The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get that! I have silks for layers and a puffer that is not bulky. My husband and I spend a lot of time hiking and snowshoeing and I do a lot of walking so I layer up and then peel off as necessary. Layers really work well, way more comfortable than a big jacket or vest. It’s 12 F right now, glad to have a nice, clean, heated home!
You should see how my niece in Australia rugs up when it gets down to 20 degrees over there😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
European - 4 ° are much colder than Canadian! I believe because of the golf stream and/or mistral 😊👆
...maybe...although she was quite teary before she even arrived...so seemed to me she was already building up anxiety about seeing them... with the possibility of opening up old, unresolved issues on her mind. additionally...Marie is no longer a child. her mother’s life is her own...Marie was on the verge of forging her own path...and it looked promising. no one’s childhood is perfect...and you can’t wallow in the past forever.

... I do have empathy for her...but being depressed about what was or wasn’t will not help her have a successful and fulfilling life in the present and future. ...time for Marie to look into herself and see what will work...and not wimp out, or go backwards, the first moment when things become uncomfortable or a little difficult. she had a nice, new beginning in the new village...with a positive support system...she should expand on that...would help build her much needed confidence...and most importantly, for her to move forward. I wish her the best and hope she finds much success...and true happiness...
Time for some tough love. Recommend she:
- stay off social media
- stop grifting
- get professional help/counselling
- stop pedalling her story - everybody has a story and her story is still in the early chapters with many unresolved issues and few, if any, accomplishments
- get a stable job working for someone else (florist, waitress, store clerk - anything). She’s not strong enough to cope with the pressures of running her own business
- do flowers as a side gig for fun
- establish a stable foundation and routine, settle down for a while and begin to build your own happiness rather than endlessly searching for your happily ever after
- don’t go back home to Norway near your Mom and her new family until you’ve done all of the above and are well established in your healing process

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I saw that happen when I was called. I never got to be questioned, but wondered how the lawyers could dismiss someone without even talking to them. At the time, I wondered if it was based on their looks. I actually found it a negative put down experience for those dismissed for no apparent reason, and glad I was able to leave when they had enough jurors!
They don't get the names before hand here. I'm pretty sure I know why they stopped me the first time. It was a rape trial of a young girl and as I'm a motherly looking type they knew I wouldn't believe it was an accident or miss understanding (whatever tit was going to be the defense)
Also I glared at the defense lawyer as I walked up towards the jury box.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
They don't get the names before hand here. I'm pretty sure I know why they stopped me the first time. It was a rape trial of a young girl and as I'm a motherly looking type they knew I wouldn't be believe it was an accident or miss understanding (whatever tit was going to be the defense)
Also I glared at the defense lawyer as I walked up towards the jury box.
A colleague was on a jury and was so traumatised by the trial he decided to tell me all the horrible details of a s*xual attack on a homeless man!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Really?! They could immortalise themselves with a can of spray paint whilst the Shittoo inhabitants are away. Save some money.
Or a bit of etch a sketch on the brickwork. Hack a piece of the crumbling render off (well maybe not as that would be doing her a favour)
A brick a day stops the Patrons pay!
That b**ch, her toyboy and her brother from another mother are all sitting in business class seats, drinking champagne and laughing all the way to SA at their foolish patrons and counting the money roll in. 😡

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Marie W clearly is exhausted by having had to do some actual work which was primarily making Christmas "reets" and painting her flat and studio which she managed to get either free of charge or very cheaply. She is clearly no longer happy in Haworth, which she had said she loved, or with her studio. She had lots of help and kindness from her two friends there. So, what has happened? Either the locals who put up with it for a while, got fed up with her camera being pointed at them and their shops all the time, or she realised she'd have to stop filming the high street ad infinitum, or maybe she's heard that she needs to register her business properly and pay rent, tax and insurance. I suspect the business she was running from that place was not legal and it all goes back to her never having had a business plan and never considering what she had to do to start a proper business legally. Maybe she will stay in Norway but I doubt if she will ever manage to stand on her own two feet and earn a living or run a business successfully and legally. If all she wants to do is Instagram, it's disgusting that she managed to beg for a free vehicle for no good reason. She now expects everything to be handed to her on a plate and free of charge!
I'm wondering how she can just rock up in England and start a business. She surely needs some kind of work permit etc?

