The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maria Houlihan
11 hours ago
... I love how you show so much gratitude not only to your patrons, the viewers on Youtube, your salaried staff and the wonderful volunteers. I am VERY invested in the Chateau Diaries. Its kept me going through a lone lockdown and during my several chronic illnesses. My dog, Betsy, and I have spent hours sitting watching
Poor Betsy. If she had any sense she would run faster than a French dog on hearing the first note of the Chateau Diaries intro. By the time "Hi I;m Stephanie and this is my home...is announced, Betsy should be relaxing in her basket in another room with a bone. Where is the RSPCA when you need them?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Just clicked on an old CD video while on youtube. Does anyone remember Lynn the older American lady who did lots of cooking? She was fun. And David going for his bike rides, Marie when she was happy... Oh it was fun before patreon. Shame Fanny spoiled it by getting too greedy.
I recall an earlier CD video when SJ still had to get in her car and drive out to upload her videos. One night swhile sitting out in her car another car came along the road filled with Natti, Cat and Marie who were returning from a night out. Everyone was laughing and having fun and there seemed to be genuine camaraderie. I thought - Girl Power - isn't that wonderful! Sadly, those days are long gone at the shitoo.

I truly believe, 'The Day Squirrelbaby Arrived is the Day the Shitoo Died!'

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Can we call BJJ/Snorts/Camelpants.... can we just call him: Sir Cameltoe? I think it's befitting of his "station" mais non? 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Dick and Angel did this just before COVID hit. All the events they advertised were sold out. I went to the one in Manchester, it was a fun entertaining, informative evening. Tickets were £29 each. Would I spend that to listen to Marie? No.
I'll content myself with going to gardener Carol Kleins talk in April at Storyhouse in Chester. Tickets £25. If I was near Shipley I might go as I'm a bit fascinated with Marie, only discovered her last week, along with la la land. It's a weird set up

Reactions: 6
Okay I'm going to blame Brenda for starting this gift :poop:. She sent so much stuff in the early days was really over the top. Do we put Brenda in the lonely box, that then turned crazy and controlling or was she crazy first?
I think Brenda's gifts gave others the idea of sending things and Fanny lapped it up like a greedy wee pig. I think I would be to ashamed to open gifts on camera from strangers, but not our Fanny.
Do you think the commercial gifts were brokered deals by Fanny (100 Star robes, special gins etc) or just sent by the companies in the hope of free ads?
Brenda's gifts were VERY over the top, as were Hanni's. Cheese on toast, I don't even order my own mum F&M hampers (she gets a bunch of random stuff from Pottery Barn from me, which goes with her Christmas-hosting theme of the year- this year was a entrance hall rug, a marble cheeseboard set, some themed towels for the loo, and some random holiday serving plates. My MIL is easy- I just order some really cool art-glass for her- which I wanted to keep for myself and order her something else when I saw it.) I can't even imagine sending some strange person I saw on the internet something nicer than I'd buy for my mum or my MIL. I did almost buy Selmar a DeWalt drill (because I felt sorry for him last year- he was working with some Fisher-Price tools), but then I saw Fanny's greed and said, "Why is she not buying better tools with all her Patron money?!?"

• Heart
Reactions: 32
A visible shift happened with Marie and also with Selmar soon after Philip appeared on the scene. In retrospect, one could surmise they each, within their different roles at the chateau, felt that this useless and lazy newcomer was rewarded financially and elevated unfairly for contributing not much more than being a weird, joyless companion. I can imagine what a slap in the face that was. Morale sapping for sure. And now it seems that the co owners are unable to ‘uncircle the drain’ as they have stepped in too late.
The atmosphere definitely changed once Philip arrived. I firmly believe Squirrelbaby is a con artist! He's a fraud and as fake as they come. He's playing a confidence trick & SJ is his Mark! He is playing on her vanity, narracissim and irresponsibiity. He's targeted a lonely, vain, mid-aged, pre-menopausal woman and .knows exactly what he's doing.

Time to wake up - if her family & friends care about SJ at all, they need to step up, talk some sense into her and toss Squirrelbaby to the kerb!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
A visible shift happened with Marie and also with Selmar soon after Philip appeared on the scene. In retrospect, one could surmise they each, within their different roles at the chateau, felt that this useless and lazy newcomer was rewarded financially and elevated unfairly for contributing not much more than being a weird, joyless companion. I can imagine what a slap in the face that was. Morale sapping for sure. And now it seems that the co owners are unable to ‘uncircle the drain’ as they have stepped in too late.
Yes Philip it was a real slap in the face for Marie especially. She was working damn hard in the kitchen as well being charged rent for her flower space I think. Philip was editing and bed warming and being paid for it. The story of Marie putting Philip up to kissing Fanny, I think Marie thought it would be the end of Philip and he would get his marching orders, but it backfired on her big time. Philip replaced her in Fanny's affections, that would hurt.

