Someone even made cozies for travel tissues! WTF!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time and effort that was made, but why go through the trouble just to send it off to a group of (mostly) ungrateful dipshits?
Actually, I do like Marie, (and Antoine) which, i am sure, will just make her year 😁.
Same.

Reactions: 23
Phyllis is a one-dimensional blowhard. In tonight's gag, he uttered Be-ewe-ttiful 19 times !!
If you did a drinking game with that word ...... you will end up at AA meeting instead of reading Tattle !!! 🍾🐿

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I don't know why most of you think Phyllis is a one-dimensional blowhard. In tonight's gag, he uttered Be-ewe-ttiful 19 times !!
(yes, i know, I need one of arfarf's pies.... and a life!). But, interspersed with that is:
Wow!
That's darling! (new and affected)
Nice!
Stunning!
Lovely!
Oh !
Ohh!
Oooh! Indicating that he is not a 'one-way monkey' (Is THAT what Selmar said 98 threads ago?)

The collective remainder of grifters also used " Boootttiful" 19 times (spooky, possums).
But of interest was Potts reaction at around the 5 minute mark. The door creaks open, and philly enters, Potts glances with, not quite derision or contempt, but disinterest. Actually, greetings and smiles from no-one (Fanny was deep into one of those useless journals already stuffed full of fire starters, leaving no room to journal anything) .

Potts was the author of the best response to PJ evar, for which I will forgive him 17% of his sins. At the 2020 New Year's party, where PJ showed up in the black lace t shirt, he said something to Potts insinuating he was now the lord of her domain, and Potts gave him the best snotty no-eye-contact smirk and kiss off I've ever seen. Bullingdon Club worthy. What a thrill. Next we knew, PJ was asking Potts to teach him how to bake bread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Same with Mr. McFly, he's a smart man and can really make me laugh! :)
My husband delights me with just the strangest things:

Sweeping up dust bunnies and calling me in to introduce them by name.
Taking an inflatable swimming pool to a NASCAR race so he can sit in it on the campground and drink beer.
Sprinkling our neighbors with a hose hiding behind a fence to make them think it’s raining.
Stealing the antenna off his buddy’s car to make them think the radio doesn’t work. Three times.
Having conversations with our dogs before he goes out of town so as to explain where he’s going and when he’ll be home. He also gives them jobs to do while he is gone. He’s dead serious.
I told him once I didn’t like that he came home and didn’t say hello, so when he comes home he yells Bubba, Bubba, I’m home!!! (We’re going on ten years of this now).
My current favorite. He broke both of his ankles in the last few years and loves to buy shoes. After he gets the shoes he puts them on and lays in bed with them on to “try them out”. He does this while only wearing his boxers. I’ve walked in the bedroom to find him in bed in his underwear with work boots on, tennis shoes, dress shoes, and boat shoes.

I die.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I stopped watching them when Edd was repeatedly awful to her on camera. Apparently that's evolved?
Wrong Anna they were talking about Anna from How to renovate your Chateau.
Not Ed's Anna from La gorce. Ed is getting better and not being so mean to her on camera. I like to think it's because of me(I know it's not). But I was one of many, who told him to stop doing it, as she may think it's funny now but will wear thin soon, as it already had with his viewers.

• Heart
Potts was the author of the best response to PJ evar, for which I will forgive him 17% of his sins. At the 2020 New Year's party, where PJ showed up in the black lace t shirt, he said something to Potts insinuating he was now the lord of her domain, and Potts gave him the best snotty no-eye-contact smirk and kiss off I've ever seen. Bullingdon Club worthy. What a thrill. Next we knew, PJ was asking Potts to teach him how to bake bread.
He’s just gross, gross

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Bahahahaha! I love your description of the junk journals! I was thinking to myself "what the hell are they going to do with that tit?"
Someone even made cozies for travel tissues! WTF!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time and effort that was made, but why go through the trouble just to send it off to a group of (mostly) ungrateful dipshits?