Reactions: 15
Just clicked on an old CD video while on youtube. Does anyone remember Lynn the older American lady who did lots of cooking? She was fun. And David going for his bike rides, Marie when she was happy... Oh it was fun before patreon. Shame Fanny spoiled it by getting too greedy.

Reactions: 37
You should see how my niece in Australia rugs up when it gets down to 20 degrees over there😂😂
I know what you are talking about! When I lived in PBC, FL the puffers came out when it dropped below 70F in the evenings. Go to Park City if you want to wear your winter stuff!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think I can add a bit of perspective. I initially was impressed by her little short story on how she ended up owning a chateau. My demo, 51, still pretty hip, always an early adopter trend-wise, love to decorate and antiques. Always complimented on my style. Always been told I will never be old no matter how old I get. Okay. So back to my initial brainwashing. I thought it was very cool that she had the pluck to do this. I also thought she must have made some money as an opera singer and she had determination. I also thought maybe she was a little bit cash poor, but her partners were helping things along. I was also still under the impression she worked some of the time.

I’m also American and we love us some diy. We don’t have much history over 300 years old. We generally don’t know the ins and outs of living in Europe. So in the beginning I’m very intrigued by all of this. Cut to Stephanie. She seems so down to earth! Not pretentious - she runs around in her housecoat with no makeup on. How refreshing! She must be an open book! This is disarming because she seems to be so happy and optimistic. She must be telling the truth, right? She has so many friends, and all these people volunteer to come help her, she must be really nice. You start to like her because she seems like a lot of fun. You look at the state of the place and you feel a bit sorry for her because she seems to need help. You think, oh I’ll give her a little money, I’d really like to see her fix that crappy courtyard. You find yourself wondering what they got up to since the last video.

You see her thrift shopping - she talks about sewing curtains - she shows old renno pictures and talks about her father dying. Her mom is mowing the lawn. Poor girl, you think, CoVid is going to wreck her business. She’s so excited to receive things from people and seems really grateful. Some of those things are used or worn even. You’re getting invested and go back and watch videos from before you found the channel. Cue to a couple weeks or months later, you start to think of her and the others as a friend or company. Just like you do with a TV show (Friends, Sex and the City), only this is cooler, because they are real people. Then, you start to notice things…….

Couture gowns come out for a cocktail party (“it’s vintage” sure, Vivienne Westwood?!, Versace !?, Manolo’s). She took 12 vacations last year? Hmmmm
My father bought me a murano chandelier (huh?!).

BUT, she’s driving a bombed out car left there by a volunteer, she’s giving hotel soap for Christmas presents, she’s begging Potty to buy her art at a gallery.

THEN, she’s going on vacation and staying at a 4 star hotel, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation…………….

The thing that did it for me was the $200 candle. I was like, what the actual duck lady? After that I watched just to try to figure out what the hell was going on. I am not unfamiliar with the finer things in life. I’d see them pop up now and again and I thought maybe her parents gave her nice presents. Then it became ridiculous and I started to wonder if she was a hooker. I’m not kidding. Really weird men were showing up to party, and when she dressed up she looked like a hooker. She went off with Mason on those trips and I seriously wondered if he was paying her.

Michael’s first crying video sent me straight here. I googled her name and scam and here I am. I came in around thread 19. Thank goodness for Clara, because in as much I’d decided she was full of tit, Clara really laid it out, and it’s even worse than I expected.

She’s no different than a junkie lying to you to get you to fork over some cash because they need a little help. Only in her case she runs off and buys Soleaido and $4000 worth of wallpaper instead of drugs. Oh and she doesn’t ask in person, she uses YouTube to get into your house and ask for money.

I only watch now because I want to see her come apart. I don’t care about that old building. I don’t care about her or her greedy, lying, mother. I like a few of the regulars, but I absolutely hate Snorts.

My only fear is that when we do break her, or she gets caught out, that she’ll just disappear and we’ll never get to see it.