I'll content myself with going to gardener Carol Kleins talk in April at Storyhouse in Chester. Tickets £25. If I was near Shipley I might go as I'm a bit fascinated with Marie, only discovered her last week, along with la la land. It's a weird set up
Taking one for the Team Tattle. Report back to us if you go.

Reactions: 29
Yes Philip it was a real slap in the face for Marie especially. She was working damn hard in the kitchen as well being charged rent for her flower space I think. Philip was editing and bed warming and being paid for it. The story of Marie putting Philip up to kissing Fanny, I think Marie thought it would be the end of Philip and he would get his marching orders, but it backfired on her big time. Philip replaced her in Fanny's affections, that would hurt.
When Marie first arrived to the Shitoo, she was giving her "Goddess retreats", and then everyone went away, Fanny was left alone with Marie, and suddenly, they were BFF (as they were the only people left at the Shitoo.) Eventually, Marie went away, came back like a bad penny, suddenly more volunteers appeared, COVID happened and then BJJ appeared. The whole change in dynamic happened before even BJJ made his camel toed appearance at the Shitoo. Fanny found newer shiny playthings, Marie was replaced with the likes of Hanni, Cat, and Natti, who hung on her every word, and Marie was reduced to being the scullery maid and cook (chicken in brown sauce? Check. Marie was at the point of not having two forks to give even before BJJ arrived on scene- but his appearance amplified it all.) It is interesting to watch the old videos, and see how things changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
In the live chat, there are the usual suspects, and none of them are young, except baby PhiPhi!

In the comments section of YT I've read the likes of this:
Maria Houlihan
11 hours ago
... I love how you show so much gratitude not only to your patrons, the viewers on Youtube, your salaried staff and the wonderful volunteers. I am VERY invested in the Chateau Diaries. Its kept me going through a lone lockdown and during my several chronic illnesses. My dog, Betsy, and I have spent hours sitting watching
I can also pull up thousands of comments that aren't like this one. I find it really interesting that she has so many that dislike her and so many that love her. She has gained 181 patrons since her fall on the 2nd - 5 freakin' days. I'm still waiting for the fall but wondering how long it is going to be.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
This is also why when Marie finally got the "cajones" to leave the Shitoo (oh vey, we had to watch the disaster of her becoming a vagabond, her step-mum in the UK pretty much telling her to get her crap out of the house, her foray into floral school in "Barth", har failed dog-sitting/house sitting- one of the dogs ran away, and was luckily later found, and Nikki taking pity upon her and taking her under her wing in Haworth- seriously, Nikki, you ARE a saint!) Instead of Marie being "greatful", she just acts entitled. Girl, if you are reading this, as I suspect you are, get your togs together and thank Nikki for saving you! Haworth is not the most exciting place, but at least you have people who actually CARE about you there, and want to help you succeed in life.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Speaking of BJJ his con, cunning and influence on the chatelaine. When they split in March (wishin’ &. hopin’ & thinkin’ & praying’), what will the story be? I wonder if Tattle will be blamed for bullying him out. This could backfire though as it will draw more readers here. What scenarios do you think she will use? The outpouring of grief from the Superfans could be extreme.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I can also pull up thousands of comments that aren't like this one. I find it really interesting that she has so many that dislike her and so many that love her. She has gained 181 patrons since her fall on the 2nd - 5 freakin' days. I'm still waiting for the fall but wondering how long it is going to be.
Maybe we all ought to go on a live at the same time and ask the tough questions. Or make the observations and see if she answers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Dick and Angel did this just before COVID hit. All the events they advertised were sold out. I went to the one in Manchester, it was a fun entertaining, informative evening. Tickets were £29 each. Would I spend that to listen to Marie? No.
I literally cannot stand those people. Just nasty nasty greedy folks. Cut from the same cloth as miss greedy pants. Cannot stand any of them ugh. Ewm yuck. Icky.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Perhaps Marie could hook up with Selmar and the elf Tatti since they are all unicorns and looking for other people to pay for their dreams. She could make flower crowns like they did for the midsummer’s night dream party and sell them to go with Tatti’s costumes.
Maybe Marie’s mother asked her to take her stuff because the family was moving back to Norway. After all she is a 30 year old adult capable (in theory) of looking after her things. I thought Her mother seemed caring on camera. When Marie turned 30 her mother sent her gifts and a loving letter that Marie read out loud through tears. I don’t see the ogre but maybe I missed something. I had not heard that she was a self harmer this just solidifies the fact that she needs help beyond the capabilities of her friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
Okay I'm going to blame Brenda for starting this gift :poop:. She sent so much stuff in the early days was really over the top. Do we put Brenda in the lonely box, that then turned crazy and controlling or was she crazy first?
I think Brenda's gifts gave others the idea of sending things and Fanny lapped it up like a greedy wee pig. I think I would be to ashamed to open gifts on camera from strangers, but not our Fanny.
Do you think the commercial gifts were brokered deals by Fanny (100 Star robes, special gins etc) or just sent by the companies in the hope of free ads?
I think they were sent as 'gifts' for free advertising. This is such a huge thing now on IG and YT for "influencers" (I just hate that term). Artists I used to follow on IG began pushing products more than their own work that I stopped following them, same with some people I used to subscribe to on YT. I wouldn't be surprised if she now goes fishing for products or has that do-nothing Snorts make inquiries. I doubt if any really high end company would have her tout their wares. I haven't seen any Hermes or Louis Vuitton products coming through the GAG vlogs, but then again I don't watch them, but I'm sure I would have heard about it here. I'm not a huge fan of Nicki from Positano but at least she's made it very clear to her viewers that she does not want gifts so please don't send them.

