The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The atmosphere definitely changed once Philip arrived. I firmly believe Squirrelbaby is a con artist! He's a fraud and as fake as they come. He's playing a confidence trick & SJ is his Mark! He is playing on her vanity, narracissim and irresponsibiity. He's targeted a lonely, vain, mid-aged, pre-menopausal woman and .knows exactly what he's doing.
agree! in the Escape to the Chateau DIY - the one where they were outed - you could really see his attempt at manipulation of her, successful or not, about the chairs. That's what convinced me he's a con artist.

Reactions: 28
You have brought up some very real and unpleasant qualities about Snorts. He could be the type of psycho that slowly poisons his victims or gets them hooked on drugs so that he can get complete control of everything. His mom could even be in on the scheme. Someone definitely needs to be writing a least one novel based on the comings and goings of the chateau. If I knew how to write a murder mystery, I would. There is so much material here. I need to channel my inner Agatha Christie.
I think he was a weird little boy that grew up into a weird little man. I remember his first appearance well. He strolls into the gift grab straight from the car. He plops down and puts on a tiara. He might as well have hiked his leg and pissed on Stephanie. He was marking territory minute one.
Snorts has love-bombled SJ. He's pushed some aside the weaker ones (Marie, Selmar, Michael P). He tried to befriend Gerry, Cat & Isabelle and has taken advantage of the opportunity that none of them has been at the shittoo much during Covid. He's been able to isolate SJ and establish his position. (ex: using Isabelle's china). I think he'd be happy to replace Natti and he's now bringing his friends into the mix (Maiike & her mother). Watch Snorts turn on the charm with Isabelle when they are in SA, because he knows IJ is the one person who will readily express her displeasure in her daughter.

With all this 'WE' talk, he's tried to lord it over others (Dan, Ian, Matt) and they've just ignored him as the little boy he is, but they aren't key people in Stephanmeme's universe and are just contracted builders.

Maybe I'm just too suspicious . Individually each action looks quite benign until you start to add it all up.

So, Amaury & Nati together is a problem for him? I remember clearly how he was one of the few (only one?) not helping at all during the cleanup of the future workshop. Was that because he realized how much SJ needs Amaury to make her panelling dream come true..maybe more than she needs him?
Amuary is a problem for Snorts, unless ofcourse Amuary & Natti head off to greener pastures. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in 2022.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I can also pull up thousands of comments that aren't like this one. I find it really interesting that she has so many that dislike her and so many that love her. She has gained 181 patrons since her fall on the 2nd - 5 freakin' days. I'm still waiting for the fall but wondering how long it is going to be.
We all are and it's frustrating that it's taking so long while her faults and schemes are so obvious to all of us. I comfort myself often with the knowledge that what went up must come down again and I do feel she's nearing a breaking point. She already has so much more than she needs and/or can handle and with every patron she gains it will become more obvious that this woman does not need any more financial support. She's sure is in dire need of mental support and that is the other bright spot on our horizon: her mental lability will eventually cause a huge fall out with everything she holds dear. It's not just going to be a short visit to the hospital next time, she knows this yet can't help herself. There's others that should, but as they think they are benefitting from her shenanigans, nobody even tries anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
Snorts has love-bombled SJ. He's pushed some aside the weaker ones (Marie, Selmar, Michael P). He tried to befriend Gerry, Cat & Isabelle and has taken advantage of the opportunity that none of them has been at the shittoo much during Covid. He's been able to isolate SJ and establish his position. (ex: using Isabelle's china). I think he'd be happy to replace Natti and he's now bringing his friends into the mix (Maiike & her mother). Watch Snorts turn on the charm with Isabelle when they are in SA, because he knows IJ is the one person who will readily express her displeasure in her daughter.

With all this 'WE' talk, he's tried to lord it over others (Dan, Ian, Matt) and they've just ignored him as the little boy he is, but they aren't key people in Stephanmeme's universe and are just contracted builders.