So yep, I did, I gave her money and I’m not a granny. I hope it paid for a dinner that gave her diarrhea, or a bottle of liquor that gave her the worst hangover ever.
You have summed up my thoughts exactly! I couldn't have expressed it any better. I was an early patron at the lowest level and then went to the next level for awhile. But when the vacations, expensive food and drink, designer clothes and endless bits of furniture and china started appearing I was pissed. I can't afford any of those things myself, and here I was enabling this wanton woman who can never have enough to exploit me and others. Enough! People can do what they want with their money, but imagine what could be done for those in need with the amount she brings in to supposedly restore this piece of crap which will never be done and never look nice. I should have known what an evil person she was when she stated that she admired Marie Antoinette, her idol, another wasteful and wanton woman completely out of touch with the reality of the masses, and we all know what happened to her. Another red flag for me was her using the chapel and all other sacred sites to film and exploit for her content. She is a culture vulture, that's for sure. Thanks for your write up. I really appreciate you taking the time and energy to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I think I can add a bit of perspective. I initially was impressed by her little short story on how she ended up owning a chateau. My demo, 51, still pretty hip, always an early adopter trend-wise, love to decorate and antiques. Always complimented on my style. Always been told I will never be old no matter how old I get. Okay. So back to my initial brainwashing. I thought it was very cool that she had the pluck to do this. I also thought she must have made some money as an opera singer and she had determination. I also thought maybe she was a little bit cash poor, but her partners were helping things along. I was also still under the impression she worked some of the time.

I’m also American and we love us some diy. We don’t have much history over 300 years old. We generally don’t know the ins and outs of living in Europe. So in the beginning I’m very intrigued by all of this. Cut to Stephanie. She seems so down to earth! Not pretentious - she runs around in her housecoat with no makeup on. How refreshing! She must be an open book! This is disarming because she seems to be so happy and optimistic. She must be telling the truth, right? She has so many friends, and all these people volunteer to come help her, she must be really nice. You start to like her because she seems like a lot of fun. You look at the state of the place and you feel a bit sorry for her because she seems to need help. You think, oh I’ll give her a little money, I’d really like to see her fix that crappy courtyard. You find yourself wondering what they got up to since the last video.

You see her thrift shopping - she talks about sewing curtains - she shows old renno pictures and talks about her father dying. Her mom is mowing the lawn. Poor girl, you think, CoVid is going to wreck her business. She’s so excited to receive things from people and seems really grateful. Some of those things are used or worn even. You’re getting invested and go back and watch videos from before you found the channel. Cue to a couple weeks or months later, you start to think of her and the others as a friend or company. Just like you do with a TV show (Friends, Sex and the City), only this is cooler, because they are real people. Then, you start to notice things…….

Couture gowns come out for a cocktail party (“it’s vintage” sure, Vivienne Westwood?!, Versace !?, Manolo’s). She took 12 vacations last year? Hmmmm

BUT, she’s driving a bombed out car left there by a volunteer, she’s giving hotel soap for Christmas presents, she’s begging Potty to buy her art at a gallery.

THEN, she’s going on vacation and staying at a 4 star hotel, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation…………….

The thing that did it for me was the $200 candle. I was like, what the actual duck lady? After that I watched just to try to figure out what the hell was going on. I am not unfamiliar with the finer things in life. I’d see them pop up now and again and I thought maybe her parents gave her nice presents. Then it became ridiculous and I started to wonder if she was a hooker. I’m not kidding. Really weird men were showing up to party, and when she dressed up she looked like a hooker. She went off with Mason on those trips and I seriously wondered if he was paying her.

Michael’s first crying video sent me straight here. I googled her name and scam and here I am. I came in around thread 19. Thank goodness for Clara, because in as much I’d decided she was full of tit, Clara really laid it out, and it’s even worse than I expected.

She’s no different than a junkie lying to you to get you to fork over some cash because they need a little help. Only in her case she runs off and buys Soleaido and $4000 worth of wallpaper instead of drugs. Oh and she doesn’t ask in person, she uses YouTube to get into your house and ask for money.

I only watch now because I want to see her come apart. I don’t care about that old building. I don’t care about her or her greedy, lying, mother. I like a few of the regulars, but I absolutely hate Snorts.

