The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it was pretty tit. I'm so glad I'm no longer paying for that. It's terrible editing and so repetitive. The night before Maria goes over everything and then next day goes over half of it again. Wtf.
And she was cut off while talking about it a 3rd time during the party. Instead we got an abrupt cut to brown plates.
BTW, PJ has missed a few opportunities for tablescapes. Has he abandoned his channel?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
We’re the shutters Amauri was working on finished, or do they need to be added to the 31 projects started but not quite completed, mentioned or grifter? (Refer wiki)
I thought, in the long (perhaps Patreon?) video with the architect and her plans, it had been decided to abandon the exterior shutters, as they are 19th century and not original to the shittoo. My not-very-well-documented understanding is that there are also interior shutters that Amaury would be responsible for?

Reactions: 5
Well covid has hit close to home. My daughter just informed me she was exposed on NYE to someone who has since tested positive & has symptoms. So far she doesn’t have any. So worried! She is vaxed and boosted so there’s that. Our province is no longer contact tracing or offering rapid tests unless you have symptoms. So waiting game! Gone from belly laughs to tears in minutes😞
I literally JUST got home from having covid testing done. We had both rapid test and the other (can't remember what it was called). I should hear the results of the rapid test any minute now....my daughter panicked after I told her that I'd cleaned out the refrigerator and some of the things didn't smell like I thought they should...I guess she thought I meant that I couldn't smell anything...but, whatever, we got tested and my granddaughter had to be tested, the one with the blood disorder...we should hear back soon.

Just got the phone call that the rapid test was negative!:m:m:m

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
In regards to accents in Canada we all have regional differences, influences and subtleties. My MiL is from an area in Quebec which was primarily English British descent she does have a slight British way of speaking. I know I have heard Sarah’s accent before but can’t pin it maybe she had a parent from Britain.
I would like to know who amongst us say “oot” and “aboot” which has given comedians lots of material.
People from Saskatchewan. They would pour over the US border to buy Coors beer many years ago. I remember also rye and coke instead of whiskey and coke. Kids used to hang out in the bars in rural areas or drive around Main Street, I think they still do.
Thank you, I’m allergic to moose knuckle.

Exactly. SOOO boring. And do we see them eat the layered thingee? Also did they make anything special for Sir Snorts and his allergies? I don't give a duck enough about Sir Snorts to check what he is allergic to, but isn't it dairy, and didn't most of the food contact it in some ways? I'm just glad we don't have to listen to 'and we've made a gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free meal for PhiPhi'.
Here is what I think happens. Snorts gets a plate of non-allergenic, carbon filtered, virgin air to consume with the rest of the guests. Don’t worry about which utensil he needs to use, Snorts said just do what you want. Free pass despite centuries of tradition. After everyone is in bed, their own or someone else’s, he comes down in the middle of the night and loads a trough with all the leftovers and eats through the night. I remember Fanny remarking that he is a night eater and eats a lot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
and fleas
Hedgehogs can also get sick from human beings.
I was always taught not to mess with animals out alone in the middle of the day.

Can anyone see him on a horse? Ticks and mosquitoes are dangerous for such a tender skinned boy.

And all that red meat in Argentina. Is Philip allergic to beef also?

His immature digestive system is just sooooo terribly delicate.

View attachment 968032
Arrrrrrrgh. Of all the creepy men at Lalande, this is the one I would not entertain.

Reactions: 7
The moment MPK realizes his ride to the beauty salon is canceled because the library delivery is more important. No haircut! And we learned MPK is packing up the cottage…all of the Spode (or “whatever it’s called” as Billy said). Supposedly so he can work on it? I’ll believe it when I see it.

0E08DE13-75F1-4502-A585-CDD20DA13FED.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
As Clara reported, boring AF.
I'd absolutely starve at Lalande. Aside from the deep fried pastry it all looked disgusting.
Previous Tattle posts have delved off into tangents of the delicious foodstuffs Tattlers have been preparing in their own much cleaner kitchens on a regular basis. (Due to "Secretly a VIP" @Heathcliffe, who is kind of a big deal (although he does not post often) the following subjects are no longer allowed to be discussed: scones, clotted cream, PBJ, or pies.) Watching the food preparation at the Shitoo is abysmal in its own right- no proper hand hygiene, foodstuffs are left out for far too long during prep (especially perishables), prep is done on a wooden table with raw meat next to salad, the sink is no where near where prep work is done, no gloves, long hair flowing, ugh. No thanks. Agree with you 100%!