Maybe I'm just too suspicious . Individually each action looks quite benign until you start to add it all up.
I so agree ...... I cannot wait to see the Oscar Award Winning acting he will NEED to do with old Mummy and I bet he will try to get Percy to like him ALOT so he can help him with Mummy when she starts on her War Path .... and she will !!!
I used to like to watch him egg on Fanny in the Op shops.... oh yes its Beautiful you must buy it .... look Steph you must buy this too etc, etc.
That Spode Fleur de Lis china is Mummy's very favourite porcelain and only she uses it ... that is why its in her apartment !!!
I can bet she nearly had a stroke when she saw him using it !!!!
War Path .... more like a War Highway she will be on when she sees him in SA !!!
Mummy might just put a Black Mambo snake in his room.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Speaking of BJJ his con, cunning and influence on the chatelaine. When they split in March (wishin’ &. hopin’ & thinkin’ & praying’), what will the story be? I wonder if Tattle will be blamed for bullying him out. This could backfire though as it will draw more readers here. What scenarios do you think she will use? The outpouring of grief from the Superfans could be extreme.
Her go-to strategy for things like this is a short statement: we’re just too different. it has been very painful, but amicable. There might be a moody picture on her instagram account to accompany the message.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
It may be covered by Squirrelbaby returning to school, whether he actually goes back or not. Although the school isn’t but going to let him defer his final year indefinitely.
I think we need a 'Clara' from Maastrict to come to Tattle and finally expose PJ's back story, I am certain it will be hair raising.

Reactions: 35
New thread 🧵 name suggestion:
-“When she dresses up, she looks like a hooker”
Not just when she dresses up. When she looks into her heart of hearts, all she can admit to is that she IS that hooker. She has literally sold out all she has ever had going for her, for some toile de jouy and ugly china.

Do you think either of them but especially Nick, would ask her to buy him out?
Nope. Potty is still head over heals and will never give up his chance to stay connected to whatever she is plotting. He loves the intrige and will fuel all wildfires she is causing with the most most flammable fuel Larkin knows he will never be her true hero, but has settled for being her conscience. Even though she usually ignores his advise and paints him to be this nerdy fool, lovable but not worthy enough to ever truly validate. SJ used to have her mind set on ending up with him when she gets really old, not him as a lover, but as her provider. Now that she has something to spend herself, there's no real future for their relationship anymore, but hey, a guy can dream, right? And I am sure SJ thinks this guy should. At least in his eyes she will always be the stars AND the moon.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Let me point out once again that we must not consider Larkin and Potty to be co-owners. Did they pay for her nightmarish scenario of living a loud and not so proud life of extravagant tit? Sure. Did they pay to keep their wet dreams from when they were younger alive? They sure did. Did their contributions award them some fancy titles in her fantasy kingdom? Oh yes, and the unfounded prestige that goes with it in the eyes of her minions. But in reality they have ZERO say in what goes and goes not at her HMN. I for one think they are happy about that too, not to be involved as much as in the old days, I mean. The only thing they are truly worried about is how to legally explain their connection once the tax tit starts hitting her fan. It might not happen this year (although the tension around the subject tells me sweet stories of surprise sooner rather than later) as these things take time and the authorities often wait a considerable period of time collecting evidence, but it will happen. F**king up good things is SJ's most well known trait. Might be best when that happens for the boys to stay as far away as possible.
I think if I was Larkin I would just walk away from it. They don't go very often now and I'd rather have a holiday somewhere other than the middle of nowhere. Once you have a family you kind of get over the silly parties with slutty costumes. Maybe he was trying to get Fanny to buy him out and that was their recent argument?

Reactions: 19
European - 4 ° are much colder than Canadian! I believe because of the golf stream and/or mistral 😊👆
Too funny! As it’s a raging storm here just now…”only” minus five, with raging gusts of 101 km/hr…makes it minus fifteen, but with a very strong Atlantic wind you absolutely wouldn’t be standing out in…NOT an unusual occurrence. “Wind chill” is what we call it here…had a good chuckle when Sadie was “freezing” wearing her puffy coat, and showed the frozen ground…I guess it‘s what you’re used to, eh, @Maple fairy? How are you faring over the bridge?

It won't last long anyway. No doubt they will have a fire when the rats or hedgehogs chew through the wiring. The vermin will have a field day.

The dog demographic! I forgot about the Trickywoo brigade.