My only fear is that when we do break her, or she gets caught out, that she’ll just disappear and we’ll never get to see it.

So yep, I did, I gave her money and I’m not a granny. I hope it paid for a dinner that gave her diarrhea, or a bottle of liquor that gave her the worst hangover ever.
I felt the same way when I stumbled upon her channel (it was the beginning of COVID, and the early videos were kind of fun to watch.) I enjoyed her dynamic with Mummy-Dearest (and IJ wasn't really portrayed in a bad light- she just seemed the "adult" who was trying to keep things going.) Fanny looked much younger then- she was actually getting out of bed early to cook for the B&B guests, and just seemed like someone who loved her crumbling abode and was doing the best to keep it afloat. (The B&B was paying the bills.) As a DIYer, I wanted to see how she could tackle the behemoth task of owning such a property, and what she was doing to improve it on a budget. But then, Patron and YT Adsense kicked in, and suddenly there was plethora of volunteers and then the Cadeaux- it seemed as if overnight, it went from, "I don't know how I'll pay for the electric this month" to people sending her lavish gifts of Fortnum & Mason hampers, Diptyque candles, bottles of Hendricks gin, Spode dinner services and 100 Stars robes. It went straight to Fanny's head.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Nobody asked but Too Many Maries - and this means Floral Marie. I was quite critical of her a while back. Then she moved to Haworth, was getting some premises, was going to sell her flowers, concentrate (as most florists do) on weddings, special occasions, corporate etc I felt I had misjudged her. Then I arrive here today to hear that she is back to her old tricks on Insta "I had to do what I don't want to do! Youtube! Makes wreaths for the ordinary folk up North who might want to brighten their doors with a bit of festive cheer! She does not want to interview successful people, serve customers, use flowers she does not like....but she wants patrons to pay her to have a studio so that she can arrange and photograph her flowers - and then not even sell them...Well, in our dreams we would all like to be paid to do exactly what we want when we want, but Marie, your level of entitlement is astounding. I wonder you have a single patron.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Blech! I just had a read of the comments in yesterday's CD vlog. Those people are really out to lunch! So many of them are in tears knowing their names will be on the back of the paneling. FFS! Don't they know she's just going to staple a printout of the names to the back of a panel and call it a day?

• Haha
  • Heart
The wonderful @Clara Burnett mentioned in the last thread, her hope that Amaury and Natti might settle in Argentina. Well, it is indeed a beautiful country with many kind, wonderful people. But sadly, inflation tends to run at 25 per cent per annum, making life difficult for many who live there. They can exchange their spare income for US dollars, and many do, but I think A&N could make an easier choice, especially as he is self employed and she is not a high earner.

• Sad
Reactions: 24

I am from the states as well that works a 8-5 job, take small trips a couple times a year and vacation maybe but to go and go go and go and expect people to fund it, does she not think, we have brain cells. I am 55 and a very proud GIGI to my 10 year grandson but I found her channel when I was watching Julie Montagu and different British documentaries on YouTube and the algorithm connect me with Chateau Diaries and that was way back in 2020. I love Clara I have posted some on here since I found it in the Fall and I love to read Clara insight and I knew she was with that fool before she announced it