Reactions: 27
The atmosphere definitely changed once Philip arrived. I firmly believe Squirrelbaby is a con artist! He's a fraud and as fake as they come. He's playing a confidence trick & SJ is his Mark! He is playing on her vanity, narracissim and irresponsibiity. He's targeted a lonely, vain, mid-aged, pre-menopausal woman and .knows exactly what he's doing.

Time to wake up - if her family & friends care about SJ at all, they need to step up, talk some sense into her and toss Squirrelbaby to the kerb!
I agree with you, but I also think we need to give SJ more credit. She knows what’s up with Squirrel. She’s taking advantage of him as much (or more) as he’s using her. She’s older, wiser, and been around the block. We’re just watching two users feed off of each other. She’ll kick him to the curb when she’s tired of him…and he’ll get the short end of the stick. She’ll still have the chateau, the channel, and Patreon. He’ll have nothing but memories, and a crappy channel about table settings (with no chateau to set tables!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Perhaps Marie could hook up with Selmar and the elf Tatti since they are all unicorns and looking for other people to pay for their dreams. She could make flower crowns like did for the midsummer’s night dream party and sell them to go with Tatti’s costumes.
Somehow I don't think our little flower child likes Selmar or Tatti as they don't really have anything to offer her, or anybody else for that matter. Floral Marie is very passive aggressive, and I get the feeling she doesn't really like people in general. All that "Hello lovelies" is a bunch of crap, it's condescending. Marie wants a life that is out of her reach and unrealistic. I couldn't believe she went to Norway before the holiday shopping period was over. She could have sold a lot more wreaths, garlands and bouquets if she would have stuck around. My family was in the retail business forever and we never ever took any time off during the holidays, it would have been considered suicidal. She is so completely clueless as to how to run a business. It's like many here have said, she needs to accept her limitations and stop running from one damn thing to the next. Her best bet is to find a husband who has a good paying job and is willing to put up with her, have a child or two, make a nice home for the family, cook healthy meals and maybe when the children are in school work part time at a florist. Forget all this other stuff, it's not working.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
. My dog, Betsy, and I have spent hours sitting watching
I watched CD with my dog Yum Yum but he pissed on the laptop and left the room!
There's a critic for ya ! 🐶 :ROFLMAO:

The dog demographic! I forgot about the Trickywoo brigade.
Gibson2 .... you know I have a pekingese !
Don't you start calling me Mrs Pumphrey or I will sic the hounds on to you !!! 🐶🐶:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
@Madame No i agree with you wholeheartedly. I too have experience in retail and the doors don’t close on Dec 24 until the last customer leaves.
Even though she expressed the hopes to have children not sure she would happy. She is unrealistic in her expectations can’t see her happy as an ordinary housewife. She needs to attend to herself first.

Reactions: 21

You have brought up some very real and unpleasant qualities about Snorts. He could be the type of psycho that slowly poisons his victims or gets them hooked on drugs so that he can get complete control of everything. His mom could even be in on the scheme. Someone definitely needs to be writing a least one novel based on the comings and goings of the chateau. If I knew how to write a murder mystery, I would. There is so much material here. I need to channel my inner Agatha Christie.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.