The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if I am learning to speak Selmar or his English has improved. I wonder if Tatti is helping him.
Same here! Either I have watched far too much Selmar content that now he sounds coherent or his English has improved. Or he finally got a microphone.

Reactions: 14
maybe they still have shares in it?? its very strange..i dont know much about the english way of things..when you sell your company here...you are not able to use its name..but by looking at it..the whole family has made a lott of money from those grannyfarms...

Reactions: 19
FYI…I’ve updated the Chateau Diaries Wiki to include information about Billy’s AWOL story in the UK Daily Mail, and also a definition of SJ’s “flying monkeys.”

Reactions: 36
The language of Selmar is hard to penetrate. A bit like Klingon. I do agree that it was easier to interpret tonight. Maybe he has invested in a better microphone so when Tatty turns on him, the people of Diss can hear his cries for help.
Sorry- I just saw your post after I posted- the Klingon reference... I can't... You're slaying me!!!

Reactions: 12
My Huguenot ancestors left France about 1600 and spent around 25 years in England before skedaddling to the Massachusetts Bay colony where they settled around Saco and Kennebunkport which eventually became Maine. After 200 hundred years or so, they joined the great migration west. But since this is the maternal line (mother’s mother’s mother etc) it was completely ignored by the entire family.

Reactions: 10
I'm embarrassed to say I once sent something to MP once. Postage cost twice as much as the item I sent! Never again.

Reactions: 34
My dear, he's saving his pennies to buy his dream Shitoo!

Reactions: 18
Good points. I noticed that about the tree as well. Dan seems to be fudging some of the timeline.
Also, why put lights on the awful wood structure and not on the tree? What happened to those coloured spotlights which were put in earlier in the year?
They turned the outside spotlights on once for Guy Fawkes Night and they've never been turned on again. Crazy because they looked nice!

Reactions: 16
Way to go Charlotte! Love a good discussion between friends....

I noticed that too. The tree wasn't there (although the mess from removing it was) and then it was there again. How long will that digger last, being used for all sorts of things?

Reactions: 10
Ooh that is indeed a nasty picture in my head. SJ should buy a safe to keep her personal/legal stuff in. Especially if there are no locks on doors? Any old thief could drop in for a visit.

Reactions: 11
That's an impressive plume in her chapeau. She's no Jesse Norman, but definitely not a Florence Foster Jenkins.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
It's interesting how so resilient a group of practically medieval Frenchies behaved so differently in diaspora. After the genocide of the Cathars -- the subject of probably the very best book I've ever read -- nobody in France who chose not to be a Catholic was ignorant of the ongoing risk. I've tried to understand the appeal of Calvin -- the best I came up with was, he finally conceded that if God's vicar on earth, the king, is a tyrant, we're allowed to overthrow him. Big mo for the Protestant reformation.
He was also a French lawyer. If you're a fan of the French and their dazzling rhetoric, you too could convert.
Amazon product

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
And this is what SJ and Squirrel Camelpants will be seeing on safari. I hope any lions have been well fed before they see those two or they might be supper! Or not, not much muscle on either of them so not much of a main course, maybe an entree?

Reactions: 9
Not a good start to 2022, but stay strong and it will get better. Glad we could give you some laughs.

Why not cut firewood instead of have a bonfire? if you have too much firewood already you could offer for locals to come and take it away.

Reactions: 12
Same here! Either I have watched far too much Selmar content that now he sounds coherent or his English has improved. Or he finally got a microphone.
Or adjusted his intake of wacky weed.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.