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Nobody asked, but I cannot help but wonder if there might not be a few more mementoes left behind for future generations when the panelling gets ripped down and the place has to undergo another sooner rather than later refurbishment. Craftsmen who used to build churches often left something for future generations too. High up in the eaves of cathedrals, and furious and resentful of their working conditions, or just plain bored with the repetitiveness of it all, they would carve gargoyles who exposed their bottoms or who had enormous penises and were in the act of w.nking. I hope there are one or two of them with the presence of mind to leave a little something to let future owners know what they thought of it all. The only difference will be that the cathedral craftsmen are hundreds of years dead whereas the chateau workers may well still be alive when their gifts are discovered, so soon will further renovation be needed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I felt the same way when I stumbled upon her channel (it was the beginning of COVID, and the early videos were kind of fun to watch.) I enjoyed her dynamic with Mummy-Dearest (and IJ wasn't really portrayed in a bad light- she just seemed the "adult" who was trying to keep things going.) Fanny looked much younger then- she was actually getting out of bed early to cook for the B&B guests, and just seemed like someone who loved her crumbling abode and was doing the best to keep it afloat. (The B&B was paying the bills.) As a DIYer, I wanted to see how she could tackle the behemoth task of owning such a property, and what she was doing to improve it on a budget. But then, Patron and YT Adsense kicked in, and suddenly there was plethora of volunteers and then the Cadeaux- it seemed as if overnight, it went from, "I don't know how I'll pay for the electric this month" to people sending her lavish gifts of Fortnum & Mason hampers, Diptyque candles, bottles of Hendricks gin, Spode dinner services and 100 Stars robes. It went straight to Fanny's head.
Okay I'm going to blame Brenda for starting this gift :poop:. She sent so much stuff in the early days was really over the top. Do we put Brenda in the lonely box, that then turned crazy and controlling or was she crazy first?
I think Brenda's gifts gave others the idea of sending things and Fanny lapped it up like a greedy wee pig. I think I would be to ashamed to open gifts on camera from strangers, but not our Fanny.
Do you think the commercial gifts were brokered deals by Fanny (100 Star robes, special gins etc) or just sent by the companies in the hope of free ads?

• Heart
Blech! I just had a read of the comments in yesterday's CD vlog. Those people are really out to lunch! So many of them are in tears knowing their names will be on the back of the paneling. FFS! Don't they know she's just going to staple a printout of the names to the back of a panel and call it a day?
It really is revealing isn’t it? What if they found out that Spenderella and her mother have more than enough assets to complete the renovation themselves?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Marquis' Fiancee here (typing on his behalf :) ✌ ):

Yasss! Sadie has finally found her money-making niche vlog---building a stable for Queenie!
She tried so many avenues to grift: make-up tutorial, travel, cooking, gardening, handicraft-making, "stolen van," etc.
If you like horses, make a big donation. They might engrave the names of the donors on the bottom of Queenie's shoes! 🏇

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Nobody asked but Too Many Maries - and this means Floral Marie. I was quite critical of her a while back. Then she moved to Haworth, was getting some premises, was going to sell her flowers, concentrate (as most florists do) on weddings, special occasions, corporate etc I felt I had misjudged her. Then I arrive here today to hear that she is back to her old tricks on Insta "I had to do what I don't want to do! Youtube! Makes wreaths for the ordinary folk up North who might want to brighten their doors with a bit of festive cheer! She does not want to interview successful people, serve customers, use flowers she does not like....but she wants patrons to pay her to have a studio so that she can arrange and photograph her flowers - and then not even sell them...Well, in our dreams we would all like to be paid to do exactly what we want when we want, but Marie, your level of entitlement is astounding. I wonder you have a single patron.
I was initially critical of her as well (she went from being a bubbly, happy person with her "wellness" clinics at CLL to an angry dour-faced chit.) But then she eventually stumbled upon Nikki (who has been amazing supportive of her- giving her the tough love she needs- I think we would all like to adopt Nikki as a second mum.) She seemed initially happy in Haworth (it is a idyllic, quaint little town where not much is happening, and local business owners thrive on tourism and seem to be in support of one another), but I do agree, despite everything Jill and Nikki have done to help her out, she just doesn't seem very happy there (and, sadly, as much I initially cheered on her good fortune of having such amazing people around her who WANT to see her succeed, she seems quite ungrateful- they were the ONLY people in her YouTube-iverse who took a chance on her and tried to help her achieve her dream. Heck, they even paid her way to go home to Norway for the holidays.) Marie, you're not a special unicorn- you need to EARN your way in life. Success is driven by one's own sacrifices, not based on the handouts of others.

• Heart
A visible shift happened with Marie and also with Selmar soon after Philip appeared on the scene. In retrospect, one could surmise they each, within their different roles at the chateau, felt that this useless and lazy newcomer was rewarded financially and elevated unfairly for contributing not much more than being a weird, joyless companion. I can imagine what a slap in the face that was. Morale sapping for sure. And now it seems that the co owners are unable to ‘uncircle the drain’ as they have stepped in too late.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.