• Sick
Reactions: 27
It's called Eileen Fisher.
So I had to google Eileen Fisher and a whole new world of fashion has been revealed to me!
One of the search results:

What is Menocore style?
Menocore, according to the Man Repeller post, is wanting to live in a lighthouse and dress in “... looks inspired by the aesthetic of a middle-aged woman on a low-key beach vacation… lots of linen, tiny spectacle sunglasses, maybe a bucket hat, cosy knits…” And the clever correlations don't stop there.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
He actually brought that thing with him? We've heard about his dinner service, cutlery and Grandma's clothes but what else has he brought? Grandma's toilet brush, Grandpa's denture mug?
Who, THE duck, shows up to a new relationship with their grandfathers ice bucket/retirement award/plant pot????? That is INSANE.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Who, THE duck, shows up to a new relationship with their grandfathers ice bucket/retirement award/plant pot????? That is INSANE.
A huge red flag that one.
Philip’s Removal truck arriving with Maakie, her mother, other relatives and their belongings.
2066982B-EA31-4B91-807A-0CFC051BC49A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Previous Tattle posts have delved off into tangents of the delicious foodstuffs Tattlers have been preparing in their own much cleaner kitchens on a regular basis. (Due to "Secretly a VIP" @Heathcliffe, who is kind of a big deal (although he does not post often) the following subjects are no longer allowed to be discussed: scones, clotted cream, PBJ, or pies.) Watching the food preparation at the Shitoo is abysmal in its own right- no proper hand hygiene, foodstuffs are left out for far too long during prep (especially perishables), prep is done on a wooden table with raw meat next to salad, the sink is no where near where prep work is done, no gloves, long hair flowing, ugh. No thanks. Agree with you 100%!
I wonder if we could correlate weight gain at the chateau with our Tartlet off topic food tangents? Picture it .... in the wee hours of the night, they are all wrapped up in their beds on their phones and iPads, reading Tattle .... all the clotted cream, scones, pie and more .... it's got to make a la lander mighty hungry .... they sneak off down to the kitchen and run into the rest of the residents ... all of them craving a piece of @Arfarf's pie ....

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Well when BJJ said he would be at La La for the foreseeable future, mum and dad packed up his room and brought everything, literally everything. He is sly this kid and his mum (who introduced him to CD). It is going to be interesting viewing to see how SJ evicts BJJ given the looooonnnnggg demise of Selmar.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
That’s what you get when you use your Shitoo’s unpaid labor as your dating pool. It’s not like it was a highly thought-out process.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
He actually brought that thing with him? We've heard about his dinner service, cutlery and Grandma's clothes but what else has he brought? Grandma's toilet brush, Grandpa's denture mug?
It's going to be a mission to pack it all up throw out the the chatelaines window when the time comes for him to leave.

My ex-partner had me back working when our child was 5 weeks old, although one 12 hour shift. But by the time she was 4 months I was working part-time. For him it was all about the money, and I had to pay my way.

His new wife thought she should be a stay-at-home but he sent her off to work.

As for Dan, I hope there isn't too much gushing about him taking care of HIS own children over of YT.
Yes I'm lucky that Hubby and I have always been in agreement over the large decisions. It's the small crap that trips us up every now and then.
At least you have the satisfaction that he is treating his new wife in the same manner.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
So I had to google Eileen Fisher and a whole new world of fashion has been revealed to me!
One of the search results:

What is Menocore style?
Menocore, according to the Man Repeller post, is wanting to live in a lighthouse and dress in “... looks inspired by the aesthetic of a middle-aged woman on a low-key beach vacation… lots of linen, tiny spectacle sunglasses, maybe a bucket hat, cosy knits…” And the clever correlations don't stop there.
I've been rocking Eileen Fisher before it was even a thing- good-fitting quality clothing. I am a middle-aged Gen-Xer whose closet consists of EF, Roxy, Hurley, J.Crew, Banana Republic, Armani Exchange, Nautica, and Ann Taylor- all of which, I have been buying since my 20s. The articles are ridiculous. They're not high-end fashion (no Versace, YSL, Gucci, LV)- just average mid-range clothing to live in.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.