Same.
It puzzles me as well as to why people waste money on sending junk to a bunch of entitled twats in a farmhouse. I'd think it would be more fulfilling to make blankets for premature babies or hats or mittens for children or adults in need. I only hope that these people are also altruistic to the most unfortunate among us.

My husband delights me with just the strangest things:

Sweeping up dust bunnies and calling me in to introduce them by name.
Taking an inflatable swimming pool to a NASCAR race so he can sit in it on the campground and drink beer.
Sprinkling our neighbors with a hose hiding behind a fence to make them think it’s raining.
Stealing the antenna off his buddy’s car to make them think the radio doesn’t work. Three times.
Having conversations with our dogs before he goes out of town so as to explain where he’s going and when he’ll be home. He also gives them jobs to do while he is gone. He’s dead serious.
I told him once I didn’t like that he came home and didn’t say hello, so when he comes home he yells Bubba, Bubba, I’m home!!! (We’re going on ten years of this now).
My current favorite. He broke both of his ankles in the last few years and loves to buy shoes. After he gets the shoes he puts them on and lays in bed with them on to “try them out”. He does this while only wearing his boxers. I’ve walked in the bedroom to find him in bed in his underwear with work boots on, tennis shoes, dress shoes, and boat shoes.

I die.
I love that he gives the dogs chores and tells them where he's going...I think you have a keeper there.☺

That is a curiously specific percentage of forgiveness that you're offering up. Now I'm going to have to have a look at what prompted it..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
It puzzles me as well as to why people waste money on sending junk to a bunch of entitled twats in a farmhouse. I'd think it would be more fulfilling to make blankets for premature babies or hats or mittens for children or adults in need. I only hope that these people are also altruistic to the most unfortunate among us.

I love that he gives the dogs chores and tells them where he's going...I think you have a keeper there.☺

That is a curiously specific percentage of forgiveness that you're offering up. Now I'm going to have to have a look at what prompted it..
Post a link if you find it. I was looking a NYE last year and he wasn't wearing the black lace thing ....

Reactions: 9
I couldn't even FF through gift grab, it's just become too tedious.
I finally unsubscribed after reading others have. I hadn't been watching it, so I thought why still "support" her with being subscribed.

Reactions: 16
Where do you all think the cock and the crow are right now???
Did the fly off to Paris before heading to SA?
Or are they staying in her London dump before heading to SA??
Maybe ol' Snorty camel toe will have to "miss the flight" to SA and stay in London with Bubble girl in tow??
You know....in case his big, high school production commences. That thar is a big acting break that may open many cellar doors for him! Down there he can get to the "root" of his problems from his scalp to his nose!
( I figured ol Phyllis And his alias @ little dum puppy love crap would appreciate my 8th grade play on words.
Hairs to you, Snorts.
Protect that nut! Sharks in SA. Nosh! Nosh!
I'm curious where they are too. Did they fly to London and figure that coming and going from London was going to make leaving and returning easier back into France? I don't know enough about these things, but I'm suspicious it is something like that. They would likely be meeting up with Gerry some place any way and flying together ... so my guess is they went to London ....

I know- I’m sorry about this but I just cannot anymore😂
You are in a safe place now! Take a nice big cleansing breath.... that's good .... in ..... and .... out .... release all the snot that has accumulate in your brain from listening to Snorts. Set your heart free to laugh with your fellow Tartlets. There you go. You're going to be alright. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
That whole revelation was so teenager-y! What 48 yr old refers to their partner as a boyfriend? So juvenile! I know hes young, but wouldn't it be more elegant to call him her partner, or say “we are in a relationship”?
At lease she spared us pretentious prose about courting or "pursuing each other's affections."

• Haha
  • Sick
At lease she spared us pretentious prose about courting or "pursuing each other's affections."
I wonder if calling him her "boyfriend" is part and parcel of keeping him in his place? Like filming him as her lady's maid, curling her hair, at her desk, just before her Zoom meeting with the very fancy French speaking society (which as I recall gives grants and is full of rich people) of New York? Massive dis.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.