On this I agree, at first I thought he was doing well repurposing the wood burner, but he seriously needs to sort out that.
Absolutely love some of the quotables on here…”Trickywoo Brigade,” gold, my friends…gold!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Maybe he was trying to get Fanny to buy him out and that was their recent argument?
No, he does not want that at all. I'm sure he's hoping things will calm down a bit eventually as he hates for his current family to be in the eye of the storm every time they visit, but he will not give up his share in the HMN. The argument was about Squirrel Camelpants and something he had did or did not. Not sure yet, but am on it and will report if new info surfaces.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Awesome news SJ has sooooo many new providers. The more money that is involved, the more scrutiny she will be under. Phil's will not know how to appease her. Besides, now maybe she can take my name off the credits while she is in the process of adding on the new members.
Meanwhile...it's announced my good name will be on a piece of paneling?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please God, No.
I gave this harlot dating a child a bit of money to bring back her lake, and this is what happens.
Serves me right.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Marie W clearly is exhausted by having had to do some actual work which was primarily making Christmas "reets" and painting her flat and studio which she managed to get either free of charge or very cheaply. She is clearly no longer happy in Haworth, which she had said she loved, or with her studio. She had lots of help and kindness from her two friends there. So, what has happened? Either the locals who put up with it for a while, got fed up with her camera being pointed at them and their shops all the time, or she realised she'd have to stop filming the high street ad infinitum, or maybe she's heard that she needs to register her business properly and pay rent, tax and insurance. I suspect the business she was running from that place was not legal and it all goes back to her never having had a business plan and never considering what she had to do to start a proper business legally. Maybe she will stay in Norway but I doubt if she will ever manage to stand on her own two feet and earn a living or run a business successfully and legally. If all she wants to do is Instagram, it's disgusting that she managed to beg for a free vehicle for no good reason. She now expects everything to be handed to her on a plate and free of charge!
That's so true. She's been treated like Stephanie's child, constantly being highly praised for what is merely a bunch of weeds stuck in vase. My dog could do that! Reality has hit home! You have to do things for yourself in life, and it ain't easy! Wake up call Marie, life is tough !

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The Canadian cold was very cold, I was glad that I got back to Europe with my a** in one piece.
I dunno. I’ve been in Winnepeg a couple times in the winter and it was -40. I froze my ass off in a full length mink.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I dunno. I’ve been in Winnepeg a couple times in the winter and it was -40. I froze my ass off in a full length mink.
Yes, there’s -5 cold with windchill (we’re warmer on the coasts) and then there’s much of Canada that experiences “real cold,” -20–45 and more. Biting cold that you spend no time out in. The run-from-work-to-home, plug-your-car-into-a- box-heater, slices- though-your-bones cold I grew up with…no joke.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Couldn’t have said it better myself. FRK is an embarrassment to herself. Even outsiders can see the help she has been given. She’s barely unpacked before she’s having a whinge and talking about moving on.

What a kick in the teets for everyone in Haworth who have generously given time snd support.

Disgraceful behaviour FRK - when you going to put something IN instead of taking OUT all the time ?
Well Haworth is another place in the middle of nowhere! What did she expect! Can't live ur life poncing off others. Ohe yes sorry..She's watched someone else do that! But she's lacking talent, and personality!

How long before it's trashed?

Reactions: 16
I thought Marie got into floristry because a psychic told her. Correct me if I am wrong. Maybe her restlessness is because she is trying to fulfill a prophecy.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Would you like to meet up together in November at Manor and Maker to write a novel in a month? I’m a hobbyist writer. Maybe a romance with a twist novel. I mean if Ruth’s can do it we can. A nice little expose ready for publication for when the end happens. Working title “To Catch A Thief.”
Could be fun! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Watched Fleuries patreon....I don't watch them much.
So guys....it is like 12°F where I am at today. The cats water froze in their dish in the cat house in which we have a heater and a wood burning fireplace....
So how is it that SJ was walking around outside without a coat on her last video and the Fleuries want to do work and planting in their garden now?
Is it not cold in France in winter???
I mean there will be NOTHING planted here until April.
Once again, France is a big country with several climates: continental (cold winter, hot summer), Mediterranean and Oceanic (less differences between seasons).
You can not speak of one winter in France.
Normandie (Fleuries) is not known for its cold winters.
Berry neither even if it can be quite cold and damp (the worse cold IMO).
Anyway, with global warming everything has changed and winters now are much milder than they were in my childhood.

Reactions: 22
Wasn’t BJJ emailing SJ before he arrived? I thought she approved all volunteers.
Wasn’t BJJ emailing SJ before he arrived? I thought she approved all volunteers.
She approves volunteers, but she doesn’t appear to vet them or reference check them. Her key criteria is they are free/cheap labour and suck up to her!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.